HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Columbus signs Vinny Prospal

Closed Thread

Old
07-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Trxjw
Retired.

vCash: 500
Best of luck to Vinny. Hope he can stay healthy and contribute in Columbus.

Old
07-23-2011, 04:19 PM
gotmonte

So sad SOOOO sad. God bless you Vaclav Prospal. You deserve the world for your boyish enthusiasm when you or a teamate scores. You will be SORLEY MISSED. SORELY

Old
07-23-2011, 04:40 PM
Bendermania
Giants Mets Rangers

good for him. he will be missed as a big personality for the Rangers but I hope he does well with Columbus

Old
07-23-2011, 04:47 PM
free0717

Vinny you were a warrior for us and helped us get in the playoffs last year. Good Luck in Columbus.

Old
07-23-2011, 04:59 PM
Ollie Queen
After 5 years...

I'm with RB. I didn't want him back. It's time to move forward.

Old
07-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Zats Muccarello
Grinder

Gonna miss him

Old
07-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Riche16
McCready guitar god

Best of luck Vinnie.

It was time to move on tho...

Old
07-23-2011, 05:19 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panfork View Post
I was a big fan of Vinny before he was a Ranger, a bigger fan when he was a Ranger, and I'll continue to be his fan after he's a Ranger.

Gonna miss having Vinny here, but I'm glad to see everybody grew so fond of him while he was here. He's really a class act, a terrific player, and a great leader.

Ditto.

Old
07-23-2011, 05:37 PM
Ail
Girardi Sucks

Peace VP, good luck in Columbus.

Old
07-23-2011, 05:46 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prustqvist24 View Post
I'm with RB. I didn't want him back. It's time to move forward.
I just still don't understand this.

Without Vinny Prospal, a proven top 6 player, our other option for top 6 Left winger is Wolski.

It would've been a very smart move to sign Prospal, because even if he blows out his knee he goes on LTIR, gets his money, retires or whatever, and then we still have Wolski but have had however many games with a stronger top 6.

Old
07-23-2011, 05:55 PM
hpNYR
HF Forecaster

Hmm...lead the team in points after coming back from the injury...

Would like to see that production replaced whether it's within or from the outside.

Old
07-23-2011, 06:04 PM
BlueshirtBlitz
Rich Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by hpNYR View Post
Hmm...lead the team in points after coming back from the injury...

Would like to see that production replaced whether it's within or from the outside.
If all goes well, it will be from Gaborik not sucking.

But Wolski is now more than likely going to play on the second or first line, and after thinking about how much I would've liked Vinny on either line i'm not pleased with that at all.

Old
07-23-2011, 06:17 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

There buying and selling points with Vinny.

Pros
- This team needs a veteran presence on it. Sure Richards will be a leader, but he might be the only player on the team above the age of 30 when it's all said and done.
- They also need a top-6 forward who can produce. Prospal still to this day has shown he can produce. 50 points? Sure, I'll take it. I know the Rangers could use it.
- There are few who have played in the last 20 years who have exuded the enthusiasm and intensity that Prospal has. I don't think think you can place value on someone who geniunely wants to be here and wanted to be a Ranger more than anything in the world.

Cons
- He's getting up there in age.
- On top of that, as we all know, he had major knee surgery last year, and for a player who wasn't overly fast to begin with, he came back slower than he was before. Who knows how he'll hold up over a full season this year.
- Sure, he's produced in the past, but how will his injury affect his production?
- Bringing him back would have created a log jam at forward. The Rangers are looking to hold onto Wolski from the look of things, and I think even if they have to move him after the Callahan contract is finalized, I think a younger guy like possibly a Hagelin or a Weise is gonna get a look in a bottom 6 role.

I don't know, I'm kinda torn on this after all is said and done.

Old
07-23-2011, 06:28 PM
94now

I think Sather lost a waiting game here. He would take him cheap as a depth F, but his agent found the place where, unlike NYC, GM is really worried about his job and is willing to spend.
No big loss. Thanks for two good years, Vaclav.

Old
07-23-2011, 06:29 PM
NYR94

Send a message via AIM to NYR94
Farewell, Tan Man.

Old
07-23-2011, 06:43 PM
Mr Atoz*
I hid the Atavachron

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94now View Post
I think Sather lost a waiting game here. He would take him cheap as a depth F, but his agent found the place where, unlike NYC, GM is really worried about his job and is willing to spend.
No big loss. Thanks for two good years, Vaclav.
Sather's spending on Redden & Drury depletes what he can spend elsewhere. Since the cap no contract is in a vacuum.

