HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Rangers to trade Zuccarello ?

Old
07-28-2011, 04:11 AM
jfc64

vCash: 500
Avs are interrested, I'm sure. A defender for Zuccarello? Or two? Hunwick and Cumiskey?

jfc64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:29 AM
Staals Eye
once TortsKindaGuy

vCash: 1187
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfc64 View Post
Avs are interrested, I'm sure. A defender for Zuccarello? Or two? Hunwick and Cumiskey?
We don't need any D. We need some top 6 forwards tho.....

Staals Eye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:11 AM
broadwayblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts Kinda Guy View Post
We don't need any D. We need some top 6 forwards tho.....
We'd have to include more than MZA to get a top 6 forward back.

broadwayblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:21 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxZENxxx View Post
I doubt any of the three (Zuc, WW, EC) are part of the future of this team, so it is not surprising... even if speculation.

* EC - he is a affordable and because of that (even if I hate saying it)... he is the prototypical 13th forward. Think about it, if BR got hurt, is there any other player that could hypothetically fill in for a game or 2 and do okay? He doesn't seem to do well consistently, but you at least he can produce on a short-term basis. Now I am going to punch myself for saying something nice about EC. That being said, if someone offers more than a 5th, you have to consider it.

* Wolski - of the 3, WW (by far) has the most potential. If they could somehow get this kid's head and work habits straightened out, then he could easily put up a tremendous season. There are a lot of good guys on this team that work hard, so I wouldn't underestimate their influence on a player like Wolski IF he is willing to change. SO MUCH TALENT. That being said, if you can get something good (top prospect or 1st/2nd rounder) for him, you move him and his salary.

* Zuc - he is the toughest to figure out. He is a TREMENDOUS playmaker, but he just could not put the puck in the net. He also got brutalized on the ice by other team's top lines as well as much physically larger players. Will he overcome that? I am just not sure, which is why you probably have to move him (Detroit maybe?) if someone offers a 2nd or higher.

Wow, Wolski tremendous talent that is a bit of an overstatement. Zucc has the most potential of the three no question about it. W2 has played in this league for almost 5 years and nothing has changed why would it change now, because if hes anything the same hes a liability and not worth having on a team roster. Just because a guy like Wolski can stickhandle does not mean he has potential there is much more to a hockey player than that. Zucc has the toughness W2 does not have and has better vision, creativity, spacing. W2 may have more size but that means jack if he doesent use it.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:28 AM
satrabyk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalfdiggity3 View Post
Mike cammallieri is awesome and I'd love it if Thomas would turn into that. My comparison is zach parise on the devils. Same size, shot, style of play, all that.
If he plays like Parise that would be pretty awesome a smaller guy that likes to play the boards use his body similar to Crosby and score goals that would be one sick player. something tells me he is not Parise style player though.

satrabyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 01:25 PM
Fleury4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
Wow, Wolski tremendous talent that is a bit of an overstatement. Zucc has the most potential of the three no question about it. W2 has played in this league for almost 5 years and nothing has changed why would it change now, because if hes anything the same hes a liability and not worth having on a team roster. Just because a guy like Wolski can stickhandle does not mean he has potential there is much more to a hockey player than that. Zucc has the toughness W2 does not have and has better vision, creativity, spacing. W2 may have more size but that means jack if he doesent use it.
There is literally nothing Zuccarello does better than Wolski. Wolski has not been as good as possible, but he dropped 65 points two years ago and was effective in 7 games against Detroit in the playoffs.

Not to pick on you, since you sound like a kid, but there are a lot of people making emotionally based statements in favor of Zuccarello.

He's not worth his salary at the moment, so he's going to be vulnerable. Wolski will also be vulnerable if he does not start earning his salary. They are on different levels though, Zuccarello cannot be viewed as a substitute for Wolski (in a contract year no less).

I'd say Wolski outscores Jagr this year if he's playing on the 2nd line and getting PP time.

Fleury4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 01:46 PM
Chalfdiggity3

Quote:
Originally Posted by satrabyk View Post
If he plays like Parise that would be pretty awesome a smaller guy that likes to play the boards use his body similar to Crosby and score goals that would be one sick player. something tells me he is not Parise style player though.
Dont see how you can say he does NOT play like Parise. Thomas has a great shot, very good speed and agility, skilled puckhandler and playmaker, along with a blazing shot. he doesnt shy away from contact, or mind going into the boards to get the puck. Likes to go hard to the net and get rebounds.

Sounds like another Zach Parise mold to me. Even if thomas turns into a lesser parise, he would still end up being a 60pt player..

