Notices

One of the worst days of my LIFE!

Old
07-16-2011, 10:13 PM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

vCash: 500
One of the worst days of my LIFE!

So I thought I'd rant a little and explain one of the worst days of my life in my 21yrs on this earth.... For the last few months I've been plagued by pretty severe abdominal pains. which I later found out was a 1.6cm kidney stone on my left side. Months of waiting and seeing doctors I finally got a procedure called Lithotripsy which uses high pitched sound waves to blast the kidney stone in the little pieces because the stone was too big to pass on its own... Well yesterday after the procedure I was pretty much fine and spent the day relaxing with some relatives that came up for the day.. I thought.. well im glad this is all over.. just have the inconvinience of peeing in a strainer for the next 2 weeks to collect samples. Well boy was I wrong... This morning I woke up with some slight pain... nothing major and I went to the bathroom and was starting my morning routine... until... 10mins later I began feeling the most pain I have ever felt in my entire life.. I couldn't pee and the pain killers I was prescribed didn't do a thing... I was literally rolling on the ground in tears hyperventilating.. I ended up getting rushed to the hospital and rushed into observation immediately.. my Blood pressure was skyrocketing.. and I was shaking I was in so much pain... Finally I was hooked up to an IV and injected with Morphine and gravol for the nausea... I spent literally 12hrs in an uncomfortable hospital bed.. throwing up... in pain.. and being fed morphine and gravol.. I am finally back home.. with a much more potent pain killer and finally resting... I wish nobody to ever experience what I have today.. and hope to god none of you ever get Kidney Stones.. it is the worst thing ever.

Old
07-16-2011, 10:25 PM
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!

Sorry to hear that! My dad had gone through several instances like that his whole life. It can get pretty scary sometimes with how much pain is involved.

I sure as hell hope that the worst is over for you! Not fun at all!

TaLoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-16-2011, 11:03 PM
rynryn
Progress to the Mean

vCash: 50
I don't ever want to even read about that again. god OUCH.

rynryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:00 AM
MK9

I've had kidney stones 3 times. First time was the worst by far. Mine was 5mm. I woke up with it at 4:30 in the morning. I went from being sound asleep to being as awake as I've ever been. Like someone flipped a switch. I knew something was wrong immediately. And since they won't let you park in the trauma center entrance, I literally had to crawl on my hands & knees into the hospital. When they gave me the morphine I've never felt such a instant dramatic change in feelings. From excruciating pain to not caring if you hit me in the head with a sledgehammer.

The second two were nowhere near that big. Worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I also had the lithotripsy for that first one. Woke up and it felt like someone drop kicked me in the kidneys and I had a burn mark there the size of a quarter. My life was basically wake up, take vicoden, drink an assload of water, watch tv, fall asleep. Do it all over again. It really sucked because the stent they put in made it feel like someone was stepping on my right nut every time I'd pee. And with the amount of water they wanted me to drink, that was about every 20 minutes. I was out of work almost a month with that crap. I'm pretty sure the doctor was just milking the insurance though. I never understood why they made me wait so long to get the damn surgery.

I'd never wish kidney stones on my worst enemy.

MK9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 12:13 AM
BigT2002

Know your pain. I had a 9mm in Iraq. They misdiagnosed me three times claiming I was just dehydrated. Finally my Group Commander told me to see the flight surgeon, a full bird Colonel, who promptly ordered a CT scan which showed it lodged between my kidney and bladder. There was no ultrasound machine like you had in Iraq, Qatar, or even Germany...I would of had to go all the way back to the states. Soooooo, instead I got the wonderful fun of being put out for surgery, the one urologist they went through the our wonderful "look at me girls I can do the helicopter" part and woke up with something in me and zero meds once they woke me up.

Yes, my friend, it is worse than giving birth and I've had countless female docs tell me that.

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 07:49 AM
this providence
Chips in Bed Theorem

Yikes. Can't imagine. Rather not experience that type of pain in that general area either...

Hope all is well, especially moving forward for you.

After Meaningless Win - 3/29/12 - Game 77 | SoH-"Who knows, that could have cost us a Cup tonight." | Dooohkay
this providence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 09:09 AM
GopherState
Repeat Offender...

My stomach hurts after reading this. Hope you're feeling better!

"Will beats skill when skill doesn't have enough will."
-Doug Woog
1974 1976 1979 2002 2003 2014?
GopherState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 09:21 AM
pbunder

Really sorry to hear that. Sounds awful. Is it just me or is 1.6cm a gigantic stone? No wonder it hurt so bad. No thanks!

pbunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 09:57 AM
Puhis
@Puhis46

Send a message via MSN to Puhis Send a message via Skype™ to Puhis
Dude, hope you're feeling better now. Sounds horrible.

Puhis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Northland Wild Man
Finnesotans?

Ouch. This hurts to read.

Northland Wild Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 10:41 AM
Spawnisen
Believe.

I've heard Kidney Stone and Hortons Headache are the worst pains a human can have. I hope that it will get better. Good luck!

Spawnisen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Marty Straka
Don't Stop Believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbunder View Post
Really sorry to hear that. Sounds awful. Is it just me or is 1.6cm a gigantic stone? No wonder it hurt so bad. No thanks!
1.6cm is a huge stone.. they are usually mm in size.. so yea it's death haha.

Marty Straka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 11:09 AM
Engebretson
I WANT HOLYFIELD!!!!

vCash: 1000
Wow, that sounds miserable, glad you're back home again though and out of the hospital. Good luck the rest of the way.

Engebretson is offline   Reply With Quote