HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Bos-edm (mps)

Old
07-28-2011, 12:41 AM
Joey Moss

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastasaurus View Post
I dont wanna get my 3rd infraction but man you are way off base. Rask could be a future Vezina winner, Mps while talented doesnt play Bruins hockey and doesnt crack our top 9.
If that comment gets you mad enough to make an infraction worthy comment than I'm not suprised you already have two.

You're overrating Rask and underrating Paajarvi.

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 12:41 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to thadd
How about Sequin for MPS a 2nd? We could always change that 2nd or a 2nd + 3rd + 4th to even things out.

thadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 12:42 AM
Joey Moss

vCash: 815
Quote:
Originally Posted by thadd View Post
How about Sequin for MPS a 2nd? We could always change that 2nd or a 2nd + 3rd + 4th to even things out.
Please explain as to why Boston would do this?

Joey Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 12:46 AM
svat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Rask for Paajarvi is a little more realistic. Might be a good deal for both teams also.
not really. value wise it is lopsided to oilers slightly, but in terms on internal value, boston gets royally ****ed. we have other offensive prospects, and a good enough top-9 to make MPS irrelevant.

we are more than happy to let rask play 25-30 games a season while thomas rides out his career, and rask doesn't seem to mind either. short of being blown out of the water, rask will not be traded.

svat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 12:47 AM
BearForceOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAK13 View Post
With next year's draft being loaded with defensemen and at least 4-5 better then Hamilton why trade for him. The Oilers also have Klefbom, Marincin, and Teubert that are as good or better.
MPS has the potential to be a 30-40 goal scored with good defensive skills and I don't think Boston has enough to trade for him.
You might want to reread the scouting report on Hamilton, most had him valued as high as Larsson.

BearForceOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 12:48 AM
svat

Quote:
only thing seguin gets moved for on the oilers is hall, which would obviously be stupid for you guys. ANYTHING else is not happening.

Old
07-28-2011, 12:51 AM
svat

Quote:
With next year's draft being loaded with defensemen and at least 4-5 better then Hamilton why trade for him. The Oilers also have Klefbom, Marincin, and Teubert that are as good or better.
MPS has the potential to be a 30-40 goal scored with good defensive skills and I don't think Boston has enough to trade for him.
LOL wow, not in the slightest. marincin might turn into a good #4 dman, klefbom projects as a decent #2, and teubert is a dime a dozen d-man prospect.

hamilton's ceiling is a strong #1 dman, he has the smarts, size, strength and skills to be an elite d-man in this league.

Old
07-28-2011, 12:56 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Pass, The Bruins give up too much for a guy who doesnt play Bruins hockey. MPS is talented but he needs to be in a system where he doesnt play d to be at his best. Caron knows and can play in the B's system.
What are you talking about? MPS was our best defensive forward and his offense came on more and more as the season progressed. LOL

Quote:
I dont wanna get my 3rd infraction but man you are way off base. Rask could be a future Vezina winner, Mps while talented doesnt play Bruins hockey and doesnt crack our top 9.
Could be a future Vezina winner and he still isn't a full time starter. I think he's a damn good goalie, but the goalie market has been quite flooded over the past few years. Vokoun's contract is a good example of this fact.

Colorado paid a 1st rounder+ for an off-injured goalie and I kinda got the feeling that there are tons of people out there who thought that was a huge overpayment.

MPS is 2 years removed from being a 10th overall pick who was ranked 4th overall and he's done nothing to disappoint so far.

Old
07-28-2011, 12:58 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by svat View Post
LOL wow, not in the slightest. marincin might turn into a good #4 dman, klefbom projects as a decent #2, and teubert is a dime a dozen d-man prospect.

hamilton's ceiling is a strong #1 dman, he has the smarts, size, strength and skills to be an elite d-man in this league.
Marincin > Klefbom

Old
07-28-2011, 01:18 AM
zeus3007*

Quote:
Originally Posted by svat View Post

People need to learn not to talk about another team's prospects if they don't know anything about the players. This is a perfect example. Marincin and Klefbom both have top pair potential, and Teubert certainly isn't a dime a dozen prospect. He won't be top pair, but he will almost certainly be a valuable NHL'er.

As per the guy who said Hamilton was ranked as high as Larsson, you must be delusional. The top 4 of this year's draft, Larsson included, was ranked much higher than the next tier, including Hamilton.

zeus3007* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 01:54 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Moss View Post
Please explain as to why Boston would do this?
Well, I thought it was equally fair as the original proposal... just favoring the opposite team.

Old
07-28-2011, 02:03 AM
thadd
Oil4Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeus3007 View Post

As per the guy who said Hamilton was ranked as high as Larsson, you must be delusional. The top 4 of this year's draft, Larsson included, was ranked much higher than the next tier, including Hamilton.
I had Hamilton as #6 on my list and Larsson as #2. Can you imagine the crowd reaction if Hamilton was selected by New Jersey at 4th overall? People would've been so damn confused.

Hours later Lou could've claimed he was possessed by a demon.

