HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rangers Close To Re-Signing Eminger

Old
07-19-2011, 11:38 AM
NYR fan 2

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to NYR fan 2
Rangers Close To Re-Signing Eminger

http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2011/0...steve-eminger/

NYR fan 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:43 AM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

vCash: 50
Link to ze tweet:

http://twitter.com/#!/NYP_Brooksie/s...48925242736640

Love it.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Swept In Seven
Disciple of The Zook

I am good with Eminger

Swept In Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:45 AM
Darrelle Lundqvist
Swagelin

Good. I like having Eminger as a 7th dman.

Darrelle Lundqvist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:46 AM
Chalfdiggity3

Excellent! I didnt think there was anyone out there who would be better for the cheap caphit he would be. He is a solid vet bottom pairing dman, who can help stabilize our 3rd pair.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:49 AM
nyr2k2
Can't Beat Him

Awards:
Good.

Does anyone remember when we first acquired him? How 90% of the board *****ed and moaned about how awful he was, and a few posters tried to tell me he was arguably the worst defenseman in the NHL? Anyone remember that? And I told them he was fine as a bottom pairing defenseman, and that I thought we'd all come around on him? I remember that.

It's just pain.
nyr2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:49 AM
vipernsx
Flatus Expeller

Good news, he was solid last season and he's the perfect #7 for us next season. He wants to be in NY and I'm happy to have him back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma Royd View Post
Good.

Does anyone remember when we first acquired him? How 90% of the board *****ed and moaned about how awful he was, and a few posters tried to tell me he was arguably the worst defenseman in the NHL? Anyone remember that? And I told them he was fine as a bottom pairing defenseman, and that I thought we'd all come around on him? I remember that.

I'm sure glad you don't gloat.

vipernsx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Alvvays
I know u u cant sing

Quote:
Good.

I remember having a nightmare about Steve Eminger earlier in the season. ROFL.

We're such a bi-polar fanbase.

Alvvays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:52 AM
HAPPY HOUR

Quote:
Good.

Sure we weren't talking about Redden??

HAPPY HOUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
I remember having a nightmare about Steve Eminger earlier in the season. ROFL.

We're such a bi-polar fanbase.
lol so true everyone hated the guy but he seemed to win fans over with his aggresive play and as a 7th he's just fine with me.

i am hoping for a two way deal not gonna lie but I expect a one way under a million for sure. Would think 750 K like Lepisto got

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Good.

Haha good call man! I thought he would be a decent option as long as he could put his game together. Under torts it really looks like he has done so. He was a 1st round pick so he has talent and this past year showed he has heart.

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:54 AM
Radek27

Send a message via AIM to Radek27
I think this is a good choice as an extra in the 7-8 range. Still need to get another vet dman after him though. The blueline we want depth depth depth. Use the extra cap space to give us a deep blueline that can survive the injuries and let guys rest when they need it. This team blocks a lot of shots, never hurts to have the assets to let a guy rest if he needs it.

Radek27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radek27 View Post
I think this is a good choice as an extra in the 7-8 range. Still need to get another vet dman after him though. The blueline we want depth depth depth. Use the extra cap space to give us a deep blueline that can survive the injuries and let guys rest when they need it. This team blocks a lot of shots, never hurts to have the assets to let a guy rest if he needs it.
there is no way they are going to bring someone else in

We are looking at

Staal, Girardi
McDonaugh, Sauer
Erixon, Del Zotto, Valentenko( one goes down)
Eminger

Can someone confirm if Vtank indeed has to go through waivers? I read he does but I also read he has another yr on his deal and is not a RFA so does that affect things?

Hope he can go down if need be then called up.

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:03 PM
we want cup
Ants in the Pants

Quote:
Good.

He was pretty brutal at the start of the year, but his play definitely crossed well into the "acceptable" range, and I was very pleased with his physical engagement.

RANGERS =
we want cup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:04 PM
Fitzy
All Is Well

Good.