To have Dubinsky, Stepan, Anisimov, Gaborik, Richards, and callahan all ready and able to hit 60pts and the additions of Krieder and Thomas in two years, man oh man. we may not have top end talent but we have alot of very good players

Chalfdiggity3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 01:54 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Enough of the baseless speculative banter. Zucc has played half a season in NA and the NHL. The jury is still out. Way out. We get it. He's small. We get it. He isn't Ryan Callahan or Brandon Dubinsky. I can't wait for Zuccarello to explode this year and prove all the doubters wrong. The very same posters will then be riding the Zucc bandwagon. Happens every year with someone. See: Dan Girardi. I was in the minority who didn't want to trade him for a draft pick or some crap return just to get him off the team because he didnt take a dumb penalty to protect Gaborik who clearly chose to engage carcillo. Zucc is going to win all of you impatient children over.

Last edited by Zuccarello Awesome*: 07-28-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 01:57 PM
Zuccarello Awesome*

Theres also absolutely no need to attempt to compare our prospects and young players to proven NHL stars. Let Christian Thomas be the next... Christian Thomas. Enough is enough. I know it's a long offseason but let's have some self control. Were Rangers fans. Not leafs fans.

Zuccarello Awesome* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 02:21 PM
Inferno
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuccarello Awesome View Post
Theres also absolutely no need to attempt to compare our prospects and young players to proven NHL stars. Let Christian Thomas be the next... Christian Thomas. Enough is enough. I know it's a long offseason but let's have some self control. Were Rangers fans. Not leafs fans.
why not? it gives us something to do, it allows us to potentially think about where they should be playing, and guesstimate what kind of career they may have. the Cam comparison is more about, to me, the quality of Thomas's shot rather than anything else. Cam has a ridiculously awesome shot, and Thomas does as well. Does that mean Thomas will have the career Cam has? No. But it allows us to talk about potential. And thats what this board is about right? prospects, potential, etc.

besides, if ppl can talk about how Barbara Underhill is going to solve the Default crisis, then I can talk about comparative players for Christian Thomas

Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 02:24 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

The REAL question is why are people talking about trading MZA, a potential top 6 forward, for a proven top 6 forward?

That just makes no sense.

BlueshirtBlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 03:13 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz View Post
The REAL question is why are people talking about trading MZA, a potential top 6 forward, for a proven top 6 forward?

thats like saying 'why would someone trade a blank piece of paper that a dollar can be printed on for a $100 bill?'

trading dubinsky, a top 6 forward, for another top 6 forward might not make sense...trading a guy with 'potential' that might not even crack the lineup for a legit top 6 forward makes all the sense in the world.

CM PUNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 03:17 PM
JeffMangum
Ra shi da

vCash: 300
Quote:

It makes plenty of sense.

Zuccarello might never become a top-6 forward. The 'proven top-6 forward', well, is.

The Rangers wouldn't get a top-6 forward for Zuccarello, so it's really a moot point. I don't see the incentive in moving him for a draft pick, which is probably the most valuable asset you'd get back for MZA at this juncture.

And, under that assumption, I'd rather hold onto him with the hope than he can perform well on a line with Stepan/Fedotenko this season, which is the line I would expect him to play on.

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 03:21 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
It makes plenty of sense.

Zuccarello might never become a top-6 forward. The 'proven top-6 forward', well, is.

The Rangers wouldn't get a top-6 forward for Zuccarello, so it's really a moot point. I don't see the incentive in moving him for a draft pick, which is probably the most valuable asset you'd get back for MZA at this juncture.

And, under that assumption, I'd rather hold onto him with the hope than he can perform well on a line with Stepan/Fedotenko this season, which is the line I would expect him to play on.
Exactly. That doesn't happen.

You keep a guy with potential and not flip him for a 3rd-4th where you likely won't get a guy like him.

MZA dominated the SEL. He's talented. It's ridiculous that some people don't want to give him a chance.

Old
07-28-2011, 03:27 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
Exactly. That doesn't happen.

You keep a guy with potential and not flip him for a 3rd-4th where you likely won't get a guy like him.

MZA dominated the SEL. He's talented. It's ridiculous that some people don't want to give him a chance.
saying we should be patient and give him a chance is completely different than saying it doesn't make sense to trade him for a better and proven top 6 player. i can agree with the 'lets be patient and give him a chance' argument.

Old
07-28-2011, 03:30 PM
Esa 10

Thomas has more potential to never make it as a NHL player than be a 40 goal scorer. He's a good prospect, but not the "can't miss" type you can formulate a team's future plans around. Zucca's place with the Rangers is more dependent on other factors than Thomas.

Is he a significantly better player after last year's experience in NA? Can he beat out Wolski, Fedotenko, or Avery for a place in the top 9? Do they start him with the Pack if the answer is no?

Organizational depth is important. He can keep polishing his game on the smaller ice in Hartford until an inevitable injury or 2 occur. The Rangers don't have anyone else who can step into a scoring role without being subject to waivers.

If he improves, great, there will be openings on the 12-13 roster. If he doesn't, cut him loose or make a trade after this season. Unless he brings back a significant asset (highly unlikely), you are not missing out on anything by holding on to Zuccarello right now.

