HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Jonathan Quick Q&A on Twitter!

Old
07-23-2011, 10:32 AM
KingNick07

vCash: 500
Jonathan Quick Q&A on Twitter!

Thought this was pretty cool of him to do. Here is the link to his twitter I have to go... Leaving to six flags

If someone can make a new thread matching the questions and answers that would be sweet. Or I'll do it tonight.

GO KINGS GO!

http://twitter.com/#!/JonathanQuick32

KingNick07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The Five Guys quote may draw him some ire, but good on him for doing this, more players should shoot the **** with fans on twitter like this, very cool.

I am now slightly interested in the Rob Scuderi shoutout over who the funniest player in the locker room is. As an outsider, I would have guessed Greene, but Scuderi? We need more insider media showing this

"I think part of his game is hes over aggressive at times, which I like. Well tame that. Id rather tame a lion than paint stripes on the kitty cat." - Dean Lombardi discussing Brayden McNabb
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:37 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Nice post!

I completely agree with him on 5guys. Love me some in and out when I can get it but 5 guys is slightly better in my opinion. Get hungry and do a side by side comparison and I think you will see.

Tonellisghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:39 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
I think so too. Better fries and the burgers are really thick in a way that's extra tasty. The first time I had it, I had no doubt as far as that comparison went.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 12:42 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Great

Now I am hungry for a 5 guys!

Old
07-23-2011, 12:54 PM
PRMan

5 Guys. 10% better. 100% more $$. Long live In-n-Out.

PRMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 01:21 PM
Shellz

I didn't expect him to say that Scuderi is the funniest.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 02:24 PM
outofrange

I remember that Pens fans and Pens teammates used to say that Scuds had a great sense of humor. Nice to have it confirmed.

outofrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 02:55 PM
Sydor25
LA Kings

Send a message via ICQ to Sydor25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Nice post!

I completely agree with him on 5guys. Love me some in and out when I can get it but 5 guys is slightly better in my opinion. Get hungry and do a side by side comparison and I think you will see.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Live in the Now View Post
I think so too. Better fries and the burgers are really thick in a way that's extra tasty. The first time I had it, I had no doubt as far as that comparison went.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRMan View Post
5 Guys. 10% better. 100% more $$. Long live In-n-Out.
This.

For double the price, the burger better be better.

Sydor25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 03:25 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

I haven't had In-N-Out since my 6th grade graduation 2006. Haven't tried 5 Guys though.

FrozenKing18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 03:47 PM
KingsFan17

Quote:
Nice post!

I just did this on Tuesday. In n Out has the better fries by a mile imo. Burger is a toss up. If you want something that tastes like you just made it at home go 5 Guys. For this reason alone i lean towards In N Out.

KingsFan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingsFan17 View Post
I just did this on Tuesday. In n Out has the better fries by a mile imo. Burger is a toss up. If you want something that tastes like you just made it at home go 5 Guys. For this reason alone i lean towards In N Out.
Cool!

To me the preference switches but I spend at least 7mos a year on the road and I tend to look for food that reminds me of home no matter how good or bad that might be. I thought the fries were similar enough but if you prefer In N Out then they might be better. 5 Guys are all over the place where I can only find In N Out in California and surrounding states so I don't get it very often.

Old
07-23-2011, 04:51 PM
redcard

The fact that 5 guys is twice the price really makes it no contest. If the costs were similar, then it would be more comparable.

redcard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 05:15 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Twice the price is a serious exaggeration. 5 guys are more expensive but it does sort of depend on what you get. Besides that it is a matter of taste really. Why bother trying to put an absolute on something like this when in the end it all falls down to personal preference and in that dollar value's aren't really going to be that big of a deciding factor, if they were we would all like Big Macs more than either 5guys or In N Out.

Old
07-23-2011, 05:43 PM
redcard

Quote:
Twice the price is a serious exaggeration. 5 guys are more expensive but it does sort of depend on what you get. Besides that it is a matter of taste really. Why bother trying to put an absolute on something like this when in the end it all falls down to personal preference and in that dollar value's aren't really going to be that big of a deciding factor, if they were we would all like Big Macs more than either 5guys or In N Out.
Out here twice the price isn't a serious exaggeration, burger, fries, and drink will cost you at least $11 at 5 guys. You can get a meal at in-n-out for half that. No exaggeration included.

Old
07-23-2011, 07:43 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Out here twice the price isn't a serious exaggeration, burger, fries, and drink will cost you at least $11 at 5 guys. You can get a meal at in-n-out for half that. No exaggeration included.
The In N Out Menu says that you get a cheeseburger fries and a drink for $6.59

The 5 Guys Menu says you get a cheeseburger fries and a drink for $8.92

I don't know if that is a special price or regional or anything but that is what I could find. To me that isn't twice the price but it is more expensive. Same burger but imo the 5guys burger is a little bigger (not much) and a little better and I am not a fry guy (no poutine no fries) but they are close enough to the same to where they don't change things and the drink to the best I can tell is 20 oz.

