HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Notices

The Official new Logo and Jersey Thread - Part II (Logo released)

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2011, 02:43 PM
blues10

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jet228 View Post
Yeah, it was the Jets Store. Seems to be a running theme in the NHL. I wonder if it's an NHL Central Marketing directive. Edmonton has "The Oilers Store" and Nashville has "The Predators Store".

Anyone else with insight on other teams?
Phoenix has the "Coyotes Den"

Old
07-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Mr. Canucklehead
Mod Supervisor
Kitimat Canuck

Vancouver has "The Canucks Team Store", including a few outlets in downtown Vancouver apart from the arena.

Old
07-21-2011, 02:49 PM
PuckNerd

Columbus has "The Blueline", also I'm hoping the one guy's source is right and the blue for the Jets is royal, I prefer a lighter blue.

Old
07-21-2011, 02:54 PM
WaxBlue74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
If you want an authentic NHL Jersey to to http://shop.canada.nhl.com/category/...goryId=3169596

Once the Jersey is released I/m sure you can get one here... The one place you would think would have the Jerseys is NHL.com
Was thinking that, but in-store would be quicker and easier, plus if NHL.com does have any in stock right away, im sure theyd quickly get sold out. Whatever method becomes easier once the merch is released is what ill go for

Old
07-21-2011, 03:00 PM
Hammer Slammer
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mijet View Post
Columbus has "The Blueline", also I'm hoping the one guy's source is right and the blue for the Jets is royal, I prefer a lighter blue.
I like royal blue. I was pleasantly surprised when the Bombers had their 70s retro week and would be equally excited if the colour was in the Jets jerseys.

Old
07-21-2011, 03:04 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
NHL.com's jersey customization is the insanely lame and cheap silk screen names and numbers.

If you want the straight jersey, it's fine. Otherwise, stay away.

Old
07-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoogs View Post
NHL.com's jersey customization is the insanely lame and cheap silk screen names and numbers.

I'm happy with my Team Canada jersey from NHL.COM. It was customized, stitched on lettering and numbers, not silk screen. I'm pretty sure all their customization is stitched lettering and numbers? I mean it should be, it adds $70 onto the cost of the jersey.

Old
07-21-2011, 03:07 PM
N4Z3M LUPUL

Quote:

what do you mean by cheap silk screen?

Old
07-21-2011, 03:15 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1771 View Post
what do you mean by cheap silk screen?
I think he means when you go to NHL.Com and order a t-shirt or sweater with custom lettering on it. They silk screen the letters/numbers onto it, which just means it's like a latex paint on the fabric.

For the replica or authentic jerseys though, they stitch the numbers and letters on, using the appropriate materials. They're fine, the quality is exactly the same as any jersey that was produced with a pre-determined player on it.

It goes without saying to avoid knock-offs. I've owned several, from different sources, NFL and NHL, and the stitching is sloppy and often goes in/out of the letter/number borders, the numbers often aren't flat and bubble up, things are slightly misaligned, letters unevenly spaced, tags are only half stitched on, colors are off, and they use inferior materials.

Anything less than $120 is probably a knock-off. Most of the stuff on Ebay is a knock-off. You probably can't spot a knock-off from 30 feet away but after awhile you can spot one closer than that, and they just look terrible, and you end up looking cheap. The real deal jerseys have pristine stitching and alignment, stiff numbers and letters, and spot-on colors.

Even the best knock-offs have several flaws, and I don't buy them anymore. Don't be fooled by tags or holograms: knock off shops have access to all those.

Last edited by Turbofan: 07-21-2011 at 03:28 PM.
Old
07-21-2011, 03:19 PM
N4Z3M LUPUL

ok thanks!, im probably ordering both a T-Shirt and jersey though. although the "silk screen" won't atter to me as long as its on the T-Shirt.

Old
07-21-2011, 03:29 PM
HVPOLARBEARS19

Send a message via AIM to HVPOLARBEARS19 Send a message via MSN to HVPOLARBEARS19
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
Hey dudes,

I was just on lunch walking through the MTS centre and saw a crew redoing the Moose mural in the skywalk.....I took a picture of the new jets logo and uploaded it
here

Man is it awesome.
DAMN YOU!

Old
07-21-2011, 03:34 PM
Scoogs

Send a message via MSN to Scoogs
They might have just changed it, actually.

I remember others reporting, and me reading before I was about to order a jersey that the numbers and name would be "silk-screened", so I cancelled my order.

Old
07-21-2011, 03:38 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylan1771 View Post
ok thanks!, im probably ordering both a T-Shirt and jersey though. although the "silk screen" won't atter to me as long as its on the T-Shirt.
Yep, the custom jerseys are great. It's expensive ($80 + cost of a blank jersey), so don't bother if you're going to get a popular player on the back.

I will guess that Ladd, Kane, and Byfuglien jerseys will probably be readily available in stores. It wouldn't make much sense to order a custom Ladd jersey for and get essentially the exact same product for a higher price.

Burmistrov, however...probably not so common...

Last edited by Turbofan: 07-21-2011 at 03:50 PM.
Old
07-21-2011, 03:42 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:

I remember others reporting, and me reading before I was about to order a jersey that the numbers and name would be "silk-screened", so I cancelled my order.
Ah, it probably depends on the type of jersey you order:

http://shop.nhl.com/include/jerseyguide.jsp

Old
07-21-2011, 03:45 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Noise View Post
I forget but wasn't that the name of the old Jet store in Polo Park or did it just have the logo on the front. Not that that's important but Jets Store just doesn't seem very creative. Something like the Mile High Club or Landing Strip as other posters suggested would be much more creative. The Hanger was a good one as well.

-37-
The Landing Strip is a fine beverage serving establishment by the Toronto airport. It is like walking into a Playboy magazine.

Old
07-21-2011, 03:50 PM
PensFan6687

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I like royal blue. I was pleasantly surprised when the Bombers had their 70s retro week and would be equally excited if the colour was in the Jets jerseys.

We can be like Pittsburgh and have continuity in the cities big sport teams colour branding. Blue for how big and blue our open skies are in the city landscape, and the gold could be representative of the golden boy. I'm in! Great idea!

Old
07-21-2011, 03:56 PM
Theron
#beauty

Send a message via ICQ to Theron Send a message via AIM to Theron Send a message via MSN to Theron Send a message via Yahoo to Theron Send a message via Skype™ to Theron
Quote:

yeah they changed it. Last time they had free customization I remember telling people to be cautious.. when they recieved their jerseys they were fine - turns out nhl used coolhockey.com for the customization. Coolhockey is great - got a couple jerseys from them and their perfect.

Old
07-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Big McLargehuge
Buff Drinklots

vCash: 422
Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFalcon View Post
Oh yeah the Robogriffin is just so over-the-top, and well-drawn, so I like that one too. Kids would eat that logo up. They'd have to have a matching mascot.

I feel you can get a little crazier and less traditional when it comes to concepts for minor-league teams.
Definitely. Love the Robo-Griffin for the minors, but it would be beyond miserable for the NHL.

Tradition is so hard to find in the minors. The rare teams that have them are quite welcome to stay with/keep going with simpler/classy designs (Rochester Amerks for one...Hershey up until their re-design was glorious, even with that stupid bear logo the jerseys are simplistic and nice)...but that tradition just isn't there when minor league teams skip around so often. The quirky teams are often the ones that sell their brand the best...and profits can be tough to come by in the minors. I doubt any serious baseball mind in Albuquerque wanted their minor league club to be named after a Simpsons episode...but Albuquerque Isotopes is a far more marketable name than the Albuquerque Dukes ever could have been.

That's how you get stuff like the Montgomery Biscuits.

“The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile, but that it is indifferent. If we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death, our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light.” - Stanley Kubrick
http://sprites.pokecheck.org/i/054.gif
Old
07-21-2011, 04:04 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 635
As far as the talk about who will be selling Jerseys. I've been informed by the head manager at Sportchek polo park that they are getting in 500 plus replica jerseys ranging in price range. I took a look at the moose replicas they have and compared it to the authenitc ones I have. Considering the authentic are like 300 bucks, the replicas are a great value. Either way I might be getting mine from NHL.com

Old
07-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

I was going back and forth as to which player to get.

So, I ask you, if I were to get Steen (25) on a new Jets jersey, is that a crime against the hockey gods? Pass or fail?

Old
07-21-2011, 04:12 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

Quote:

So, I ask you, if I were to get Steen (25) on a new Jets jersey, is that a crime against the hockey gods? Pass or fail?
I say fail
You need the right era jersey to go with the name IMO

Most Valuable Player
Most Valuable Player
Old
07-21-2011, 04:13 PM
AugustBurnsRed*
Invisible Calls

Steen never wore that jersey so it seems stupid.

Old
07-21-2011, 04:14 PM
Hollywood3
Bison/Jet Fan

Quote:

I might get a Hull 9 if Kane wears it.

Old
07-21-2011, 04:18 PM
blues10

Quote:

Fail, even Hull and Hawerchuk on the Jets jersey of the 90's seems like a fail to me as they never wore that style of jersey. If you want to stand out get a Stapleton Jets jersey.

Old
07-21-2011, 04:23 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 157
If enough people got a jersey with 'Suter' on it....would he have no choice but to "be nice and sign in Winnipeg" next year?

Closed Thread