HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Close To Re-Signing Eminger

Old
07-19-2011, 12:39 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by petejudge View Post
It's not that dz CANT play 82 games it's that he's not consistent enough to stay in the lineup for 82 games
Quote:
Can he do it from a pysical stand point? Yes. Can he play the kind of game that will keep him in the line up for 82 games? Thats another story.
Good points. Fair enough.

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:47 PM
azrok22

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Good.

Does anyone remember when we first acquired him? How 90% of the board *****ed and moaned about how awful he was, and a few posters tried to tell me he was arguably the worst defenseman in the NHL? Anyone remember that? And I told them he was fine as a bottom pairing defenseman, and that I thought we'd all come around on him? I remember that.

Not only did I ***** and moan when we acquired him, but I continued to ***** and moan during training camp when he was an abortion of a defenseman. I have no doubt that Valentenko outplayed him in the preseason games (although Emiger was coming back from an injury).

I am very glad that he proved me wrong, because he ended up being a very solid depth defenseman for us. I am very glad we're bringing him back.

azrok22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:01 PM
n8
WAAAAAAA!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangers1314 View Post
Yes, I am 99% sure that he would have to clear waivers in order to go back down to das Whale. I've said all along that Del Zotto, unless he KILLS IT at camp, will start the season in the AHL. Last season was a total loss for him, both mentally and physically. He needs to play 20+ every night in every situation, hes still only 21 and needs to get his confidence back. Valentenko has apparently proven all he can prove in the AHL, so if he doesn't make the team I'd assume he would be traded.
This year's Sauer

I thought he didn't have to clear waivers because of the number of pro seasons he has played. He's on year 3. Sauer had to clear last year because he was on his post ELC 1 year pre Arbitration contract. I could definitely be mistaken here.

n8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:07 PM
Lion Hound
@JoeTucc26

Very happy with Eminger. Faimiliar with the system, gave his all and was surprisingly more physical than I knew he was before he came here.

Lion Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:13 PM
MSG the place to be*

Eminger played for team Canada in the WJC. Keeping him is a no-brainer

MSG the place to be* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:17 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

sometimes Eminger looks really solid out there...sometimes he looks like a trainwreck out there. im ok with bringing him back as a 7th d though.

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:18 PM
eco's bones

He's serviceable and as long as they can get him back for something around last year's cap hit--I'm okay with it.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:22 PM
RangerFan10

Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
it makes me nervous that there's reports that they're close to an agreement...it makes me feel like the contract is a little more complex than 1 year $1 mil

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:28 PM
silverfish
Mr. Glass

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerFan10 View Post
it makes me nervous that there's reports that they're close to an agreement...it makes me feel like the contract is a little more complex than 1 year $1 mil
He made $1.5mil salary last season, don't see him taking a pay cut to come back.

I bet he'll be right there on a 1 year $1.5 mil deal. Hoping that Sather is smarter than to give him 2 years like he did with EC

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:32 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post
He made $1.5mil salary last season, don't see him taking a pay cut to come back.

I bet he'll be right there on a 1 year $1.5 mil deal. Hoping that Sather is smarter than to give him 2 years like he did with EC
I don't know, he had that contract coming in. Who else is going to give him $1.5 million? There probably aren't even a lot of other teams seriously interested.

Old
07-19-2011, 01:33 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

We need a RD and he can play both sides. He will probably be our #6 for now with MDZ starting out in the minors and getting called up every time we need a defenseman. I think Valentenko will be the #7 who watches most games from the stands. (Not a bad job if you can get it.)

Vally makes the most sense to be #7 because he's the most experienced and oldest of prospects, so he does not need to play on a regular basis and he is the one who has to go through waivers. At the same time, I don't see Vally beating out any of the left defensemen ahead of him: Staal, McDonagh or Erixon.

Eminger makes sense as our #6 because our third-best RD right now is Kundratek, and I don't see the Rangers wanting to move either Erixon or MDZ to the side they are unfamiliar with so early in their career.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:37 PM
Miz

I like it, in case one of our young D-Men hit the wall or the sophomore slump occurs, we have someone who knows the system and can step right in without missing a beat

Miz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:38 PM
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls

vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfish View Post

If he makes more than 800K I'll be surprised

Brian Boyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Beacon
Sent to HF Minors

Oh and if two of our three young left defensemen (Erixon, Vally or McD) prove themselves capable of being top-4 defensemen, the most likely person to get traded isn't Vally, it's McDonagh. He's the most proven and the most well-known of our left defensemen, not counting Staal, who won't be dealt.

McD would bring back the most fair value in a trade. Assuming he plays well this season, I can see him fetching back a good top-6 forward at some point between the All-Star break and the trading deadline.

Beacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:41 PM
KingWantsCup
Super Saiyan Hank

vCash: 50
Perfect 7th d man for us. I'd welcome him back at $1M happily.

KingWantsCup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:43 PM
GAGLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Oh and if two of our three young left defensemen (Erixon, Vally or McD) prove themselves capable of being top-4 defensemen, the most likely person to get traded isn't Vally, it's McDonagh. He's the most proven and the most well-known of our left defensemen, not counting Staal, who won't be dealt.

McD would bring back the most fair value in a trade. Assuming he plays well this season, I can see him fetching back a good top-6 forward at some point between the All-Star break and the trading deadline.
McD isn't getting traded.

GAGLine is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 01:44 PM
RangerFan10

Quote:
We need a RD and he can play both sides. He will probably be our #6 for now with MDZ starting out in the minors and getting called up every time we need a defenseman. I think Valentenko will be the #7 who watches most games from the stands. (Not a bad job if you can get it.)

Vally makes the most sense to be #7 because he's the most experienced and oldest of prospects, so he does not need to play on a regular basis and he is the one who has to go through waivers. At the same time, I don't see Vally beating out any of the left defensemen ahead of him: Staal, McDonagh or Erixon.

Eminger makes sense as our #6 because our third-best RD right now is Kundratek, and I don't see the Rangers wanting to move either Erixon or MDZ to the side they are unfamiliar with so early in their career.
Vally missed a lot of time when he was in the KHL with injuries, he may be the oldest but I don't really think he has a significant amount of experience more than the other guys. Maybe he is the most developed, it's yet to be seen. They all need to work on their game...

Old
07-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Good.

Does anyone remember when we first acquired him? How 90% of the board *****ed and moaned about how awful he was, and a few posters tried to tell me he was arguably the worst defenseman in the NHL? Anyone remember that? And I told them he was fine as a bottom pairing defenseman, and that I thought we'd all come around on him? I remember that.

I still feel the same way--he's slow, inconsistant and doesn't know when to pick his spots, so he's out of position. As a fill in so they don't have to keep a prospect as the 7th D, I suppose, but I don't want him as a regular.

Brooklyn Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 03:01 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8 View Post
This year's Sauer

I thought he didn't have to clear waivers because of the number of pro seasons he has played. He's on year 3. Sauer had to clear last year because he was on his post ELC 1 year pre Arbitration contract. I could definitely be mistaken here.
I think he would not have to clear waivers if he were sent down before the season started. But, if he doesn't make the team out of training camp, the Rangers might as well trade him, cause he's going to bolt at the end of the year anyway.

Old
07-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by GAGLine View Post
McD isn't getting traded.

Trading McD would be a huge mistake.

Old
07-19-2011, 03:06 PM
clmetsfan

Crap.

I wanted to reprise Kalinin.

clmetsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 03:39 PM
McSauer
Defense Wins Games

Quote:

Absolutely horrible idea...McD is gonna be a stud on this team for years to come...

McSauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Orr Nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSauer View Post
Absolutely horrible idea...McD is gonna be a stud on this team for years to come...
There is no way in hell that McDonagh should be traded.

Orr Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 04:04 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Good news.

The early reaction on Eminger was warranted, if you remember Torts wasn't playing Sauer and was playing Eminger and Gilroy, and back then Eminger was just as bad as Gilroy. He came around though (and so did Torts when he permanently played Mike ) and is a very solid bottom pairing guy.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 04:32 PM
SupersonicMonkey*
DROP THE PUCK

This is great news.

I was hoping we would bring him back as the 7th.

SupersonicMonkey* is offline   Reply With Quote