No biggie but then not twice the price either. That said, next time in L.A. I will have to do the side by side to find out which I like better and maybe in SoCal it will be $13.82 for a cheeseburger fries and a drink? I can't wait to find out.

Either way this conversation made me eat a cheeseburger for dinner and that is a rare thing for me.

Old
07-23-2011, 07:53 PM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcard View Post
Exactly. My husband and I just had In N Out 30 mins ago. It was $11 for both of us with 2 burgers, 2 fries and 2 drinks. Plus 4 sides of spread they don't charge for.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 07:58 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

At 5 guys that would have cost you $17bucks and change. At In N Out according to their webby you and your husband would have paid $13.04 so you got a deal (those prices were for cheeseburgers though).

Old
07-23-2011, 07:59 PM
Live in the Now
Administrator
HFBoards

vCash: 1888
IMO, if you're already going to pay 6.59ish for a double-double combo, then you might as well pay a little more for Five Guys. At that point you've already decided on at least a 6.00 commitment, for me I don't see much of a difference if we're talking about one or two people eating somewhere. And let's also not forget that Five Guys regular size fries easily feed two and there's no need for two fry orders.

But as a family? That's a lot different IMO and where In-N-Out's lower prices are a factor.

Live in the Now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-23-2011, 10:17 PM
redcard

Quote:
The In N Out Menu says that you get a cheeseburger fries and a drink for $6.59

The 5 Guys Menu says you get a cheeseburger fries and a drink for $8.92

I don't know if that is a special price or regional or anything but that is what I could find. To me that isn't twice the price but it is more expensive. Same burger but imo the 5guys burger is a little bigger (not much) and a little better and I am not a fry guy (no poutine no fries) but they are close enough to the same to where they don't change things and the drink to the best I can tell is 20 oz.

No biggie but then not twice the price either. That said, next time in L.A. I will have to do the side by side to find out which I like better and maybe in SoCal it will be $13.82 for a cheeseburger fries and a drink? I can't wait to find out.

Either way this conversation made me eat a cheeseburger for dinner and that is a rare thing for me.

If there was a 5 guys that cheap in Southern California I'd be a little more interested. Using the "order online" function on the 5 guys website, the one nearest my house would charge me $11.39 for a hamburger, fries, and a drink. If I wanted cheese I'd be breaking 12 bucks. To me, its just not worth it.

Old
07-23-2011, 10:29 PM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Wow, I am using their in store menu pricing and it says that the regular cheeseburger is 6.82 with tax in all socal markets. The fries list for 2.42 with tax and a regular drink (whatever that is) lists for $1.25. so under $13 but it probably varies I guess.

They do list a deal that is the same (cheeseburger fries and a regular drink) for $10.00's but I don't know if it is a coupon thing or something that you can do at the place.

So In N Out is delicious and cheaper by about a third roughly but then to me the 5guys food is just slightly better. That said we are arguing the difference between incredible and awesome so either side wins.

Old
07-24-2011, 01:13 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
At 5 guys that would have cost you $17bucks and change. At In N Out according to their webby you and your husband would have paid $13.04 so you got a deal (those prices were for cheeseburgers though).
We get the #2 which comes with a drink and fries. It's cheaper than ordering it all separate.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 01:18 AM
Tonellisghost
WE ARE THE KINGS!!!!

Excellent!

Just be thankful that you have the options, there isn't a chain hamburger stand within 30 miles from me. That said there isn't a neighbor within 1 mile from me and not ten within 5 miles. I can get you all the crab lobster muscles etc you could ever want to eat either right out of the water, my freezer (caught right in front of my side yard) or cooked at any one of a few little shacks within range of me.

But an In N Out or a 5 Guys, both would be a very long drive.

Old
07-24-2011, 01:27 AM
cnshockey
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Excellent!

Just be thankful that you have the options, there isn't a chain hamburger stand within 30 miles from me. That said there isn't a neighbor within 1 mile from me and not ten within 5 miles. I can get you all the crab lobster muscles etc you could ever want to eat either right out of the water, my freezer (caught right in front of my side yard) or cooked at any one of a few little shacks within range of me.

But an In N Out or a 5 Guys, both would be a very long drive.
Trade you In n Out for fresh lobster and crab Cioppino. Please?

cnshockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 02:08 AM
OK Computer

In N Out would be perfect for the price if they actually put salt on the damn fries like you're supposed to and their tomatoes didn't suck. Can't be having a burger with a bunch of bland starch sticks, even if it's smothered in sauce/onions. Oh well.

OK Computer is offline   Reply With Quote