HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Favorite of all time

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2004, 05:03 PM
Malefic74

vCash: 500
Favourite Save: '86. Patrick Roy out of position dives back towards the net and bats a puck labelled for the top corner away with his stick. Chelios then bats the puck into the stands like a baseball player. Leaves me shaking my head everytime.

Favourite Goal: Wayne Gretzky's slapshot over Mike Vernon's shoulder in '85. Vernon had the perfect angle, Gretz has nothing to shoot at and he blows it over Mike's shoulder and under the crossbar from 30' out. Sick.

Favourite Hit: Larry Robinson uses Garry Dornhoefer to dent the freakin' boards at the old Montreal Forum.

Favourite Fight: Bob Probert versus Troy Crowder II. Probie had underestimated Crowder in Jersey, but in Detroit the fight was hyped for days and became more important than the game. And the scrap lived up to the billing.

Favourite Game: New Year's eve Habs versus Russians was great hockey, but my favorite was the 4 overtime game between the Caps and the Islanders. End to end for 7 periods, simply the most exhausting game to watch ever. And I couldn't care less about either team! Just a great, great game.

Favourite Playoff Series: Despite being a Habs fan and the great, great series the boys have treated me to I have to go with Edmonton/Philadelphia Cup Final in 87. Just a great series.

Favourite Rivalry: Habs/Bruins. No other rivalry comes close to this.

Favourite Announcer Call: Rod Phillips on the first Oilers Cup win. My dad loathed the TV commentary so we listened to the radio while we watched.

Old
08-04-2004, 05:32 PM
regdunlap7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmad
Favorite Save: Osgood's diving stop against Colorado

Favorite Game:The first Leafs-Isles the year after the playoff game where Tucker hurt Peca

Favorite Playoff Series: Any Boston-Montreal
Favorite Rivalry: Boston-Montreal
Favorite Announcer Call: It looked like all the players were frozen...(Brad Park's slapper beats the Sabres).

Old
08-04-2004, 05:49 PM
benji
Took too much, man.

Send a message via MSN to benji
[Favorite Save: José Théodore on Bill Guerin for sure. No more important in recent Habs playoff history either. Also, Theo vs. Carolina when he reached behind his back, that was crazy.

Favorite Goal: For highlight reel, it was Bure in 97 pre.season vs. Boston I believe, when he kicked it off his skate, that was incredible. Also a few of my favorites, Ribeiro vs. Toronto this year. Zednik vs. Boston this year in game 7 and in 2002 versus Boston in the playoffs, Koivu's first goal since coming back from cancer, in the 3rd period of game 3 i believe, to make it 4-3 Montreal, after a 3-1 3rd period defecit.

Favorite Hit: Francis Bouillon on Erik Cole in 2002, and Konstantinov on Hawerchuk. To bad it put an end to a glorious career.

Favorite Fight: Craig Rivet vs. Marchment
This year, one of my favorites that I can remember. They were awesome.

Favorite Game: Montreal vs. Boston, game 3 in round 1 of 2002 playoffs.

Favorite Playoff Series: Montreal/Boston in 2002.
110 percent emotion.

Favorite Rivalry: hehe what do you think Boston-Montreal.

Favorite Announcer Call: After the Habs win the 93 Cup.
"and now, a 24th banner will hang, from the rafters of the famous Forum, in Montreal! The Canadiens win the Stanley Cup!"

Old
08-04-2004, 10:10 PM
islandnucker

Send a message via ICQ to islandnucker
After reading these all I can think of is Rock Em Sock Em 2 (Allen Bester sees more rubber then a dead skunk on the Trans Canada Highway)

Favorite Goal
Glenn Anderson going end to end against the Kings, went through five players and crashed into the goalie!

Favorite Save
My personal favorite is Mclean against Reichel, but the Hasek twirly whirl was awesome

Favorite Fight
Back to Rock Em Sock Em, I'm pretty sure one of the guys was Basil McRae but I don't know the other one. They were just throwing solid rights at a machine gun pace.

Favorite Hit
Again don't know, but I think it was against Mike Donnelly as a King, he got hip-checked and just went for huge bum over tea kettle, but he got some retribution. As he was flying through the air his stick hit the guy in the head that hit him.

Old
08-05-2004, 12:01 AM
Spetzky

Send a message via MSN to Spetzky
Favorite Save: Roy running from misshandling the puck and diving in to catch some guy's shot.

Favorite Goal: Probably when Spezza deke'd Liddy and Yzerman out awhile ago or Svatos 2OT Goal this Spring.

Hit: Stevens on Cole in the playoffs in... 2002(?)

Fight: Bench-clearing Philly and Montreal before the puck dropped in the 197x playoffs

Game: Ottawa crushes the Leafs by a huge margin (2004, forgot when)

Series: Avs vs. St.L 2001 Avs toasted the Blues

Rivalry: Det. vs Col or Ott vs. Sens

Call: Pittsburgh guy keeps calling Andy Chiodo the "Chiodo Dragon" (Muted the game, but laughed my a$s off)

Old
08-05-2004, 12:36 PM
c-carp

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandnucker
After reading these all I can think of is Rock Em Sock Em 2 (Allen Bester sees more rubber then a dead skunk on the Trans Canada Highway)

Favorite Goal
Glenn Anderson going end to end against the Kings, went through five players and crashed into the goalie!

Favorite Save
My personal favorite is Mclean against Reichel, but the Hasek twirly whirl was awesome

Favorite Fight
Back to Rock Em Sock Em, I'm pretty sure one of the guys was Basil McRae but I don't know the other one. They were just throwing solid rights at a machine gun pace.

Favorite Hit
Again don't know, but I think it was against Mike Donnelly as a King, he got hip-checked and just went for huge bum over tea kettle, but he got some retribution. As he was flying through the air his stick hit the guy in the head that hit him.
Basil had a lot of memorable scraps, the one that you are talking about could be the one that he had right by the benches in Maple Leaf Gardens vs the late John Kordic.

Closed Thread