HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Jack Campbell

Old
07-19-2011, 01:01 AM
Slatsmsg

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLjunior View Post
Ya but that trade drove up the value of Campbell.
That trade showed how inept the Av's GM is

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:44 AM
cyris
Global Moderator
On a Soma Holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zih View Post
Using the Colorado Avalanche to establish trade value is like using the New York Rangers to establish how much players should be paid.
This is hf where logic doesn't really exist.

How many times have you seen people bash the Kessel deal on here. Yet at the same time how many time have you seen people use that deal to say there young player would be able to return more.

cyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 08:39 AM
Luck 6
\\_______

The value of goalies is rising again. Having 2 of the 3 Vezna candidates in the SCF helps that, especially when they get 2 shutouts each. Some teams who previously went with a tandem of lesser goalies are investing in legit starters, I assume that curve will continue. To people saying goalie prospects don't fetch much, then why did Varlamov get so much back? Typically, goalie prospects who are ready to become starters have significant value. There's always a bit of a risk involved, but there's a risk with any trade in terms of how it will work out, especially when dealing with younger players.

Since Campbell isn't ready to start, his value is at an all time low. I doubt anyone trades for Campbell just to have him in their system. I'd consider moving Schneider for Campbell, this would give Dallas a starter now. Campbell should be ready to contribute in 5 years or so, and by then, who knows how good Luongo will be.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 10:08 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyGuruPitka View Post
A late first iin the 2011 draft. Was bad in windsor and in thhe wjc ths last year. Not progressing, reggressiingg. This does not mean he's not going to rebound, jjust one of those typical more valuable to hs current team then any other.
That's just not true. You need to look at more than just stats and you should actually watch the tournaments.

You don't get on this list by being bad.

Quote:
BEST PLAYERS OF EACH TEAM SELECTED BY COACHES...

As of WED 5 JAN 2011...

USA 1 CAMPBELL Jack
http://stats.iihf.com/Hydra/236/IHM236000_85J_1_0.pdf

http://www.iihf.com/channels1011/wm20/statistics.html

Pro stats and Jr Stats aren't the same, the kid backstopped USA to a bronze medal at the age of 18, 17 to a gold medal. Lets see what he does at 19. How many goalies have been to the WJC 3 times in a row and won 3 medals? Certainly not many American goalies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReginKarlssonLehner View Post
Too bad you have to settle for Lundqvist for more seasons to come.
I know, bummer. But seriously, if you let JC play out his jr career, then let him play backup to Henke for 1 year. Then Henke's contract would be up and he'd still be on his ELC for 2 more years. Henke would be 32, Campbell would be 21 and probably ready to take the starting job. If Henke was showing wear or we had trouble resigning him, we've got Campbell. If we can resign Henke, Campbell stays as the backup on his ELC. Eventually someone is traded. Either way, you've got 2 solid starters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
The value of goalies is rising again. Having 2 of the 3 Vezna candidates in the SCF helps that, especially when they get 2 shutouts each. Some teams who previously went with a tandem of lesser goalies are investing in legit starters, I assume that curve will continue. To people saying goalie prospects don't fetch much, then why did Varlamov get so much back? Typically, goalie prospects who are ready to become starters have significant value. There's always a bit of a risk involved, but there's a risk with any trade in terms of how it will work out, especially when dealing with younger players.

Since Campbell isn't ready to start, his value is at an all time low. I doubt anyone trades for Campbell just to have him in their system. I'd consider moving Schneider for Campbell, this would give Dallas a starter now. Campbell should be ready to contribute in 5 years or so, and by then, who knows how good Luongo will be.
I agree, you can look at Philly and how much they've changed their team so they can sign a real goalie, where after so many years they haven't had one. Even Washington with as good as Neuverith was, they added Vokoun, though some would say at that price it was a no brainer and Vokoun wants a shot at winning. Boston and Vancouver, showed once again that goaltending is key to winning. Colorado who hasn't had a Russian on in their Franchise since the lockout paid a hefty price for one to be their backstop. There's no doubt, after a short stint, goalies are important again.

I believe Campbell will reach the league much sooner than 5 years though. I believe his talent is on par with Price and Fluery and had a team needed a goalie that high, he could have been drafted as high as they were. I believe we'll see him in the NHL in 3 years once he hits his 20s. Goalies shouldn't be teenagers and playing in the NHL, but 21, I can see Campbell being physically mature enough and good enough to do it.

Last edited by vipernsx: 07-19-2011 at 10:23 AM.
vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote