HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Favorite of all time

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2004, 06:04 PM
kmad
Riot Survivor

vCash: 500
Favorite of all time

Favorite Save: Kirk McLean on Robert Reichel.
Game 7, 2nd overtime, Canucks rallied from 3-1 in the series against Calgary. 2-on-1 with Reichel and Fleury, McLean stacks the pads and saves Vancouver's ass.

Favorite Goal: Maxim Afinogenov on John Grahame.
Simply incredible. I can watch that a billion times over and still be amazed. If you watch Grahame during the goal replay, he has no clue as to what's going on.

Favorite Hit: Trevor Linden on Jeff Finley?
Linden drives him into the boards, through the glass into the stands.

Favorite Fight: Brad May vs. Steve Montador
Shades of the old May. Biggest pump-up fight I've ever seen.

Favorite Game: Vancouver 3-2 Calgary
Bure OT winner to clinch the series..

Favorite Playoff Series: Vancouver-St Louis 2002-03
Ups and downs, goalie domination, Bertuzzi going nuts..

Favorite Rivalry: Vancouver-Colorado
Thank you very much Steve Moore

Favorite Announcer Call: Game 6 Rangers/Canucks
"..he'll play on crutches.."
Canucks fans know the one I'm talking about.

Old
08-02-2004, 06:10 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

haha yea i had to watch the replay of that goal at least 10 times to figure out what actually happened.

Favorite Save - For any Canuck fan, it is McLeans save on Riechel.

Favorite goal - Naslunds wrist shot vs. the Wings a few years back. It was top corner to the exact millimeter, and the announcers( wings announcers) were going crazy that it was the best shot ever.

The Linden hit was on Norton, not Finley, btw.
My favorite has to be Bertuzzi on Jackman from this past season, or Bertuzzi on Salvador from the last years playoff series.

Favorite game, probably game 6 vs the rangers in 94. Or the Wings/Avs game where all mayhem broke loose.

Favorite playoff series, besides Canucks, the leafs islanders series from a few years back. That series was crazy.

Favorite rivalry - Vancouver - St. Louis

Favorite announcers call - The Av's broadcaster annoucing goals.

Old
08-02-2004, 07:14 PM
Classic Devil
Global Moderator
Spirit of 1988

Awards:
Favorite Save: None at the moment

Favorite Goal: Jason Arnott from Patrik Elias on Ed Belfour to win the 2000 Stanley Cup. I don't think anything will ever come close. Then the celebration... to have Elias come out wearing Sykora's jersey backwards and then Larry Robinson puts it on...

Favorite Hit: Scott Stevens on Eric Lindros. Caps of a 3-1 comeback run to humiliate our greatest opponent.

Favorite Fight:None at the moment. Probably something out of Claude Lemieux's old days.

Favorite Game: Game 6, 2000 Stanley Cup Finals. The Game, the celebration... That game was so increadible. A double overtime coming off of a triple overtime game, where a goal by my team in either wins the Stanley Cup... the most nerve wracking hour and a half of my life.

Favorite Playoff Series: New Jersey - Philadelphia 2000.

Favorite Rivalry: New Jersey - New York Rangers before the Rangers became bad.

Favorite Announcer Call: I forget who called it, but the guy who did the 2000 Stanley Cup win on Arnott's Goal.

See a trend?

Old
08-02-2004, 08:47 PM
Ontario Habsfan

Favorite Save - That rediculous blocker/twister save by Theodore on Guerin in games 6 of the Habs/Bruins series in 2002

Favorite goal - Pavol Datsyuks goal from this year. Rediculous!

Favourite hit: I loved the Stevens on Lindros too, that was a top quality hit. From a personal standpoint. This years Habs/Bruins series when Mike Komisarek put Joe Thornton into the boards. I was loving it! I'll always rememeber that one.

Favorite game: Does the gold medal game count? I don't know if I can single out one NHL. I've seen too many great ones. The most satisfying win of my young life was this years comeback against the Bruins in game 7.

Favorite playoff series: Aside from the Habs series wins I've seen, Those Oilers/Stars have been great. Some of those Western Conf. Finals have been great too. I remember Dallas and Colorado having a rediculously war-life series. Colorado/Detroit has been good too.

Favorite rivalry - Montreal - Boston, Montreal - Toronto...I wish the Nordiques were still around, I never learned to hate them.

Favorite announcers call - I never heared him but Danny Gallivan.
Of the one's I've heared.
1) Dick Irvin - I grew up with him
2) Claude Quenville - French, Always liked him, too bad he lost his job
3) Chris Cuthbert - Too bad Millen always drags him down
4) Kenny Albert - The Rangers radio man makes me enjoy listening to NYR games. Thanks to him I have a soft spot for the Rangers despite there free-spending ways.

Old
08-02-2004, 09:20 PM
Egghammer

Favorite Goal: Owen Nolan on Hasek in the All Star game a few years ago.

Favorite Hit: Todd Bertuzzi on Chris Chelios from playoffs 2 years ago. He totally nailed him in boards. Not a Chelios fan in the least but I acually felt sorry for him.

Favorite Fight: Any fight is good with me.

Favorite Game: Game 3 1987 Canada Cup Finals.

Favorite Rivalry: Boston-Monreal All Time
Colorado-Detroit now, possibly Vancouver-Colorado in the future

Old
08-02-2004, 09:28 PM
infinitesadd

Favorite Save: Marc Andre Fleury's first game in the NHL
I can't really think of a specific one, so I'll just comment on a specific goaltending performance. He made over 40 saves, and lsot the game as the pens played horrible in front of him. He was absolutely amazing, the Kings were even like "that should have been 10-0". Absolutely amazing performance by the 18 year old.

Favorite Goal: Jaromir Jagr/New York Rangers goalie (can't remember exactly who)
Jagr took it on, at the time, rookie Kim Jonnson and schooled the hell out of him, made him fall over, and then deeked the goalie so far out of his net he just poked it in. The speed with which it occured was sick. I had this goal on tape for three years and I would just go back and watch it all the time.

Favorite Hit: Darius Kasparaitus on Eric Lindros
Darius started the concussion with this one. I hated Lindros so much at the time tho, I was in awe of this hit. Kaspur lined him up at the blueline and Lindros fell like a sack of bricks.

Favorite Fight: Francois Leroux vs Tony Twist
Both had their shirts off and were wailing on each other. Leroux had his knuckles taped, and cut Twist, there was blood everywhere, incidently the Pens won the game 8-3 and Mario had a ton of points.

Favorite Game: Washington/Pittsburgh
This was the 1995 or 1996 playoffs, I can't remember which. This was the game that went into 4 overtimes with the Pens winning on a Petr Nedved goal. Barrasso only played the first 2 periods before he got hurt and Wregget played the next 5 periods. Amazing game.

Favorite Playoff Series: Pittsburgh/Buffalo
This was the year Mario came back. Pittsburgh shocked the Sabres in 7 games, with DARIUS KASPARAITUS of all people scoring the series clinching goal. I had not planned on him being involved in two of these.

Favorite Rivalry: Colorado/Detroit
Its kind of calmed down recently, but back in the day there was nothing like it.

Old
08-02-2004, 11:00 PM
Zetterberg4Captain*

Favorite Save: I have no clue

Favorite Goal: Lidstrom Vs. Cloutier.
He scored it form center ice in the first round of the playoffs. Turned the whole series around.

Favorite Hit: Scott Stevens On Ron Francis.
It was in the playoffs, first round I think and ater the hit it would show Francis really struggling to get up. It was Hilarious!

Favorite Fight: Darren McCarty Vs. Claude Lemieux
Like so many people do i hate Claude Lemieux and when i saw him just getting the crap beat out of him by McCarty it brought me joy!

Favorite Game: Detroit 7 Colorado 0
This game happened in 2002. It was Game 7 of the western Conference finals and Detroit absolutely pummeled Colorado. It was great.

Favorite Playoff Series: Colorado Vs. Detroit.
Of course this happened in 2002. It was a great series!

Favorite Rivalry: Detroit Vs. Colorado
Well since im a wings fan how could a different rivalry be my favorite!

Favorite Announcer Call: He Shoots, He Scores -Foster Hewitt

Old
08-02-2004, 11:02 PM
eSabre

Send a message via AIM to eSabre
Favorite Save: Martin Biron on Andy Delmore
Caught in the corner after a bad clearing attempt, which goes right to Delmore's stick, Biron races towards the net. As Delmore lets loose a knee-waist high wrist shot, Biron reaches his stick in front of the net and knocks it out of mid air. Amazing.

Favorite Goal: Donald Audette vs. Philadelphia. Game 6, 2001 ECQ.
A loose puck is sent down the right wing boards from the Buffalo zone and Audette chases after it, as it reaches the faceoff circle, Audette winds up and one times it off the near corner post, off the far post and in. The sound that puck made is still vivid in my head today.

Favorite Hit: Mike Peca on Steve Martins
For anyone who's seen it, it'll be on highlight reels for a long time.

Favorite Fight: Steve Shields vs. Garth Snow
I'm not a fight person, but this bout was amazing.

Favorite Game: Philadelphia at Buffalo, Game 6 2001 ECQF.
Simply the greatest game I've ever been to. Sabres 8, Flyers 0. Awesome.

Favorite Playoff Series: Buffalo/Toronto, 1999 ECF
Really is what started the rivalry between the two teams. Nothing was better than watching Dwayne Roloson lead the Sabres to a Game 1 victory in Toronto. Geoff Sanderson's amazing one handed goal. Rob Ray scoring the game winner between his legs in Game 4. Dixon Ward scoring the empty netter to clinch the series. Great series.

Favorite Rivalry: Buffalo/Toronto
You haven't lived until you've been to a Sabres/Leafs game at HSBC Arena.

Favorite Announcer Call: Rick Jeanneret - "May Day!"
No explanation necessary.

Old
08-02-2004, 11:12 PM
Form and Substance

Anyone know where I can find the Afinogenov goal? No, well ok nevermind.

Old
08-02-2004, 11:35 PM
anguscertified
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leachmeister2000
Anyone know where I can find the Afinogenov goal? No, well ok nevermind.
they have it on the buffalo sabres website
you just have to hunt around for it

Old
08-03-2004, 12:05 AM
nWoCHRISnWo

Favourite Save: Bill Ranford doing the splits in midair while jumping back into net after skating away from it for a second / Giguere's skate save against Dallas in the play-offs a year ago (on Modano?)

Favourite Goal: Kariya in the Gold Medal Olympic 2002 game after Lemieux lets a pass go through his legs / Todd Marchant breakway goal against Dallas in the play-offs / Lemieux scoring on a scramble play with one minute left against Hasek in game 6 to send them to OT

Favourite Hit: M-A Bergeron's hip check on Morrow in the play-offs a year ago / Bertuzzi on Salvador

Favourite Fight: One of the Stock/Peat fights / Iginla vs Guerin

Favourite Game: Game 6 and 7 Pens vs Sabres 2001 / Gold Medal Olympic 2002 game / Oilers vs Stars game 7 in 1997

Favourite Playoff Series: Oilers vs Stars 1997 / Penguins vs Sabres 2001 / Red Wings vs Avalanche each time / Leafs vs Devils a few years ago / Isles vs Leafs a few years ago / Flames vs Detroit this year / Anaheim vs Detroit a year ago

Favourite Rivalry: Oilers vs Stars / Toronto vs Ottawa / Detroit vs Colorado / Montreal vs Boston

Favourite Announcer Call: "The Great One has just become the greatest of them all!" / "Mario Lemieux, the magic's back!"

Old
08-03-2004, 12:23 AM
Bill McNeal

Favorite Save: Jose Theodore behind the back save on Bill Guerin in the 2002 playoffs. Saved the series for us.

Favorite Goal: Hard to argue with the Afinogenov goal, but I'll choose Mario's famous goal against Minny.

Favorite Hit: I've only seen it on a video on the net, but it was a junior game. Prince George, possibly? Huge hit. People should know what I mean, it's a pretty famous hit.

Favorite Fight: I just like bench clearing brawls. Let them do this again!

Favorite Game: Any Habs Cup win, but I was at game 6 in 2002 against Boston, so that's always special for me.

Favorite Playoff Series: Montreal-Quebec

Favorite Rivalry: Montreal-Toronto for fan rivalry. Montreal-Boston for on-ice rivalry.

Favorite Announcer Call: Even though I'm not American, the "Do you believe in miracles?" call always sends a shiver down my spine. Also, Bob Cole's call when Montreal won in 93.

