HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

LEAFS and EDM

Old
07-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Slatsmsg

vCash: 370
Huge no from the Oil

Slatsmsg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:05 PM
agropop

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by harpie View Post
Look i can understand why neither team would do this trade.
Both Schenn and Eberle are gonna be special players,but to claim that Kulemin is better than Eberle is absurb.
Again, it really isn't.

agropop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:09 PM
thinkinfeller

Quote:
Both Schenn and Eberle are gonna be special players,but to claim that Kulemin is better than Eberle is absurb.
Eberle may have a higher offensive ceiling, but at this point.... Kulemin is better.

Eberle is a terrific hockey player, but Toronto is already pretty deep on the right side (Kessel, Kulemin) so this deal would make no sense for the Leafs. As far as the OP goes, Schenn for Eberle straight up is very close in terms of value, even if neither fanbase wants to admit it.

thinkinfeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:15 PM
PETRYDISH

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by stavs View Post
lolol now you've gone too far. Love how you pull these random fractions out of your ass too. i had a laugh with this one

kadri>>>tuebert AINEC, toronto gets shafted hard.
No need to be so hostile, not so surprising though considering your avatar. Anyways I'm not certain as to why you are laughing but I'm glad I can spread some joy. These fractions are thought about and they are a really effective way to rationalize the nuances of a trade. Kadri is better than Tuebert, I agree, but I believe Eberle is even that much better than Schenn.... To each their own I suppose; You know what they say, life is like a chocolate box, you don't know which one you'll get.

PETRYDISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETRYDISH View Post
As far as the fractions go on this one Schenn has 1/6 the offensive potential and although Eberle's defensive potential is 1/3 of Schenns it just doesn't add up for the Oilers on this one. The goalie really doesn't push it over the top because we have little need for a prospect goalie.

Now maybe add in Kadri and the Oilers add in a guy like Teubert (who Burke would love because he hits things) and we can make a deal here.
Well damn, for a guy with 180-240 point potential I drive Schenn to the airport myself!

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 09:21 PM
victor

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkinfeller View Post
Eberle may have a higher offensive ceiling, but at this point.... Kulemin is better.

Eberle is a terrific hockey player, but Toronto is already pretty deep on the right side (Kessel, Kulemin) so this deal would make no sense for the Leafs. As far as the OP goes, Schenn for Eberle straight up is very close in terms of value, even if neither fanbase wants to admit it.
I agree - although Eberle and Kulemin right now are very close:
Eberle: 0.623ppg, 0.26gpg, 0.28apg, 8.5 CORSIREL (2nd best on Oilers)
Kulemin: 0.695ppg, 0.36gpg, 0.33apg, 13.7 CORSIREL (3rd best on Leafs)

Eberle had a stellar rookie season. If Hemsky is healthy this season, will Eberle's stats go up? Likely weaker competition, but more competition for PP time?

victor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 10:32 PM
LucicIsABeast

As much as I am not a fan of Toronto, I think schenn is way more valuable than eberle

And come on, Kulemin is better then eberle offensively and defensively. I'd take the 30 goal scorer and physical and tough defensive forward

LucicIsABeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 10:35 PM
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE
▀████╱█████▀

vCash: 70
Jordan Eberle is untouchable..........

MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 10:36 PM
Cleatus

Send a message via MSN to Cleatus
Quote:
Kulemin is better and more valuable than Eberle, at least for now anyways. I love Eberle, but he still has a lot to prove.

Cleatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 10:51 PM
TimeForAnOilChange
Can We Fold The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
Why do we need another RW?

Seriously?

Schenn isn't going anywhere and if he is it is for a legit #1 center
Great, you can trade him for Brayden Schenn then and we'll keep Eberle, sounds good to me.

TimeForAnOilChange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-21-2011, 11:46 PM
cluffer

you cant trade jesus on skates for a prospect and a number 3 dman

cluffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:00 AM
Nucks N Canes

Don't think I've ever really seen players this young get traded before they had a bad year straight up. I mean goligoski for Neal was close but they were both 23ish.
Edmonton needs some defenseman for the future but they will probably address that this year. Since they got their C/LW/RW a couple times over now they need D and a legit goalie. For all Edmonton fans out there Dubnyk will collapse like he always does.

Nucks N Canes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:28 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreMogilny View Post
Not to diminish anything Eberle has done, but Schenn has now played 3 NHL seasons, and has done a great job in his role (and gotten better and better) through each season.

Even if you like Eberle better (which is perfectly acceptable), it's hard to argue that Schenn isn't a lot more established. 231 NHL games vs 69 NHL games is a pretty big difference.
I think you are talking about experience, which isn't the same as being established. Being established to me means having solidified your role on a team. In my eyes, Eberle's spot on the Oilers is no less secure than Schenn's on the Leafs, and that is why Eberle is just as established as Schenn. Experience does not equal being "established".

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 01:20 AM
Bob Sacamanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by momo View Post
If we wanted Eberle, we would have drafted him.
In 2006 for example, Toronto took Jiri Tlusty at #13 overall.

