HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > World Junior Championship
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
World Junior Championship Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

Round Robin predicitons

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2004, 09:29 PM
Big Phil

vCash: 500
Round Robin predicitons

For just Canada.
In the Canada/USA game I say 6-2. USA will play Canada hard but that defense is atrocious I think. USA just doesnt have any new guys to represent them anymore. And Robert Exche is going to be peppered.

Canada/Russia should be 6-3. If Khabibulin or Nabakov were there I'd say 5-4 or something but that goaltending is weak.

Canada/Slovakia I'll say 5-1. Enough snipers on the Slovaks to ruin a shutout.

The best game might very well be a Canada/Sweden game in the playoffs. Sweden is always solid and I think on paper is 2nd to Canada. Although you can never underestimate a Canada/USA or Canada/Russia match if the stakes are high.

Old
08-04-2004, 10:39 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Phil
For just Canada.
In the Canada/USA game I say 6-2. USA will play Canada hard but that defense is atrocious I think. USA just doesnt have any new guys to represent them anymore. And Robert Exche is going to be peppered.

Canada/Russia should be 6-3. If Khabibulin or Nabakov were there I'd say 5-4 or something but that goaltending is weak.

The best game might very well be a Canada/Sweden game in the playoffs. Sweden is always solid and I think on paper is 2nd to Canada. Although you can never underestimate a Canada/USA or Canada/Russia match if the stakes are high.
The U.S. defense is "atrocious you think"? Anything to base that on except blind homerism? No new guys? Who cares? This is a two week tournament. Veterans will be important. Save the "new guys" for the 2006 Olympics.

Old
08-04-2004, 10:55 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
The U.S. defense is "atrocious you think"? Anything to base that on except blind homerism? No new guys? Who cares? This is a two week tournament. Veterans will be important. Save the "new guys" for the 2006 Olympics.
If anything he's giving too much credit to the US. No way that their aging corps of forwards will put up 2 goals.

6-0 is more likely.

LOL ;)

Old
08-04-2004, 11:29 PM
The Rage

Quote:
For just Canada.

Canada might have one big win, but no way three. Hell, we only beat Germany 2-1 last time. I'm optimistic about us winning the tournament, but I think it's impossible for any team to steamroll the competition.

Old
08-05-2004, 11:38 AM
bennysflyers16

Here are my predictions :

Canada 3 - USA 1

Canada 3 - Svk 2 - ( I think Slovakia could beat us. )

Canada 5 - Russ 1

Will be at the 1st 2 games, 3 weeks and counting !!!!!!!!

Old
08-05-2004, 12:21 PM
palsoft

Quote:
For just Canada.
These informations are little bit easy-minded i think, even after that controversial Canada's win at this years World Championships. Slovaks are well energised and wants to shoot a revenge. But, who knows.. The rosters are completly other on both sides.

Old
08-05-2004, 12:22 PM
Rabid Ranger
2 is better than one

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn
If anything he's giving too much credit to the US. No way that their aging corps of forwards will put up 2 goals.

6-0 is more likely.

LOL

Oh, you mean Brett Hull? Give it a rest troll.

Old
08-05-2004, 12:54 PM
colonel_korn
Luuuuuuuuuu....lay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabid Ranger
Oh, you mean Brett Hull? Give it a rest troll.
Brett Hull isn't an aging forward?

In retrospect 6-0 might be too kind, after all in the Gold Medal game Team Canada managed 5 goals against Mike Richter, who was a far better goalie than Esche, Conklin or Dipietro. 8 or 9-0 might be more realistic.

LOL again

Old
08-05-2004, 01:44 PM
bennysflyers16

Quote:
Originally Posted by colonel_korn
Brett Hull isn't an aging forward?

In retrospect 6-0 might be too kind, after all in the Gold Medal game Team Canada managed 5 goals against Mike Richter, who was a far better goalie than Esche, Conklin or Dipietro. 8 or 9-0 might be more realistic.

LOL again

Esche is not as bad as you think ! Canada will beat the USA, just not as lop sided as you think! Go Canada !

Old
08-05-2004, 01:54 PM
DatsyukOwnzU

Quote:
For just Canada.

Canada/USA = 0-1

Canada/Russia = 2-3

Canada/Slovakia = 5-0

Old
08-05-2004, 02:19 PM
ACC1224
Steelers 10-5

Dumb question but can a prelim game end in a tie?

Old
08-05-2004, 02:22 PM
Riddarn
1980-2011

I'll predict the swedish games

Sweden - Germany : 4 - 2
Sweden - Czech Republic : 1 - 3
Sweden - Finland : 0 - 4

Old
08-10-2004, 08:28 PM
Big Phil

[QUOTE=DatsyukOwnzU]Canada/USA = 0-1

I can only assume that this one is a joke. USA is going to shutout Canada? There isnt a forward on Team USA that is as good as Sakic, Thornton, Iginla, Lemieux and Heatley. USA has the same team up front basically as they did in '96. And Canada has three lines that will be as good as any in the tourny.

Hard to believe Robert Esche is going to shut out a team that has the league MVP on most likely the third line.

Old
08-11-2004, 11:48 AM
DaaaaB's

My Predictions:

Canada 4 USA 2
Canada 2 Russia 2
Canada 3 Slovakia 1

Old
08-15-2004, 01:56 AM
Rob

North American Division:

1.Canada
2.USA
3.Slovakia
4.Russia

European Division:

1.Czech Rep
2.Finland
3.Sweden
4.Germany

Old
08-15-2004, 01:38 PM
bert

Quote:
For just Canada.

LOL I think your going to be dissapointed. Its not out of the question that Canada could win all the games but at a combined score of 17-6 no way.

Closed Thread