HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Brenden Morrow

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-20-2011, 04:36 PM
  #1
DallasStarsfan06
Registered User
 
DallasStarsfan06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
Brenden Morrow

He will not get traded, but anything is possible. What would your team give up for this guy?

DallasStarsfan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 04:39 PM
  #2
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasStarsfan06 View Post
He will not get traded, but anything is possible. What would your team give up for this guy?
What does Dallas need?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 04:40 PM
  #3
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,913
vCash: 500
If he becomes available Canucks go hard for him.

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 04:41 PM
  #4
DekeLikeYouMeanIt
RIP
 
DekeLikeYouMeanIt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,214
vCash: 500
Nothing. I'm more interested in Eriksson

Realistically, a mid-high 1st and a good prospect. What are Dallas' needs? (You can't land an owner via trade unfortunately).

DekeLikeYouMeanIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 04:45 PM
  #5
DallasStarsfan06
Registered User
 
DallasStarsfan06's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, Texas
Country: United States
Posts: 329
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
What does Dallas need?
Maybe another top four defenseman/top six winger or just picks and prospects to build towards future

DallasStarsfan06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 04:46 PM
  #6
Phion Keneuf
Bang Bang
 
Phion Keneuf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vaughan, Ontario
Country: Italy
Posts: 29,239
vCash: 500
if he's available i would love to see Burke make a push for him

he would be a great veteran presence on the Leafs


i dont know what Dallas' needs are but probably defense and a top 6 forward

so Franson/Gunnarsson + Lupul + McKegg

a young top 4 dman
a good 2nd liner (a bit overpaid, but not by much)
a very solid forward prospect (possibly future top 6er)

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 04:50 PM
  #7
Virtanev
HFBoards Sponsor
 
Virtanev's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 41,710
vCash: 50
He's would be ideal for the Canucks. I'd be willing to offer

Schroeder/Rodin
Sauve/Connauton
1 st round pick

Virtanev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 05:14 PM
  #8
Chaos
#1
 
Chaos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Country: United States
Posts: 7,910
vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to Chaos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoid Android View Post
What does Dallas need?
If for some reason Morrow is available, then it probably means the Stars are going into a full rebuild. So they'd be looking for picks and prospects for the most part.

__________________
Chaos is always right.

-Vagrant
Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 06:08 PM
  #9
Karitimes
JetsJetsJets
 
Karitimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: NS
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,369
vCash: 500
^^ Pretty much this. He's not a guy you look to trade straight across for fair value. Someone's gotta make up a team's veteran (experience) component regardless how 'taken a back' we all are by youth. Dallas losing him means they lose grit, goals, captain, mentor, and cup champ. I don't know what the price tag looks like but I can certainly see why teams that are close would love to have him.

IF it were to happen, an educated guess would lead me to believe you gotta start with a reasonable 2nd line LW replacement for at least a 5-10 year window and a safe bet, progressing prospect; soon to be regular NHLer. For Dallas I think the prospect depth could be used in the forward positions, preferrably center. Oh and don't forget to throw Joe a 2nd or 3rd for his recent HOF induction.

Karitimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 06:15 PM
  #10
um
Registered User
 
um's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 500
from caps:

1st round pick (caps)
orlov
chimera
2nd round pick (avs)

um is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 06:17 PM
  #11
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,517
vCash: 500
Canucks will be interested if he's available.

Some combination of Raymond, a prospect & a pick? Something like that

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 07:17 PM
  #12
mstad101
Registered User
 
mstad101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 3,510
vCash: 500
Going by the outline provided above.

Mason Raymond (post injury and playing some games)
Cody Hodgson
Van's 1st


Morrow wouldn't be my first choice, but he'd be around for more than the playoff run, giving more incentive for Vancouver's position. Given the fact we have Higgins Sturm and Samuelsson who can play that 2nd line wing, and 2 being UFA after the season, I don't see why the future cap would be much of a problem even after the coming season.
But wouldn't any of this require Morrow to waive a NTC?

mstad101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 07:32 PM
  #13
NYVanfan
Registered User
 
NYVanfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Going by the outline provided above.

Mason Raymond (post injury and playing some games)
Cody Hodgson
Van's 1st


Morrow wouldn't be my first choice, but he'd be around for more than the playoff run, giving more incentive for Vancouver's position. Given the fact we have Higgins Sturm and Samuelsson who can play that 2nd line wing, and 2 being UFA after the season, I don't see why the future cap would be much of a problem even after the coming season.
But wouldn't any of this require Morrow to waive a NTC?
too much, IMO
would love to have this guy (or Doan) on the Canucks, but would think 2 of those 3 things would get it done, maybe with a lesser prospect thrown in

NYVanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 07:35 PM
  #14
Nuckles
Bim Jenning
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Benning's empty head
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,459
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstad101 View Post
Going by the outline provided above.

Mason Raymond (post injury and playing some games)
Cody Hodgson
Van's 1st


Morrow wouldn't be my first choice, but he'd be around for more than the playoff run, giving more incentive for Vancouver's position. Given the fact we have Higgins Sturm and Samuelsson who can play that 2nd line wing, and 2 being UFA after the season, I don't see why the future cap would be much of a problem even after the coming season.
But wouldn't any of this require Morrow to waive a NTC?
That's too much.
Replace Hodgson with Schroeder, and the 1st rounder with a 2nd and a later pick (4th/5th rounder). Maybe add a lesser prospect as well.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 08:01 PM
  #15
Ogi1Kenobi
Registered User
 
Ogi1Kenobi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,323
vCash: 500
Mason Raymond is such a bad fit in Dallas. Aside from his injury (which already drops his value), I cannot see him meshing well with Ribiero. Raymond has too much speed burn and Ribeiro likes to slow the pace to pull of some crazy pass. Not a good fit.

We also have to remember that Morrow is not a UFA, he's got 2 years on that contract (one more if he gets traded at the deadline) at a very reasonable 4.1 cap hit. He's got the playoff experience and brings a ton of intangibles, and if a team offers GMJN as a package it must include a 1st rounder, top prospect (centerman), and a roster player. The price is steep, but that's how valuable Morrow is to the Dallas organization. GMJN is going to charge a high price for his captain.

That might sound crazy, but if this team was in a full rebuild, Brenden Morrow might be the only vet Joe keeps around if he can't find a good package.

Ogi1Kenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 08:10 PM
  #16
Winroba
Keep Calm, Kassi On
 
Winroba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Vancouver
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,517
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogi1Kenobi View Post
Mason Raymond is such a bad fit in Dallas. Aside from his injury (which already drops his value), I cannot see him meshing well with Ribiero. Raymond has too much speed burn and Ribeiro likes to slow the pace to pull of some crazy pass. Not a good fit.

We also have to remember that Morrow is not a UFA, he's got 2 years on that contract (one more if he gets traded at the deadline) at a very reasonable 4.1 cap hit. He's got the playoff experience and brings a ton of intangibles, and if a team offers GMJN as a package it must include a 1st rounder, top prospect (centerman), and a roster player. The price is steep, but that's how valuable Morrow is to the Dallas organization. GMJN is going to charge a high price for his captain.

That might sound crazy, but if this team was in a full rebuild, Brenden Morrow might be the only vet Joe keeps around if he can't find a good package.
Canucks are a fast team, Gillis likes guys to be mobile. Also, aside from Raymond the only guy that could be moved out of our top 6 is Samuelsson and he's old.

Burrows won't be moved, Samuelsson is one of the only guys with a cup ring and Higgins just got re-signed

Winroba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:12 PM
  #17
glovesave_35
Name
 
glovesave_35's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: South Korea
Country: United States
Posts: 16,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple A Day Kari View Post
Dallas losing him means they lose grit, goals, captain, mentor, and cup champ. I don't know what the price tag looks like but I can certainly see why teams that are close would love to have him.
Hmm, not quite. The rest is obviously all true though and I don't see him getting dealt.

glovesave_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:40 PM
  #18
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,698
vCash: 500
I'd consider moving Hodgson and a 1st, but I'm reluctant. That would be the best offer the Canucks could make, we don't want to move a roster player.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:45 PM
  #19
Nuckles
Bim Jenning
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Benning's empty head
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,459
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I'd consider moving Hodgson and a 1st, but I'm reluctant. That would be the best offer the Canucks could make, we don't want to move a roster player.
We'd have to unless we want to be over the cap. I'm really reluctant in moving Hodgson.
If Henrik or Kesler goes does with an injury, Hodgson would be a better type of player to fill in instead of Malhotra or Lappy.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:48 PM
  #20
ScubaSteve*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Now is the time to trade Morrow. His value is only going to diminish as he continues to age, so after his career year last year, you're never going to get more for him than you will now. The Stars aren't anywhere close to being contenders, anyway. I would kill to get a Schroeder + 1st package from Vancouver for Morrow.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:49 PM
  #21
ScubaSteve*
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple A Day Kari View Post
Dallas losing him means they lose grit, goals, captain, mentor, and cup champ.
Morrow does not have a Cup.

ScubaSteve* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:50 PM
  #22
Nullus Reverentia
Registered User
 
Nullus Reverentia's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The Periphery
Country: Lord Howe Island
Posts: 17,446
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Now is the time to trade Morrow. His value is only going to diminish as he continues to age, so after his career year last year, you're never going to get more for him than you will now. The Stars aren't anywhere close to being contenders, anyway. I would kill to get a Schroeder + 1st package from Vancouver for Morrow.
Then Benn will be our only gritty top 6 player left, and you said he's awful so he must be, what would we do?

Nullus Reverentia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-20-2011, 11:52 PM
  #23
Luck 6
\\_______
 
Luck 6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 7,698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuckles37 View Post
We'd have to unless we want to be over the cap. I'm really reluctant in moving Hodgson.
If Henrik or Kesler goes does with an injury, Hodgson would be a better type of player to fill in instead of Malhotra or Lappy.
I can't do capgeek cuz I'm on my phone, but I'm pretty sure we could fit Morrow in without moving a roster player. We definitely could with Raymond on LTIR, and who knows who may be injured by the time he gets back.

Luck 6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 12:02 AM
  #24
Nuckles
Bim Jenning
 
Nuckles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Benning's empty head
Country: Canada
Posts: 20,459
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luck 6 View Post
I can't do capgeek cuz I'm on my phone, but I'm pretty sure we could fit Morrow in without moving a roster player. We definitely could with Raymond on LTIR, and who knows who may be injured by the time he gets back.
On capgeek it says the Canucks have $3,876,667 in cap space, but we have to re-sign Hansen still, and it has Ebbett, Mancari, and Sulzer on the team, but not Hodgson or Tanev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
I would kill to get a Schroeder + 1st package from Vancouver for Morrow.
As a Canucks fan, I'd do that.

Nuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 12:09 AM
  #25
keslerburrows
Registered User
 
keslerburrows's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Vernon, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,913
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaSteve View Post
Now is the time to trade Morrow. His value is only going to diminish as he continues to age, so after his career year last year, you're never going to get more for him than you will now. The Stars aren't anywhere close to being contenders, anyway. I would kill to get a Schroeder + 1st package from Vancouver for Morrow.
OK!? But we would have to give you Raymond/Sammuelson for it to work under the cap...

keslerburrows is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:42 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.