Old
08-03-2004, 12:28 AM
Epsilon
#TeamHolland

Favorite Save: Dominik Hasek on somebody, don't remember who, where he stacked his pads and then swung his legs in an arc through the air to go from one side of the crease to the other. Truly one of the most spectacular feats of athleticism I've ever seen in a hockey game.

Favorite Goal: Darren McCarty vs. Philadelphia in game 4 of the 1997 Stanley Cup finals. A brilliant goal to win the Stanley Cup.

Favorite Hit: Darius Kasparitis on Eric Lindros. A nuclear explosion on the ice. This hit was so hard I remember both guys flying apart and hitting the ground.

Favorite Fight: Mike Vernon vs. Patrick Roy, for obvious reasons. Watching Vernon beat the living hell out of Roy was one of my all-time favorite hockey moments.

Favorite Game: Philadelphia at Pittsburgh, game 4 in 2000. I remember when I started watching this game I was the only person in my house interested. Four hours later, and the room was packed.

Favorite Playoff Series: Detroit vs. Colorado in 2002. It didn't have the intensity and hatred of some of the previous series, but I felt that the actual hockey was the best.

Favorite Rivalry: Detroit vs. Colorado, pretty much a no-brainer.

Favorite Announcer Call: I really enjoyed Bob Cole and Harry Neale calling game 3 of the 2002 finals between Detroit and Carolina.

Old
08-03-2004, 12:49 AM
Rowsdower

Send a message via AIM to Rowsdower
Favorite Save:

Hmmm.....honestly don't know. Khabibulin made at least two saves in the last 2 games of the Cup finals that made my jaw drop. MA Fleury had some nice ones too in his debut.

Favorite Goal:

Pick a Mario Lemieux highlight reel goal.

Some other's:

That Koltsov goal vs Columbus in the preseason where he passed the puck down the ice, blew around two guys, caught up with the puck and roofed it on Brathwaite. Beautiful. Shame he couldn't score that much in the reg season.

Either Martin Straka breakaway goal in the '01 playoffs. First one eliminated Caps and the 2nd forced game 7 vs Buffalo. Shame he broke his leg the season after. He was such a dynamic player and has never been the same.

Favorite Hit:

There are so many big hits....hmmm....a few that come to mind is Kovy on Zhitnik in the '01 playoffs and Oprik on Holik and someone else at the same time.

Favorite Fight:

Tommy Salo vs Dan Cloutier

Favorite Game:

I'd have to go with the Pens' OT victory vs Buffalo in the '01 playoffs. Mario stuffs in a goal in the fading minutes, and Kaspar wins it in OT (though the shot was a bit anti-climatic).

Favorite Playoff Series:

Detroit vs Colorado. Pretty much anytime they face off.

Favorite Rivalry:

Pittsburgh vs NJ. They are division rivals, but as far as I know aren't too heated of rivals. This is moreso a creation of me being a Pens fan in Jersey and having quite a few Devs fans as friends.

Favorite Announcer Call:

Can't think of a favorite.

Old
08-03-2004, 01:00 AM
XcessiveForce

Favorite Save: Too many, I have no favorite.

Favorite Goal: Joe Sakic vs. Roman Turek. Penalty shot in the playoffs. Don't remember the year though.

Favorite Hit: Rob Blake on Brian Gionta. It was this year, all you see is Blake come across for a hip check and the next thing you know, Gionta seemingly disappears, lol.

Favorite Fight: Scott Parker vs. Kelly Buchberger. I hate Buchberger, so it was great watching the sheriff beat the hell out of him.

Favorite Game: Regular Season: Colorado vs. Montreal. It was in the 02-03 season. Don't remember the exact date though. It was goal after goal after goal.

Playoffs: Don't know.

Favorite Playoff Series: Colorado vs. San Jose 02. It was just so exciting watching Forsberg dominate after not seeing him all year.

Favorite Rivalry: Colorado vs. Detroit

Favorite Announcer Call:

Old
08-03-2004, 01:14 AM
Gibsons Finest
Beast

Favorite Save: Jean-Sebastien Giguere on Marian Gaborik.
That was probably the greatest save I've ever witnessed, and it probably put the Ducks into the STF.

