HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Storage Wars

Old
07-24-2011, 10:59 PM
BigT2002

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
OK, I just gotta ask,

Why dont Brandi and Jarrod make a deal with Barry to buy all the left over stuff in his lockers after he takes his one or two "cool" items?

Just seems to make so much sense that it hurts.
They most likely are bro. Jarrod and Brandi run a thrift store and Darrell I think does as well. They thrive on getting the cheap stuff to sell because it is what most people are going to buy. I like how Brandi always gets something awesome in the ones she bids on and Jarrod gets shafted most of the time

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 11:02 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
They most likely are bro. Jarrod and Brandi run a thrift store and Darrell I think does as well. They thrive on getting the cheap stuff to sell because it is what most people are going to buy. I like how Brandi always gets something awesome in the ones she bids on and Jarrod gets shafted most of the time
Darrell doesn't have a store, and we learned in the episode where Darrell's son wore a hat calling Dave a con.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Auguste Escoffier

vCash: 500
But yeah, Auction Hunters is a terrible show.

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 11:09 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnshockey View Post
Dave and Jarrod really have their shops. So you're saying that in reality, they're actors and their stores are all fake and made just for the show? I don't buy it.
No, I'm saying that they just put in certain 'cool' items in the units for some entertainment, mostly the historical items. They just so happen to find some item worth thousands of dollars almost every time, it's just not realistic at all. How come no one else bids on these units? Actual storage auctions have swarms of people bidding. The people actually do this for a living, but I'm sure A&E ads in some items to give us history lessons, just like Pawn Stars and every other show.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 11:34 PM
CNS
A World Alone

vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
No, I'm saying that they just put in certain 'cool' items in the units for some entertainment, mostly the historical items. They just so happen to find some item worth thousands of dollars almost every time, it's just not realistic at all. How come no one else bids on these units? Actual storage auctions have swarms of people bidding. The people actually do this for a living, but I'm sure A&E ads in some items to give us history lessons, just like Pawn Stars and every other show.
Do you really think they're going to show the units that OTHER people win? Do you think they're going to show units where they win but nothing interesting happens? Its obvious they don't show every single unit. They only show the ones that have a good bid war on or find something awesome/total dud inside.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:33 AM
Brodeur

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pucks View Post
Whats the dudes name, the big bald guy? It has to be a stage name.
Ton is short for Clinton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
We really don't know how much stuff doesn't get through the cutting room floor. Auction Hunters did an episode that basically showed that most of the units they buy end up being crap, and that only the cool stuff makes it to TV (and they basically have a disclaimer at the beginning of the show that says as much).

Brodeur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 02:51 AM
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
CarlWinslow would do bad things to Brandy.Good show though.

Barry seems like a decent dude also.

If I was in California, I would definitely go peep their stores.
I bet he would

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 07:57 AM
dfk711*
The real #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post

"It looks like a pile of junk, but there could be anything in there!"

I loved the episode where he took his shirt off and his son said "that's the wow factor"

dfk711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 08:46 AM
beowulf
Poster of the Year!

Send a message via MSN to beowulf
Fun to watch from time to time. Not the biggest fan but there is much worst on tv these days.

beowulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 08:46 PM
The Fuhr

Yeeeeeeeeeeeep!!!!

The Fuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 10:13 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfk711 View Post

I loved the episode where he took his shirt off and his son said "that's the wow factor"

wolfgaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 09:37 AM
Keggatron

Anyone watch this last night? Not sure if the last one they played was a new one or just a repeat from earlier this season or something, but Jesus, I get embarrassed when Mark goes through lockers acting like he knows what he's doing. And saying he had a $13000 Nintendo? Ugh so cringeworthy when the dude told him he'd give him ten bucks for it.

Keggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Heaton
#disapointment

Send a message via AIM to Heaton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggatron View Post
Anyone watch this last night? Not sure if the last one they played was a new one or just a repeat from earlier this season or something, but Jesus, I get embarrassed when Mark goes through lockers acting like he knows what he's doing. And saying he had a $13000 Nintendo? Ugh so cringeworthy when the dude told him he'd give him ten bucks for it.
But it was a 001!

Heaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 11:16 AM
Keggatron

When he said something along the lines of " Instead of being filled with papers, this case could have been filled with diamonds, that's why I love buying units" I was like this rich poor *******. It was a trainwreck but I couldn't turn away.

Then dickface Darrell comes down to the video game shop to rub it in. Has the guy even bought a unit yet this year?

Keggatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 12:43 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keggatron View Post
When he said something along the lines of " Instead of being filled with papers, this case could have been filled with diamonds, that's why I love buying units" I was like this rich poor *******. It was a trainwreck but I couldn't turn away.

Then dickface Darrell comes down to the video game shop to rub it in. Has the guy even bought a unit yet this year?
Darrell is great... He's hilarious....

David Hester and Brandy's husband Jarrod are the annoying people on the show....

Darrell & Barry are awesome.....

Old
08-11-2011, 01:11 PM
dfk711*
The real #11

What was up with Barry's good luck charm? That guy was a weirdo

dfk711* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:40 PM
waffledave
waffledave, from hf

I love Barry because he's just such a goof..."Ohhh....The position of the bookshelf in this unit tells me there may be some collectables in here!"

Also, I don't understand how Jarrod, a man so ugly, can be married to a wife so hot.

waffledave
waffledave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:41 PM
BreakTheWallsDown
HFBoards Prospect

Send a message via AIM to BreakTheWallsDown Send a message via MSN to BreakTheWallsDown
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Darrell is great... He's hilarious....

David Hester and Brandy's husband Jarrod are the annoying people on the show....

Darrell & Barry are awesome.....
Agree about Darrell and Barry. As for Dave, he's always been a dick, we all know that, but to me it seems like in these recent episodes he's ramped it up trying to be even more of an ******* for seemingly no reason. I think he's now in the mindset of "Oh I'm the ******* on the show so I really need to act like it" and he's doing it just for ratings.

I disagree about Jarrod. He used to be really annoying in most of the early episodes, but he's actually pretty decent now. He's not whining all the time like he used to. He has gotten more experienced with buying lockers and has fallen into being just "one of the guys" like Darrell and Barry. I actually think Darrell (while still being good) has gotten more annoying as the show goes on. He used to buy stuff all the time, but now he just *****es about people jacking the prices up and never takes risks anymore. I'm starting to enjoy the Jarrod/Brandy segments more than the Darrell segments.

BreakTheWallsDown is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 01:47 PM
Free Torts

vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Yeah, Darrell is getting kind of irritating. All he's done the past few episodes is whine. Barry, on the other hand, is as fresh as ever.

Free Torts is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Buddio
CFC

vCash: 900
I like them all.

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:17 PM
CarlWinslow
@hiphopsicles

Auction Hunters is different in that they tend to find more unique and expensive items. Or at least they edit out more of the crap.

CarlWinslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-11-2011, 03:25 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 50
Getting tired of this show. The characters (with the exception of Barry) are all pretty douchy. And I'd like to see Dave Hester run across this old antique and try it out.

08-13-2011, 12:43 PM
Use the Schwartz*
****in' eh

Mark is so annoying, that SNES he found, what a joke. Must have been one of the most awkward things I've ever watched, the look on his face as "Jason" from the game store makes up reasons why it might be worth 13,000 bucks.

I was in a pawn shop 3 days ago and saw one for 85 dollars.

Also, his need to say to his "hombres", "this is why I buy units" everytime he opens something, is just going to get more irritating

Use the Schwartz* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 03:07 PM
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlWinslow View Post
Auction Hunters is different in that they tend to find more unique and expensive items. Or at least they edit out more of the crap.
Don't taint this thread with your 'Auction Hunters' talk!

Old
08-13-2011, 03:12 PM
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
Don't taint this thread with your 'Auction Hunters' talk!
Auction Hunters is terrible, imo. Way too highly edited and they never seem to fail. At least we see Jared fail on a nightly basis when A. Brandi doesn't let him buy a locker; B. She lets him, but he's too much of a noob to spot a good one (usually, anyways).

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote