HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Sergei Kostitsyn on the Habs - Russian

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2011, 09:47 AM
  #151
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
NO we won't.

Max Pac will exceed Lats in overall performance and close for the # of goals. Only a Lats fanboy would chose Lats over Pac.

As for the rest... the RDS clip I'm talking about is an interview with LATS HIMSELF. As for SK, it's been widely reported throughout Montreal. It's not one or two isolated cases.
Wait a minute, what does Max Pac have to do with Lats, why couldn't they both be here scoring 20+ goals?

Lats is the type of player we shouldn't be giving away just because he has a few character flaws. WE completely over paid for a player with a similar skillset who is on the downside of his career. Poor asset management for sure.

habsjunkie2* is offline  
Old
07-20-2011, 09:49 AM
  #152
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Nobody has enough depth to lose their best players and not suffer, just look at pIttsburgh, they were not the same team with Crosby and Malkin out.
[Off-Topic]
Gretzky is the greatest ever... He stands apart from Kariya, Lindros, Lemieux, Crosby and Malkin due to fewer injuries.

I hope I get to see one of his records broken one day. If Bettman goes for expansion and Crosby plays a full season with better linemates I might get to do so.

DAChampion is online now  
Old
07-20-2011, 09:50 AM
  #153
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozymandias View Post
You said "we will miss that"

No we won't. We have Pac. We have Cole.

Argument refuted. Move on.



Oh it is clear to anyone with an eye for talent. Pac has way more tools than Lats. Do a poll to see which player people would want. I'm pretty sure most would chose Pac (although there's merry clique here who'll just select otherwise just to spite me if they read this post).




Ever heard of cognitive dissonance?

You made that conclusion all by yourself. I only said, "only a Lats fanboy would chose Lats over Pac". You made-up the rest yourself. I didn't actually know if you'd pick him over Pac... Guess I was aiming right.



What age are you?



HE said "We will miss that" (30 goal powerforward)

Will we? The obvious answer is no. Anything else you say is inconsequential to that argument or my counter-argument.




Go look at the clip will ya... Just to see Lats look on his face when he talks of his past lack of commitment to training is worth a 1000 words.... and that was just 1-2 months before coming out of shape into Wild camp for the 10-11 season...
Not to knock Pacioretty, but he doesn't have the strength down low nor as good hands as Latendresse does. He is a better skater and forechecker, but I don't think he has the 30-35 goal potential that Lats does. He will be more of a guy that compliments the skill guys on his line but not be the go to(finisher) guy.

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
07-20-2011, 09:54 AM
  #154
Monctonscout
Monctonscout
 
Monctonscout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 31,154
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
[Off-Topic]
Gretzky is the greatest ever... He stands apart from Kariya, Lindros, Lemieux, Crosby and Malkin due to fewer injuries.

I hope I get to see one of his records broken one day. If Bettman goes for expansion and Crosby plays a full season with better linemates I might get to do so.
What Gretzky record could Crosby break?

Monctonscout is online now  
Old
07-20-2011, 09:55 AM
  #155
DAChampion
Registered User
 
DAChampion's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Canberra, Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,025
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
What Gretzky record could Crosby break?
Maybe if Bettman goes for expansion, but right now, none.

DAChampion is online now  
Old
07-20-2011, 09:57 AM
  #156
habsjunkie2*
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,865
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAChampion View Post
[Off-Topic]
Gretzky is the greatest ever... He stands apart from Kariya, Lindros, Lemieux, Crosby and Malkin due to fewer injuries.

I hope I get to see one of his records broken one day. If Bettman goes for expansion and Crosby plays a full season with better linemates I might get to do so.
Crosby isn't in the same stratosphere. He can barely beat out the sedins and Ovy on a regular basis. Gretzky was beating some of the best talent ever, future hall of famers by 70%. There isn't a rule change that would change that in his favor.

habsjunkie2* is offline  
Old
07-20-2011, 09:58 AM
  #157
Ozymandias
#firetherrien
 
Ozymandias's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Hockey Mecca
Country: Canada
Posts: 13,438
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habsjunkie2 View Post
Wait a minute, what does Max Pac have to do with Lats, why couldn't they both be here scoring 20+ goals?

Lats is the type of player we shouldn't be giving away just because he has a few character flaws. WE completely over paid for a player with a similar skillset who is on the downside of his career. Poor asset management for sure.
Well, for one, if youj actually read the post I responded to, he said "WE WILL MISS THAT".

That's what Pac has to do with Lats. The rest of what you're saying is another argument entirely, to which I wasn't arguing whatsoever, and for which I don't care about arguing as we've been over that.

The argument started over why he was gone. You're arguing over something else entirely, i don't know why... just to vent off. Because what? You hadn't realized that Lats has a huge effort problem which is directly related to his lack of foot speed, and consequently defensive shortcomings?

Lats won't be a player we need until he gets 'it'.

Last summer, he said he finally got 'it'. Soon after, he came into camp out of shape. It seemed, he still didn't get 'it'.

Ozymandias is offline  
Old
07-20-2011, 09:58 AM
  #158
overlords
Hfboards
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Trolling Brian Wilde
Posts: 26,411
vCash: 500
This has gone way too off topic. If you guys want to continue discussing sergei, do it in the ex-habs thread.

overlords is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:17 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.