In the same first round:

#14 Michael Grabner
#18 Chris Stewart
#22 Claude Giroux
#23 Semyon Varlomov
#25 Patrick Berglund

Guys, if Toronto wanted these players, they would have drafted them. Which is the reason why we never see trade proposals for them.

Bob Sacamanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 01:58 AM
LeafOfBread
van Dreamsdyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oates2Neely View Post
Teams are lining up to give Burke #1 centers for Luke Schenn. Take a look at the 30 teams in the NHL, & their #1 centers. You tell us which ones could be had for Schenn.
That's the point, Schenn is so valuable to us that we won't trade him unless it's an overpayment from the other team that would make us much better. Also, the poster never said straight up, obviously it would be a package deal.

Use common sense before you post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskOil View Post
No from Edmonton, HELL NO.
No from Toronto, HELL NO.

LeafOfBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:01 AM
sid49

Schenn is a shutdown defence man. Really good at it, but would you trade prime Foote, for prime Paraise (sp?)

sid49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:02 AM
Tad Mikowsky
Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
Schenn is a shutdown defence man. Really good at it, but would you trade prime Foote, for prime Paraise (sp?)
Yeah, but is Eberle Parise yet?

Tad Mikowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:06 AM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sacamanu View Post
In 2006 for example, Toronto took Jiri Tlusty at #13 overall.

In the same first round:

#14 Michael Grabner
#18 Chris Stewart
#22 Claude Giroux
#23 Semyon Varlomov
#25 Patrick Berglund

Guys, if Toronto wanted these players, they would have drafted them. Which is the reason why we never see trade proposals for them.
By the draft order we where not the only team to pass over them. I also only see one all star in that list of yours, Three all stars in total out of the thirty players on the draft list. We have one of those three on our team now.

Tlusty was also in the third spot for central scouting out of European players. Seems like other people thought he had a chance as well. Stewart and Berglund come in at eighth spot on that ranking list.

No Grabner and no Giroux, not sure how your psychic powers picked up on them turning out so good. Not even Vancouver or Florida knew Grabner would do what he is doing now.

We also drafted Kulemin ( 2nd RD )and Reimer ( 4th RD ) in that draft both with us now. I think we did just fine.

HockeyFanSince86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:06 AM
A1LeafNation
Thanks Boston.

vCash: 566
Quote:
Originally Posted by sid49 View Post
Who is suppose to be Parise in this deal? LOL...

The smoke from Slave Lake must have finally made its way down to Edmonton and their fans.

A1LeafNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:09 AM
MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE
▀████╱█████▀

vCash: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tad Mikowsky View Post
Yeah, but is Eberle Parise yet?
No, Is Schenn Foote yet?

MALKIN NTHE MIDDLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Ice Whole

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucks N Canes View Post
Don't think I've ever really seen players this young get traded before they had a bad year straight up. I mean goligoski for Neal was close but they were both 23ish.
Edmonton needs some defenseman for the future but they will probably address that this year. Since they got their C/LW/RW a couple times over now they need D and a legit goalie. For all Edmonton fans out there Dubnyk will collapse like he always does.
Sorry, he isn't Luongo. He hasn't collapsed for us.

Ice Whole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Bob Sacamanu

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyFanSince86 View Post
By the draft order we where not the only team to pass over them. I also only see one all star in that list of yours, Three all stars in total out of the thirty players on the draft list. We have one of those three on our team now.

Tlusty was also in the third spot for central scouting out of European players. Seems like other people thought he had a chance as well. Stewart and Berglund come in at eighth spot on that ranking list.

No Grabner and no Giroux, not sure how your psychic powers picked up on them turning out so good. Not even Vancouver or Florida knew Grabner would do what he is doing now.

We also drafted Kulemin ( 2nd RD )and Reimer ( 4th RD ) in that draft both with us now. I think we did just fine.

Indeed you did. But you missed the point I was trying to make. Draft number means nothing. Not even IMMEDIATELY after the draft.

Bob Sacamanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:44 AM
Taylorhall4EDM

Schenn? We have enough 2nd-3rd pairing dmen, we need a stud if we're trading one of our young guns

Start with kessel and keep adding if you want eberle

Taylorhall4EDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:47 AM
HopelessOilFan

Wasn't eberle requested for one of the top picks last year, and tambo laughed it off?

Eberle holds a lot more value to the oilers than schenn and an unproven goalie prospect imo. Also, he isn't a center.

HopelessOilFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 02:47 AM
HockeyFanSince86
The Team People Love

Quote:

Indeed you did. But you missed the point I was trying to make. Draft number means nothing. Not even IMMEDIATELY after the draft.
Ok lets re visit said post

Quote:
I didn't see a point I saw a Jab. Was I wrong with that ?

Last edited by HockeyFanSince86: 07-22-2011 at 03:08 AM.
HockeyFanSince86 is offline   Reply With Quote