Old
07-23-2011, 07:05 PM
New York RKY
Let's Go Rangers!

It's sad to see him go.

I wouldn't mind either way if we brought him back or lwt him go but VP was a good guy.

I want to wish him the best of luck in Columbus.

Truly class act.

Old
07-23-2011, 07:24 PM
asparkoflife

Im gonna miss Vinny.

Old
07-23-2011, 07:27 PM
NYRKING30

good luck in columbus to vin, it was great to have him here the past 2 seasons. watching him with gaborik 2 seasons ago was really fun and hes leadership will be missed.

Old
07-23-2011, 07:28 PM
Kershaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldshot View Post
There buying and selling points with Vinny.

Pros
- This team needs a veteran presence on it. Sure Richards will be a leader, but he might be the only player on the team above the age of 30 when it's all said and done.
- They also need a top-6 forward who can produce. Prospal still to this day has shown he can produce. 50 points? Sure, I'll take it. I know the Rangers could use it.
- There are few who have played in the last 20 years who have exuded the enthusiasm and intensity that Prospal has. I don't think think you can place value on someone who geniunely wants to be here and wanted to be a Ranger more than anything in the world.

Cons
- He's getting up there in age.
- On top of that, as we all know, he had major knee surgery last year, and for a player who wasn't overly fast to begin with, he came back slower than he was before. Who knows how he'll hold up over a full season this year.
- Sure, he's produced in the past, but how will his injury affect his production?
- Bringing him back would have created a log jam at forward. The Rangers are looking to hold onto Wolski from the look of things, and I think even if they have to move him after the Callahan contract is finalized, I think a younger guy like possibly a Hagelin or a Weise is gonna get a look in a bottom 6 role.

I don't know, I'm kinda torn on this after all is said and done.
Excellent post. Summed up my thoughts. I for sure though would've preferred him over Wolski. Regardless of age.

Old
07-23-2011, 07:34 PM
Gardner McKay
Hey Hey

vCash: 122
Like others have said, I am not surprised, but I will miss his enthusiasm. Its not worth a 2 mil+ cap hit. Best of luck to spraytan.

Old
07-23-2011, 09:08 PM
trilobyte

What I have been grappling with is a real liking of Vinny, and a real ambivalence to Wolski.

Lots of folks say that it is too early to quit on Wolski. Guess what, I tend to agree, but I chalk that up to just figuring there must be something about Wolski I am missing, and will extend the benefit of the doubt.

On the other side of the equation, I just loved the points that Prospal could get. I never had to try figure out what his game was, how he was developing. He kept paying back when he was out there.

But, I can understand the reasoning behind the lack of an offer. I'm not going to fight that, I'm just accepting and moving on.

I am going to miss Prospal because he was good, he was anything but beige, and he was extremely enthusiastic.
Mostly, I'm hoping that his knee is sound and he finishes out his career well. He deserves that.

Old
07-23-2011, 09:32 PM
The Amity Affliction
Chasing Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duskfamous View Post
Excellent post. Summed up my thoughts. I for sure though would've preferred him over Wolski. Regardless of age.
I don't know man. I'm kinda torn. Wolski's potential is very appealing, and seeing him go and skate with Underhill with Boyle and Del Zotto is very nice. I don't know if he'll ever have the tenacity to become the player that he could. He's a total head-scratcher like Kovaloaf is/was.

Vinny's reliable. You know what you'll get with him, and that's part of what made him so likable amongst us fans, and everywhere else he's ever played. Not only that, but a classy guy, who from all accounts that I've heard of, is the kind to stop and offer an autograph, and loved helping out in the community. A guy that genuinely wanted to be in NY playing with Richards and Tortarella, but has to put food on the table when it's all said and done.

I don't hold a grudge at all. I'll miss Vinny as most of us will. Good luck to him in Columbus. I'm just hoping now that Wolski can make up for lost production, because I have a very good feeling (unless something has lit a fire under his ass) that he'll be the same loafer that doesn't know what the corner of a rink looks like or how to battle down low.

Old
07-23-2011, 09:41 PM
PawelW007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sting36e View Post
Shame, he should have been re-signed. Would have added much needed skill to the Anisimov-Callahan second line.
prediction hubris eh? Who says they break apart the DAC line?

Old
07-23-2011, 09:47 PM
darko

Wanted him to return for another season. Will definitely miss Vinny, best of luck to him in Columbus.

Closed Thread