HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

Storage Wars

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
08-13-2011, 03:39 PM
  #76
Auguste Escoffier
Registered User
 
Auguste Escoffier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
The auctioneer's wife is very well-gifted.

This Mark guy is real, not an actor. Someone posted his Facebook on a different forum. He plays Mob Wars. Surprised? I'm not. hah

Oh, God. He is thanking his "fans":

http://www.facebook.com/balelo?sk=wall

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 04:14 PM
  #77
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...
 
ForzaZuffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK View Post
The auctioneer's wife is very well-gifted.

This Mark guy is real, not an actor. Someone posted his Facebook on a different forum. He plays Mob Wars. Surprised? I'm not. hah

Oh, God. He is thanking his "fans":

http://www.facebook.com/balelo?sk=wall
I've got a thing for her whenever I watch for sure.

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 05:48 PM
  #78
Buddio
CFC
 
Buddio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rogers Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK View Post
The auctioneer's wife is very well-gifted.

This Mark guy is real, not an actor. Someone posted his Facebook on a different forum. He plays Mob Wars. Surprised? I'm not. hah

Oh, God. He is thanking his "fans":

http://www.facebook.com/balelo?sk=wall
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
I've got a thing for her whenever I watch for sure.
Upon further creeping I found her Fbook profile

http://www.facebook.com/americanauct...canauctioneers

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 05:58 PM
  #79
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
this show is so addicting. there was a marathon on last night ,couldnt stop watching. would love to go to a storage place and buy one haha

flyersguy33* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 06:41 PM
  #80
Brodeur
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: San Diego
Posts: 11,923
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
Auction Hunters is terrible, imo. Way too highly edited and they never seem to fail.
They have a disclaimer before the show basically saying that they only show the better stuff for TV. Auction Hunters had an episode dedicated to dud units which they admitted is something that happens a majority of the time.

Was almost tempted to go to an auction this morning, but figured at best I'd be the guy that opened a bid for $20 and ran away.

Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 08:50 PM
  #81
ForzaZuffa
Don't stare at it...
 
ForzaZuffa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Country: Italy
Posts: 9,283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They have a disclaimer before the show basically saying that they only show the better stuff for TV. Auction Hunters had an episode dedicated to dud units which they admitted is something that happens a majority of the time.

Was almost tempted to go to an auction this morning, but figured at best I'd be the guy that opened a bid for $20 and ran away.
That is true, which is something they don't necessarily have to put.

I'd also be that guy, I'd be so damn nervous to part with my money on such a gamble. I'm the typical cheap Italian stereotype, so I wouldn't go high enough to win most of the time

ForzaZuffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-13-2011, 09:49 PM
  #82
Liliaceae
Sens ♥
 
Liliaceae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
haha.. add me to the hates Dave list!

Liliaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 04:07 AM
  #83
BigT2002
Registered User
 
BigT2002's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: some other continent
Country: United States
Posts: 12,490
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
They have a disclaimer before the show basically saying that they only show the better stuff for TV. Auction Hunters had an episode dedicated to dud units which they admitted is something that happens a majority of the time.

Was almost tempted to go to an auction this morning, but figured at best I'd be the guy that opened a bid for $20 and ran away.
Yup! I liked that show a little better because they show the other side of them actually selling the items. Its one thing to be appraised at $2500, but what did you actually sell it for??

BigT2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 10:10 AM
  #84
CanadianCommie
Cold North Comrade
 
CanadianCommie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Sherwood Park, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,566
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigT2002 View Post
Yup! I liked that show a little better because they show the other side of them actually selling the items. Its one thing to be appraised at $2500, but what did you actually sell it for??

the end-of-show-summary shows what they ACTUALLY made off their purchases, but yes there's no look at the actual sale of the items in storage wars. At the same time, Storage wars can show more of the 'dud' buys and such.

CanadianCommie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 10:30 AM
  #85
Led Zappa
Oy vey...
 
Led Zappa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Country: Scotland
Posts: 32,588
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianCommie View Post
the end-of-show-summary shows what they ACTUALLY made off their purchases, but yes there's no look at the actual sale of the items in storage wars. At the same time, Storage wars can show more of the 'dud' buys and such.
No it doesn't. It still shows what they think they will sell for and Dave rates his crap pretty high if you ask me. Some of this stuff sits in their stores for who knows how long. Some of the stuff gets appraised and they actually say they are keeping it for themselves and it still gets counted on the show.

__________________

"This is not a nick or a scratch, this is an open wound" - Doug Wilson.
Led Zappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 11:24 AM
  #86
KesselBuiltMyHotrod
Registered User
 
KesselBuiltMyHotrod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,583
vCash: 50
The worst one was the thousands of newspapers of Elvis' death. "Wow I just made $100,000." No you ****ing didn't. You might sell 10 of those.

KesselBuiltMyHotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-14-2011, 11:52 AM
  #87
Analyzer
#WeAreBoston
 
Analyzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Renfrew, ON.
Country: Canada
Posts: 40,766
vCash: 500
Jarrod's wife is hot.

Entertaining show.

Analyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 10:56 AM
  #88
Free Torts
Registered User
 
Free Torts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Surrey, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,255
vCash: 883
Send a message via MSN to Free Torts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselBuiltMyHotrod View Post
The worst one was the thousands of newspapers of Elvis' death. "Wow I just made $100,000." No you ****ing didn't. You might sell 10 of those.
I didn't really get that one either. Where's the market for all taht paper?

Free Torts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 11:02 AM
  #89
Buddio
CFC
 
Buddio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Rogers Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,410
vCash: 900
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJP View Post
I didn't really get that one either. Where's the market for all taht paper?
You'd be suprised at the items sold at Celebrity auctions.

Buddio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 03:09 PM
  #90
habs_24x
Registered User
 
habs_24x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,377
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Analyzer View Post
Jarrod's wife is hot.

Entertaining show.
I like her too (in a trailerpark sort of way)

Cant stand Dave. Someone needs to put a cap in his ass.

habs_24x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 03:44 PM
  #91
Apaharn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by habs_24x View Post
I like her too (in a trailerpark sort of way)

Cant stand Dave. Someone needs to put a cap in his ass.
Every reality TV show needs an antagonist.

Apaharn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 04:24 PM
  #92
crane
Registered User
 
crane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego
Posts: 1,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK View Post
The auctioneer's wife is very well-gifted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ForzaZuffa View Post
I've got a thing for her whenever I watch for sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddio View Post
Upon further creeping I found her Fbook profile

http://www.facebook.com/americanauct...canauctioneers
what am I missing? you guys got a thing for the older lady? just looks like any other older gal from California.

I like this show better than Auction Hunters, and there's a new program on some channel based in Boston that is absolutely terrible, just terrible.

crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-15-2011, 06:57 PM
  #93
Bring_Bak_Damphousse
Classless User
 
Bring_Bak_Damphousse's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,263
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzz View Post
Mark is so annoying, that SNES he found, what a joke. Must have been one of the most awkward things I've ever watched, the look on his face as "Jason" from the game store makes up reasons why it might be worth 13,000 bucks.

I was in a pawn shop 3 days ago and saw one for 85 dollars.

Also, his need to say to his "hombres", "this is why I buy units" everytime he opens something, is just going to get more irritating
Just saw that episode aswell, god I hope he isn't going to be a mainstay, the guy is a complete *********.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 06:42 PM
  #94
Banana Sandwiches
Registered User
 
Banana Sandwiches's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
I'm not sure how long this show has been on, but I just recently started to watch and I like it. Barry is hilarious and usually gets something interesting. Dave is kinda annoying (Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!). I like Jarrod and Brandi since they seem to get a storage locker every episode and usually do pretty well.

Darrell never buys anything so I don't really like him!

Banana Sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:03 PM
  #95
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,251
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by stagedfightsrule View Post
I'm not sure how long this show has been on, but I just recently started to watch and I like it. Barry is hilarious and usually gets something interesting. Dave is kinda annoying (Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuup!). I like Jarrod and Brandi since they seem to get a storage locker every episode and usually do pretty well.

Darrell never buys anything so I don't really like him!
I can tell you haven't been watching long

Darrell has his days where he buys EVERY locker and then days where he doesn't buy anything. He's streaky.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:06 PM
  #96
Auguste Escoffier
Registered User
 
Auguste Escoffier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 5,613
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by crane View Post
what am I missing? you guys got a thing for the older lady? just looks like any other older gal from California.

I like this show better than Auction Hunters, and there's a new program on some channel based in Boston that is absolutely terrible, just terrible.
I have never been in California long enough to scope out the cougars.

Auguste Escoffier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 07:12 PM
  #97
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,251
vCash: 672
Quote:
Originally Posted by IvyEyezPK View Post
I have never been in California long enough to scope out the cougars.
As a lifelong resident, minus 8 months, there are a ton of good looking cougars. She's not near the top of the list unless you just like big boobs. Seriously there are people I know whose moms are hotter than them. Its crazy.

CNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 08:22 PM
  #98
Blue Dragon
Registered User
 
Blue Dragon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ohio
Country: Australia
Posts: 1,469
vCash: 500
My favorite Barry moment was when he found those old guitars and he's like "I got a buddy who can tell me all about them" and says nothing big, so you think it's some guy who owns a guitar store. Turns out his buddy is Aerosmith's Brad Whitford. Dude is obviously loaded, and prolly comes from somewhere up in the Northeast.

Blue Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 09:14 PM
  #99
Liliaceae
Sens ♥
 
Liliaceae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,734
vCash: 500
Dave Junior is just as annoying as his dad.

Liliaceae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-17-2011, 10:11 PM
  #100
Fire Lindy
Trust the System
 
Fire Lindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,842
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Dragon View Post
My favorite Barry moment was when he found those old guitars and he's like "I got a buddy who can tell me all about them" and says nothing big, so you think it's some guy who owns a guitar store. Turns out his buddy is Aerosmith's Brad Whitford. Dude is obviously loaded, and prolly comes from somewhere up in the Northeast.
Yea, see those cars Barry roles up in? He's got some sick classic cars, dude is definitely a millionaire.

One thing that is forgotten is I bet the crew is making pretty good $$ per episode now.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:55 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.