Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jets re-sign Wheeler

Old
07-19-2011, 02:46 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

vCash: 500
I apologize for my fellow Bruins fan's decision to come here and troll. Wheeler was a bit of a punching bag in Boston but we really shouldn't be trying to poison the environment for Wheeler in other markets he goes to. That's just unChristian..

Reason for the hate is fairly obvious when you consider the nature of the fanbase. Boston fans look at a guy who's 6'5" and big bodied, and isn't Milan Lucic, and he Officially Sucks from that point on with no chance of redemption. Basically meant that every time he went offsides, he ALWAYS IS FOREVER GOING ETERNALLY OFFSIDES AAAAAHHHHH #WORLDIZENDIN!!!! and so on. Every little mistake magnified ad infinitum because he was a big guy who was very loudly not putting people through walls, and that was the real problem.

Scapegoating is one of the things I hate most about Bruins fans. Once the pattern is established it's impossible to end it. Same thing happened to Dennis Wideman, Hal Gill and a few other guys here. I've never known a fanbase that makes up its mind on a player as quickly as Boston, and sticks to that impression in defiance of facts as much as Boston. Just so you know where Morris's post came from. Boston trolls are going to hate on the kid more than he deserves.

A team that focuses on the skillgame and doesn't pigeonhole big forwards into 2 categories, "Bruiser" or "Sucks," and isn't in a rush to judge a player that spent literally no time in the A, should be happy with Wheeler.

Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 03:32 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post
I apologize for my fellow Bruins fan's decision to come here and troll. Wheeler was a bit of a punching bag in Boston but we really shouldn't be trying to poison the environment for Wheeler in other markets he goes to. That's just unChristian..

Reason for the hate is fairly obvious when you consider the nature of the fanbase. Boston fans look at a guy who's 6'5" and big bodied, and isn't Milan Lucic, and he Officially Sucks from that point on with no chance of redemption. Basically meant that every time he went offsides, he ALWAYS IS FOREVER GOING ETERNALLY OFFSIDES AAAAAHHHHH #WORLDIZENDIN!!!! and so on. Every little mistake magnified ad infinitum because he was a big guy who was very loudly not putting people through walls, and that was the real problem.

Scapegoating is one of the things I hate most about Bruins fans. Once the pattern is established it's impossible to end it. Same thing happened to Dennis Wideman, Hal Gill and a few other guys here. I've never known a fanbase that makes up its mind on a player as quickly as Boston, and sticks to that impression in defiance of facts as much as Boston. Just so you know where Morris's post came from. Boston trolls are going to hate on the kid more than he deserves.

A team that focuses on the skillgame and doesn't pigeonhole big forwards into 2 categories, "Bruiser" or "Sucks," and isn't in a rush to judge a player that spent literally no time in the A, should be happy with Wheeler.
Nice post. I can see I'll like you as a poster. You have a way with words and seem to be realistic in your thoughts, and honest. Love it!

PensFan6687 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 03:39 PM
Dojji*
Fight the Hate

Thanks.

Apropos of nothing, boy was Nathan Horton lucky that one of the first things he was noted for in Boston was throwing down with Evander Kane. If he hadn't been that guy he'd have been on a one-way ticket to Wheelerville himself. They STILL nearly turned on him when he was slumping for a month.

Sometimes being from the city of champions absolutely sucks. No patience or determination to wait problems out. Moves Must Be Made Immediately at all times. There's something to be said for having a team that has to go through things to get where it wants to go. Boston doesn't want a winner it wants an INSTANT winner. And the fact that it's gotten a few of them recently has led to unrealistic expectations.

That really helped water down the CUp win for me this year. Fans spent years running talent out of town like Wideman, Gill, Thornton, and Wheeler, and had spent an offseason urinating all over TT as well, and made a game try on Claude Julien. And then they celebrate when Boston won like they weren't part of the problem. It just gave the jubliation of the Cup celebration an aftertaste of garden variety sports fan hypocrisy. Didn't ruin it for me, but it didn't help either.

The boys deserved the Cup as much or more than any current Cup winner because of the way they won. The fans need to learn a lesson or two on the subject of How Not To Be Entitled Little Pukes before they deserved to watch a Cup winner..

Last edited by Dojji*: 07-19-2011 at 03:46 PM.
Dojji* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 03:44 PM
bigplay41
BIG MEECH

Send a message via AIM to bigplay41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dojji View Post

well put! haha

bigplay41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 05:43 PM
ThrasherMinion
Just Chucky

nice to see the ball rolling once again.

ThrasherMinion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThrasherMinion View Post
nice to see the ball rolling once again.
Don't you mean its nice to see "the puck [go] down the ice"?

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 05:55 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 700
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
Don't you mean its nice to see "the puck [go] down the ice"?
Doesn't seem to flow as well when you say it.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:28 PM
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed

Duke49, what happened to you Jets profile pic? Have you decided to leave us already?

Puckschmuck* is offline   Reply With Quote