HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Det - Edm

Old
07-22-2011, 09:17 AM
DetroitWhat

vCash: 500
Det - Edm

To Det:

Ales Hemsky

To Edm:

Jakub Kindl
Jiri Hudler
Conditional Det 1st/2nd round pick.

Detroit gets a top 6 winger, which they desperately need. Edmonton gets a promising young defenseman, that Detroit readily replaces with Brendan Smith (who won't be involved in trades). Detroit ditches Hudler's contract and roster spot for Hemsky, while Hudler has a chance to restart his career on a team where his playoff experiences could prove beneficial to the youth movement.

The pick would be conditional based on performance/games played for Hemsky as his recent injuries make the idea of throwing away a 1st a bit unsettling.

Detroit has roughly 6.2 million in cap space and has the ability to re-sign Hemsky to a long term deal at a ~4.5 to 5 million cap hit.

Thoughts?

DetroitWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 09:31 AM
Leafssss

I think this is a tad too much for Hemsky. Especially if Hudler regains form and Hemsky is constantly injured.

Leafssss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 09:32 AM
25th

it works fom me!

25th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 09:32 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Hudler doesn't have much value and even if it is a 1st round pick, it would be late in the draft, so the Oilers only do it if they love Kindl, so I doubt they do it.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 09:42 AM
flamesfan5

I agree thats to much for Hemsky. Hes good but he needs a couple injury free high point seasons for me to believe hes still useful.

flamesfan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:03 AM
jonnybullit4390

I would say The Price for hemsky is a bit high !! M'y gess would be a 1 round + mid prospect or bottom 9 player (close to bottom 6)

jonnybullit4390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:08 AM
probertrules24
Down with the Bruins

I'm one of the bigger Hudler supporters I think and I really like Kindl. I think he will be a top 4 D-man at some point.

As far as the trade I think I would do it. If Hemsky could remain healthy I think the value would end up being fair. I'm sure that we will have fans saying not even close It will cost Smith, Puk and Nyquist.

probertrules24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:24 AM
Tarpit*

Actually there is no benefit in this trade other then the draft pick. Jiri Hudler is another small left wing player and Oilers are loaded at left wing. Jakub Kindl looks good but once again he is a left handed shot and the oilers have quite a number of big young left handed defensemen in the system. Not much use in trading for something you have lots of, and don't need.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:32 AM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Where does Hudler fit? Will he bounce Hall, Paajarvi, or Smyth out of the top 6 LW? He's not even an upgrade over Horcoff, Gagner, or Belanger(if he were moved back to centre). If the Oilers trade Hemsky our RW will consist of Eberle, Omark, and Jones.
No thought as to the Oilers needs.....none whatsoever

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 10:52 AM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
Where does Hudler fit? Will he bounce Hall, Paajarvi, or Smyth out of the top 6 LW? He's not even an upgrade over Horcoff, Gagner, or Belanger(if he were moved back to centre). If the Oilers trade Hemsky our RW will consist of Eberle, Omark, and Jones.
Omark and Jones are both LW that sometimes play on the opposite wing

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:12 AM
Feds on D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homesick View Post
I don't understand the notion that Hudler would be capable playing center in the NHL, he's abysmal defensively and he can hardly skate. He does play either wing, however.

I'm not comfortable giving up Kindl. He looked pretty good at times last season, and he has had a hard time adjusting to new leagues throughout his career. Hopefully he can cement his place in the bottom pair this year and work his way through the ranks over another couple of seasons.

Feds on D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:17 AM
Eskimo44

Too much for Hemsky? That's ridiculous Hudler isn't near the player Hemsky is, we don't need more picks, and Kindl hasn't exactly lit the world on fire. Sure he has had injury trouble, but when he is healthy he is just barely under a ppg since the lockout. There are far less players in that range than many seem to believe. Not only that but these assets coming back don't address our needs.

Eskimo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:20 AM
Ladra

Would the Red wings be interested in Tom Gilbert?

And what would be offered for him?

Ladra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:23 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Send a message via MSN to thadd
OK... lets say...

0-74 games in played regular season 2nd + 3rd rounder
75- 82GP games played in regular season 1st rounder.

Would be very hard for Edmonton to turn that down IMO.

A year of Hudler on Edmonton's 2nd line right wing could be interesting for Edmonton. He isn't injury prone, has the ability to play playmaker and can put the puck in net as well.