Favorite Goal: Pavel Datsyuk on Marty Turco.
I practiced that goal all season in practice, and finally used it in the last game of the season. Simply awesome.

Favorite Hit: Petr Sykora on Denis Gauthier.
There's probably ones I like better that I can't think of right now, but this one was also very good. The usually soft Sykora really rocked the hard-hitting Gauthier, and IMO it lead to Gauthier's injury troubles.

Favorite Fight: Vincent Lecavalier and Jarome Iginla.
I loved this one mainly to see Lecavalier actually fight. I'd probably take Comrie vs. Kovalchuk over it most days, but today, I'll go with it.

Favorite Game: Anaheim vs. Detroit, Game 4, WQF.
Every time I watch the Rucchin goal, I get a funny feeling all over. Probably the single greatest moment in Ducks' history, and yes, that included the WCF win.

Favorite Playoff Series: Anaheim vs. Detroit 2003 WQF.
While they won the WCF, and beat Dallas as well, it was awesome to see them not only beat, but sweep the Red Wings, who swept them the previous two meetings. It also was funny considering most people picked a Wings' sweep and cup win.

Favorite Rivalry: Calgary-Edmonton.
I'm a part-Oiler fan, and I've begun to not like the Flames that much, even more than the Kings. This rivalry is also much more intense.

Favorite Announcer Call: Whichever game Buffalo was in at the time.
"MAY DAY!"
Rick Jeanerett earned every bit of my respect with that call. It was awesome. I forget the game, but never the call.

Old
08-03-2004, 10:14 AM
kira

Send a message via ICQ to kira Send a message via Yahoo to kira
Favorite save: Oh gosh, I've no idea...I've seen some real classics over the years.

Favorite goal: Got to be Pavel against Marty Turco...an absolute work of art...with Darren McCarty's goal in the '97 playoffs against Philly a close second, and Pavel's no-look over the shoulder against Roberto Luongo up there too.

Favorite hit: Good question...as I said, I've seen so many over the years it would be hard to name just one.

Favorite fight: It has to be McCarty vs. Lemieux...Clod got just what he deserved. Also kudos to Vernon/Roy, and I was happy to see Jiri Fischer get his just due against Scott Hartnell as well.

Favorite game: That wonderful 7-0 rout of Colorado in '02...I laughed my fool head off during that game...a close second has to be the three-overtime game against Carolina that lasted til the wee hours of the morning, when Igor Larionov proved that age is no barrier to desire.

Favorite Playoff Series: Hard to say on this one, but Detroit/Colorado '02 was a real nail biter.

Favorite rivalry: Being a Wings fan, you have to say Detroit/Colorado, but it isn't out of line to say Detroit/Nashville is going to get real interesting as time goes on.

Favorite announcer call: I really couldn't tell you just one...there's been so many over the years. You have to remember, I am old enough to remember Foster Hewitt, so take it from there.

Old
08-03-2004, 11:03 AM
Knucklez

Definetly my favourite save of all-time, he stacks the pads right on the goal line. Incredible

Favorite Goal: Markus Naslund on Patrick Lalime
During the 02-03 season, Naslund gets the puck, and virtually goes end-to-end. He powers through 2 Ottawa defencemen, flies down the left wing, and shoots the nicest wrist shot I've ever seen. From the left wing, he fires it over Lalime's right shoulder, and it hits the top of the post and goes in. I forgot to cheer, I just sat there with my mouth open.

Favorite Hit: It's close with this one. It's either Bertuzzi on Jackman or Stevens on Kariya.

Favorite Fight: I'm not really sure. Either May vs Montador or Brookbank vs Oliwa.

Favorite Game: 2002 Olympic Gold Medal game, easily the best game I've ever seen.

Favorite Playoff Series: Vancouver-Calgary (94 and 04), and Vancouver-St Louis

Every Canuck seems to have his best game against the Avs. The hatred has really flourished over this past season.

Favorite Announcer Call: "Here he comes, on a breakaway! Jooooooooe Saaaaakic.....SCORES!" - Bob Cole. Sakic scores to make it 5-2 Canada in the 3rd period, and seals the victory. Gretzky going nuts in the stands, Shanahan jumping on Sakic on the ice, everything about that moment kicked ass.

Old
08-03-2004, 11:34 AM
LaVal

Favorite Save: Kirk McLean on Robert Reichel. Often considered the best save of all time. it was a 3 on 1 with a pass to Reichel, with a gaping wide open net to shoot at. goes top corner but McLean somehow goes cross crease and kicks it out with his toe. yes, he kicked a top corner out with his toe. red light goes on because it was a sure goal.

Favorite Goal: Tie between Henrik's undressing of Havelid to score on Gigeure, and Daniel Sedin's toe drag in the Calgary series. these guys just have insane amounts of talent and i hope to see more of these goals that just come out of nowhere next season.

Favorite Hit: Linden on Norton against St Louis in '94. Puts Norton right through the glass and into the stands and in the crowd.

Favorite Fight: Jovanovski vs Deadmarsh where he knocks him out good. unfortunately it was the start of his concussion problems which have ultimately ended his career.

Favorite Game: The game vs Colorado from the above fight. it was the single most dominating performance from a defensemen i've ever seen. Nov 1st 2000 i believe it was. i believe he scored the game tying goal, and the game winner. it was that game that made Jovo my second favorite Canuck (behind Linden of course).

Favorite Playoff Series: Canucks vs New York Rangers, SCF in '94. had the biggest downer as a Canuck fan, but it was still a great series that was full of excitement.

Favorite Rivalry: Vancouver/St Louis. somebody always gets hurt when these guys play each other. pure hatred.

Favorite Announcer Call: Too many Tom Larscheid quotes that i love, i couldn't pick a favorite, but my favorite non-Canuck announcer call is Jeanerette's MAY-DAY call after Brad May scored the game winner in OT of a playoff series... can't remember which one.

Old
08-03-2004, 11:38 AM
bling

Send a message via MSN to bling
Quote:
Originally Posted by XcessiveForce
Favorite Game: Regular Season: Colorado vs. Montreal. It was in the 02-03 season. Don't remember the exact date though. It was goal after goal after goal:[/b]
I know the game you are talking about, it was Dec 6th 2002. Avs Vs. Montreal. It is one of my favorite regular season Avs games too. The score ended up 7 to 6 Avs in OT.

I always point to that game as the season's turn around. The Avs had been scuffling up until that game and it seemed to push the whole team to a higher level of effort.

I was on the glass lined up on the goal line and Patrick was having a tough night. The Canadiens were getting some amazing shots on him and he was just not on his game.

Most memorable for me was how the team rallied each time and found in themselves one more goal to tie and then finally to win. Radim Vrbata's spectacular goal in OT was fantastic to watch, he always had a beautiful smile but the smile after that goal was one for the ages. After the goal, the usually arrogant and alloof Patrick Roy skated all the way down ice to congratulate young Vrbata and join in the celebration.

Old
08-03-2004, 11:57 AM
XcessiveForce

Quote:
Originally Posted by bling
I know the game you are talking about, it was Dec 6th 2002. Avs Vs. Montreal. It is one of my favorite regular season Avs games too. The score ended up 7 to 6 Avs in OT.

I always point to that game as the season's turn around. The Avs had been scuffling up until that game and it seemed to push the whole team to a higher level of effort.

I was on the glass lined up on the goal line and Patrick was having a tough night. The Canadiens were getting some amazing shots on him and he was just not on his game.

Most memorable for me was how the team rallied each time and found in themselves one more goal to tie and then finally to win. Radim Vrbata's spectacular goal in OT was fantastic to watch, he always had a beautiful smile but the smile after that goal was one for the ages. After the goal, the usually arrogant and alloof Patrick Roy skated all the way down ice to congratulate young Vrbata and join in the celebration.
Yeah it was a great game. I remember that I was on my feet throughout the whole game. Loved the Vrbata goal.

Old
08-03-2004, 12:56 PM
Spitfire11

Favorite Goal: McCarty's cup winner in '97. Others are Bobby Orr, and Kamensky when he did the spin-o-rama in the air.

Favorite Hit: Konstantinov on Hawerchuk in 1997 SCF

Favorite Game: Game 7 2002 WCF when Detroit hammered the Avs 7-0.

Favorite Playoff Series: Canucks vs New York Rangers, SCF in '94. It was a great series that was full of excitement.

