HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Lansdowne Redevelopment

Old
08-25-2011, 07:52 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

vCash: 500
Patience is key here. One way or another the shovels will be going in the ground next spring, there is no way they will let it drag on to next summer.

Shanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Alfieghetti
inflamed

Well if there is one thing we can all agree on, it's that the CFL is a clown show. Glad to see it. For the record, I live in the glebe, and support OSEG, but I wish they'd put a big dog park or possibly a go-cart track in.

Alfieghetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 05:30 PM
hawthy

On an unrelated note, can someone give me the path to put people on an ignore list? I assume the forum has said function.

Please and thank you.

hawthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieghetti View Post
Well if there is one thing we can all agree on, it's that the CFL is a clown show. Glad to see it. For the record, I live in the glebe, and support OSEG, but I wish they'd put a big dog park or possibly a go-cart track in.
Actually, I think it's been made quite clear here repeatedly that people strongly disagree. Why do you keep posting crap like this?...are you seriously just trying to troll or do you actually consider yourself to be adding something constructive to the thread?

Last edited by Shanny: 08-25-2011 at 06:05 PM.
Old
08-25-2011, 06:32 PM
Senator67s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfieghetti View Post
Actually, I believe it is you that is the clown show.

Senator67s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 06:37 PM
LadyM
I ain't even mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawthy View Post
On an unrelated note, can someone give me the path to put people on an ignore list? I assume the forum has said function.

Please and thank you.
, press on "User CP" (top of the page). Scroll down to “Settings & Options” -> then you’ll see “Edit Ignore list”. Type in the users handle & you’re good to go.

LadyM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Apaharn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanny View Post
Actually, I think it's been made quite clear here repeatedly that people strongly disagree. Why do you keep posting crap like this?...are you seriously just trying to troll or do you actually consider yourself to be adding something constructive to the thread?
This person is doing both (i.e. trolling and being a contrarian for its own sake.)

And now it is time for a lullaby by the FoL:

Apaharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 08:10 PM
pepty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apaharn View Post
This person is doing both (i.e. trolling and being a contrarian for its own sake.)

]
Strange dreams indeed.

pepty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 08:57 PM
Tyskie
#Lehnsanity

Quote:

Can't. Stop. Laughing.

Tyskie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 10:48 PM
Canadian91

Quote:

Funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Canadian91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-25-2011, 11:47 PM
v-man

Nice to see that my preconceived notion of what the FoL look like is bang on the money.

v-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:32 AM
FlapjackSilver

Hipster 1: Woaahh mann..

I just got an Idea..

We should write a song in peaceful protest, then take it to the street like we did in the '60's!

Hipster 2: .... what? Don't kill the rotation!

FlapjackSilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 07:38 AM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Quote:

hehe...I briefly worked for the Folk Festival a few years ago, use to work with the tall guy on the right (actually a really nice guy), and probably met a bunch of these other people at one point or another.

It was an all out aging hippy fest everyday I worked there, I stuck out like a sore thumb blaring dnb from my office while they were playing banjo's in the other room.

Anyway, one thing is for sure is these people are beyond stuck in there ways and most of them love the smell of there own farts...hehe I'm not to shocked there using the spite card here.

Edit: Come to think of it they probably want that Park so they can move the Folk Festival from Brittania to there own backyard.

Last edited by JonnyMacSen: 08-26-2011 at 11:04 AM.
JonnyMacSen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 09:53 AM
Shanny
Coming In Hot

Quote:

I'll never look at the Glebe the same again...

Old
08-26-2011, 10:37 AM
corksens

Can not WAIT for Landsdowne to start. I can only imagine the fun that will start then.

I can certainly see these losers chaining themselves to some trees. Perhaps we can convince them to chain themselves under the stands.

corksens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 10:46 AM
hawthy

That video....I have no words....

hawthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 10:56 AM
Fozz

That video explains the strange yet sweet smells I noticed the last time a went walking in the Glebe.

Anyway...
I say let them have their pretty little quiet park and move the whole thing, stadium included in that big empty space next to Hurdman station. That location is much better and much, much more accessible.

Last edited by Fozz: 08-26-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 11:36 AM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
That video explains the strange yet sweet smells I noticed the last time a went walking in the Glebe.

Anyway...
I say let them have their pretty little quiet park and move the whole thing, stadium included in that big empty space next to Hurdman station. That location is much better and much, much more accessible.
The thing is there are some that don't just want a nice little park they want a central park some go as far as saying it could be a world class attraction.

wjhl2009fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 12:00 PM
Fozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
The thing is there are some that don't just want a nice little park they want a central park some go as far as saying it could be a world class attraction.
Why would that world class attraction have to be located there? It's just not a very good location and Hurdman is central.

Fozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 12:16 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozz View Post
Why would that world class attraction have to be located there? It's just not a very good location and Hurdman is central.
Thats the thing some aginst landsdown live claim its not a good spot etc but then turn around and say landsdown could be a world class attraction it could be our central park.

Old
08-26-2011, 12:55 PM
corksens

One bit of logic I've simply never understood...

Glebe residents appear to be against big box stores and big grocery stores. They say it will kill the small businesses on Bank St. Why?

If all of the Glebe residents simply keep doing what they do today those businesses won't suffer at all. If anything, the increased traffic of consumers coming into the area for the new development (even if it is for the big box types) will eventually trickle down to the smaller, independent shops.

I can't for a second figure out why those local shops will suffer.

corksens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 01:06 PM
ChocolateLeclaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksens View Post

Glebe residents appear to be against big box stores and big grocery stores. They say it will kill the small businesses on Bank St. Why?

If all of the Glebe residents simply keep doing what they do today those businesses won't suffer at all. If anything, the increased traffic of consumers coming into the area for the new development (even if it is for the big box types) will eventually trickle down to the smaller, independent shops.

Did you not watch the video that was just posted in this thread? Through granola-munchin' morons have no idea what they're complaining about.

ChocolateLeclaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 01:11 PM
Apaharn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateLeclaire View Post
Did you not watch the video that was just posted in this thread? Through granola-munchin' morons have no idea what they're complaining about.
Of course they do.

Think Lord of the Rings: They are the hobbits and live in The Shire, OSEG is the Eye of Sauron, City Hall is Saruman, and sports fans are the Uruk-Hai.

Apaharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-26-2011, 02:41 PM
wjhl2009fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by corksens View Post

This is what does not sit well with me some say there aginst landsdown live because of the lack of a open competition yet some don't seem to want any competition in the glebe in terms of big stores.

Old
08-26-2011, 02:57 PM
AlwaysSens

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjhl2009fan View Post
This is what does not sit well with me some say there aginst landsdown live because of the lack of a open competition yet some don't seem to want any competition in the glebe in terms of big stores.
Wohhhhhh! You just blew my mind mannnnnn!

AlwaysSens is offline   Reply With Quote