HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Yahoo defiantly underates our players

Old
07-27-2011, 05:37 PM
jerseyislander22

vCash: 500
Yahoo defiantly underates our players

Yahoo came out with a list of its top 25 centers, right wings and left wings on the main page of NHL. Tavares made 25 on the centers but grabs and Moulson only garnering honorable mention. I dont think I'm to much of a homer when I look at the list and say r ya kidding me lol. I know its not a big deal just funny thing to check out....

jerseyislander22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 05:40 PM
Giroux tha Damaja

Send a message via AIM to Giroux tha Damaja
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post
Yahoo came out with a list of its top 25 centers, right wings and left wings on the main page of NHL. Tavares made 25 on the centers but grabs and Moulson only garnering honorable mention. I dont think I'm to much of a homer when I look at the list and say r ya kidding me lol. I know its not a big deal just funny thing to check out....
There are 30 teams. 5 teams are gonna get left out on each category. Considering the teams' record last year it doesn't seem ludicrous to me. Granted I haven't looked at the lists to see who's over those guys either...

Giroux tha Damaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 05:55 PM
cjdv16

Meh.

Just win baby.

cjdv16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 06:01 PM
hskates21*

Yahoo doesn't know jack **** who cares about what they think they don't even know what position grabner plays

hskates21* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 06:19 PM
islesfan3991

Send a message via Yahoo to islesfan3991
Quote:
Originally Posted by hskates21 View Post
Yahoo doesn't know jack **** who cares about what they think they don't even know what position grabner plays
I gotta agree here. Yahoo really isn't that great when it comes to hockey.

islesfan3991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 06:45 PM
jerseyislander22

oh well i know that much they dont know jack about the game just funny... That and I'm bored and i'm offended by there dumbness

Old
07-27-2011, 07:20 PM
Mikey88
NYI GM connected

I gotta disagree here. The puck daddy blog is one of the best and probably the most popular NHL blog out there. They have some really great writers on their staff. Keep in mind that this is a "2011-2012 season projections list" and not a "top 25 list".

Having said that, I gotta say that i do disagree with a few of these rankings. I just dont see how you project Mikko Koivu, Dave Bolland and Matt Duchene to have better better seasons than Tavares.
I'm guessing these rankings aren't based solely on scoring!
-Koivu, in his 6 seasons in the NHL, his best was 71pts. JT has already has a 69pt season under his belt in his 2nd year and has already surpassed Koivu in goal scoring.
-Bolland, is known more for his great 2 way play and hes not even the best center on his team! JT blows him away in scoring totals.
-Duchene, who some say the Isles should have taken instead in the draft, has almost identical numbers to Tavares so far, but IMO Tavares makes his teammates around him so much better. Also, i think Duchene had a better team around him to start with, although that is debatable now.

I think the only thing that really looks unfavorable for JT is his plus/minus rating, but i'm sure that will change drastically starting next season.
The doubters are gonna see that JT belongs at least about 10 spots higher than he is now come next season.

Mikey88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 07:38 PM
jerseyislander22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88 View Post
I gotta disagree here. The puck daddy blog is one of the best and probably the most popular NHL blog out there. They have some really great writers on their staff. Keep in mind that this is a "2011-2012 season projections list" and not a "top 25 list".

Having said that, I gotta say that i do disagree with a few of these rankings. I just dont see how you project Mikko Koivu, Dave Bolland and Matt Duchene to have better better seasons than Tavares.
I'm guessing these rankings aren't based solely on scoring!
-Koivu, in his 6 seasons in the NHL, his best was 71pts. JT has already has a 69pt season under his belt in his 2nd year and has already surpassed Koivu in goal scoring.
-Bolland, is known more for his great 2 way play and hes not even the best center on his team! JT blows him away in scoring totals.
-Duchene, who some say the Isles should have taken instead in the draft, has almost identical numbers to Tavares so far, but IMO Tavares makes his teammates around him so much better. Also, i think Duchene had a better team around him to start with, although that is debatable now.

I think the only thing that really looks unfavorable for JT is his plus/minus rating, but i'm sure that will change drastically starting next season.
The doubters are gonna see that JT belongs at least about 10 spots higher than he is now come next season.
It's all in good fun just funny to see Bergy ahead of Matt moulson whose had back to back 30 goal seasons and Bergy had a good play offs? Dont really matter anyway it just wonder what they made their basis on... i didn't read any of it just looked at the list

Old
07-27-2011, 07:38 PM
Menwithouthat tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey88 View Post
Puck Daddy is on vacation and the children are running loose. A few days ago, they ran a virulently anti-Yashin anti-Isles article.

That off my chest, I can't really knock their ranking of Tavares at #25 center, and Moulson has had two 30-goal seasons but doesn't wow you with his skills. His numbers are not much better than Mark Parrish's the first couple of years that he was with us, so maybe he still has to prove he's top 25. But Grabner is a glaring under-ranking - he looks like he has the makings of a dominant player, the type the other team has to be aware of any time he's on the ice. Looking at the list of top-25 right-wingers, I would place Grabner somewhere in the 15-20 range with a bullet.

Menwithouthat tricks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Mikey88
NYI GM connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseyislander22 View Post
It's all in good fun just funny to see Bergy ahead of Matt moulson whose had back to back 30 goal seasons and Bergy had a good play offs? Dont really matter anyway it just wonder what they made their basis on... i didn't read any of it just looked at the list
Bergy had an amazing playoffs for TB. He was unbelievable actually, scored 9 goals - came outta nowhere. But still, i would take Moulson in a heartbeat over him any day for a few reasons.
-Moulson plays top line minutes with Tavares and (like you said) already has 2x30 goal seasons under him. I really doubt Bergenheim will hit 30 as a Florida Panther and didn't get anywhere near 30 last season on a better team.

Old
07-27-2011, 07:54 PM
Mikey88
NYI GM connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menwithouthat tricks View Post
Puck Daddy is on vacation and the children are running loose. A few days ago, they ran a virulently anti-Yashin anti-Isles article.

That off my chest, I can't really knock their ranking of Tavares at #25 center, and Moulson has had two 30-goal seasons but doesn't wow you with his skills. His numbers are not much better than Mark Parrish's the first couple of years that he was with us, so maybe he still has to prove he's top 25. But Grabner is a glaring under-ranking - he looks like he has the makings of a dominant player, the type the other team has to be aware of any time he's on the ice. Looking at the list of top-25 right-wingers, I would place Grabner somewhere in the 15-20 range with a bullet.
Yeah but I would still rate Moulson ahead of Grabs. At least Moulson has a 2nd 30 goal season to prove that he's not a 1-hit-wonder.
Grabner however, has much more to prove. Coming off a great and very suprising season, nominated for rookie of the year as well. Can he follow it up with a better 2011-2012?

Old
07-27-2011, 08:57 PM
Hipster Doofus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menwithouthat tricks View Post

This would make sense if guys like Bergenheim weren't ranked ahead. Back to back 30 goal seasons is no small thing, and if he wasn't an Islander or didn't have AHL-lifer as a label still this guy would get much more hype.

Hipster Doofus is offline   Reply With Quote