HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Santorelli, Matthias, Dadonov

Old
07-03-2011, 07:24 AM
Mogo
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 814
Santorelli, Matthias, Dadonov

What's gonna happen with these guys? Will there (Santorelli, Matthias) agent's try to play hardball for more money because we threw big $$$ at UFA's? They shouldn't do that but you never know. Expecially with Matthias he doesn't have much to argue with why would he make more.

Dadonov is signed but where does he fit? He has to be win a roster spot. Santorelli once signed is the only guy of these 3 who is guaranteed a roster spot (unless we make a move for a center)

Question is... Can Matthias and Dadonov be sent down to AHL without waivers? If they can't it would be HUGE mistake to waive these guys. I hope we don't go down that route. Could we see Matthias/Santorelli + Dadonov packaged for a center?

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 08:07 AM
Adamg0013

vCash: 500
Santorelli... Staying... Dadonov... staying.... Matthias.. probable traded of doomed to the Minors, the addition a Bradley is for the 4th line and probable won't play every game... a rotation will be made depending on what team we are playing, i think you can have 23 players we have 21.... Making room for Santorelli, and Matthias but with young players trying to break the team roster the best 23 wins, who ever doesn't win minors or traded for picks, I believe Santorelli is the safest, Dadonov just because of his skill is some what safe... but i just don't see any room for Matthias

Adamg0013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 09:08 AM
RainingRats

We better sign Santorelli. He produced pretty well and bumped Grabner off the team. With a year of NHL experience under his belt he should be more confident and confidence equals more production. He's the second line center. We are weak down the middle and he's the second best center we have.

Mathias is going to fight for a spot on the third or fourth line. But chemistry matters a lot so if he can show offensive production with top6 guys then maybe he gets a shot in the top 6. I see him as a fourth line player, probably playing center.

Dadonov has to be in the top 6 or he needs to go to the AHL because he doesn't have the type of game that plays well in the bottom 6.

RainingRats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 09:28 AM
J17 Vs Proclamation

Send a message via MSN to J17 Vs Proclamation
If you send Dadonov down to the AHL, he'll be gone back to the KHL. It's NHL or nothing for him at this point and who could blame him?

Matthias? Who really cares. The kid will be an NHL player, but would you lose any sleep if we lost him?

J17 Vs Proclamation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 09:47 AM
Two4Fighting

So, is Samsonov the odd man out?

Two4Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Mogo
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two4Fighting View Post
So, is Samsonov the odd man out?
He's a UFA. No chance of him coming back

Mogo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 11:12 AM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
He's a UFA. No chance of him coming back
Nope... Samsonov will be back. MR said so.

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:09 PM
Two4Fighting

Disappointed about Samsonov, He seemed to fit right in.

Two4Fighting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:19 PM
Gudbranson44

keep a 23 man roster is what I want us to do. why must we strive to be at the lower limit? use healthy scratching as a way of lighting a fire under players arses when they arent paying well enough, as well as an insurance for injuries

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:23 PM
Erick*

Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post
If you send Dadonov down to the AHL, he'll be gone back to the KHL. It's NHL or nothing for him at this point and who could blame him?

Matthias? Who really cares. The kid will be an NHL player, but would you lose any sleep if we lost him?
This.

Erick* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:29 PM
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by J17 Vs Proclamation View Post

I agree. Somebody will have to step up their game to replace his 6 huge goals.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Holy Jokinen

I just realized how much we have riding on that second line center spot. Santorelli put up 20 goals and looked very good most of the year, though he had a drought towards the end and had some questions defensively, but for his first full year in the NHL, i think he did much better than expected. But in order for our top 6 to be viable, we need a 2nd line center (on our team... i'm not saying Weiss is a definite top line center, just on our team he is) who can produce. So here's to hoping that he produces because i can't think of anyone else that could slot into that role except maybe Matthias, but i'd have more questions about him than Santorelli, not to say that he couldn't do it.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 02:02 PM
CatscratchFever
#CatsAreComing

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to CatscratchFever
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Jokinen View Post
I just realized how much we have riding on that second line center spot. Santorelli put up 20 goals and looked very good most of the year, though he had a drought towards the end and had some questions defensively, but for his first full year in the NHL, i think he did much better than expected. But in order for our top 6 to be viable, we need a 2nd line center (on our team... i'm not saying Weiss is a definite top line center, just on our team he is) who can produce. So here's to hoping that he produces because i can't think of anyone else that could slot into that role except maybe Matthias, but i'd have more questions about him than Santorelli, not to say that he couldn't do it.
No, 1st line center is a more pressing issue. Get one of those, Weiss slides to where he SHOULD be, and it's all good. Not easy, you say, to get one? You'd be absolutely right, I just despise little Stephen playing there.

CatscratchFever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 02:14 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
What's gonna happen with these guys? Will there (Santorelli, Matthias) agent's try to play hardball for more money because we threw big $$$ at UFA's? They shouldn't do that but you never know. Expecially with Matthias he doesn't have much to argue with why would he make more.

Dadonov is signed but where does he fit? He has to be win a roster spot. Santorelli once signed is the only guy of these 3 who is guaranteed a roster spot (unless we make a move for a center)

Question is... Can Matthias and Dadonov be sent down to AHL without waivers? If they can't it would be HUGE mistake to waive these guys. I hope we don't go down that route. Could we see Matthias/Santorelli + Dadonov packaged for a center?
UFA signings don't affect RFA signings. Teams know RFA's like Santo and Matthias have no leverage. Dadonov will most likely win a roster spot. He scored at 0.5 ppg for us last year. He's too skilled not to make it IMO but Tallon signed Bradley just in case he has a bad camp IMO.

Dadonov can be sent down without waivers, not Matthias. Matthias is an NHL player though.

Dread Clawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 02:15 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamg0013 View Post
Santorelli... Staying... Dadonov... staying.... Matthias.. probable traded of doomed to the Minors, the addition a Bradley is for the 4th line and probable won't play every game... a rotation will be made depending on what team we are playing, i think you can have 23 players we have 21.... Making room for Santorelli, and Matthias but with young players trying to break the team roster the best 23 wins, who ever doesn't win minors or traded for picks, I believe Santorelli is the safest, Dadonov just because of his skill is some what safe... but i just don't see any room for Matthias
Unless they bring in another center, Matthias has a spot.

Old
07-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
Nope... Samsonov will be back. MR said so.

Anyways I already ate the crow, remember? You're displaying bad HFboards etiquette.

Old
07-03-2011, 02:52 PM
Pantherfan12

Quote:

I don't think either of Santorelli or Dadanov should be traded, nor should they lose their roster spots. I understand all the players we just signed but we can't be replacing the talent who IS producing on our squad because we have to show some loyalty to our players who are producing. Same with Weiss and Booth,both shouldnt even be thought of as trade bait because of the loyalty and respect they show to the team and proxide.

I'd still like to aquire Stamkos from Tampa, with a big contract and figure out the rest of the roster.

Also, Gudbranson deserves a shot to be on the Panthers and not in the AHL.

Pantherfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Holy Jokinen

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatscratchFever View Post
No, 1st line center is a more pressing issue. Get one of those, Weiss slides to where he SHOULD be, and it's all good. Not easy, you say, to get one? You'd be absolutely right, I just despise little Stephen playing there.
As i said, i'm not saying Weiss is a viable 1st line center, but on this team going into this season, he'll work there just fine.

I think it's pretty obvious we're not going to go out and acquire a first line center this season. We're probably saving that for Huberdeau, whenever he's ready for the task. So i was simply saying that since Weiss will be in that top line spot, our second center has a lot riding on him to ensure that we have at least two lines that are capable of scoring somewhat consistently.

Holy Jokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 04:11 PM
BabyJagrov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markstrom Rules View Post

Anyways I already ate the crow, remember? You're displaying bad HFboards etiquette.
What's that ? Hilarious !

Come on man, don't take it personally, I'm teasing you a bit because I like you and your opinions !

Just not the same as mine sometimes which leads to some "heated" arguments.

But don't be mad.

I don't remember you eating the crow, I've been kind of away since the draft (lot of airports, flights, works and all) so I didn't follow the board that much, but I'll gladly apologize to you.

You're rude on the bad HFboards etiquette ? What's that ?

Back on topic... I loved all the signings Tallon made in free-agency. But I'm left wondering like you guys, what we will do with Santorelli, Matthias and Dadonov !

Evgeny must have a spot, Santorelli should be our second-line center (which along with Theodore being our number one, it is one of my only fear coming in training camp) and Matthias... Well really, with the signing of Bradley and all our depth, I'm left wondering what the future holds for Matthias and Skille.

Skille is a Tallon guy so he should be with us in the future... Santorelli is a Santos guy so same for him... But Matthias is from the old-regime and even if I support the kid and till think he could break-out in a "big-way", I just don't see a spot for Shawn going forward... That's too bad !

BabyJagrov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Dread Clawz
Auston Matthews USA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BabyJagrov View Post
What's that ? Hilarious !

Come on man, don't take it personally, I'm teasing you a bit because I like you and your opinions !

Just not the same as mine sometimes which leads to some "heated" arguments.

But don't be mad.

I don't remember you eating the crow, I've been kind of away since the draft (lot of airports, flights, works and all) so I didn't follow the board that much, but I'll gladly apologize to you.

You're rude on the bad HFboards etiquette ? What's that ?

Back on topic... I loved all the signings Tallon made in free-agency. But I'm left wondering like you guys, what we will do with Santorelli, Matthias and Dadonov !

Evgeny must have a spot, Santorelli should be our second-line center (which along with Theodore being our number one, it is one of my only fear coming in training camp) and Matthias... Well really, with the signing of Bradley and all our depth, I'm left wondering what the future holds for Matthias and Skille.

Skille is a Tallon guy so he should be with us in the future... Santorelli is a Santos guy so same for him... But Matthias is from the old-regime and even if I support the kid and till think he could break-out in a "big-way", I just don't see a spot for Shawn going forward... That's too bad !
Heh I'm not mad. Just busting. The vid is a spin off from this...

then it became this

and then it became this

and then it became this

and so on lol

Old
07-05-2011, 04:05 PM
Montsy14

hfialkov Harvey Fialkov
#Panthers haven't confirmed signings of RFAs today. Santorelli-Matthias may go thru arbitration
7 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Montsy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 05:15 PM
jessebelanger

letting matthias go would be a mistake..guy is ready to contribute

jessebelanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-05-2011, 06:45 PM
jakethesnake23

Don't need Matthias... His Junior Career is very overrated. Didn't score much, outside of his 1 good playoff run. I think he physically grew quicker than the guys around him which made him look better than he actually was. Now hes in the pros, against much bigger and physically mature players, he's being exposed as an average, average player. Ill take him on the 4th line if their is no other option, but I dont see him developing into anything more.

jakethesnake23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-06-2011, 02:28 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Matthias is always improving. He's a keeper, and now that he has a chance at better chemistry, I think we'll continue to see him get better.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 07:12 PM
Raptactics29

I didn't want to start a new thread but is there any word on Shawn Matthias re-signing? Any word on what's going on with him at all? I'm not a Bulls fan but I really hated when my Knights played them in Matthias' tenure.. he was a pain to play against. I really respected his junior career and feel he is about to break out.

Any info would be appreciated, thanks

Raptactics29 is offline   Reply With Quote