HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official Sens 2012 Draft Watch

Closed Thread

Old
10-10-2011, 01:10 PM
NHL Dude 120

vCash: 135
I never really thought of Ryan Murray because im somewhat focused on our forwards but hes really a top prospect. My only question is how would he fit on ottawa's blue line( i am not a scout but a fan who is learning).

My hypothetical Blue Line (assume Murray makes the team)

Karlssonn- Gonchar
Cowen- Phillips
Lee- Murrary

please critique my line up , tell me what you think and make any necessary changes to the line up.

Last edited by NHL Dude 120: 10-10-2011 at 01:39 PM.
Old
10-10-2011, 01:38 PM
NHL Dude 120

Top forawrds

If Ottawa drafts Grigorenko or Galchenyuk heck even Yakupov would make it a little tricky. it would be very interesting to see how they would affect our top 6 projections

(this is all speculative)

Filatov(assume he is resigned)- Spezza- Buttler
Michaleck-Zibanejad- Grigorenko or Galchenyuk

If Yakupov is drafted:

Filatov- Spezza- Buttler
Yakupov- Zibby- Michaleck

It seems as though This may be Alfredson's final season, and while i hope it isnt true it may hold the key in determining Where the prospect fits.

Frankly i cant think of a way that either of them could play on the top six this season. it seems like they'll be playing on the third line (not a bad thing) . And so i ask fellow Sens fans how would you incorporate Galchenyuk or Grigorenko or Yakupov on your teams

Old
10-10-2011, 01:59 PM
JonnyMacSen
2nd round Chlapik!

vCash: 500
Love Ceci's game, but one thing people should factor in IF we were to pick another dman with our 1st (I'd probably still prefer a elite forward) is what side he plays and the Sens are pretty deep on the right side, and thats also Ceci's side. I know there's exceptions and its not the the definitive deciding factor but if I'm picking a dman in the first with the depth we have I would want some-one who preferably plays the left side.

Right now we have Karlsson and Rundblad in our future top 4 on the right side, along with other RD like Lee, Gryba and Fransoo

On the Left we only have Cowen, with potential for players like Weircoch, Borowiecki, Blood and Claesson to take the other top 4

A player like Murray would fit our future top 4 perfectly IMO, especially since he's great in both zones.

Potential Future D

Cowen Karlsson
Murray Rundblad
Weircoch Lee
Boro

Another LD I like so far is Olli Määttä in London, pretty solid in both ends, and a potential top 10 pick.

Old
10-10-2011, 02:17 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateDerekPlante View Post
His development curve has been pretty awesome so far. He's been in the OHL since he was 15/16 and he hasn't looked out of place since he's been in the O. He's already 6'2 205 at 17 and like I said, he's a very gifted skater. He was the early leader in OHL D scoring, im not sure about anymore I haven't checked in a few days but the question mark going into this season was will his offence develop enough to catch up with his defensive play and so far, it's been even more impressive then I thought it was going to be. He QB's the first PP unit and does a good job of getting his shot though and also he uses the end boards nicely to bank passes.

If his progression doesn't stall I could defenetly see him as a first pairing NHL defenceman like Seabrook in Chicago. A player who always makes the right choice, knows when to rush the puck, knows then to dump the puck, knows when to hang back because of a potential rush against. His hockey sense is maybe his best quality.
I think my main question mark is would he be able to make the decisions on the offensive zone fast enough to be truely offensively capable in the NHL. Like Ceci and I think he's deserving of moving upward in the draft...but top 10 at this point is a stretch for me I think. Only October though.

Old
10-10-2011, 02:29 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Dude 120 View Post
I never really thought of Ryan Murray because im somewhat focused on our forwards but hes really a top prospect. My only question is how would he fit on ottawa's blue line( i am not a scout but a fan who is learning).

My hypothetical Blue Line (assume Murray makes the team)

Karlssonn- Gonchar
Cowen- Phillips
Lee- Murrary

please critique my line up , tell me what you think and make any necessary changes to the line up.
Murray - Rundblad
Cowen - Karlsson
Gonchar - Boroweicki (or ????)

