HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

Digital Art thread (Shops, Requests, Videos)

Old
07-22-2011, 02:59 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Sutter sure is a player with a lot of grit.. I know, just with this comment, that you don't watch hockey.
haha

99GoHabsGo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:11 AM
KingKovy

vCash: 500
Best forward on our team by far.. it's sad he never got a real chance.. we will lose him for sure and he will be a 70pt player elsewhere..

KingKovy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 07:47 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
Sutter sure is a player with a lot of grit.. I know, just with this comment, that you don't watch hockey.
Character over a talent with zero consistency.... Tell me again who you want in the playoffs?

If you don't think that a Sutter isn't more valuable than a Kostityn when it counts you are truly watching ringette instead of hockey.

nyhabsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 07:54 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKovy View Post
Best forward on our team by far.. it's sad he never got a real chance.. we will lose him for sure and he will be a 70pt player elsewhere..
He's had over four years to prove himself.... Best forward on our team... Dear lord if youd take AK over even Pleky or Gionta you another one who needs a reality check.

You want get excited about a forward with REAL upside... Patches or Eller will exceed AK this year.

Old
07-23-2011, 09:48 AM
Stradale

^^^ Is that the best you can do?

I've answered your question regarding why AK would start on the bottom 6 next season.

Anyway, no need to reply, I think you already made a fool of yourself enough in this thread.

Stradale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 11:37 AM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
^^^ Is that the best you can do?

I've answered your question regarding why AK would start on the bottom 6 next season.

Anyway, no need to reply, I think you already made a fool of yourself enough in this thread.
Kostityn will prove my point this year just like he's been doing forth past two... But you'll justify how "great" he is until he's gone.
Then we'll see who if the fool.

Really you should be a leafs fan they are really delusional about their players.

Old
07-23-2011, 11:39 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyhabsfan View Post
Kostityn will prove my point this year just like he's been doing forth past two... But you'll justify how "great" he is until he's gone.

Really you should be a leafs fan they are really delusional about their players.
actually you sound exactly like a leafs fan... every summer they come out of hiding and say we'll prove you guys wrong this year!!! then there wrong again and go into hiding and come back out next summer... stop trolling

Old
07-23-2011, 12:17 PM
capebretoncanadien

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKovy View Post
Whoa hold your horses there trollsky. Who you're talking about is Mr. Tomas Plekanec. Cammy could share this pedestal too but he needs to have a better year.

I'm an AK supporter but best forward on the team?

By far better than Gionta, Cammy, Cole etc.?

Nope.

Love AK what a truck and bullet shot. The critics need to temper their expectations a little bit IMO.

Throws Luke Schenn away like a ragdoll. We don't have another player on the team
that can do that let alone another forward.

Look forward to him and Eller playing together for a season.

Last edited by capebretoncanadien: 07-23-2011 at 12:25 PM.
capebretoncanadien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:31 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99GoHabsGo99 View Post
actually you sound exactly like a leafs fan... every summer they come out of hiding and say we'll prove you guys wrong this year!!! then there wrong again and go into hiding and come back out next summer... stop trolling
I'm here all year round.

You lost all credibility when you wrote that AK is our best forward ... BY FAR.

Lmao

Old
07-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Crusher20

Send a message via AIM to Crusher20 Send a message via Yahoo to Crusher20
Take the skills of a.k. put it the jorges/subban/pacioretty/gionta/plekanec type of work ethic and dediction and you got a top 10 NHL player.. but nahhhh not interested.

Crusher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:45 PM
overlords
Hfboards

Quote:
I'm here all year round.

You lost all credibility when you wrote that AK is our best forward ... BY FAR.

Lmao
You're quoting the wrong guy if you think he's the one who said that about AK.

overlords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 01:17 PM
Stradale

Quote:

Look I'm not saying AK is a superstar or whatever. Just that he's is a good complementary player for us. We are paying him 3m$ to give us 20-25g. and thats exactly what he's been giving us.

You are the one that is delusional hating on the guy and thinking its popular opinion.

You keep using cliche without bringing anything to back your points.

Just admit you're a hater. At least you will have an excuse for your lack of hockey knowledge.

Old
07-23-2011, 01:19 PM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

i did not write he was our best forward he is def not our best forward but he is very good

Old
07-23-2011, 03:04 PM
DAChampion

I hope we either trade him at the deadline or sign him to a long-term contract.

DAChampion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 04:44 PM
nyhabsfan
Waiting for #25.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stradale View Post
Look Just that he's is a good complementary player for us. We are paying him 3m$ to give us 20-25g. and thats exactly what he's been giving us.
You are the one that is delusional hating on the guy and thinking its
Just admit you're a hater. At least you will have an excuse for your lack of hockey knowledge
What is it with you and the worse hater???

