HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Close To Re-Signing Eminger

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2011, 09:18 AM
  #76
xxxZENxxx
Registered User
 
xxxZENxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 439
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerEsq View Post
Oh and if two of our three young left defensemen (Erixon, Vally or McD) prove themselves capable of being top-4 defensemen, the most likely person to get traded isn't Vally, it's McDonagh. He's the most proven and the most well-known of our left defensemen, not counting Staal, who won't be dealt.

McD would bring back the most fair value in a trade. Assuming he plays well this season, I can see him fetching back a good top-6 forward at some point between the All-Star break and the trading deadline.
I wouldn't trade McD for anything other than a top 5 player in the league. He will easily be a top pair D-man in the near feature.

xxxZENxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 09:27 AM
  #77
Fitzy
All Is Well
 
Fitzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 19,917
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
I wouldn't trade McD for anything other than a top 5 player in the league. He will easily be a top pair D-man in the near feature.
So, basically, you wouldn't trade him.

Not to be condescending, but that was the same kid of thing I was hearing people say about Del Zotto last offseason. Lets at least give MCD a full season to consolidate his spot as an up-and-coming top pairing dman before we anoint him Staal 2.0

__________________
"I have something better than proof: I have anecdotal evidence."
Fitzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 12:48 PM
  #78
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
I wouldn't trade McD for anything other than a top 5 player in the league. He will easily be a top pair D-man in the near feature.
That's crazy. You wouldn't trade McDonagh for a guy like Bobby Ryan to round out the top 6?????

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 12:49 PM
  #79
RangerFan10
Registered User
 
RangerFan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Long Island/Plattsbu
Country: United States
Posts: 5,327
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangerFan10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate View Post
Depends on what the trade is, like you say. If the Rangers could get a legit top winger with McDonagh going the other way (and not overpaying in the rest of the trade) then sure. I like McDonagh a lot and think he'll be a great player, but you gotta keep your options open.

However I'd be a little wary about trading him right now since he could get a lot better and be worth a lot more (or we could find that the guys we thought could replace him aren't actually as good)
If a young forward is coming back in return you can say the same thing about them. I'm not propsing we trade McDonagh for a 34 year old forward here

RangerFan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 02:02 PM
  #80
Inferno
HFB Partner
 
Inferno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,023
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revelation View Post
And this is relevant to the Steve Eminger thread how?

I'm going to go ahead and assume you posted in the wrong thread lol...

At $750k, you really can't go wrong with Eminger, a 6/7 guy who can take spot duty on the 2nd pairing. I liked the game he bought last year, and he takes his role on the team without complaining. He can sit in the press box, or he can spell some of our young dmen when they start to tire or falter. Good guy to have around.
hehe its relevant because this is the thread that i clicked that link in

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.