HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Non-Sports > Entertainment
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Entertainment Discuss movies, tv shows, music, arts, literature, fashion, and upcoming events, concerts, etc.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Part 2

Old
09-23-2011, 03:44 PM
Grumpy Humphrey

vCash: 500
Well I can't say for sure but I doubt it's "extremely low budget" at this point. Even so, so what? Bad CGI is what it is, and if it's gonna be so terrible you shouldn't make an episode SO full of it. I love Sunny, but a flaw is a flaw and should be able to be brought up as a point of discussion. It happened to be really noticeable this week, no need to pretend it didn't happen.

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 06:59 PM
macleod50

vCash: 250
The last thing I care about in a tv comedy is the cgi.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 07:45 PM
Habsfan22100

Man, that montage was hilarious. Perfect song too.

Habsfan22100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 08:33 PM
sandman441

Send a message via Yahoo to sandman441
Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
The last thing I care about in a tv comedy is the cgi.

yeah it's a bit of a nitpick and to be honest if that's the thing we are picking on that means the show is perfect.

sandman441 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-23-2011, 11:50 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billionaire Bot View Post
Honestly the thing that jumped out to me this episode was just how awful the CGI was
I love that in an episode where two male hobo's are banging under a boardwalk, its the CGI that "jumped out" at you.

KingLB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 10:26 AM
Central PA Hawk Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan22100 View Post
Man, that montage was hilarious. Perfect song too.

Haha, someone make a gif of Mac fist pumping while eating the rum ham, lol.

Central PA Hawk Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 11:03 AM
Grumpy Humphrey

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLB View Post
I love that in an episode where two male hobo's are banging under a boardwalk, its the CGI that "jumped out" at you.
Well you know, you can kind of expect a certain depravity from this show. After the masturbating bums and Tom Sizemore asking to be "split open like a coconut," amongst other things, it's pretty par for the course.

It wasn't just the fact that the CGI was bad, it's that it was all over the place. Most of the beach shots, like every shot in the water, Dee's hair on the ride...I've seen better done green screens in college film classes. It's a small criticism, obviously, but seriously, if you like something, you don't have to deny it has flaws or problems every now and then. Someone saying "That CGI looked silly" in no way equates to "Man this is nowhere near the quality that huge budget, completely predicated on being state of the art CGI Avatar was, it ****ing blows." It just means "Hey, that looked silly."

Grumpy Humphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-24-2011, 02:33 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

vCash: 277
Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
It probably wasn't one of the funnier moments in the episode for others, but when Dennis asked "where are all these dogs masters?"...I lost it.

The Mars Volchenkov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 01:06 AM
Tavaresmagicalplay*

Tavaresmagicalplay* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 11:57 AM
StrictlyCommercial

vCash: 766
I didn't realize they were making fun of that Tom Hanks movie on first viewing. Definitely added lol's for the second viewing.

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-25-2011, 12:17 PM
Boooooth10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Central PA Hawk Fan View Post
Haha, someone make a gif of Mac fist pumping while eating the rum ham, lol.
Found this on another forum.

Boooooth10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Fire Lindy
Trust the System

I liked the show a lot more when it was more centered around the bar, now it seems like they are doing crazy stuff every episode...and it's a bit too much.

Fire Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 02:36 PM
Habsfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teemu View Post
2 for 2 so far; hopefully, last season will soon be a forgotten memory.
Last season was awesome - The boat, the Halloween episode, Lethal Weapon 5, Who got Dee pregnant?

IMO, the only bad season has been season 4. Season 5 had some duds but enough good episodes to redeem itself.

This season: didn't care for the first episode that much but the Jersey Shore one was great, especially the montage.

Habsfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 03:19 PM
Habsfan22100

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockFlagAndEagle View Post
I liked the show a lot more when it was more centered around the bar, now it seems like they are doing crazy stuff every episode...and it's a bit too much.
Which was when exactly? The show had always had some episodes about the bar, but it's never been centered around it.

Old
09-26-2011, 05:02 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

This show just isn't funny anymore.

The plots are so outrageous, somehow while also managing to be less offensive. All of the characters are one-dimensional versions of themselves. They need to rein it in.

Also, why are they still trying to make Dee funny instead of ripping on her? She is tuurrrrible.

Long story short this used to be a hilarious show that didn't need to resort to heavy-handed gay hobo sex jokes. Or repeatedly yelling for no reason.

HatTrick Swayze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 05:26 PM
macleod50

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTrick Swayze View Post

The plots are so outrageous, somehow while also managing to be less offensive. All of the characters are one-dimensional versions of themselves. They need to rein it in.

Also, why are they still trying to make Dee funny instead of ripping on her? She is tuurrrrible.

Long story short this used to be a hilarious show that didn't need to resort to heavy-handed gay hobo sex jokes. Or repeatedly yelling for no reason.
Then stop watching?

I never understood this mentality, "ughhhhh the show sucks, but I'll keep watching it so I can complain."

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 05:34 PM
Habsfan22100

Quote:

Yeah, with all the positive reactions this season has gotten so far, they should just stop now...

Old
09-26-2011, 05:42 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by macleod50 View Post
Then stop watching?

I never understood this mentality, "ughhhhh the show sucks, but I'll keep watching it so I can complain."
Just stating my opinion, and will continue to watch because when they are on it is the funniest show on TV.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsfan22100 View Post
Yeah, with all the positive reactions this season has gotten so far, they should just stop now...
You know what also gets positive reactions? Two and a half men.

Old
09-26-2011, 06:00 PM
the overrated
wicked overrated

Quote:
But "Sunny" is getting positive reactions from people that were fans of the show before - it's not like people are saying it's popular with the masses so it's got to be good. The fact that a majority of people that liked the show before still like it now makes it tough to agree when you say it isn't funny anymore.

the overrated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 06:48 PM
Habsfan22100

Quote:
Just stating my opinion, and will continue to watch because when they are on it is the funniest show on TV.

This argument was brought up earlier and it's still an awful one. I'm talking about actual reviews and reactions from actual fans of the show. Many fans thought the first two episodes were very funny and I've seen nothing but positive reviews on a few websites. Two and a Half Men gets pretty bad reviews and is hated by a lot of people on the internet.

Old
09-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Sundance
You Can Never Get To

Quote:
Long story short this used to be a hilarious show that didn't need to resort to heavy-handed gay hobo sex jokes.
The pilot was full heavy-handed gay jokes. And one of the funniest episodes starts off with a hobo jerking off in an alley.

Quote:
Or repeatedly yelling for no reason.
That's also nothing new.

Quote:
I agree with you on the first point. And that's a shame. But I think it's incredibly unfair for you to say "rein it in" because you don't find it funny anymore. And you can't expect any comedy Television program to have fresh characters after 7 years. At this point is what it is, and it's still funny - at least to me it is. And reading through this thread and on the internet, it appears I'm not alone.

Sundance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 08:59 PM
HatTrick Swayze
Tomato Potato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
The pilot was full heavy-handed gay jokes. And one of the funniest episodes starts off with a hobo jerking off in an alley.
See I still disagree. The pilot had all kinds of subtle digs that made the show great. When they are getting drinks at the beginning everyone has a beer except Terrell who is sipping a Smirnoff Ice. They didn't just cut to two dudes humping and yell nonsense about it.

Quote:
That's also nothing new.
I realize it is nothing new (and it can be funny) but Dee yelling "Mac you fat fat ass" three times in a row at the end of the epsiode is an example of the kind of cringe-inducing laziness they have recently been resorting to.

Quote:
I agree with you on the first point. And that's a shame. But I think it's incredibly unfair for you to say "rein it in" because you don't find it funny anymore. And you can't expect any comedy Television program to have fresh characters after 7 years. At this point is what it is, and it's still funny - at least to me it is. And reading through this thread and on the internet, it appears I'm not alone.
You're right it is selfish, and my gripes on HF aren't going to change a thing about the show. Again just expressing my opinion, which clearly is in the minority on here. I think they have better work in them.

Old
09-26-2011, 09:58 PM
DG

Just finally got caught up and I was a fan of every season. It's probably because I watched the whole show start to now and that always makes a show better, I think.

Liked a lot of the episodes from last season that have been mentioned, but I was also a pretty big fan of the getting lost in the woods episode. Pretty funny.

DG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:40 PM
StrictlyCommercial

vCash: 766
There's definitely never been masturbating bums, gorilla face, balls to the face or anything else as ridiculous as bums banging under a boardwalk. Nor was there ever random yelling for no reason.

I think you need to rewatch the earlier seasons, because you seem to remember them far differently. The fact the characters are getting more and more unlikeable is part of the show. Dennis has been a vain narcissist since the first episode. Dee's been a desperate failure since the first episode. Macs been an *******; and Charlie has been mentally off. The only character that has really been undergoing a life altering change is Frank as he falls further into his bizarre lifestyle.

StrictlyCommercial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
09-26-2011, 10:46 PM
Kitten Mittons

This video serves two purposes.

Kitten Mittons is offline   Reply With Quote