I'm envisioning 2 different things happening.

1:Smyth-Gagner-Hudler having great chemistry. Sam wins enough faceoffs to feed these guys a ton of goals.

2:Smyth-Gagner-Hudler don't work out. Belanger and MPS move upto the second line, which isn't exactly a huge success, but MPS starts showing that he's an incredibly valuable goal scorer when he's paired with a center who actually wins face-offs.

It's very appealing to me for Edmonton to have players who aren't injury prone. Sure I'd love to see us get last place again so that we get to pick the best d-man available, (Or take a king's ransom to move down a few spots) but if the opportunity to be better is there I'm all for it.

Kindle is still playing protected minutes. I Honestly expected to see him looking like a damn good #3 d-man by now. Good enough to push others down the depth chart. His offense absolutely doesn't show up in the NHL. If he did a complete makeover coming to Edmonton it would make the deal a big win for Edmonton. If he still stinks the joint up it kinda stinks for Edmonton, but at least Kindle's cap hit is low.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:24 AM
PADevil3034
Mooooooooooooooooose

Is there even room for Hudler on Edmonton's lineup? Kindl is a good asset, as is the high pick. But this isn't as much of an overpayment as many see it to be.

PADevil3034 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:31 AM
Eberle
4-93-14

Send a message via MSN to Eberle
If Hemsky is re-signing for a 4.5-5 mil cap hit, it will be with the Edmonton Oilers.

The only reason he will be traded is if he CAN'T be re-signed and that would likely be because he is asking for much north of 6 mill.

With that said, I'm not a big fan of this trade, for the same reasons RAK13 and Homesick have stated.

Granted, I don't know much about Kindl, but from what they've said, it sounds like another prospect we have many of.

If Hemsky gets traded, it will be to a team that can give us what we need.

Eberle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 11:31 AM
zeus3007*

I'm not interested in Hudler on the Oilers at all, so no deal from my perspective.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:23 PM
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty

vCash: 1026
Major pass. It's going to take a lot more to get Hemsky. Remember why the Penner deal happened? The price for Hemsky is a blue chip prospect and a 1st rounder... Nothing less

The Nuge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Homesick
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK13 View Post
Omark and Jones are both LW that sometimes play on the opposite wing
Omark played the entire(or very close to it) season on RW opposite of Paajarvi

Homesick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:31 PM
irishtemper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
Major pass. It's going to take a lot more to get Hemsky. Remember why the Penner deal happened? The price for Hemsky is a blue chip prospect and a 1st rounder... Nothing less
lol

just for minimum text

irishtemper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:33 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

The Oilers have absolutely no use for Hudler.

07-22-2011, 12:37 PM
molsonmuscle360

There are a few reasons why it really wouldn't work for Edmonton. I don't think Hudler is a great fit, and Edmonton doesn't want to make any trades right now where they take on additional contracts. They are already at the max I think.

molsonmuscle360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:47 PM
DetroitWhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilersfan2354 View Post
Hence the potential 1st rounder and blue chip prospect in the original post, not to mention the former 20 goal, 57 point player who would take on a larger offensive role on a young Edmonton team.

Old
07-22-2011, 12:51 PM
Bryanbryoil
I Know A Thing Or 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitWhat View Post
Hence the potential 1st rounder and blue chip prospect in the original post, not to mention the former 20 goal, 57 point player who would take on a larger offensive role on a young Edmonton team.
Sorry but Hudler would drown on the Oilers or any NHL team as one of the primary offensive guys, in Detroit he has a lot of firepower around him. His biggest selling point is on the PP however we need to make sure that we groom our young forwards with PP time as well. I just don't see him as a good fit at all.

Bryanbryoil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-22-2011, 12:56 PM
DetroitWhat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil View Post
Sorry but Hudler would drown on the Oilers or any NHL team as one of the primary offensive guys, in Detroit he has a lot of firepower around him. His biggest selling point is on the PP however we need to make sure that we groom our young forwards with PP time as well. I just don't see him as a good fit at all.
The point is you take some to get some. What makes anyone think that Hemsky is worth more than this after the last two seasons of injuries? The fact of the matter is he is a risk and when your team is rebuilding (i.e. Edmonton), you ditch players that have trade value in a contract year for youth and potential. It just makes sense.

I'm not saying this is definitely the deal they would take, but some people are far too narrow-minded when it comes to their own players and need to be more realistic and impartial.