HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

March 4th, 8th, 10th: Isles vs Devils series *The Metro Cup*

Old
03-05-2012, 03:37 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin27NYI View Post
Which annoys me because we're one of those teams. They are literally afraid of going over .500.

The Isles can beat the Devils. They can beat the Rangers. Tavares is back to bringing it and Nabby is a terrific goalie. Hamonic is back and guys like Bailey and Okposo are getting on the scoresheet and Cizikas and Ullstrom are bringing youthful energy and solid play to the team. I want them to make this interesting.
I don't think it is a matter of beating individual teams. It is what they do over the course of 10 - 20 games. If they nipped their slump earlier than usual, if the other top end teams all take them for granted, if we see everyone's backup goaltender, if no one on our defense goes down with an injury, if Nabster and Nilsson both keep having monster games, if Kyle & Bailey keep emerging, If Tavares gets his touch back, if Cappy doesn't keep going to the Rolston well, if, if , if...

I hope they prove my thoughts wrong finishing out .700 because that would be insane no matter how much the other teams play like crap to allow for it to happen. It would have to be some kind of come from behind record.

Last edited by A Pointed Stick: 03-05-2012 at 05:18 PM.
A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Kevin27nyi
Global Moderator
#21KO

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post
I don't think it is a matter of beating individual teams. It is what they do over the course of 10 - 20 games. If they nipped their slump earlier than usual, if the other top end teams all take them for granted, if we see everyone's backup goaltender, if no one on our defense goes down with an injury, if Nabster and Nilsson both keep having monster games, if Kyle & Bailey keep emerging, If Tavares gets his touch back, [s]if Cappy doesn't keep going to the Rolston well[/], if, if , if...

I hope they prove my thoughts wrong finishing out .700 because that would be insane no matter how much the other teams play like crap to allow for it to happen. It would have to be some kind of come from behind record.
They should be taking it by a game by game basis because realizing that they need to go 12-3-1 or whatever to reach 90 points is too much pressure for them. They won two in a row, they need to be able to go on a winning streak. They have to.

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 04:36 PM
19 in a row

Quote:
They should be taking it by a game by game basis because realizing that they need to go 12-3-1 or whatever to reach 90 points is too much pressure for them. They won two in a row, they need to be able to go on a winning streak. They have to.
I know it would be incredibly low but right now both Winnipeg and Washington in the 8th and 9th spot are on pace for 87 pts... It is possible that one gets hot but if not maybe 11-4-1, getting us to 88 pts, could have an outside shot.. I am just hoping for some interesting hockey down the stretch. If they string some more wins together then i will start to get excited about it, but not going there just yet.
We have not had a long winning streak all year, are we due? If they lose thursday we will all be back in the no way crowd.

19 in a row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 04:51 PM
MTK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garth Wang Clan View Post
I've been there a few times
Nice arena, bad area, not a lot of fans
Even when they were in the playoff hunt there were not many fans
NJD has a good amount of fans.

Except for last year since they didn't make the PO, I go to their playoff games.

Also from the first season they played at the rock till now. They opened up more bars. Its a good time in Newark.

The arena, lower bowls are great, the upper sections are too steep and it doesn't sound that loud, I think it doesn't sound loud since the way it was constructed.

MTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 05:20 PM
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!

Quote:
I would love nothing more than for them to do that. I would love that 1,000,000,000,000 more times than being right about their assumed decline. It is just that the schedule is...

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-05-2012, 05:33 PM
JTforPres2012

I'm convinced that Cap should ban the Isles from looking at the standings, because everytime a meaningful game comes up, our hopes go straight down the drain.

JTforPres2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-06-2012, 11:53 AM
Bones45

If this schedule snafu resulted in two teams which people actually cared about, it would be all over NHL.com and get a cool nickname.

However.....

It's between the Isles who haven't been relevant in almost 20 years and the Devils, who nobody cares about.

It will barely be mentioned outside of passionate hockey people.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote