HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

So much for all the talk about Parrish getting traded

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2004, 09:08 PM
Darth Milbury

vCash: 500
So much for all the talk about Parrish getting traded

http://www.newsday.com/sports/hockey...orts-headlines

Isles are apparently planning to use him on the number one line with Yashin next year.

Old
08-02-2004, 10:22 PM
ifesfor*

Mark Parrish....hmmm wasent it the guy Milbury traded for Luongo(parrish+something) for luongo and pick-gaborik? :lol

I would give him a shot in the net, to try to repalce Luongo!

Old
08-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Darth Milbury

Kvasha and Parrish for Luongo and Olli J. Gaborik was not a direct part of the deal.

Old
08-02-2004, 10:33 PM
Clash*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifesfor
Mark Parrish....hmmm wasent it the guy Milbury traded for Luongo(parrish+something) for luongo and pick-gaborik? :lol

I would give him a shot in the net, to try to repalce Luongo!
Jokinen and Luongo for Parrish and Kvasha. No pick involved.

Old
08-02-2004, 10:46 PM
Mizral

I always liked Parrish. I'm hoping Jason King over here in Vancouver can turn into something similar.

I wouldn't play him with Yashin though. Last I saw, they didn't seem to do much together.

Old
08-02-2004, 10:47 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Thompson
I always liked Parrish. I'm hoping Jason King over here in Vancouver can turn into something similar.

I wouldn't play him with Yashin though. Last I saw, they didn't seem to do much together.

I agree. Yashin really isn't a playmaker, he is more of a finisher. He and Parrish have skated together for brief periods of time, and it never works out.

Old
08-02-2004, 11:06 PM
Jones23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
I agree. Yashin really isn't a playmaker, he is more of a finisher. He and Parrish have skated together for brief periods of time, and it never works out.
Yashin is known more for his finishing abilities but he does have pretty decent play making abilities as well...with his shot and Parrish's deflection skills they could make for interesting linemates.

As for not working out...I would say brief periods are really not giving them justice.I'd like to see them work from the start of camp and the first 20 or so games before making any judgement.

Old
08-02-2004, 11:11 PM
Darth Milbury

I hope you are right, BigPeca. I though Peca and Parrish looked great together before Peca got all banged up.

Old
08-02-2004, 11:36 PM
Jones23

Quote:
I hope you are right, BigPeca. I though Peca and Parrish looked great together before Peca got all banged up.
They did!...and most likely they will probably be back together at some point either because of injury or line juggling.It's very rare nowadays to see a line stay together over the long haul of an NHL season.

Old
08-03-2004, 06:44 AM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

all because Mad Dog Mike says he wants to have Parrish on the top line--does not mean he will be on the top line--gets Parrish's name out there again

Old
08-03-2004, 08:38 AM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClashCitiRockr
Jokinen and Luongo for Parrish and Kvasha. No pick involved.
No pick involved but because of that dumb trade, Milbury took Dipietro with his first pick... How dumb it is? Maybe as much as giving Yashin a 90M$/10 years contract.

Ask any Isles fan. What would they like the most right now:

1) Luongo, Jokinen and Heatley/Gaborik

or

2) Dipietro, Kvasha, Parrish

Ouch... Dumbest GM ever...

Old
08-03-2004, 10:23 AM
Darth Milbury

Yeah, and thanks for the really helpful post. None of us Islander fans knew the Luongo trade was a bad one, so it really great to have yet another thread hijacked to discuss a trade that happened five years ago.

And, btw, is all that dumber than loosing Murray, Guerin, Rolston, and many others for NOTHING?

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 08-03-2004 at 12:09 PM.
Old
08-03-2004, 11:05 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark
all because Mad Dog Mike says he wants to have Parrish on the top line--does not mean he will be on the top line--gets Parrish's name out there again

I don't think it's a question of getting Parrish's name out there.

I think the Isles are tossing the Parrish/Yashin idea out because they've been unable to bring in another winger for Yashin.This keeps fans and media from questioning where's Yashin's new winger.

Old
08-03-2004, 11:25 AM
Darth Milbury

Crew, I completely agree. I think Parrish will be on the Island for some time to come. But, he had terrible chemistry with Yashin. I think all that stuff in NEWSDAY about Parrish and Yashin is just a PR-smokescreen (although Hahn usually does not go for that stuff). Isles can't find a winger for Yashin so they try to spin Parrish as that player.

I'll bet anything Parrish winds up back with Peca by the first month of whatever season there is next year.

Old
08-03-2004, 01:10 PM
Pure Slaughter Value

Send a message via AIM to Pure Slaughter Value
Quote:
Yeah, and thanks for the really helpful post. None of us Islander fans knew the Luongo trade was a bad one, so it really great to have yet another thread hijacked to discuss a trade that happened five years ago.

And, btw, is all that dumber than loosing Murray, Guerin, Rolston, and many others for NOTHING?

Old
08-03-2004, 01:20 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:

Murray has not signed with anybody yet.

Guerin leaved but can you blame the Bruins for letting him go when someone offer 45M/5years for him? Its not as dumb as 90M/10 years for a lazy Yashin but its still a lot of money.

And let me correct you. Guerin didn't leave for nothing! The Bruins got a pick because he left as an UFA and with the pick the Bruins picked... Patrice Bergeron!

As for Rolston, we may get a 3rd round pick for him next year.

So to respond to your question: It is way dumber to trade young promising prospects like Bertuzzi, Brewer, McCabe, Chara, Jokinen, Luongo, Picks (Heatley, Spezza) for almost nothing than letting UFA Murray, Guerin, Rolston and others go (Not for nothing BTW... )

Last edited by Jean_Jacket41: 08-03-2004 at 01:30 PM.
Old
08-03-2004, 01:29 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
Murray has not signed with anybody yet.

Guerin leaved but can you blame the Bruins for letting him go when someone offer 45M/5years for him? Its not as dumb as 90M/10 years for a lazy Yashin but its still a lot of money.

And let me correct you. Guerin didn't leave for nothing! The Bruins got a pick because he left as an UFA and with the pick the Bruins picked... Patrice Bergeron!

As for Rolston, we may get a 3rd round pick for him next year.

So to respond to your question: It is way dumber than letting Murray, Guerin, Rolston and others go (Not for nothing BTW... )
The wider point here is that the whole issue is irrelevant. It would be nice if we could have one single thread about an Islander player with out some immature poster showing up to taunt us about the Luongo trade. Yeah, that was a dumb move, what does that have to do with Mark Parrish's current situation on the Island? And, what does Yashin's contract have to do with Parrish? You're just being a troll here, trying to incite conflict without contributing anything intelligent whatsoever to the discussion.

Here is a partial list of players the B's have lost in recent years for nothing but picks: Guerin, Rolston, Dafoe, Knuble, Murray (eventually). They also lost Kyle M for next to nothing. And, if you want to talk stupid contracts, how about we bring up Martin Lapointe? Basically, if I was a Bruin's fan, I'd keep my mouth shut about what other teams have done. Its not like the management of your team has distinguished themselves over the years, and its also not like your team has exactly set the world on fire in the playoffs. Isles management may or may not be MORE incompetent. But so what? Its like walking into a room of stupid people and trying to select the one with the lowest IQ.

Last edited by Darth Milbury: 08-03-2004 at 01:39 PM.
Old
08-03-2004, 01:42 PM
Jean_Jacket41
Neely = HOF

Quote:
The wider point here is that the whole issue is irrelevant. It would be nice if we could have one single thread about an Islander player with out some immature poster showing up to taunt us about the Luongo trade. Yeah, that was a dumb move, what does that have to do with Mark Parrish's current situation on the Island? And, what does Yashin's contract have to do with Parrish? You're just being a troll here, trying to incite conflict without contributing anything intelligent whatsoever to the discussion.

Here is a partial list of players the B's have lost in recent years for nothing but picks: Guerin, Rolston, Dafoe, Knuble, Murray (eventually). They also lost Kyle M for next to nothing. And, if you want to talk stupid contracts, how about we bring up Martin Lapointe? Basically, if I was a Bruin's fan, I'd keep my mouth shut about what other teams have done. Its not like the management of your team has distinguished themselves over the years, and its also not like your team has exactly set the world on fire in the playoffs.
I was just pointing out to a poster that, while there was no pick involved in the Luongo-Jokinen for Parrish-Kvasha trade, it made the Isles pick Dipietro instead of Heatley or Gaborik with their first pick overall. I also pointed out how stupid that trade and the contract the worst GM ever gave to Yashin.

As bad as you think Bruins management is doing, it won't ever be as bad as Mad Mike. The Lapointe signing? Sure it was for too much money. But it was only for 4 years. This is his last year! How much overpaid season Yashin has left?

As for your UFA the Bruins let go for comp picks:

Guerin: 45M/5 years was too much money. The Bruins got Patrice Bergeron for him! Thats a very good return!

Dafoe: Who cares. It was GOOD buisiness to let him go.

Knuble: He was great playing with Joe and i would have like to see him stay but he is not much than a 3rd liner and at 2M year for 3 years, the Bruins can find a better fit.

Rolston: He is on the downhill of his career. Good buisiness to let him go too. 9M for 3 years? Ouch...

Murray: like you said, eventually...

Now, this is a list on young promising prospects that the Isles trade for less than their value: McCabe, Brewer, Chara, Picks (Heatley-Spezza), Luongo, Jokinen, etc.

Thats all i want to say.

To the worst GM ever: MM!

Old
08-03-2004, 01:48 PM
Darth Milbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean_Jacket41
I was just pointing out to a poster that, while there was no pick involved in the Luongo-Jokinen for Parrish-Kvasha trade, it made the Isles pick Dipietro instead of Heatley or Gaborik with their first pick overall. I also pointed out how stupid that trade and the contract the worst GM ever gave to Yashin.

To the worst GM ever: MM!
OK, junior, and what exactly do ANY of those points have to do with Parrish's situation next year on the Island? Other than trying to start conflict with Islander fans, exactly what are you contributing here? Do you really think anybody believes any of these moves where smart, or needed you to remind us?

If suggest we all ignore this troll, and get back to the topic at hand.

Closed Thread