Favorite Rivalry: Detroit/Colorado

Favorite Announcer Call: Jeanerette's MAY-DAY call after Brad May scored the game winner in OT of a playoff series. Also like his Stuuuuu Baaaaaarnes.

Old
08-03-2004, 02:54 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
Game 7, 2nd overtime, Canucks rallied from 3-1 in the series against Calgary. 2-on-1 with Reichel and Fleury, McLean stacks the pads and saves Vancouver's ass.

Favorite Goal: Maxim Afinogenov on John Grahame.
Simply incredible. I can watch that a billion times over and still be amazed. If you watch Grahame during the goal replay, he has no clue as to what's going on.

Favorite Hit: Trevor Linden on Jeff Finley?
Linden drives him into the boards, through the glass into the stands.

Favorite Fight: Brad May vs. Steve Montador
Shades of the old May. Biggest pump-up fight I've ever seen.

Favorite Game: Vancouver 3-2 Calgary
Bure OT winner to clinch the series..

Favorite Playoff Series: Vancouver-St Louis 2002-03
Ups and downs, goalie domination, Bertuzzi going nuts..

Thank you very much Steve Moore

Favorite Announcer Call: Game 6 Rangers/Canucks
"..he'll play on crutches.."
Canucks fans know the one I'm talking about.
Good categories I will give it a try.

Favorite Save-Any of Mike Richters in the final game of the 96 World cup. Without him the US doesnt win that game.

Favorite Goal-Brett Hull's 500th vs the Kings. He actually scored it twice the 1st one was called back because Stephane Matteau's skate was in the crease. The 500th goal was completing a Hat Trick. Or Doug Wickenheiser's goal to defeat Calgary in game 6 of the conference finals and force a 7th game.

Favorite hit-Scott Stevens in his only year with the Blues hit Claude Lemieux so hard I thought he killed him. Wendel Clark on Bruce Bell, The Blues goalie was telling Bell that he had time and he didnt because Wendel had a bead on him he knocked bell out cold with a classic hit.

Favorite fight-Link Gaetz vs Bob Probert in the Cow Palace, an absolute war both combatants were bloodied after this go. The Blues-Wings line Brawl where Joseph and Cheveldae fought. It all started with Kelly Chase and Jim Cummins having a go and then all hell broke loose. Probert wanted to get at Chase and Bassen and Zombo tried to detain Probert and Cheveldae went in to try and get one of the guys off Probie so he could get at Chase and Joseph came out and gave Cheveldae a beating. The atmosphere at the Arena was just electric.

Favorite game-The 4th game of a 4 game sweep in the 2001 playoffs when the Blues swept Dallas. I was finally going to see a game in the 3rd round of the playoffs it was sweet while it lasted.

Favorite Playoff series-The 1990-91 Norris division Quarters vs Detroit. The Blues were heavily favored and got down in the series 3-1 and came back to win in 7 game 5 of this series was my favorite the Blues destroyed the wings and there were numerous fights the best being Darin Kimble vs Randy McKay. This game set a record at the time for combined PIM"S by both teams and my team won the game and the series.

Favorite Rivalry-When I used to watch those old "Battle Of Alberta" games between Calgary and edmonton it the Mid 80's to early 90's those games had it all two great teams that didnt like each other just battling. I didnt see a lot of those games but even in the few that I saw you could tell that the rivalries in Hockey didnt get any better than that.

Favorite announcer call-Any Dan Kelly goal call the guy was simply the best and I miss him.

Trevor Linden's hit was on Jeff Norton Not Jeff Finley. Great hit though.

Old
08-03-2004, 03:18 PM
tom_servo

Quote:
I'd have to go with the Pens' OT victory vs Buffalo in the '01 playoffs. Mario stuffs in a goal in the fading minutes, and Kaspar wins it in OT (though the shot was a bit anti-climatic).
You're confusing two games here.

Mario tied it late in Game 6, and Straka won it in OT.

Then in Game 7, Lang tied it about halfway through period 3, and Kasparaitis won it in OT.

Old
08-03-2004, 03:37 PM
BugsyMalone

Favorite Game: Philadelphia at Buffalo, Game 6 2001 ECQF.
Simply the greatest game I've ever been to. Sabres 8, Flyers 0. Awesome.

Unfortunately, I remember that one!

Closed Thread