HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Winnipeg Jets
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Official new Logo and Jersey Thread - Part II (Logo released)

Closed Thread

Old
07-21-2011, 05:29 PM
Chessarmy
Its a Marty Party

vCash: 500
Quote:
Hey dudes,

I was just on lunch walking through the MTS centre and saw a crew redoing the Moose mural in the skywalk.....I took a picture of the new jets logo and uploaded it
here

Man is it awesome.
Hey, thats my design! Hope you guys liked it, took all night.

Old
07-21-2011, 05:45 PM
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13

vCash: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mohaj View Post
Hey dudes,

I was just on lunch walking through the MTS centre and saw a crew redoing the Moose mural in the skywalk.....I took a picture of the new jets logo and uploaded it
here

Man is it awesome.
Pfff, way to go, Winnipeg. Right off the bat you go and rip off the old Colorado Rockies:

Come up with your own logo design!

Old
07-21-2011, 06:09 PM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Hammer Slammer
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Pfff, way to go, Winnipeg. Right off the bat you go and rip off the old Colorado Rockies:

TNSE can't do anything right.

Old
07-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Mossy Oak
Noted.

If the logo was scheduled to be released tomorrow, wouldn't there be some sort of announcement of a scheduled press conference to introduce the logo?

07-21-2011, 10:47 PM
TheFlyingV
Anatidaephobia

I have a horrible feeling that you guys are going to have an ugly logo/uniform.

Old
07-21-2011, 10:58 PM
King Woodballs
MVP! MVP! MVP!

vCash: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
If the logo was scheduled to be released tomorrow, wouldn't there be some sort of announcement of a scheduled press conference to introduce the logo?
tomorrow morning maybe?

if it isnt tomorrow then it will be the end of next week is my complete wild guess.

Old
07-21-2011, 11:11 PM
Jet
Band of Beavers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guerzy View Post
Yeah I find that odd too. I guess we will find out tomorrow.

07-21-2011, 11:27 PM
KingsKnight
"ICE to see you"

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post

With the new colors, it looks nothing like the rockies logo!

Old
07-21-2011, 11:29 PM
PostmanPat1919

The thing about this is that logos and jerseys can be changed in the future. The name and branding of the team is a lot more difficult. What matters here is that the team is called the Winnipeg Jets and any errors made with the jerseys and logo here can be corrected.

Just be thankful that we aren't the Manitoba Polar Bears, because the jersey/logo reveal would have been a painful episode.

Old
07-21-2011, 11:33 PM
Magnus Fulgur

I never cared for the old Jets logo, but I liked the uniform. The Logo was good in so far as it didn't get in the way of the uniform style.

I am hoping that the new logo will grow on me like The Wild logo, since from what is being said in rumours it seems like a bit of a "conceptual" and symbolic logo that is supposed to evoke many things (Canada, Military, Jets, True North...and maybe even hockey!)

As long as the new logo is better than the horrible smirkin chicken "stupid little tornado" bird in a toilet bowl on top of a superman-ish crest logo, then it will be okay. My wish would be for the jet to look a tiny bit like the Thrashers T-Bird secondary logo...just a wee bit. Most fans preferred that logo, even the Thrashers players. The fact that Atlanta Spirit couldn't figure that out over the course of 12 years shows how inept they were.

Old
07-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Puffy

I really don't care. If the only way to save the Jets back in 1996 was to make the logo a piece of dog ****...I would have done it!

I'm just glad we have a team again. As long as the new logo isn't a picture of Brian Burke I will be happy!

Last edited by Jet: 07-22-2011 at 01:59 AM. Reason: Do not circumvent the profanity filter.
Old
07-21-2011, 11:51 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Quote:
Originally Posted by PostmanPat1919 View Post
The thing about this is that logos and jerseys can be changed in the future. The name and branding of the team is a lot more difficult. What matters here is that the team is called the Winnipeg Jets and any errors made with the jerseys and logo here can be corrected.

Just be thankful that we aren't the Manitoba Polar Bears, because the jersey/logo reveal would have been a painful episode.
Oh no doubt. Regardless of what shows up in the next few days, I bet there will be an updated logo and uniform in 5 years or so. And I'll buy that one too.

NHL teams are changing their uniforms, adding thirds, etc, so often now. Not nearly as bad as soccer teams, but it's certainly more frequent now than ever.

But the name...yep you can't fix that. You screw up the name initially and you're done.

Old
07-21-2011, 11:52 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
I like royal blue. I was pleasantly surprised when the Bombers had their 70s retro week and would be equally excited if the colour was in the Jets jerseys.

Yeah, this shade of blue really stands out. Do not want a dark navy color like the Blue Jackets have.

As I have said numerous times as well, the shade of blue that the St. John Sea Dogs use would be good too especially if we have silver incorporated in the color scheme.

Old
07-21-2011, 11:59 PM
Turbofan
The Full 60 Minutes

Well, if the basis for the logo is indeed the RCAF roundel, then I would guess the blue of the jersey would match...which is a darker blue. Just guessing.

Old
07-22-2011, 12:02 AM
rim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnus Fulgur View Post
I never cared for the old Jets logo, but I liked the uniform. The Logo was good in so far as it didn't get in the way of the uniform style.

I am hoping that the new logo will grow on me like The Wild logo, since from what is being said in rumours it seems like a bit of a "conceptual" and symbolic logo that is supposed to evoke many things (Canada, Military, Jets, True North...and maybe even hockey!)

As long as the new logo is better than the horrible smirkin chicken "stupid little tornado" bird in a toilet bowl on top of a superman-ish crest logo, then it will be okay. My wish would be for the jet to look a tiny bit like the Thrashers T-Bird secondary logo...just a wee bit. Most fans preferred that logo, even the Thrashers players. The fact that Atlanta Spirit couldn't figure that out over the course of 12 years shows how inept they were.
Totally agree with u. I'm just happy that we have a team, what ever they have for colors and logos I will be buying a jersey.

Old
07-22-2011, 12:04 AM
razorsedge
West Town Sports

Concerning screwing up the name being worst thing a franchise could do, I'd say the Toronto Raptors could take the prize for that.

I love the Bombers retro Royal Blue jersey but I think it only looks good with the gold striping. Any other color alongside the royal blue would be a fail. I hope the Jets blue is a darker shade of blue. Hopefully they went down to home depot a picked a few paint swatches before deciding. Plus i'd like to do my basement walls the team colors, and I like darker shades of blue.

Old
07-22-2011, 12:36 AM
WaxBlue74

Interesting trend in the league recently. Last year, of all the teams with 3rd jerseys, only 3 had the same logo as their normal home and away jerseys. The Flames, Oilers and Preds (although all 3 had color changes from original). All were respectable jerseys. Interesting too see how Jets logos turn out so that when a third is introduced, will they choose present, past, or a brand new logo?

Old
07-22-2011, 12:42 AM
bigwillie

Send a message via AIM to bigwillie
This is driving me absolutely crazy. And I'm a Sharks fan. I want to see the damn logo/jersey already!

I can't imagine what the anticipation is like for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jets87 View Post
I really don't care. If the only way to save the Jets back in 1996 was to make the logo a piece of dog 5hit...I would have done it!

I'm just glad we have a team again. As long as the new logo isn't a picture of Brian Burke I will be happy!

Old
07-22-2011, 12:56 AM
JETZZZ

more logos. unfortunately, im not very good with ms paint.

Last edited by JETZZZ: 02-06-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old
07-22-2011, 01:05 AM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwillie View Post
This is driving me absolutely crazy. And I'm a Sharks fan. I want to see the damn logo/jersey already!

I can't imagine what the anticipation is like for you guys.

We waited 15 years to get the team. We can wait until the logo.

Old
07-22-2011, 01:33 AM
soundjam

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinnipegFalcon View Post
Oh no doubt. Regardless of what shows up in the next few days, I bet there will be an updated logo and uniform in 5 years or so. And I'll buy that one too.

NHL teams are changing their uniforms, adding thirds, etc, so often now. Not nearly as bad as soccer teams, but it's certainly more frequent now than ever.

But the name...yep you can't fix that. You screw up the name initially and you're done.
As a Wild fan I fully agree with this. You gotta support your team, but adjectives should be avoided when naming sports franchises.

Old
07-22-2011, 02:40 AM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

I'm going to catch some z's and hope against all hope we get to see the logo tomorrow.

Old
07-22-2011, 02:46 AM
Hammer Slammer
Tayler Mayors

Quote:
@jbird_1
Jayson McLean
Unconfirmed: new Winnipeg Jets jerseys have been delivered to the MTS centre tonight.... we may at least see a logo soon!
1 hour ago
Don't know who this is, but it's intriguing if true.

Old
07-22-2011, 02:55 AM
Giglio NYR15
Section 417

Rangers fan here who has been checking this thread everyday for the last 3 weeks....cannot wait to see these jerseys/logo.

Old
07-22-2011, 02:57 AM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammer Slammer View Post
Don't know who this is, but it's intriguing if true.
Highly doubt that the new jerseys have been manufactured yet. But if the jerseys exist, we will see them tomorrow. I don't care if you have them under lock and key 24/7 you cannot risk some janitor snapping a picture and leaking a fully completed jerseys. I'm totally dismissing this tweet.

I do hope tomorrow is the day though to see the logo. Great way to head into the weekend if you ask me

Closed Thread