Esa 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:24 PM
LeafsFan2342
#CallupColborne

Mats Zuccarello
2012 1st

Clarke MacArthur
2012 3rd
2012 6th

LeafsFan2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:29 PM
Vitto79

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsFan2342 View Post

Mats Zuccarello
2012 1st

Clarke MacArthur
2012 3rd
2012 6th
not giving up a 1st so discussion done plus McArthur just resigned with the Leafs and does he not do well with Grabovski and Kulemin?

There is no pt to move Zuke, he has an option to go down which he likely will then. If anyone gets hurt he is a logical top 6 call up. Also if the right top LW is available he is a good trade chip in a package

Vitto79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:32 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

I was saying NOBODY is going to give up a proven top 6 player for a non-proven top 6 player. It makes sense from our point of view, not from anybody else's.

Old
07-28-2011, 07:47 PM
NikC

imo unless the kid explodes offensively next season i don't see where he fits in this system, because there's very little outside of offense he can bring to this team's current structure.

NikC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:13 PM
CM PUNK

Quote:
I was saying NOBODY is going to give up a proven top 6 player for a non-proven top 6 player. It makes sense from our point of view, not from anybody else's.
well we obviously wouldn't be trading him straight up for a top 6 guy. it would be part of a package

Old
07-28-2011, 09:47 PM
offdacrossbar
with the 10th pick..

mza has a lot of you snookered. hes got talent but hes also got some serious flaws.

the kid has good hands, no doubt and he sees the ice really well. his passing skills are legit. and hes money in shootouts. other than that, hes a marginal nhl player right now.

but, hes really small and not fast. bad combo.

i think another year in hartford getting used to the smaller n/a rinks would help. that and improving his first few steps.

offdacrossbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:58 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Zucc is a tweener and as the above mentioned poster said he's too small and not fast enough. He's terrible defensively and I think that outweighs his skill. He could end up a liability defensively. However, I'll give him another chance to prove himself since it's tough adjusting in his first NA pro season. I say no to trading him at the moment.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:09 PM
Dagoon44

Send a message via AIM to Dagoon44 Send a message via Yahoo to Dagoon44
he is a four A player he will score like crazy for the whale and be nhl ready come to the nhl and be so so he is not the flash in the pan u all want.

Dagoon44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 07:13 AM
fredrikstad

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno272 View Post
why not? it gives us something to do, it allows us to potentially think about where they should be playing, and guesstimate what kind of career they may have. the Cam comparison is more about, to me, the quality of Thomas's shot rather than anything else. Cam has a ridiculously awesome shot, and Thomas does as well. Does that mean Thomas will have the career Cam has? No. But it allows us to talk about potential. And thats what this board is about right? prospects, potential, etc.

besides, if ppl can talk about how Barbara Underhill is going to solve the Default crisis, then I can talk about comparative players for Christian Thomas

Just a litle reminder from the archives:
http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/t-

860022.html

http://hfboards.com/archive/index.php/t-

862218.html

RangerEsq01-26-2011, 01:41 PM
11 points in 17 games + being money the

shootout is very respectable. He's on

pace for 30 points in 47 games (unless he

gets injured or sent down )

Even when he isn't getting on the

scoreboard, he's contributing in another

way. He makes a lot of plays out there.

Comparing him to Dawes and Prucha just

because his small is dumb.

Shootout goals are goals too, probably

more important than regular goals. 11

points + 4 SO goals = 15 pucks in the net

over 17 games, and 14 over the last 12

games. I'll take it. The kid definitely

brought us several points over the games

he's played here.

I really don't see him going down. Zucca

deserves second line duty.

By the way a line of Prust - Boyle -

Callahan is probably the best third line

in the game. Maybe someone will score

more, but for what you want from a third

line, nobody is better.

Even the 4th line of Avery - Drury - Feds

would be a very good third line, and they

will be a 4th line when everyone is

healthy.

Purple McIlwraath03-18-2011, 11:03 AM
Intervju with Zuke, about his time in NY

so far + +

http://translate.google.no/translate?

js=n&prev=_t&hl=no&ie=UTF-

8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=no&tl=en&u=http%3A%

2F%2Fwww.tv2sporten.no%2Fishockey%2Fzucc

arello-nyter-livet-i-new-york-du-vet-

aldri-hvor-lenge-det-varer-

3446041.html&act=url

I dont know if people outside norway can

see it, if not hopefully someone with

better computer skills than me can upload

to youtude or something..

Good interview, link works fine! Thanks a

lot!!!

Love Zucc. Hope he gets signed long term

here. Between his first HUGE overtime

goal against Carolina, to his multiple

shootout goals, you can't say he hasn't

made an impact.

36GP - 6G - 14A - 20P - (+5)

Shooutout statistics: 5/8, with 3 GDG

(game deciding goals)

How anyone can be upset with this stat-

line for a rookie is beyond me.

Keep it up Zucc!!!"

Almost everyone meant he was a keeper ans a lock during janury and february,before he ran out of gas in mars.
he come back stronger (I hope )

fredrikstad is offline   Reply With Quote