HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Columbus Blue Jackets
Notices

2011-2012 CBJ Man-Crush Thread

Old
07-29-2011, 08:41 PM
pete goegan
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrussJacket View Post
I understand...

Im curious though, Have you always no like DD? Last year was kinda a bad year for him, but I thought the year before he was well liked?
No, I had higher hopes for him in the past. I think we may just have grown beyond what he's able to bring to the ice.

pete goegan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:50 PM
LetsGOJackets!!

Huge Jeff Carter fan..

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete goegan View Post
No, I had higher hopes for him in the past. I think we may just have grown beyond what he's able to bring to the ice.
I just think dood can blow up playing next to Nash. Those that say they both shoot to much don't realize a rebound in the crease is as good as a pass for these boys

Down on Doug Maclean for not resigning Whitney, it still stands as a turning point in the making of a franchise. In this case history shows this decision to be a huge decline in scoring

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:19 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Never seen so much dislike over a role player. The league is littered with role players that "suck" far more than DD.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:16 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
That's a fair statement, but I disagree with you to an extent. Dorsett is a "heart and soul" guy, similar to Raffi Torres (minus the size, scoring ability, and he doesn't look like a member of the broadcast team) ... teams like Detroit have had success with guys like Dorsett for many years, and I think he can be an effective player. IMO, his biggest problem is his willingness to drop the gloves. If he kept the gloves on, he would be more effective as an agitator, would save himself a lot of time on the IR, and would probably be able to better concentrate on the other areas of his game.

He's a third liner at best, but we don't get that much effort on a nightly basis from a lot of guys who are higher up in the lineup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
I just think dood can blow up playing next to Nash. Those that say they both shoot to much don't realize a rebound in the crease is as good as a pass for these boys

Down on Doug Maclean for not resigning Whitney, it still stands as a turning point in the making of a franchise. In this case history shows this decision to be a huge decline in scoring
??? This post seems out of context ... you are taking a quote on Derek Dorsett, not Jeff Carter. It confused me at first, because I thought you were talking about Dorsett blowing it up with Nash haha

Sore Loser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 08:10 AM
PubOFH

Send a message via Yahoo to PubOFH
Crush: Methot

Anti: Mason

PubOFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 08:45 AM
JF Omalycat
CBJ Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by PubOFH View Post
Crush: Methot

Anti: Mason
Good to see you around, Pub!

JF Omalycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Crushing on: RJ big time, Pahlsson, Wisniewski, Carter, Calvert, Mayorov, Arniel

*really wanted to put Howson under crush for the great offseason we had, but..............Dekanich .

Anti: Russell, Tyutin, Mason, Dekanich, Johansen, Boll

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 03:11 PM
JrussJacket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Winter View Post
Crushing on: RJ big time, Pahlsson, Wisniewski, Carter, Calvert, Mayorov, Arniel

*really wanted to put Howson under crush for the great offseason we had, but..............Dekanich .

Why the hate? He is def a capable back up goalie. He put up great numbers in the AHL. Hes done his time and now heres his chance. I cant believe you lovin JWs monster contract but already hatin' on Dek.....

JrussJacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 03:20 PM
jacketsinDC

crush: boll, even more than before because he had a fight and goal at my only cbj game last year.

convinced by the earlier posts not to hate DD, but i hope boll, out of the two, gets resigned when the time comes.

jacketsinDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 04:50 PM
Gagnefan924
Need Moar AmericanZ

Quote:

What isnt there to like about Johansen?

Gagnefan924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 08:06 PM
FANonymous

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gagnefan924 View Post
What isnt there to like about Johansen?
He hasn't lived up to his potential. Total B-U-S-T.

FANonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Timeless Winter
Oceans of Grey

Send a message via AIM to Timeless Winter
Nothing real personal, it's just that he's not Cam Fowler.

Timeless Winter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 09:52 PM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
Not a fan of: Umberger... haven't fallen under whatever spell he has put you all under! He has always rubbed me the wrong way, not sure exactly what it is about him.
Spell? The dude works hard, scores big goals and shoots straight when asked questions. Nothing not to like.

Wiz isn't pissy - he's a bad son of a *****. Over/under is 2 Gordie Howe hat tricks for him on the year.

PCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 09:57 PM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

I think and hope Russell is going to have a break out year, lots of hate for a young d man with a skill set few of our current d Corp members have. Know nothing of dekanich but stats and his twitter persona - get the impression he's a real confident dude, find myself expecting to be surprised by him. Nothing against pahlsson but I wish his $ wasn't on our books. Too many centers as is and I feel his contribution defensively is overstated. Best years behind him.

Old
07-30-2011, 11:37 PM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Nothing real personal, it's just that he's not Cam Fowler.

In two years, I'm coming back to this post to quote it to you. I really look forward to that

Old
07-31-2011, 09:30 AM
Derby
Pilsners in Prague

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCH View Post
Spell? The dude works hard, scores big goals and shoots straight when asked questions. Nothing not to like.

Wiz isn't pissy - he's a bad son of a *****. Over/under is 2 Gordie Howe hat tricks for him on the year.
Mostly the "heart and soul" label on Umberger is what bugs me. I don't see his teammates responding to him that way, just fans. Appears distant .

He is what he is, and that's OK. I'm just not a fan.

And as for Wiz, I'm glad that someone will finally be there to back up teammates. I'll be happy if Brass never felt compelled to scruff it up with a big boy again.

Really looking forward to having a guy like Wiz on the ice. Not an enforcer per se, but someone who plays with passion and grit.

Last edited by Derby: 07-31-2011 at 11:23 AM.
Derby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 10:53 AM
LetsGOJackets!!

On your phone your missing the titles

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post

??? This post seems out of context ... you are taking a quote on Derek Dorsett, not Jeff Carter. It confused me at first, because I thought you were talking about Dorsett blowing it up with Nash haha
The title said Huge Jeff Carter fan.. didn't think I had to follow the prior discussion about DD if I don't really have any opinion on him

LetsGOJackets!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 11:55 AM
Sore Loser
Since 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsGOJackets!! View Post
The title said Huge Jeff Carter fan.. didn't think I had to follow the prior discussion about DD if I don't really have any opinion on him
No harsh tones meant, I was just confused by it

Old
07-31-2011, 01:28 PM
PCH
Dangle.Snipe.Celly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derby View Post
And as for Wiz, I'm glad that someone will finally be there to back up teammates. I'll be happy if Brass never felt compelled to scruff it up with a big boy again.

Really looking forward to having a guy like Wiz on the ice. Not an enforcer per se, but someone who plays with passion and grit.
agreed 100%. Brassard and his 190lbs need to stay out of the scraps - Wisniewski doesn't need to necessarily be breaking his hands on people either, but I'm pretty sure he's got a hell of a meanstreak. Looking forward to having him in the lineup.

Old
07-31-2011, 01:43 PM
CentreKeeper12
TheCentreKeeper

Crush: Calvert, The Wiz
Anti-Crush: Juice, Mase

CentreKeeper12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 04:49 PM
Viqsi
carrying the flag

Send a message via AIM to Viqsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoChiefsGo View Post

In two years, I'm coming back to this post to quote it to you. I really look forward to that
I'll be happy to back you on this just in case something comes up and you don't have the opportunity.

Seriously. TW? Hon? We've had "reasonable people" disagreements before, but on this one, you are provably and demonstrably bats**t crazy. Just a heads-up.

Thanks, Howson, for cleaning up MacLean's toxic waste. Welcome, Kekalainen; let's get good things built!
Viqsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 04:58 PM
Doug19

Quote:
Originally Posted by JrussJacket View Post
Why the hate? He is def a capable back up goalie. He put up great numbers in the AHL. Hes done his time and now heres his chance. I cant believe you lovin JWs monster contract but already hatin' on Dek.....
Don't ever ask TW to justify or elaborate on anything he says, because he will either give you no reason or a completely retarded reason. I mean he doesn't like Dek because he doesn't know who he is, he doesn't like Ryan Johansen because he wanted Fowler, despite the fact that Johansen is looking to be a better player than he was projected to be when drafted. Those are the type of answers you will get, so it's better to just not ask.

Doug19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 08:46 PM
Matthew
F.A.R.T on Mike Todd

Send a message via AIM to Matthew
It's not hard to see why Timeless Winter OR ANYBODY for that matter can have issues with both Dexter's Lab and Johansen.

Dexter is an unknown backing up statistically a bottom 5 goalie for the past 2 seasons. All the other improvements don't mean jack **** if the goaltending stinks up the joint for the third season in a row.

Johansen is a great prospect. Pro hockey is littered with can't miss guys who missed. Cam Fowler has already proven to be an NHL level player. Johansen as of now may never be one. There is no way of knowing and no reason to believe he will be until you see it.

So get out of your ivory towers and high horses. It isn't rocket science.

Matthew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 08:48 PM
joshjoshjosh
ಠ_ಠ

Crush: Boomer, Nash, and Brassard

Anti-Crush: My HFBoards ignore list

joshjoshjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 08:51 PM
blahblah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug61 View Post
Don't ever ask TW to justify or elaborate on anything he says, because he will either give you no reason or a completely retarded reason. I mean he doesn't like Dek because he doesn't know who he is, he doesn't like Ryan Johansen because he wanted Fowler, despite the fact that Johansen is looking to be a better player than he was projected to be when drafted. Those are the type of answers you will get, so it's better to just not ask.
I don't see what the big deal is if you wanted Fowler instead of Johansen. To insult him for that choice is fairly silly on your side. If Fowler continue to improve upon last season, I'm not sure how you could have went wrong with him no matter how Johansen turns out.

A 40 point rookie season as a 19 year old. Plus player in the playoffs with 4 points averaging 22 minutes a night. Not too shabby. What else could have a 2010 draft pick on defense had done to impress? Seriously.

blahblah is offline   Reply With Quote