Quote:
If Ottawa drafts Grigorenko or Galchenyuk heck even Yakupov would make it a little tricky. it would be very interesting to see how they would affect our top 6 projections

(this is all speculative)

Filatov(assume he is resigned)- Spezza- Buttler
Michaleck-Zibanejad- Grigorenko or Galchenyuk

If Yakupov is drafted:

Filatov- Spezza- Buttler
Yakupov- Zibby- Michaleck

It seems as though This may be Alfredson's final season, and while i hope it isnt true it may hold the key in determining Where the prospect fits.

Frankly i cant think of a way that either of them could play on the top six this season. it seems like they'll be playing on the third line (not a bad thing) . And so i ask fellow Sens fans how would you incorporate Galchenyuk or Grigorenko or Yakupov on your teams
If we ended up with a center, it would probably mean:
-the draftee, Zibanejad, or Da Costa play wing (Grigo will be a center IMO no matter what)
-we play with 4 offensively competent centers until it costs too much
-the eventual trade of Spezza

Yakupov slots into 1st or 2nd RW as soon as he were to get here. Butler is goes to line 3 at best with other RWs coming in. I don't think he lasts long term.

Old
10-10-2011, 02:36 PM
Asquaredx2

If we end up drafting Yakupov there is no way he's not immediately lining up next to Spezza.

An explosive, sniping, left-handed RWer paired with a big, play-making right-handed centre.

Honestly, even if he stepped onto our roster today (hypothetically) he'd get slotted there. He's only about three months younger than Strome.

Old
10-10-2011, 03:24 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy The Sens Fan View Post
Based on how atrocious our defense has been over the first two games, I wouldn't be opposed at all to drafting a defenseman in Murray, Dumba, etc with our first pick.

Cowen-Karlsson
Murray/Dumba-Rundblad

as our future Top 4 looks awesome.
1. It's been only 2 games.

2. Rundblad is not even playing

3. They are all too young no to expect they won't get much better come their prime

4. Sens still need another franchise type forward to go with Zbad, preferably on wing.

Old
10-10-2011, 03:26 PM
4thliner*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asquaredx2 View Post
If we end up drafting Yakupov there is no way he's not immediately lining up next to Spezza.

An explosive, sniping, left-handed RWer paired with a big, play-making right-handed centre.

Honestly, even if he stepped onto our roster today (hypothetically) he'd get slotted there. He's only about three months younger than Strome.
Nail would have been good enough to play in the NHL to some capacity even LAST year

Old
10-10-2011, 03:32 PM
4thliner*

Murray was so good and so dominant as a 16 year old he is gonna experience Larsson syndrome. He is not off to a great start offensively so far. He was not a flashy dman to begin with like Dumba with big open ice hits or taking the puck end to end.

Look for Dumba to get over-hyped big-time if he puts up pts similar to what Murray did LAST year. Neither are off to great starts so far.

Old
10-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minister of Offence View Post
I think my main question mark is would he be able to make the decisions on the offensive zone fast enough to be truely offensively capable in the NHL. Like Ceci and I think he's deserving of moving upward in the draft...but top 10 at this point is a stretch for me I think. Only October though.
All valid points. I just see Ceci on the path to become a special player, the kind of defenceman teams build around and win with.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:36 PM
4thliner*

5 goals 13 pts in 6 games without Alex Galchenyuk

I think Nail is hands down best looking prospect since Sid the kid.

Mikhail Grigorenko is also another prodigious talent who would in just about any other year go 1st overall easy but in this draft there also that man child playing over in the SEL called Filip Forsberg b4 you even get to Dumba or Murray and Galchenyuk.

A team picking 2nd this June will probably walk off the podium laughing just as Pitts did in 04 thinking they got another 1st overall pick.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:41 PM
NHL Dude 120

frankly the only way we could get both ceci and murrary is if we get another first round pick, or if ceci projects being a second round pick(unlikely). furthermore where does ceci
project to be.

Old
10-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Ceci will be a top 15 pick in my opinion...

Yakupov, after what I've seen, is amazing...

Old
10-10-2011, 08:10 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

I would honestly be shocked if Ceci wasn't in the top 10 talk by the end of the season. I hate to sound like a 67s homer but every time I watch him play I come away very impressed, and I was one of his biggest fans last year. He's just upped the tempo a lot this season.

Old
10-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by IhateDerekPlante View Post
I would honestly be shocked if Ceci wasn't in the top 10 talk by the end of the season. I hate to sound like a 67s homer but every time I watch him play I come away very impressed, and I was one of his biggest fans last year. He's just upped the tempo a lot this season.
Well I can speak from an unbiased view...sort of.

I was honestly not a huge Ceci fan last year, topped off with his abysmal play in Game 4 of the Quarter Finals.

However, this year he looks like a monster. He's completely changed my views of him. Top 10 isn't out of reach, for sure.

Old
10-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manked View Post
Well I can speak from an unbiased view...sort of.

I was honestly not a huge Ceci fan last year, topped off with his abysmal play in Game 4 of the Quarter Finals.

However, this year he looks like a monster. He's completely changed my views of him. Top 10 isn't out of reach, for sure.
He was also 16/17 last year. When watching him I always took the inexperience into consideration and just mainly looked for potential, thats the main reason I loved him last year, I just saw what this kid could become.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:55 PM
NHL Dude 120

Is it possible that Ottawa could get another draft pick between 9 and 20 and we could draft say Yakupov and Ceci or Maata.

Old
10-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Minister of Offence

Quote:
Is it possible that Ottawa could get another draft pick between 9 and 20 and we could draft say Yakupov and Ceci or Maata.
I'm sure its possible....but not all that likely.

Old
10-12-2011, 03:00 PM
NHL Dude 120

Does anyone knows about Olli Määttä of the London Knights, im a novice for a defensemen so his stats are Gp:7 G:0 A:2 PTS: 2 PIM: 7

Where does he project as with regards to the draft. its possible that he could go between 9-15?

Old
10-12-2011, 03:01 PM
Pilgore88

Draft whichever forward we deem to be the best at the spot we stand, and use whichever pick we either next have/attain to grab a top ranked goaltender. That is my ideal/attainable hope for our draft.

Old
10-12-2011, 03:04 PM
danishh

vCash: 50
our tradable assets this year are significantly worse than last year. This year we have kuba, carkner, gonchar, lee, regin, winchester, konopka.

none of them will return the first fisher got or the 2nd kelly got.

Old
10-12-2011, 03:08 PM
backdoorpass

just a question, i dont know next draft year to much but would it be worth trading say kuba and our 1st next for a 1st 14-20? this

Old
10-12-2011, 03:12 PM
Karlssonlee

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoorpass View Post
just a question, i dont know next draft year to much but would it be worth trading say kuba and our 1st next for a 1st 14-20? this
IMO it's very risky. Our pick next year could be a top 10 pick.

But the depth in this draft is tremendous. I would do it because you could still realistically get a shot at an impact type player.

Good idea

I endorse it! I would love to get another pick in this draft.

Old
10-12-2011, 03:15 PM
Pilgore88

Quote:
Originally Posted by backdoorpass View Post
While getting another first this year would be huge with the players in the draft, and opening a spot on d for Rundblad with the movement of Kuba, I don't think it would be wise to do this. In reality, we are trading what more then likely will be a top 10 pick in 2013 and Kuba, for a 1st rounder at least 5 spots lower the year before.

Like I said, while getting another first and dumping Kuba would be huge, I wouldn't do it at the expense of our first round pick next year.

Old
10-12-2011, 03:35 PM
backdoorpass

for sure i understand you might be dropping picks but 15 might be better then 10 next year (i dont know, just asking) plus then you get a guy where his development is jump started by a year essentially

Closed Thread