Old
07-28-2011, 02:08 AM
svat

Quote:
People need to learn not to talk about another team's prospects if they don't know anything about the players. This is a perfect example. Marincin and Klefbom both have top pair potential, and Teubert certainly isn't a dime a dozen prospect. He won't be top pair, but he will almost certainly be a valuable NHL'er.

i read a bit on your boards about how marincin was more of a project. he MAY have top pairing potential, but the likelihood of him reaching that (and klefbom to a lesser extent) is far less than hamilton.

Old
07-28-2011, 03:03 AM
Tarpit*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BearForceOne View Post
You might want to reread the scouting report on Hamilton, most had him valued as high as Larsson.
Some scouting reports said that Klefbom could be better then Larsson. Larsson on most scouting reports rate him as a good 2nd pair defensemen with the potential of being a top pair.

Tarpit* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 03:37 AM
dnicks17

vCash: 1115
Quote:
Some scouting reports said that Klefbom could be better then Larsson. Larsson on most scouting reports rate him as a good 2nd pair defensemen with the potential of being a top pair.
I'd like to see one of those scouting reports.

dnicks17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 04:41 AM
Seguinomics

Bruins definitely do this trade.. Adding a 3rd line forward if def worth a top 4 DMan on the stanley cup champs.. I think Seguin and Marchand have 2nd line wingers spots under control

Seguinomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:54 AM
BearForceOne

Quote:
As per the guy who said Hamilton was ranked as high as Larsson, you must be delusional. The top 4
of this year's draft, Larsson included, was ranked much higher
than the next tier, including
Hamilton.
Per Bob McKenzie at the draft

"There are some scouts in the NHL that believe there is not a significant difference between Dougie Hamilton and Adam Larsson. The upside for Hamilton is as great as Larsson. Larsson is a more accomplished player now, but this guy has limitless potential."

Not my delusional opinion, i trust what Bob says. The point i'm trying to make is Larsson is a better comparative than Klefbom, Marincin, and Teubert.

BearForceOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:19 AM
MeestaDeteta

vCash: 50
I really don't see Edmonton trading MPS, unless it's MPS + for a big name player.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:33 AM
yohan1212

Quote:
No. The Oilers certainly would not add anything to PRV to get Hamilton. Let's think about it logically. Both are high draft picks with lots of potential, both dropped a couple spots futher than expected and are seen by their fanbases as steals. One is further along in his development, has proven he can play in the NHL and showed remarkable improvement over the course of his first season. So no, Edmonton wouldn't give you PRV without Hamilton and something else.
Lets not get carried away here. Maybe PRV showed improvement, but was only given that opportunity because he played for the oilers. He wouldnt have cracked many NHL lineups this year besides a team that was out of the playoffs in December. I'd rather have Hamilton, so keep "PRV".

yohan1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:01 AM
CupofOil
Visualizing

Quote:
Posts like this make Oiler fans look bad, ridiculous.
I think that Klefbom and Marcincin have a lot of potential, Teubert is no slouch either but Hamilton is a borderline elite prospect that is almost up there in Larsson territory so no, they are not better than Hamilton.

CupofOil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
What are you talking about? MPS was our best defensive forward and his offense came on more and more as the season progressed. LOL

Could be a future Vezina winner and he still isn't a full time starter. I think he's a damn good goalie, but the goalie market has been quite flooded over the past few years. Vokoun's contract is a good example of this fact.

Colorado paid a 1st rounder+ for an off-injured goalie and I kinda got the feeling that there are tons of people out there who thought that was a huge overpayment.

MPS is 2 years removed from being a 10th overall pick who was ranked 4th overall and he's done nothing to disappoint so far.
So you cite the Vokoun contract to stress your point of over saturation of goalies? I can spin the same b.s.:

Goalies are so important, & the market is so bare of talent that Philadelphi traded their top two centers (one their Captain) to make room to sign the ever important goalie that this Franchise has lacked since the days of Hextall. Bryzgalov was signed for over $5m per yr.

Rask is better than anything the Oilers have on their team & in their system, that's widely known. As far as value is concerned, I cant say. Halak deal a couple yrs back was weak, but then Washington fetches a nice package for Varlamov.

As far as OP, ya I admit def lopsided in Bostons favor. I like Caron though so maybe im blinded by bias. But those claiming Oil have 'd' prospects better than or equal to Hamilton as being Homers. The Oilers have a weak defensive propect pool. Thats why they need to trade offense for defense.

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:13 AM
jmart21
MISC!!!

Quote:

How about Kadri+2nd for Taylor Hall? We can add a 3rd and 4th if you like....

jmart21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:20 AM
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs

Why would the Oilers even consider making this move, wouldn't make sense for them

Bruinsfan_37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:27 AM
Oates2Neely

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmart21 View Post

How about Kadri+2nd for Taylor Hall? We can add a 3rd and 4th if you like....
So you gave up hope on the Schenn for Hall & Eberle deal?

Oates2Neely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:27 AM
BrainOfJ
Playoff Odds: 24.6%

Quote:
ooo those 3rd and 4th round picks really rev boston's engine.

Why not add something of value if you're trying to get our most prized asset. Not just extra trash.

BrainOfJ is online now   Reply With Quote