I think there are better options than AK for the money and you're the one starting the personal attacks and then you talk about maturity?

I really sorry for you and have you actually PLAYED the game?

But of course you say you have and how you were a. Blah blah blah.

So how about we end the debate and SEE WHAT AK can do and where he lands on the team at training camp.

I'd be glad to pick up the debate but after watching and playing the game with guys named Clark, Skrudland and Yawny, I think I got a pretty good idea how this game is played.

See you at training camp, you can have the last comment since you are so "mature".

Old
07-23-2011, 04:50 PM
icerocket

Most overrated player on the Habs.

icerocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 05:06 PM
JAVO16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
Take the skills of a.k. put it the jorges/subban/pacioretty/gionta/plekanec type of work ethic and dediction and you got a top 10 NHL player.. but nahhhh not interested.
I personnaly disagree with all these work ethic and effort statements. Kostitsyn lacks consistency and IMO consistency comes with great hockey sense. A very skilled player with a poor to average hockey sense may finish on most of the plays in which he's involved, but because he can't read the play and consistently position himself as a threat, his points come more by way of chance( even when the work is there). By contrast, a player with great vision may not need to put as much effort because he's consistently well positionned as an option or in a dangerous spot on the ice and hence will score more points. I think Kostitsyn is a very skilled player without exceptionnal hockey sense. Add in confidence issues and you get what we've seen the last couple of years. A player that can play on the top line and outscore the opponent, that is improving defensively and can score in spurts.

JAVO16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Gally11

Quote:
Originally Posted by icerocket View Post
He has a lot of haters so you must think he really sucks lol

Gally11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 09:03 PM
Stradale

Quote:
What is it with you and the worse hater???

I think there are better options than AK for the money and you're the one starting the personal attacks and then you talk about maturity?

I really sorry for you and have you actually PLAYED the game?

But of course you say you have and how you were a. Blah blah blah.

So how about we end the debate and SEE WHAT AK can do and where he lands on the team at training camp.

I'd be glad to pick up the debate but after watching and playing the game with guys named Clark, Skrudland and Yawny, I think I got a pretty good idea how this game is played.

See you at training camp, you can have the last comment since you are so "mature".
OK if you say you know a lot about hockey. Tell me. What is your expectation about AK. In the hockey market now, what does a 3.5M$ player should give his team?

I am calling you hater because you are. A hater is a guy that only hates on something or someone, and refuses to see the good side and you're exactly that. You can't credit him for his goals, his hits, his implications. For you AK when plays bad, its because he lacked effort, not because he's struggling.

Yes AK has his ups and downs last season... What you remember is only his down.. which is about 15% of of this season.. and it always happened (or almost) when he was paired with Gomez. I remember AK playing well with Plekanec. I remember him playing well with Eller. I remember him play well with Halpern. I remember him score 20 goals, which 6 are game winner. I remember his physical contribution on our top 6 which was highly lacking. I remember him taking the initiative to go to Martin and asked what he's doing wrong and what he should do when he was struggling. I remember him showing a lot of emotions when he scored a goal after a bad stretch. I remember him blocking Chara's shot in the playoffs that put him out for 1 game and a half.

Of course you, you can't see that and credit him for that.

Last edited by Stradale: 07-23-2011 at 09:09 PM.
Old
07-23-2011, 09:15 PM
Stradale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher20 View Post
I think some people are highly overrating AK's skills. He has some decent hand and a good shot. That's about it. You guys are talking like he would be the next Mario Lemieux if he's gives 100% every second of his shifts.

He is nowhere near the OV, Crosby, St. Louis, Datsyuk, Zett, Sedins, Getzlaf, Nash, Iginla, Richards, Toews, Kane,.....................etc .......................... category.

lol top 10 player in the league? what a joke

I kinda agree with "icerocket". Some people overrates him so bad that they end up expecting too much from him.

Old
07-23-2011, 10:08 PM
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!

Awards:
Quote:
Maybe you meant underrated? The hate Kostitsyn gets around here is unparalleled, considering what he brings.

hototogisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 10:23 PM
Stubbs88

Love AK46!

Stubbs88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 11:04 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
he is definitely not overrated a lot on here seems to hate him

Old
07-24-2011, 11:08 AM
99GoHabsGo99
MontrealCanadiens200

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
What software you using?
sorry for very late reply i use AVS Video Editor

Old
07-24-2011, 11:15 AM
KingKovy

Pleks is more complete BUT AK is definitely better than Gionta lol.. If he got the same ice time and most importantly PP opportunities as Gionta or Cammy he would produce just as much but would actually hit someone and make the game more fun to watch..

KingKovy is offline   Reply With Quote