HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Buffalo Cap Dump

Old
07-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Jester9881

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
One of us has our 2010-2011 stats on Boyes totally screwed up.

29 yr old Boyes had 12 goals,29 assists.He'll make $4m next season.
21 yr old Bailey had 12 goals,I think 17 assists.He'll likely make $800,000-$1m.
You're right about that, because Brad Boyes had 17G and 38A for 55 points last season....

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/_/id/2017/brad-boyes

Quote:
If Bailey is moved,imo it'll most likely be as part of a package to add a quality,top 4
defenseman.Not a struggling,highly paid winger.
I don't want to trade Bailey for Boyes.

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 08:13 AM
Jester9881

Boyes would be an excellent fit with Tavares. He's a RH playmaker that can ship in 15-20 goals. The last time he was paired with a play making center, he posted 43 and 33 goals respectively. I really think both he, and Tavares would compliment each other beautifully.

He also appears to not have missed a single game due to injury his entire 7 year career.

Old
07-24-2011, 08:24 AM
Luceni

So you guys would do

Boyes, MAG

for

Bailey
?

Luceni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 08:32 AM
Jester9881

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
So you guys would do

Boyes, MAG

for

Bailey
?
I've personally got no interest in MAG, only because I don't think he really fits what the Isles need. I like Boyes, but I'm not willing to trade Josh Bailey for an impending UFA.

I'd trade a mid level prospect or a conditional pick for Boyes. 2nd rounder if Boyes re-signs.

Old
07-24-2011, 11:06 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeroggy View Post
Wow, under that logic we should sign Cheechoo . . .
Do you think the OP realizes that the Andy MacDonald Boyes has success with,is the forward Andy MacDonald and not the isles young defenseman Andy MacDonald?

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 11:10 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luceni View Post
So you guys would do

Boyes, MAG

for

Bailey
?
Do Snow and his scouts consider MAG to be a quality,top 4 defenseman,worth $4m per?

cause I don't see the isles interested in paying Boyes $4m per.

Old
07-24-2011, 11:16 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
Boyes would be an excellent fit with Tavares. He's a RH playmaker that can ship in 15-20 goals. The last time he was paired with a play making center, he posted 43 and 33 goals respectively. I really think both he, and Tavares would compliment each other beautifully.

He also appears to not have missed a single game due to injury his entire 7 year career.
Do you really think the isles would prefer paying Boyes $4m for 15-20 goals, instead of paying Parentau $1.25m for a similar amount of goals?

Old
07-24-2011, 11:20 AM
seafoam
#Sharks2014

vCash: 2049
Quote:
Do you really think the isles would prefer paying Boyes $4m for 15-20 goals, instead of paying Parentau $1.25m for a similar amount of goals?
Boyes could easily net 30 with Tavares.

seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 11:41 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
You're right about that, because Brad Boyes had 17G and 38A for 55 points last season....

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/_/id/2017/brad-boyes

The site I looked at only listed his 1st team's 2010-2011 stats(Blues).

55 pts for Boyes at $4m vs. 51/52 pts for Parentua at less then $1m.Isles got better bang for their buck with P.A.

Old
07-24-2011, 11:54 AM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
I've read several times..

1.Hemsky would score 40 alongside Tavares.
2.Put Gagner on Tavares wing and watch him score 30.
3.Get Komi back to LI and he'll rediscover his game(after 3 disappointing seasons).

We'll just add the Boyes could easily net 30 with Tavares to the list as #4

Putting aside the fact that P.A. was better bang for the buck in 2010-2011,we haven't seen Snow give up high picks/top youngsters for soon to be ufas in several yrs.

I'm not saying Bailey won't be traded imo.I'm saying I think it'll be to address a more pressing need then scoring.Isles had 3 forwards flirting with 30 goals,2 forwards score over 20 and that was all done without much contribution from Bailey and Okposo.

Old
07-24-2011, 01:35 PM
Jester9881

You can't honestly be trying to sell us on the idea that Parenteau is a better option than Boyes on the top line RW.

And to pre-empt your follow up post: Yes.... I do think he is about 3mil worth better than Parenteau. The last time he had a center with passing skills like Tavares, he potted 40 goals.

Edit: Hell.... without McDonald he was still a better player than Parenteau. He was better offensively than anyone on the team not named Tavares.

Old
07-24-2011, 02:52 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
I've read several times..

1.Hemsky would score 40 alongside Tavares.
2.Put Gagner on Tavares wing and watch him score 30.
3.Get Komi back to LI and he'll rediscover his game(after 3 disappointing seasons).

We'll just add the Boyes could easily net 30 with Tavares to the list as #4

Putting aside the fact that P.A. was better bang for the buck in 2010-2011,we haven't seen Snow give up high picks/top youngsters for soon to be ufas in several yrs.

I'm not saying Bailey won't be traded imo.I'm saying I think it'll be to address a more pressing need then scoring.Isles had 3 forwards flirting with 30 goals,2 forwards score over 20 and that was all done without much contribution from Bailey and Okposo.
AND with Scott Scrotum behind the bench for our epic fail.

OlTimeHockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:00 PM
jerseyislander22

Quote:
You can't honestly be trying to sell us on the idea that Parenteau is a better option than Boyes on the top line RW.

And to pre-empt your follow up post: Yes.... I do think he is about 3mil worth better than Parenteau. The last time he had a center with passing skills like Tavares, he potted 40 goals.

Edit: Hell.... without McDonald he was still a better player than Parenteau. He was better offensively than anyone on the team not named Tavares.
he had 55 points, but he only had 17 goals... he can still put up a good amount of points sure, but its not like he's blown away any guys on our roster really. he's in a contract year so for a cheap cheap cheap dump off i'd take Boyes. Otherwise not doing buffalo any favors

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:08 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

Parenteau at $600,000 was better bang for the buck then Boyes at $4m this season.

Grabner 34 goals,Boyes 17 goals
Moulson 30 goals,Boyes 17 goals.
Tavares 29 goals,Boyes 17 goals
Comeau 24 goals,Boyes 17 goals
Parenteau 21 goals,Boyes 17 goals

I wish I had a crystal ball like some posters on this board.How cool to be able to see Boyes bouncing back,scoring 40 goals on Tavares wing

Snow has not traded top prospects or high picks for soon to be ufas in 4 yrs.I don't see him veering from his stated belief,that trades have to make sense for both the short term and the long term.

Moving top prospects or high picks for a top 2/3 defenseman,several yrs from unrestricted free agency makes sense.Moving top prospects or high picks for 1 yr of Boyes doesn't imo make sense.

Old
07-24-2011, 03:17 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaStromey View Post
Few players can "easily" score 30 goals, and Boyes isn't one of them.

That said, I'm not opposed to adding Boyes to the team, but I wouldn't be willing to give up a whole lot for one year of his services. If the deal is PAP and a 3rd rounder, then I'm all for it. I certainly wouldn't trade Bailey for him though.

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:23 PM
jerseyislander22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
Few players can "easily" score 30 goals, and Boyes isn't one of them.

That said, I'm not opposed to adding Boyes to the team, but I wouldn't be willing to give up a whole lot for one year of his services. If the deal is PAP and a 3rd rounder, then I'm all for it. I certainly wouldn't trade Bailey for him though.
if it was just the 3rd rounder i'd do it... not doing them any favors for a guy like Boyes

Old
07-24-2011, 03:30 PM
OlTimeHockey

Quote:
Parenteau at $600,000 was better bang for the buck then Boyes at $4m this season.

I wish I had a crystal ball like some posters on this board.How cool to be able to see Boyes bouncing back,scoring 40 goals on Tavares wing

Snow has not traded top prospects or high picks for soon to be ufas in 4 yrs.I don't see him veering from his stated belief,that trades have to make sense for both the short term and the long term.

Moving top prospects or high picks for a top 2/3 defenseman,several yrs from unrestricted free agency makes sense.Moving top prospects or high picks for 1 yr of Boyes doesn't imo make sense.
Add: can Parenteau improve his puckhandling and positioning?

Thompson did. A lot. PA can surely improve and contribute more. We have the coaching....we have the personnel. Do we have the patience?

Old
07-24-2011, 03:54 PM
Jester9881

Quote:

Are you serious? I don't even know how to respond.

If you can't see that this guy out produced everyone on our roster other than Tavares, playing mostly 3rd line minutes.... I don't know what to tell ya man.

AGAIN.... FOR THE UPTEENTH TIME IN TWO SEPERATE THREADS ON THE ISSUE. I AM NOT, NOR EVER WAS CONDONING TRADING AWAY TOP TALENT OR HIGH DRAFT PICKS FOR BRAD BOYES.

Not sure where you got that from.... but I'm sure it was the same place you got Brad Boyes statistics.

Old
07-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Jester9881

I give up.... I'm convinced we have the most dense fan base in the NHL. First we've got people not only being happy about the possibility of adding Yashin, but actually clammoring for it.

Now we've got people against adding legitimate top line talent BECAUSE WE'VE GOT FREAKIN PA PARENTEAU.

El oh el?

Peace, i'm not coming back..... my intelligence is far to high for some here apparently.

Old
07-24-2011, 04:02 PM
jerseyislander22

Quote:
I give up.... I'm convinced we have the most dense fan base in the NHL. First we've got people not only being happy about the possibility of adding Yashin, but actually clammoring for it.

Now we've got people against adding legitimate top line talent BECAUSE WE'VE GOT FREAKIN PA PARENTEAU.

El oh el?

Peace, i'm not coming back..... my intelligence is far to high for some here apparently.
most people just dont see him as legitmate top line talent... i could care less about not taking him cuz we have PAP... i just dont really want to bail out buffalo....

Old
07-24-2011, 04:09 PM
steveat

we are looking for top D, not top forward...though I personally think Hemsky can be had for cheap and is worth a shot to trade for. Since he is injured a lot..I think we can get him for a low draft pick or a lesser prospect and maybe a conditional...depending on production.

We shouldnt have to trade..we have a deep enough prospect pool..I personally think Rakh can step in and better produce than PA..With Tavares, I think Rakh can have a top side of 85-90 points..without..60-65..possibly 70.

I want to at least give our guys a shot before jumping and adding someone from somewhere else that may not want to be here in the first place.

steveat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:36 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:

El oh el?

Yeah I guessing rolling out,is better then continuing to pull false statements out of your azz.

Nowhere have I said I'm against adding legitimate top line talent because the isles have Parenteau.I said Parenteau at $600,000 was better bang for the buck then Boyes at $4m.

Old
07-24-2011, 05:23 PM
IslandersFan

Quote:

El oh el?

Sweet!!!!

Its summertime and the boards are a little slow so I certainly appreciate posters going all playground on the board!!!!

Can't convince people to support a position based on the merits so we're taking it old school - its been awhile since anyone has used the old "taking my ball and going home" tact...

Sort of reduces the impact of the "my intelligence is far to high for some here" claim though...

Boyes is a nice player. He may very well be a better all around player than PAP. Considering they have been put into different "roles", its apples and oranges for those who are comparing stats. It than becomes a difficult arguement to make that Boyes would be more successful than PAP on the Tavaras line when one needs to speculate on (or against) a tangible attribute (chemestry).

Would I like to see the Isles acquire Boyes? I highly doubt that Boyes is the player thats going to catapult the Isles into the playoff mix, therefore, I'm not losing any sleep if they do or they don't.

IslandersFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 10:57 PM
A Pointed Stick
No! Slp! Til Brklyn!

Quote:

If he signs long term (agreed to ahead of time), that changes things, though when I say "he" I don't mean Boyes, but the concept of a first line wing, which I am not sold on with him. I think there are better targets assuming they'd want to be here.

I saw Parenteau brought up before and I'd live with him on line two, but this line one crap has got to stop because he's not that good physically or mentally. I can wait on that bit until the defense is straightened out first. That's where I'd throw my available trade pieces first. What little Garth is willing to move would likely all need to go in on the assumed defenseman.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-25-2011, 03:05 AM
OlTimeHockey

So if Nino plays better on Tavares line with Moulson, he stays. If Comeau could, he would. Maybe Parenteau is the best on that line.

So we might have to get someone better or deal with it. I'm sure the coach has used several combos and deems this one fits.

Maybe he will improve this stickwork and passing this summer? I wouldn't worry. He's a better shot than Okposo, moving Grabner would mess with two chemistries (Nielson and Grabs), Comeau is good with Bailey......so it looks like Nino has to knock PA out of there.

So why all the drama? If Nino is better on line one or anyone else moving to line one improves the team's chances, some paid NHL coaches might find out before we do.