HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Isles and Preds talking to Buffalo

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-24-2011, 03:29 PM
  #51
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,723
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester9881 View Post
I don't see how adding a forward stops the Islanders from adding a defenseman. Are they only allowed to upgrade one thing at a time? And I disagree.... they need a top 6 playmaking RW and a top pairing defenseman.

Edit: and where did I ever condone trading a high pick or top young player for him?
You're suggesting trading for a $4m forward,who's 17 goals would have been 6th on the team this season.A forward who I believe is a ufa next July.
The press is telling us Snow tried to add a $5.5m defenseman.Snow has said he wants to trade for that defensive upgrade.

Snow will not imo give up the necessary cheap,young talent and payroll to add both Boyes at $4m+a top 4 defenseman in the $5m range.He is still in a major youth movement/rebuild.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:34 PM
  #52
Kevin27nyi
Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 10,052
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
He Goc Ya

Kevin27nyi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:37 PM
  #53
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin27NYI View Post
He Goc Ya


very true, me too.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:42 PM
  #54
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,841
vCash: 500
We could deal O'Reilly. We have these centers under contract right now. Legwand, Fisher, Wilson, O'Reilly, Spaling, Smithson. Dealing O'Reilly would take away from our immense amount of playmakers. It would move one of Smithson/Spaling/Wilson to the fourth line thus either negating the defensive prowess of the Spaling/Smithson duo or hindering the development of Wilson. At this point in the discussion, for Preds fans anyway, is the trade for Boyes worth the loss of either of those? Also, whose spot does he take in the top six? I'd imagine it would have to be Colin Wilson considering the only other top six right winger we have is Hornqvist (not taking Bergfors into account).

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:43 PM
  #55
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predsrule View Post
wouldnt give more than that. Boyes isnt that great....

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:46 PM
  #56
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
everybody knows the buffalo got him for a second....... ppl are overrating the hell outta boyes here.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:47 PM
  #57
Jester9881
Registered User
 
Jester9881's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Long Island NY
Posts: 6,920
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
You're suggesting trading for a $4m forward,who's 17 goals would have been 6th on the team this season.A forward who I believe is a ufa next July.
The press is telling us Snow tried to add a $5.5m defenseman.Snow has said he wants to trade for that defensive upgrade.

Snow will not imo give up the necessary cheap,young talent and payroll to add both Boyes at $4m+a top 4 defenseman in the $5m range.He is still in a major youth movement/rebuild.
Awesome how you cherry pick stats. 17 goals...... but he also had 55 points, enough to place 2nd on the Isles last season. He's a guy that sets up goals for his team mates.... something that top line could really use. So what if he's a ufa in july? Aren't you the same guy that was making a fuss about Parenteau? Isn't he a ufa in July too? Is this Jekyl? Can I please speak to Mr Hyde for a moment?

Who cares if Snow tried to add a defenseman? Of course he did.... the Isles needa top paring defenseman. Does that mean that the world needs to stop until they fill that need? Should they not improve other areas of the team, because Ehrhoff decided not to sign here?

Again.... in CAPS because you apparently didn't see it the last time.

WHO IS CONDONING TRADING AWAY HIGH DRAFT PICKS OR YOUNG TALENT FOR BRAD BOYES?!

Jester9881 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:48 PM
  #58
ct2111
Registered User
 
ct2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
wouldnt give more than that. Boyes isnt that great....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
everybody knows the buffalo got him for a second....... ppl are overrating the hell outta boyes here.


It wouldn't take Ellis+2nd to get Boyes. That's what the replies meant.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:49 PM
  #59
boredmale
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 26,948
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
everybody knows the buffalo got him for a second....... ppl are overrating the hell outta boyes here.
I have to agree, if Buffalo trades Boyes I would assume it would be for a 2nd rounder and not much more

boredmale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:50 PM
  #60
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn View Post


It wouldn't take Ellis+2nd to get Boyes. That's what the replies meant.
haha i just re read the first page, no big deal

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:53 PM
  #61
Eternal Sunshine
 
Eternal Sunshine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Ottawa
Country: Somalia
Posts: 25,480
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
wouldnt give more than that. Boyes isnt that great....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
everybody knows the buffalo got him for a second....... ppl are overrating the hell outta boyes here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
haha i just re read the first page, no big deal
I guess we were the ones who Goc'd you

Eternal Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:56 PM
  #62
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by boredmale View Post
I have to agree, if Buffalo trades Boyes I would assume it would be for a 2nd rounder and not much more
I'd offer a 3rd, because you dealt a 2nd, but got some time out of him. A 3rd now would be reasonable I think.

