HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Mike Richards Press Event / Interviews [Merged]

Old
07-27-2011, 11:08 PM
Chazz Reinhold

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Wait, foreal? didn't watch the video . . .
Yeah it's really interesting. He gets pretty animated.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:14 PM
TonySCV
Two Timer!

Part 4 of Dean is Holloway and Moller. Fascinating stuff.

TonySCV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:20 PM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonySCV View Post
Part 4 of Dean is Holloway and Moller. Fascinating stuff.
Wow, you can tell he was definitely pissed . . . good stuff

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:33 PM
Shellz

I still want to see the video they made for B. Richards.

Shellz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:36 PM
KopitarFAN
Reno Sucks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shellz View Post
I still want to see the video they made for B. Richards.
Me too.

KopitarFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 11:45 PM
LombardiTool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutty Sarkn3ss View Post
Wow, you can tell he was definitely pissed . . . good stuff
Not sure if he is pissed but you can see how frustrated he was about it. The faces and stress in his face. It was really good video. The fact they tried to call him and the agent stopped them. Very frustrated.

LombardiTool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 12:08 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
The Charlie Sheen comment was gold. I was actually a little nervous after Dean said that he might be comfortable making Doughty the highest paid King depending on the term. Better be a very very long term...

The Holloway and Moller stuff is very interesting. Have to agree with Dean. I understand Oscar, and I personally never felt he was a lost cause when he left, there is just several solid players above him, though it is strange because with players like Williams and Gagne, he would be the first call-up so I am not sure if his timing was right, but man is Holloway's timing atrocious... The guy has seniority in spades, has played extremely well in Manchester and then to walk away the summer the bottom 6 opens up to a free-for-all? His agent should be thrown off a bridge for allowing that to happen.

Gotta love those Dean interviews. You always walk away with a couple of memorable quotes I would very much like to see that Brad Richards recruitment video one day. Hopefully they show it to us sooner or later.

“Every good army needs a couple of criminals.” - Dean Lombardi
Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Ajtacker

The news on Kopi was great, you really don't appreciate what you have until you lose it.

Ajtacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 12:29 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

vCash: 863
My cat ate my speaker wires (seriously) can someone do me a HUGE favor and post the highlights of what DL said?

Gentle Ben Kenobi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 12:49 AM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

As I posted in the Bud Holloway signing thread, it is a risky move by him that could burn bridges or simply kill his opportunity to crack the NHL.

Quote:
This would ultimately be a stupid move by Holloway for a number of reasons:

1) His best opportunity to crack the Kings roster is now, with a possible openings on the 3rd/4th lines.

2) He is one of the more experienced players in Manchester who the Kings may consider deserving of an opportunity. As we all know, seniority takes precedent with this management group and they highly value experience.

3) Is he really going to face better competition in Europe than what he was facing in the AHL?

4) He has three seasons of minor-pro experience, there are many others who have waited around much longer for an opportunity. He may be burning bridges and find himself replaced in the depth charts by an up-and-coming prospect.

If I'm his agent, I urge him to stick around. Then again, if I'm Holloway, I tough it out and prove to the organization that I'm worthy of a roster spot. If he doesn't want to earn his opportunity and would rather be given one, then see ya later Bud.

Ziggy Stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 01:01 AM
Telos
In Dean We Trust

vCash: 3578
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Bunny Foo Foo View Post
My cat ate my speaker wires (seriously) can someone do me a HUGE favor and post the highlights of what DL said?
Headphones?

Telos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 01:08 AM
DryIslandBartender
KCCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
As I posted in the Bud Holloway signing thread, it is a risky move by him that could burn bridges or simply kill his opportunity to crack the NHL.
Yeah I agree with your points about Holloway.

I get the feeling that management was going to have Holloway in a Kings jersey this season since we have some competition for the bottom 6. I think Holloway got too impatient and made a mistake.

DryIslandBartender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 01:23 AM
TheDudeAbides

Call me crazy but am I the only one who thinks he doesnt seem to thrilled to be here? Why wouldnt he be? Hes in LA with warm weather, beaches and a ton of money playing for a team thats now a cup contender. Buck up Mikey.

TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 01:37 AM
DontgoZiggy

Dean seemed very animated through most of the interviews. He definately seems excited / happy that he got Richards.

DontgoZiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 01:38 AM
Cutty Sarkn3ss*
I bet u trade me

Send a message via AIM to Cutty Sarkn3ss*
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDudeAbides View Post
Call me crazy but am I the only one who thinks he doesnt seem to thrilled to be here? Why wouldnt he be? Hes in LA with warm weather, beaches and a ton of money playing for a team thats now a cup contender. Buck up Mikey.
What would you like him to do? How would you like him to act? You should tweet him and tell him . . .

Cutty Sarkn3ss* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 02:09 AM
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line

Sounds like DL still has plans for Moller down the line if he progresses and sounds like Holloway really pissed him off. What confused me was did DL say Holloway wouldn't speak to him or did it just sound like that because the video cut off?

Docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:36 AM
FrozenRoyalty
HFB Partner

My story on the Mike Richards press conference...

http://frozenroyalty.net/2011/07/28/...-new-teammates

FrozenRoyalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:47 AM
Reaper45

Send a message via AIM to Reaper45
I'm on my phone, what was said about Moller and Holloway?

Reaper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:55 AM
JBernierFan
Drink up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimmondsFan View Post
Not sure if he is pissed but you can see how frustrated he was about it. The faces and stress in his face. It was really good video. The fact they tried to call him and the agent stopped them. Very frustrated.
This is what pisses me off about agents. I feel like half of them are just money hungry vultures. He talked him into going overseas when he's not from there (where as Moller is technically going home) just for the extra dough. I'm sure DL and Co would have called and told him he had a decent change to fight for a spot in camp. Instead he takes the easier way out and plays over the pond. Stupid.

JBernierFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:29 AM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Quote:
You're crazy. No, seriously, think about this for a minute and put yourself in a similar situation. You've lived on the East coast for your entire career and your company transfers you without your consent to the West coast. It takes a while to acclimate and appreciate the change, even though those of us who live here, know the advantages.

Demanding a trade and having it granted or signing as an FA are completely different dynamics in terms of emotional impact. It's not like he went from a cellar dwellar in the East to the favorite in the West. Some would think it's a lateral move. At least he's in a better spot than Jeff Carter. That being said, Mike Richards seems like a pro's pro. He will come to love this city and organization, but that'll happen in time. To expect it before he's ever been in the locker room or laced it up with his new teammates in camp, is expecting too much, too soon. Team bonding doesn't occur via texts and twitter. Most of the guys aren't even in California right now.

cyclones22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:24 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Moller_ not as surprised he went overseas. He still has a little growing to do

He was shocked about Bud. Thinks he made a mistake. He almost got called up last year. He understands a player doing this after 6 yearsa and being labeled a career minor leaguer, but not after 3.

Old
07-28-2011, 11:34 AM
Chazz Reinhold

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclones22 View Post
Team bonding doesn't occur via texts and twitter. Most of the guys aren't even in California right now.
To further your point, just the fact that he went and worked out on the beach with Penner and Stoll shows he's ALREADY dedicated to being a good teammate and developing that bond.

Chazz Reinhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:39 AM
Gentle Ben Kenobi
That's no moon......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper45 View Post
Moller_ not as surprised he went overseas. He still has a little growing to do

He was shocked about Bud. Thinks he made a mistake. He almost got called up last year. He understands a player doing this after 6 yearsa and being labeled a career minor leaguer, but not after 3.

Old
07-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Kingurentai

Quote:
Like the above poster said, he's only been here a few weeks. Probably too busy dealing with the hassles of moving to chill and enjoy.

Single guy with money? He's going to love it here.

Wonder if Kings hire some sort of social watchdog to make sure bad elements don't come around. I know hockey players are more grounded, but this is LA. Easy for bad elements to find them. I'm actually amazed I hear almost nothing about hockey players in LA getting into serious problems.

*This is not about Richards being a partyer, just in general. I mean if I was in my 20's, came from middle of nowhere, you gave me millions and I lived on the beach in Socal....I think I'd be Charlie Sheen within months

Kingurentai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:42 AM
cyclones22
3 Year Window B****!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chazz Reinhold View Post
To further your point, just the fact that he went and worked out on the beach with Penner and Stoll shows he's ALREADY dedicated to being a good teammate and developing that bond.
And Dean made it sound like it was a boot camp style workout session. He was probably gassed and could have just opted out after the first one, but he nutted it up and went again the following day (at least I think they worked out twice). Dean was impressed.

cyclones22 is online now   Reply With Quote