HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Stephane Robidas

Old
07-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Roof Daddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by txomisc View Post
Im just not clear on what Robidas is going to do for the Isles. He's 34 years old with a few years left on his contract. He plays a physical style where he throws and recieves alot of hits which doesnt really lend itself to longevity. I don't ever see him being an important contributor to a good Isles team.
I think the Isles have a legit shot at the playoffs (especially if they add to the backend like this deal would). Making the playoffs, for that team, would be huge. They also need to get to the floor. Strome means there's very little chance Bailey ever plays a top 6 role on the Island.

Roof Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:24 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

I've wanted him on the Devils for a while. What would Dallas want going the other way?

(They'd probably have to take one of our d-men back... White?)

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:25 PM
SolidusAKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigG44 View Post
That's not even remotely accurate. There are obvious arguments for and against them actually doing this, but there is absolutely no indication they will any time soon or that they are currently rebuilding.

A full rebuild would indicate they were dumping veteran assets. They added those players this summer preventing young players from likely making the roster. That's the exact opposite of a full rebuild.
Yeah, I had kind of a brain fart. I just meant in terms of dallas being very different from, say, the 2009 roster, moving robidas for bailey wouldnt be too dramatic

SolidusAKA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
Captain Tavares

vCash: 50
I don't know if I like adding a pick to Bailey for Robidas unless it's on Dallas's end. Maybe I'm underrating Robidas. Can I get a scouting report?

I mean, Robidas is 34 and you're looking at 3 years of good service. I'm all for trading for him but you're giving up Bailey (who I find easily tradable) who is 21 and you're looking at many years of service.

Last edited by Kevin27nyi: 07-17-2011 at 02:50 PM.
Kevin27nyi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:32 PM
BigG44

vCash: 475
Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
I've wanted him on the Devils for a while. What would Dallas want going the other way?

(They'd probably have to take one of our d-men back... White?)
If it's a salary dump, is Bryce Salvador going to be healthy this season?

I don't see how you'd convince White (NTC) to come to Dallas.

BigG44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 02:42 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

What can NJ offer us that's better than the NYI's offer?

We'll take Salvador to make room for Robidas on the Devils, but what significant piece will NJ add?

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:08 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
If it's a salary dump, is Bryce Salvador going to be healthy this season?

I don't see how you'd convince White (NTC) to come to Dallas.
Salvador has started skating, and we're hoping that he will be in the lineup for Opening Night. If he's not in the lineup for October, then he'll definitely be ready by November or December. He's serviceable and would definitely help out Dallas' blueline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
What can NJ offer us that's better than the NYI's offer?

We'll take Salvador to make room for Robidas on the Devils, but what significant piece will NJ add?
Not so sure what you mean by "significant" -- would you want a roster player like Zubrus or Clarkson or would you want a defensive prospect like Gelinas/Corrente?

Old
07-17-2011, 03:18 PM
ManoWarrior

Salvador + Palmieri for Robidas?

ManoWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-17-2011, 03:25 PM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManoWarrior View Post
Salvador + Palmieri for Robidas?
I'm sure the Stars would want someone else other than just Palmieri added on to Salvador.

Clarkson would probably be added.

Old
07-17-2011, 04:00 PM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Originally Posted by njdevils3034 View Post
I'm sure the Stars would want someone else other than just Palmieri added on to Salvador.

Clarkson would probably be added.
Palmieri would be nice. A big body and a R-handed shot. We could slot Eriksson back at LW and stick Palmieri on the right side. Although, I'm not too familiar with his upside, though.
We don't need Clarkson, our bottom six is already set.

Would NJ be open to Palmieri + White for Robidas? Or is White a crucial piece to the Devils?

Old
07-17-2011, 10:49 PM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
Palmieri would be nice. A big body and a R-handed shot. We could slot Eriksson back at LW and stick Palmieri on the right side. Although, I'm not too familiar with his upside, though.
We don't need Clarkson, our bottom six is already set.

Would NJ be open to Palmieri + White for Robidas? Or is White a crucial piece to the Devils?
If you talking about Colin White, his NTC means you shouldn't expect him to waive for Dallas. I think it would take quite a bit for him to waive anywhere in the NHL, and Dallas would have to be pretty far down that list unless he just really wanted to play for GM Joe.

Old
07-18-2011, 12:05 AM
SLAPSHOT723
Big Brock

Quote:
If you talking about Colin White, his NTC means you shouldn't expect him to waive for Dallas. I think it would take quite a bit for him to waive anywhere in the NHL, and Dallas would have to be pretty far down that list unless he just really wanted to play for GM Joe.
Is it really that bad?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 04:42 AM
Ogi1Kenobi

Quote:
Colin White wouldn't want to waive because he played his entire career in NJ? Or because the Dallas organization is an absolute mess? Probably both. Regardless, GM Joe is going to have to use every trick in the book to persuade him to come to Dallas. If he fails, then I can see GMLL persuading him to waive.

Old
07-18-2011, 06:10 AM
tony d
Thanks for memories

Ottawa would offer Jared Cowen and Milan Michalek.

07-18-2011, 06:16 AM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
Err.

I doubt Ottawa would offer that up. Robidas is a solid top-4 defenseman, but Cowen, in all likelihood, will end up being the better player 2-3 years down the road, which is the time frame where Ottawa most likely hopes to be contending for a playoff spot. A ~23 year old Jared Cowen should aid in that quest more so than a ~36 year old Stephane Robidas. Adding Michalek makes it a brutal trade for the Senators, considering Cowen for Robidas straight up doesn't make sense for the Senators either.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 07:02 AM
Brand New Stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony d View Post
No take backs. Dallas would be ecstatic to get a prospect like Cowen for Robidas.

Brand New Stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 07:40 AM
BigG44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Is it really that bad?
No but why would I gave who played his entire career in NJ move to a place that's not in a position to contend. How many older vets want to move to a non-playoff team and not a real contender when they have only a few more years in the league.

It's actually not bad in Dallas, they'll probably be middle of the pack again since they made a strong push in FA to improve defensive play. However, they are not one of the top options if you have a NTC to control where you go.

Old
07-18-2011, 09:10 AM
LohPilot

Quote:
That's not even remotely accurate. There are obvious arguments for and against them actually doing this, but there is absolutely no indication they will any time soon or that they are currently rebuilding.

A full rebuild would indicate they were dumping veteran assets. They added those players this summer preventing young players from likely making the roster. That's the exact opposite of a full rebuild.

Regarding whether or not Robidas is available, I believe he would be. It's doubtful Dallas rolls with 4 smaller D, and Philip Larsen is pushing for an NHL roster spot. Trevor Daley just got a big deal, and the team appears to be committed to Alex Goligoski.

Stephane Robidas appears to be the most logical piece to move in the next year or so. I don't know that he's a piece they'd move right this moment though.

Dallas is not in a rebuild mode! If Larsen is to make the team, trades will need to be done. As mentioned, Dallas will not roll with 4 smaller D's. We are committed to Alex Goligoski and will keep Robidas for his experience. If we keep Fistric, then Daley would be the choice to trade. He has value. That could allow Dillon to make the team as well as Larsen

LohPilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 09:41 AM
Sony Eriksson*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSGstandsforMmmSoGud View Post
Hemsky, Paajarvi and a 2nd in 2012 for Jamie Benn and Stephan Robidas

Sony Eriksson* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 12:05 PM
94eleven
fka Loosemonkeys

I think Robidas would be a great fit in Vancouver. Would Schroeder and a 3rd entice Dallas? If not what would?

94eleven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-18-2011, 11:37 PM
________

Send a message via AIM to ________ Send a message via MSN to ________
I'd like to see the Stars trade Robidas, but the best value for him is at the trade deadline and the Stars will probably still be in the playoff mix.

________ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:04 AM
batmansuncle

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosemonkeys View Post
I think Robidas would be a great fit in Vancouver. Would Schroeder and a 3rd entice Dallas? If not what would?
I'd do that deal

batmansuncle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:12 AM
Puckgenius*

Robidas for hagman and sarich

Puckgenius* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:52 AM
Rydgar

People are actually agreeing on player values? My respect for Dallas fans here have definitely gone up.

Rydgar is offline   Reply With Quote