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:57 PM
  #63
kypredsfan
Weber is OUR captain
 
kypredsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Nashville, TN
Country: United States
Posts: 4,788
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
haha i just re read the first page, no big deal

kypredsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 03:58 PM
  #64
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Neal/Rinne
 
CalleJAMkrok's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Yesterday
Country: Ireland
Posts: 4,153
vCash: 500
if we ever got boyes, i agree with Thirdman, where will he fit? we'd have to move a roster player at one point or another.

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:01 PM
  #65
SoFFacet
Registered User
 
SoFFacet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kypredsfan View Post
I'd offer a 3rd, because you dealt a 2nd, but got some time out of him. A 3rd now would be reasonable I think.
We're trying to win now and we don't have a comfortable replacement for him this year. We don't have to get rid of him if we don't want to, since dumping Kotalik and Morrisonn will alleviate all of our cap concerns. Therefore he's worth more to us this year than a 3rd, or even a 2nd would be. If you aren't willing to give up more than that because it wouldn't be 'fair,' then thats fine, we'll just keep him.

SoFFacet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:17 PM
  #66
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,723
vCash: 55
Quote:
Awesome how you cherry pick stats. 17 goals...... but he also had 55 points, enough to place 2nd on the Isles last season. He's a guy that sets up goals for his team mates.... something that top line could really use. So what if he's a ufa in july? Aren't you the same guy that was making a fuss about Parenteau? Isn't he a ufa in July too? Is this Jekyl? Can I please speak to Mr Hyde for a moment?
What fuss did I make about Parenteau?Please show the quote/post!
I have pointed out a few times that Parenteau is on a dirt cheap,1 yr contract.I've posted that imo he is on the roster to buy development time for Nino.I also pointed out that we saw Boyes get $4m for his 55 pts,while Parenteau got about $600,000 for his 51/52 pts.Is that the so called fuss?

Quote:
Who cares if Snow tried to add a defenseman? Of course he did.... the Isles needa top paring defenseman. Does that mean that the world needs to stop until they fill that need? Should they not improve other areas of the team, because Ehrhoff decided not to sign here?
Snow has an internal budget and with his reluctance to deal away high picks/top prospects,he won't want to give up the trade chips and payroll for both Boyes and a $5m defenseman.Is Ehrhoff the only quality blueliner?there won't be another available between niow and the trade deadline?

Quote:
Again.... in CAPS because you apparently didn't see it the last time.

WHO IS CONDONING TRADING AWAY HIGH DRAFT PICKS OR YOUNG TALENT FOR BRAD BOYES?

The Sabres have other options for getting below the cap ceiling.They don't have to trade Boyes.After losing Connolly and failing to sign a #1 center,they are looking for a #1 center or a young nhler/top prospect who can be developed into that #1` center.Some Isle fans are ready to write off 21 yr old Bailey,move him.Snow's given no indication he's at that pt.Gee.WHAT DO YOU THINK THE SABRES WILL DEMAND IN A BOYES TRADE?


Last edited by CREW99AW: 07-24-2011 at 04:23 PM.
CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:26 PM
  #67
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 30,723
vCash: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goc Ya View Post
everybody knows the buffalo got him for a second....... ppl are overrating the hell outta boyes here.


I thinka a 2nd is fair value.However,the Sabres do have other options for getting below the cap ceiling.

I would expect Regier to hold out for a young center,with high potential.One who's either already in the nhl or close to being nhl ready.

CREW99AW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:32 PM
  #68
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,841
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
I thinka a 2nd is fair value.However,the Sabres do have other options for getting below the cap ceiling.

I would expect Regier to hold out for a young center,with high potential.One who's either already in the nhl or close to being nhl ready.
This. Brad Boyes isn't the only option, or even the best option, for the Sabres to get cap compliant. The reason he is being discussed is because he is the most attractive option. Rarely does that scenario work out.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:37 PM
  #69
RaiderDoug
Registered User
 
RaiderDoug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Knoxville
Country: United States
Posts: 2,002
vCash: 500
Something built around O'Reilly would work for the Preds.

O'Reilly is this years Rich Peverly, Simon Gamache, Linus Klasen, Ryan Jones, Santorelli, (insert your favorite David Poile "im excited to see what this guy can do" prospect that really isn't all that great of a prospect at all).

Besides, where's he gonna play? Smithson has compromising photos of Trotz, Spaling looks like he might be a pretty good Predator player, and Fisher/Legwand got the first 2 lines down.

Erat-Legwand-Hornqvist
SK-Fisher-Boyes
Toots-Spaling-Wilson
Bergfors-Smithson-Halischuk
Geoffrion

Works for us if it works for the Sabres.

RaiderDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 04:41 PM
  #70
Beerz
Registered User
 
Beerz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 18,254
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Something built around O'Reilly would work for the Preds.

O'Reilly is this years Rich Peverly, Simon Gamache, Linus Klasen, Ryan Jones, Santorelli, (insert your favorite David Poile "im excited to see what this guy can do" prospect that really isn't all that great of a prospect at all).

Besides, where's he gonna play? Smithson has compromising photos of Trotz, Spaling looks like he might be a pretty good Predator player, and Fisher/Legwand got the first 2 lines down.

Erat-Legwand-Hornqvist
SK-Fisher-Boyes
Toots-Spaling-Wilson
Bergfors-Smithson-Halischuk
Geoffrion

Works for us if it works for the Sabres.
-------------------------------------

I'm not opposed to it...... Hell .. I'd even throw the Preds Morrison for free... ..... We may be losing a little offense but ... i still think we need a proven center ... So .. I'd do it... You might get some displeasure from other Sabre fans tho.

Beerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 05:25 PM
  #71
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,741
vCash: 500
Heh, O'Reilly and Bouillon (Who Buffalo can instantly LTIR because of Boullion's concussion.) for Morrison and Boyes.

Buffalo gets a player who takes Morrison off the books and off their cap in Bouillon. O'reilly gives them a young center.

Nashville get's Boyes and a vet D-man in Morrison.

it's the same type of trade that Nashville made with Toronto.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 05:28 PM
  #72
ct2111
Registered User
 
ct2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 2,901
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatCat999 View Post
Heh, O'Reilly and Bouillon (Who Buffalo can instantly LTIR because of Boullion's concussion.) for Morrison and Boyes.

Buffalo gets a player who takes Morrison off the books and off their cap in Bouillon. O'reilly gives them a young center.

Nashville get's Boyes and a vet D-man in Morrison.

it's the same type of trade that Nashville made with Toronto.
Not really. Unless you think Boyes has no/negative value.

ct2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 05:33 PM
  #73
TMI
Mod Supervisor
 
TMI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Murfreesboro, TN
Posts: 46,841
vCash: 500
I think he meant that it eases one club's financial woes while it brings back some talent for the other club.

TMI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 05:38 PM
  #74
BigFatCat999
I love GoOoOlD
 
BigFatCat999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Campbell, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 10,741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdManIn View Post
I think he meant that it eases one club's financial woes while it brings back some talent for the other club.
Exactly. Also for Nashville to take both Boyes and the defenseman they need Buffalo to take either Lebda or Bouillon to stay under the mid-point.

BigFatCat999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-24-2011, 05:50 PM
  #75
Paranoid Android
ERMAHGERD
 
Paranoid Android's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: CO
Posts: 11,910
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDoug View Post
Something built around O'Reilly would work for the Preds.

O'Reilly is this years Rich Peverly, Simon Gamache, Linus Klasen, Ryan Jones, Santorelli, (insert your favorite David Poile "im excited to see what this guy can do" prospect that really isn't all that great of a prospect at all).

Besides, where's he gonna play? Smithson has compromising photos of Trotz, Spaling looks like he might be a pretty good Predator player, and Fisher/Legwand got the first 2 lines down.

Erat-Legwand-Hornqvist
SK-Fisher-Boyes
Toots-Spaling-Wilson
Bergfors-Smithson-Halischuk
Geoffrion

Works for us if it works for the Sabres.
I strongly disagree with your assessment on O'Reilly. None of those other players had such a great start to a season as O'Reilly did. He was our leading scorer after 2 and a half months, went into a 2 week slump, then broke his leg. Can't say anything remotely similar about the players you just listed (referring to the the points part here ).

Also, why are you splitting up Smithson and Spaling? They showed that they have great chemistry together, and have been on the same line for a while now. Spaling usually plays center, but they swap sometimes too.

I don't think O'Reilly will be our savior or anything, but how can you write him off already with all that he's shown?

Paranoid Android is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.