HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Josh Gorges re-signs 1 year, $2.5 M (July 2011)

Closed Thread

Old
11-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Roulin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Habaneros View Post
How many Habs player have resigned after the trade deadline line ,that we're eligible to be a Ufa end of season..

Let me know ,or just think back .
Last season alone? Markov, Gill, Darche.

Old
11-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roulin View Post
Last season alone? Markov, Gill, Darche.
Plekanec the yaer before

Old
11-27-2011, 09:21 AM
Tuggy

Gorges can't even sign a contract till January, correct?

Old
11-27-2011, 09:25 AM
JHabs
HFB Partner

Send a message via MSN to JHabs
Honestly? We aren't even in december yet.

With all these ancient thread bumps it often looks like some people just want to boost their post count.

When we are in Feb then we can talk, but as of now theres too much that can happen.

Old
11-27-2011, 09:26 AM
Goldthorpe
Meditating Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Pretty sure you're right. Plekanec was in the same situation IIRC.

Old
11-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carey Price View Post
Panic much?

Why would we get zip? Habs really like him and he loves playing in Montreal. He'll be signed to a 3-5 year extension in the 3 mil/year range.

Mike Komisarek

“(Higgins and I) love where we’re at. We love the city and the fans,” he said. “It’s a great place to play hockey. Some guys can’t handle it with the media and people being on top of you. But really, there’s no better place to play. It’s where we started our careers and where we want to be.
http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...eman-komisarek
--------------------------------------

Sheldon Souray

'We have lots of time. There's three months before anything has to be done. Montreal has been really good and I hope our relationship continues. I love Montreal. It's a challenge, but I enjoy playing here. But it's a business and we'll see what happens.''

--------------------------------------

Wisniewski

said his wife, Nicole, always said she would like to live in Vancouver or Montreal.

"She had never been here before, but she spent some time studying in Europe," Wisniewski said. "And when I was in Anaheim, Saku Koivu was always talking about what a great city this was and how much he enjoyed playing here."

Wisniewski would like to make his stay in Montreal a long one. He's eligible to become an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, but with only three defencemen signed for next season he's hoping there will be room for him.

-------------------------

Hamrlik has made it known that he’s looking to retire in Montreal

-------------------------

Kovalev

"I've said it many times: I'd love to be here," Kovalev said of a possible return to Montreal. "I love everything about this team and still believe it's moving in the right direction. But it's not up to me what happens."

---------------------------
Bergeron

Personally, I had the best year of my career this year and I really hope I can stay in Montreal. This city really is all about hockey.”

----------------

Josh Gorges

This is where I want to be,” emphasized Gorges, who has one more year left on his current contract. “This is where I want to play and this is where I want to win.”

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=530966

Last edited by Habaneros: 11-27-2011 at 10:19 AM.
Old
11-27-2011, 10:23 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Plekanec happy to be staying in Montreal

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=532358

"I'm not the type of guy who likes to change something. I'm happy with our team, I'm happy with our fans, I'm happy with our city. So why would I change something?" -- Andrei Markov

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=566948

Hal Gill happy to stay with Canadiens

http://www.hockeyinsideout.com/news/...with-canadiens

God I hate people who think they are proving a point by googling "X player happy to play in Montreal".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuggy View Post
Read this @ Habaneros

What's your point? Blame management for not breaking the rules and signing Gorges before January 1st?

This was a stupid bump.

Old
11-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
What's your point? Blame management for not breaking the rules and signing Gorges before January 1st?

This was a stupid bump.
If you read my post i said if Josh isn't signed by FEB , they need to trade him....That was my point and how i think PG screwed up .

And the poster "Carey Price" say's Josh will sign no worries because he loves Montreal,well i just shown 7 other guy's who stated in the paper how they loved Montreal and hoped to stay, and soon left weeks or less than a year later after saying it .

So don't use Gorges love of Montreal as a security blanket.

Old
11-27-2011, 10:30 AM
Gary320

Quote:
If you read my post i said if Josh isn't signed by FEB , they need to trade him....That was my point and how i think PG screwed up .

And the poster "Carey Price" say's Josh will sign no worries because he loves Montreal,well i just shown 7 other guy's who stated in the paper how they loved Montreal and hoped to stay, and soon left weeks or less than a year later after saying it .
What are you trying to imply, they lied?
Seriously, it's a money thing.. If the money isnt right, (Has it is for every league).. then the player wont stay. No matter how awesome the city is.

Old
11-27-2011, 10:32 AM
Jack Bourdain
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:

So then why bump it now? You think PG screwed up because Josh isn't/won't be signed by February? Is it just me or the problem is you, because you assume something that may or may not happen.

Old
11-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary320 View Post
What are you trying to imply, they lied?
Seriously, it's a money thing.. If the money isnt right, (Has it is for every league).. then the player wont stay. No matter how awesome the city is.
How can i "imply" Josh lied? He's still in Montreal .....

Things change a bit when Josh want a long term deal and the Habs wouldn't give him one.

I'm saying just because a player professes to the media how he LOVES Montreal, hugely discount it (the love)at contact time ..

Old
11-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Bourdain View Post
So then why bump it now? You think PG screwed up because Josh isn't/won't be signed by February? Is it just me or the problem is you, because you assume something that may or may not happen.

If i started a new thread on this topic , would the mods move it?where too?
Is posting in a thread where last post was 3 month ago, too old to bump?Show me the rules.

I don't think i did anything wrong by posting Josh G contract talk in a Josh G contract thread......

Old
11-27-2011, 10:46 AM
Gary320

Quote:
How can i "imply" Josh lied? He's still in Montreal .....

Things change a bit when Josh want a long term deal and the Habs wouldn't give him one.

I'm saying just because a player professes to the media how he LOVES Montreal, hugely discount it (the love)at contact time ..
No I was speaking in regards to other quotes you had.

I personally have ZERO problem with the contract of last year. I think it was best for BOTH sides anyway. One side, Canadiens didnt know what they'd get with a Gorges coming out of a huge operation and not having played much. They wanted to stay safe and give him only one year. That's what I think.

On the other side, now Gorges and his agent will get one mill or two million more and a longer term deal.

I have no doubt Gorges will re-sign with the team. I have no doubt he and his agent will be happy too.

I personally think guys like Komisarek, Souray, Streit loved Montreal. But money is far more important than loving a city.. If the money isnt right.. forget it. So I always put little value into "I love this city" when they are asked if they plan to stay.

Old
11-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Habaneros
Habs Cup champs 2010

Quote:

I personally have ZERO problem with the contract of last year. I think it was best for BOTH sides anyway. One side, Canadiens didnt know what they'd get with a Gorges coming out of a huge operation and not having played much. They wanted to stay safe and give him only one year. That's what I think.

On the other side, now Gorges and his agent will get one mill or two million more and a longer term deal.

I have no doubt Gorges will re-sign with the team. I have no doubt he and his agent will be happy too.

I personally think guys like Komisarek, Souray, Streit loved Montreal. But money is far more important than loving a city.. If the money isnt right.. forget it. So I always put little value into "I love this city" when they are asked if they plan to stay.

I hope your right Gary , i really do....i just got bad vibes.

Quote:

Short-Term Deal For Gorges May Hurt Canadiens

by Paul on 07/26/11 at 08:45 PM ET
Comments (0)

from Pat Hickey of the Montreal Gazette,

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.ph...urt_canadiens/

Last edited by Habsfan18: 11-27-2011 at 11:07 AM. Reason: merge
Old
11-27-2011, 11:09 AM
Habsfan18
The Future

New thread here: