HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

New York Rangers Sign D Jake Taylor

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2004, 02:34 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
New York Rangers Sign D Jake Taylor

http://www.newyorkrangers.com/pressb...es.asp?id=1287

Here is the official announcement. I hope this helps Taylor in the longrun.

Old
08-04-2004, 02:36 PM
ms.beuke23/lemix66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41

awesome i loove it about we get our future going , if this kid taylor turns out the way he should it will be a great thing for nyr

Old
08-04-2004, 02:41 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.beuke23/lemix66
awesome i loove it about we get our future going , if this kid taylor turns out the way he should it will be a great thing for nyr
If he turns out to be Jeff Beuekboom/Ulf Samuelsson type, I'll be happy. We can use those type of dman.

Old
08-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Fletch

It may turn out good...

but it doesn't always mean that the team's getting its future going. It'll still be a few years before we know about the future since the future is Montoya, Jessiman, Koporski (or however you spell his name), Immonen, etc. I just hope Taylor's ready for the AHL. The kid must've really impressed at camp to deserve this.

Old
08-04-2004, 02:48 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

he isn't a bad skater and has some size. i know renney said he is a future mark tinordi clone. I just don't think he is ready for the ahl at this point.

Old
08-04-2004, 03:04 PM
kazo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Steinbrenner
he isn't a bad skater and has some size. i know renney said he is a future mark tinordi clone. I just don't think he is ready for the ahl at this point.
At this point I'd have to defer to the Rangers and their thinking. If he has nothing more to prove than it makes no sense not to move him to the next level. I've been salivating at the thought of having this kind of young player here since Beuk left.

Old
08-04-2004, 03:06 PM
True Blue

While I still have concerns about his skating, I will say that the kid is an absolute road grater to play against. I mean just plain NASTY. Of his PIM's, not many are obstuction type of penalties. A good amount of cross-checking, elbowing, roughing, and hitting from behind.
The kid has size and is more than willing to use it. In fact, one of the things that I love about him is that he does not know how to play any other way. Still, the skating think scares me.
IF he can get his skating to NHL level, he can be a fixture as a 3rd pairing deterent. Let's put it this way, with him near the goalie, there will not be many people going to his side of the ice to look for rebounds, the way they do with Poti.

Old
08-04-2004, 03:23 PM
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazo
At this point I'd have to defer to the Rangers and their thinking. If he has nothing more to prove than it makes no sense not to move him to the next level. I've been salivating at the thought of having this kind of young player here since Beuk left.
I would contend he had plenty to prove still at the NCAA level. He started the season as a 6th/7th defenseman and managed to work his way up a little through injuries until a point where he was getting some PK time. He's got some work to do on his positioning and decision making...I'd probably class him more as a Jeff State clone at this point of his career

Old
08-04-2004, 03:34 PM
Fotiu22

Send a message via AIM to Fotiu22
I like his size, feistiness, and the fact that he was a captain... that implies character, which is what we've been sorely lackin here for the past few years. I have to say, i do like the fact that it seems like the majority of the players they traded for/drafted/signed seem to recieve high praise when it comes to work ethic and character.

Old
08-04-2004, 04:40 PM
E-Train

eff Kristian Kudroc

seriously, if he can adjust to the speed of the AHL, then hopefully the NHL, we will have something here. The size, the nastyness, and the right-handed shot are sorely needed in NY. I would like to give him a season before making any Jeff State comparisons.

I also remember hearing that he could really throw 'em at Green Bay.

One thing for sure, Hartford is gonna be a tough team to play against.

Old
08-04-2004, 05:07 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Send a message via AIM to BobMarleyNYR
Quote:

Me too.

Now I hope we sign Rick Brennan. And Chris Tamer! And Brett Lysak and Anson Carter, Paul Healey, Tommy Albelin, Corey Schwabb, Shawn Van Allen, Rob Zamuner, Shayne Corson, Jon Sim, Pascal Rheaume, Stanislav Neckar, Aaron Gavey and Jason Botterill.

Old
08-04-2004, 05:34 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
Me too.

Now I hope we sign Rick Brennan. And Chris Tamer! And Brett Lysak and Anson Carter, Paul Healey, Tommy Albelin, Corey Schwabb, Shawn Van Allen, Rob Zamuner, Shayne Corson, Jon Sim, Pascal Rheaume, Stanislav Neckar, Aaron Gavey and Jason Botterill.

wtf Albelin, Schwabb, Van Allen, Zamuner, Corson. At least the guys I mention are young.

Old
08-04-2004, 07:35 PM
Levitate

i've heard that it's not that his skating is bad, it's just that his footspeed right now isn't great.

i don't think the rangers would have signed him if they didn't think he could improve his game at the AHL level though

Old
08-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Son of Steinbrenner

Quote:
wtf Albelin, Schwabb, Van Allen, Zamuner, Corson. At least the guys I mention are young.
but nobody you mention are any good

Old
08-04-2004, 10:22 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Quote:
:lol I'm only kidding with you... I like your enthusiasm for basically EVERY young UFA there is!. You're right, you do mention all young guys... but they all suck!

Old
08-04-2004, 10:25 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMarleyNYR
:lol I'm only kidding with you... I like your enthusiasm for basically EVERY young UFA there is!. You're right, you do mention all young guys... but they all suck!

yea but being young they improve, better than some old fart. I hope we resign some LW either McAmmond, Samuelsson and Wiemer. We need a centre maybe Cullen or someone young. On d, id sign Kudroc just because he is young and 6'6. If anything he can push Purinton out of lineup.

Old
08-04-2004, 11:49 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

Quote:
yea but being young they improve, better than some old fart. I hope we resign some LW either McAmmond, Samuelsson and Wiemer. We need a centre maybe Cullen or someone young. On d, id sign Kudroc just because he is young and 6'6. If anything he can push Purinton out of lineup.
If anything, he would be waiver wire material. Kudroc can't even stick in an organization, much less the NHL riding the bench.

Old
08-05-2004, 04:53 AM
Peter Sidorkiewicz
Kovalchuk Army

Quote:

Any news that his mates Willie Mays Hays and Rick Vaughn will follow suit? Sorry I couldn't resist.

Old
08-05-2004, 10:17 AM
SingnBluesOnBroadway
Retired

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
Any news that his mates Willie Mays Hays and Rick Vaughn will follow suit? Sorry I couldn't resist.
Roger Dorn is really more like the the players the Rangers have had.

"I thought you said you didn't have any high-paid talent on this team."

"I forgot about Dorn because he's only high-paid."

Old
08-05-2004, 11:55 AM
True Blue

Quote:
I take it that you are signign McAmmond for the top 2 lines. As for Samuelsson and Wiemer....where are they going to play? Which of these bottom 6 forwards are would you like to seem them play instead of? Holik, Ortmyer, Moore, Betts, or Murray? And let's not forget that last spot, which looks like it will go to either Purinton, Strudwick, or McCallister as a last forward/7th defenseman spot. So where are Samuelsson and Wiemer going to play?
And since we are on this kick, whose spot is Kudroc taking? Tyutin, Pock, Kondratiev, Lampman. I presume that you do not want to see one of these guys in the lineup. Whose spot is Kudroc taking, considering that chances are only 3 of these guys are going to make it at all into the top 6.

Old
08-05-2004, 12:14 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
I take it that you are signign McAmmond for the top 2 lines. As for Samuelsson and Wiemer....where are they going to play? Which of these bottom 6 forwards are would you like to seem them play instead of? Holik, Ortmyer, Moore, Betts, or Murray? And let's not forget that last spot, which looks like it will go to either Purinton, Strudwick, or McCallister as a last forward/7th defenseman spot. So where are Samuelsson and Wiemer going to play?
And since we are on this kick, whose spot is Kudroc taking? Tyutin, Pock, Kondratiev, Lampman. I presume that you do not want to see one of these guys in the lineup. Whose spot is Kudroc taking, considering that chances are only 3 of these guys are going to make it at all into the top 6.
McAllister is an UFA. We wont bring him back, same goes for Sandy.

McAmmond-Holik-Jagr
Schaslivy-Lundmark-Balej
Wiemer-Moore-Samuelsson
Murray-Betts-Ortmeyer

Defense:

Kondratiev Tyutin
Kasper Poti
Rachunek Lampman/Pock

Extras: Mike Green, Richard Scott, Jason Strudwick, Dale Purinton, Kristian Kudroc (minors)

Old
08-05-2004, 12:30 PM
BobMarleyNYR

Quote:
McAllister is an UFA. We wont bring hi m back, same goes for Sandy.

McAmmond-Holik-Jagr
Schaslivy-Lundmark-Balej
Wiemer-Moore-Samuelsson
Murray-Betts-Ortmeyer

Defense:

Kondratiev Tyutin
Kasper Poti
Rachunek Lampman/Pock

Extras: Mike Green, Richard Scott, Jason Strudwick, Dale Purinton, Kristian Kudroc (minors)

McAmmond is not 1st line material.

Have McAmmond to Jagr's left would likely destroy 68's game.

As many know, I am FIRMLY opposed to Holik as no. 1 center. It's OK for mid-season, temporary situations... but we should set ourselves for the future this offseason.

Line 2 doesn't look bad... I'd rather see, however, Lundmark-Holik-Balej. Lundmark, IMO is not an NHL center.

I do believe Ortmeyer belongs on the 4th line, with a lot of PK minutes, and some PP time to encourage him to develop offense.

Last edited by BobMarleyNYR: 08-05-2004 at 12:39 PM.
Old
08-05-2004, 12:35 PM
True Blue

Quote:
McAllister is an UFA. We wont bring him back, same goes for Sandy.

McAmmond-Holik-Jagr
Schaslivy-Lundmark-Balej
Wiemer-Moore-Samuelsson
Murray-Betts-Ortmeyer

Defense:

Kondratiev Tyutin
Kasper Poti
Rachunek Lampman/Pock

What makes you think that McAllister won't be brought back? Sandy is one issue, but McAllister has no problem dropping the gloves.
Here are the issues with you lines.
1. Once again Holik and Jagr are on the same line. How many times must we go through the exercise about Holik NOT being a top line center? Having him play on the same line as Jagr is fairly assinine. Defeats any purpose of having him be the player that he is. And that is as a shut-down center.
2. Lundmark has not proven that he is a 2nd line player, much less a 2nd line center. How can you just hand the centers job to him? He may make it as a wing, but as a center it looks rather doubtfull. Schaslivy has not demonstrated anything that would make me think of him as a top 2 line players.
3. Moore could see time on the 3rd line, but that would be rather silly as Holik should be the one playing there. Having Holik on the top line just so that you can sign Weimer is not the smartest thing.

So you are signing Kudroc just to play him in the minors? The guy cannot stick to one organization and has been pretty much an abject failure whereever he has been to, but you want him in Hartford? THere's more to hockey than just being 6'6".

Old
08-05-2004, 12:42 PM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Quote:
Originally Posted by True Blue
What makes you think that McAllister won't be brought back? Sandy is one issue, but McAllister has no problem dropping the gloves.
Here are the issues with you lines.
1. Once again Holik and Jagr are on the same line. How many times must we go through the exercise about Holik NOT being a top line center? Having him play on the same line as Jagr is fairly assinine. Defeats any purpose of having him be the player that he is. And that is as a shut-down center.
2. Lundmark has not proven that he is a 2nd line player, much less a 2nd line center. How can you just hand the centers job to him? He may make it as a wing, but as a center it looks rather doubtfull. Schaslivy has not demonstrated anything that would make me think of him as a top 2 line players.
3. Moore could see time on the 3rd line, but that would be rather silly as Holik should be the one playing there. Having Holik on the top line just so that you can sign Weimer is not the smartest thing.

So you are signing Kudroc just to play him in the minors? The guy cannot stick to one organization and has been pretty much an abject failure whereever he has been to, but you want him in Hartford? THere's more to hockey than just being 6'6".

yea but Sather wants to develop players. Hey if u can sign a young 6'6 dman put him in minors and with our great coaching down their, maybe he can turn into something. if not he can be used for depth, or dealt. but no one complained when we signed young ufa like ulmer, dusablon, kinch.

Old
08-05-2004, 12:45 PM
BobMarleyNYR

McKenna, 6'8"... Worrell, 6'6" (?)... McAllister, 6'8"...
Theo Fleury, 5'6"... priceless.

And they're all worthless hockey players...

Closed Thread