A veteran presence on our young D puts us one step closer to a legitimate cup run. Voros for Eminger has been a bargain deal so far.

I just hope that they are not expending resources that could be used to get Dubinsky locked up.

07-19-2011, 12:13 PM
t3hg00se

Send a message via AIM to t3hg00se
Very good to hear. At his age and level of play, Eminger is certainly a good asset to have.

t3hg00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:16 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

We are looking at

Staal, Girardi
McDonaugh, Sauer
Eminger

Can someone confirm if Vtank indeed has to go through waivers? I read he does but I also read he has another yr on his deal and is not a RFA so does that affect things?

Your ready to start a season with two of those guys as our bottom pairing? C'mon they are far from proven ready players for a fully 82 game schedule. DZ I'm hoping makes a strong bounce back but with him it's all about confidence. Erixon i'm not ready to hand a spot to just yet.

What you going to do if Erixon has a poor camp? What if Sauer wasn't as good as he was last year? With young players you sure are gambling here. Gotta add another vet to the mix, to me it's a no brainer just looking at that group. Not saying a 4 million guy but a solid 1-2 mil veteran to add to that great group. Always better to have extra than less, your dealing from a position of strength rather than needing.

Old
07-19-2011, 12:21 PM
Cawlidge Hawkey
NCAA ** Juniors

Love it if he signs. His physicality, veteran presence, and his acceptance of a seventh d-man role (just how Biron accepts his backup role) will really help this team in the long run.

Cawlidge Hawkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:22 PM
GAGLine
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Your ready to start a season with two of those guys as our bottom pairing? C'mon they are far from proven ready players for a fully 82 game schedule. DZ I'm hoping makes a strong bounce back but with him it's all about confidence. Erixon i'm not ready to hand a spot to just yet.
If only 1 of them is ready, then Eminger gets a spot in the top 6 and we only carry 6 dmen. We can always make another move at the trade deadline if we need to further address the situation.

GAGLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:24 PM
district9
w/e

i would guess an eminger/erixon pairing to begin the year. the problem with eminger/dz is mostly that they both are overaggressive and get caught out of position and would be horrible at bailing each other out. maybe eventually try dz/erixon if he's looking better in hartford but i would absolutely have eminger out there at the beginning of the year.

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:25 PM
silverfish
Player Usage

I though Semenov and others outplayed him in preseason games but he def put his game together when he got consistent playing time.

Happy he's being brought back.

silverfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:25 PM
Stugots
Kolo, Kolo Kolo!

Quote:

What you going to do if Erixon has a poor camp? What if Sauer wasn't as good as he was last year? With young players you sure are gambling here. Gotta add another vet to the mix, to me it's a no brainer just looking at that group. Not saying a 4 million guy but a solid 1-2 mil veteran to add to that great group. Always better to have extra than less, your dealing from a position of strength rather than needing.
DZ hasn't proved he can play an 82 game season?

Stugots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Radek27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stugots View Post
DZ hasn't proved he can play an 82 game season?
Can he do it from a pysical stand point? Yes. Can he play the kind of game that will keep him in the line up for 82 games? Thats another story.

Old
07-19-2011, 12:30 PM
district9
w/e

It's not that dz CANT play 82 games it's that he's not consistent enough to stay in the lineup for 82 games

district9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2011, 12:36 PM
rangers1314

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitto79 View Post

We are looking at

Staal, Girardi
McDonaugh, Sauer
Eminger

Yes, I am 99% sure that he would have to clear waivers in order to go back down to das Whale. I've said all along that Del Zotto, unless he KILLS IT at camp, will start the season in the AHL. Last season was a total loss for him, both mentally and physically. He needs to play 20+ every night in every situation, hes still only 21 and needs to get his confidence back. Valentenko has apparently proven all he can prove in the AHL, so if he doesn't make the team I'd assume he would be traded.

rangers1314 is offline   Reply With Quote