HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Buffalo / Pittsburgh

Old
07-28-2011, 05:56 PM
Ragamuffin Gunner
Lost in The Flood

vCash: 500
Remember when StL fans wouldn't do Boyes for Staal straight up?

Good times.

Ragamuffin Gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 06:17 PM
HarryNealesGarden
Big Daddy Ted

Quote:
Originally Posted by malksby8771 View Post
Sounds like you wouldn't be opposed to trading for a second line Center. Staal to Buffalo?
This could be an intriguing trade possibility if Leino isn't working out at center.

HarryNealesGarden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 06:31 PM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryNealesGarden View Post
This could be an intriguing trade possibility if Leino isn't working out at center.
Yeah except I doubt Pittsburgh would want anything from Buffalo except maybe Vanek. If it ain't broken don't fix it. Pittsburgh will always be contenders with 87-71-11 down the middle.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:11 PM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by nseifner View Post
As a pens fan I wouldn't give up Dustin Jeffery for Brad Boyes. I think Dustin Jeffrey is a prospect that can be a good player down the road for Pittsburgh. Plus we don't want or need Boyes cap hit.
Aside from the cap hit i'd risk Jeffrey for a player who's scored 40 goals before. 1 year 1M cap hit next season perhaps? try and get him scoring goals again.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:37 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
1) Buffalo only gave up a 2nd for Boyes and he didn't do anything to increase his value while playing for the Sabres, so I'm not sure why the Pens would give up Jeffrey and a 3rd for him. Jeffrey alone is worth more than a 2nd...you pray for your 2nd rounders to progress like Jeffrey has since being drafted.

2) The Pens don't have the cap room to fit Boyes. If they hadn't signed Sullivan to be their RH shot PP presence, then Boyes would've been a nice target, but they did. Might as well see how SS acclimates and then maybe re-visit the Boyes option at the deadline.
This.
And CDub, you have easily become my fav poster because of logic, reason and at times, sarcasm.
Yet another good post.
As far as this trade goes, I ABSOLUTELY do not like it from a Pens POV. DJ is easily the most intriguing prospect from the Pens for me because of:
A) his obvious talent, smarts and versatility
B) he has (as a late round pick) done EXACTLY what everyone on HF hopes their teams prospects can do, which is improve DRAMATICLY, every year since being drafted...to the point where he is a valuable asset with as yet undetermined, but almost guaranteed long NHL future.

The kid is amazing because of his drive. People might overlook him because of his draft statis,and each year think he may have peaked. Just dont count him out for continued improvement because thats what the kid is all about.
I wouldnt give him up for Boyes alone (given BB's salary and how close to the cap we arr, DJ's potential, continued growth).
But Im a HUGE DJ homer, so what do I know. Its just this time, I think Im justified in being so.

stardog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 11:59 PM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsnRosesPenguins91 View Post
Would love to see Boyes in Pittsburgh. But I don't think the Pens could afford his salary. What I like though (this could be good or bad), Boyes comes with one more year on his deal. Should he not produce or be a fit, the Pens can let him walk after the season. Jeffery is a center. He is really going to have a hard time finding a spot on the Penguins due to the Pens center depth. He more than likely is going to have to play wing. He also has to pass through waivers this year if he doesn't make the team and he would definitely be claimed. If Pittsburgh had more cap space, I would do this deal.
Three things.
1) Youd really be willing to let an asset as valuable as DJ walk for one year of Boyes??? I mean I get he had a 40 goal season, but whos to say that will happen again (and look at the 40 g scorers last year which should tell you the likelyhood is low)
2) DJ can flourish and provide secondary scoring at any spot in the top 9. If Staal plays 2nd line center, then Id prefer DJ over Letestu (as I simply think hes the better player) for 3rd line center or even wing. Consider the fact that DJ has far, and I mean FAR exceeded expectations every single year since being drafted and you will perhaps understand why he is easily my favorite (though not top) prospect/young player.
And 3) and perhaps most important... What the hell is a GunsnrosesPenguin??? Haha (before you ask what a stardog is, ill tell you... Sadly its a middle name... My parents were hippies, soooo what can I say?

Old
07-29-2011, 12:18 AM
stardog

Quote:
Originally Posted by wej20 View Post
He's a good two-way player who is probably more of a playmaker than a scorer (though he has a nice shot). His skating was his biggest weakness but he's worked on that a lot so while he isn't a burner he can still get around the ice quick enough. He has good size and battles along the boards but isn't very physical. His upside to me is probably good 3rd line centre who can play both ends, PK, 2nd unit PP and chip in around 15 goals 20 assists.
WEJ, respect the heck outta ya and your opinions, but his "upside" is simply NOT a third line C.
This is what I mean how peeps underestimate him. By upside Im taking it to mean his MAX potential?
To me, givin his progression and improvement, his MAX is a second line center/winger with 50/55 pt potential.
Realisticly, he will be a top 9, 45 point guy, but he has proven me wrong every year, and much like Sid, has shown a willingness, and definitive want to improve weaknesses every year.

Old
07-29-2011, 12:57 AM
stardog

Quote:
I agree, but they aren't going to reach their potential in our lineup anytime soon since we have so many 1 way contracts of players that will perform the same duties as Letestu and Jeffrey (Dupuis, Kennedy, Asham, Adams, etc.)

We have a surplus of bottom 6 forwards and a detriment of top 6 forwards and we're in win now mode every year in Pittsburgh. I'd say we attempt to package one of those guys with Niskanen and make an offer to Buffalo who is over the cap and has a surplus of top 6 forwards. Thus, they will be more likely to give us the best value for Jeffrey or Letestu.
Dude, just stop... I have refrained from responding to the last three of your posts, but enough is enough.
Look closely, we do NOT have a "detriment" of top six guys... Thats idiotic. You simply make yourself look bad by continuing to argue this position.
We won a damn cup very recently with a lesser top six.
You realize that others would kill for our rop six right???
Geeezzzzz... Kids these days

Old
07-29-2011, 01:07 AM
Sabretip

How many more theories and proposals are fans of the other 29 teams going to make before they figure out what every Buffalo fan and media member already know? The Sabres solve their cap issues simply by burying Kotalik and Morrisonn in the AHL once the season starts. End of story.

Obviously, they'd love to find a team willing to take either off their hands but they do not - repeat, do not - have to bend over and hand any team Boyes or any of their other forecasted starters in a bargain-shopping deal that doesn't improve their roster talent-wise, simply because of dollars. They are not in a salary dumping mode yet aside from the two referenced contracts.

Someone please construct a "yawn" emoticon because it's becoming quickly relevant to the "Buffalo needs to shed cap space" campaigns.....

Sabretip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:10 AM
Stop Winnin
TANK ON BOYS

Quote:
Originally Posted by stardog View Post
Dude, just stop... I have refrained from responding to the last three of your posts, but enough is enough.
Look closely, we do NOT have a "detriment" of top six guys... Thats idiotic. You simply make yourself look bad by continuing to argue this position.
No.. More like would kill for Crosby AND Malkin.

Stop Winnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:16 AM
66-29-33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kishire View Post
No.. More like would kill for Crosby AND Malkin.
Go to the police station and beg them to handcuff you, then tell them that you would kill for Crosby and Malkin. They will take it from there.

66-29-33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:23 AM
malksby8771

Quote:
Name 5 teams where Pascal Dupuis would be a top line RW, then you can come back to me with an argument that we don't have a need (or detriment) at top 6 right wing.

malksby8771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:32 AM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Quote:
(before you ask what a stardog is, ill tell you... Sadly its a middle name... My parents were hippies, soooo what can I say?
I may not know what a stardog is, but I know what the Dog Star is.

SiriusBizinuez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Rowdy Roddy Peeper
Golden Swallow

Quote:
This.
And CDub, you have easily become my fav poster because of logic, reason and at times, sarcasm.
Yet another good post.
Thanks sd. Good to see you around again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiriusBizinuez View Post
I may not know what a stardog is, but I know what the Dog Star is.

"Do you, dude? Do you?"

Rowdy Roddy Peeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:41 AM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champagne Wishes View Post
Thanks sd. Good to see you around again.

"Do you, dude? Do you?"
Party on, dude!

*rocks air guitar*

Old
07-29-2011, 10:57 AM
stardog

Quote:
Name 5 teams where Pascal Dupuis would be a top line RW, then you can come back to me with an argument that we don't have a need (or detriment) at top 6 right wing.
This is what I mean by stop. Youre arguing from a position of ignorance. Who says PD is in our top six this year???

Old
07-29-2011, 11:15 AM
Jahodac

I am gonna say Buffalo would say no.

If the Penguins could squeeze Boyes under the cap, I would do this deal.

Jahodac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 11:29 AM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Quote:
Three things.
1) Youd really be willing to let an asset as valuable as DJ walk for one year of Boyes??? I mean I get he had a 40 goal season, but whos to say that will happen again (and look at the 40 g scorers last year which should tell you the likelyhood is low)
2) DJ can flourish and provide secondary scoring at any spot in the top 9. If Staal plays 2nd line center, then Id prefer DJ over Letestu (as I simply think hes the better player) for 3rd line center or even wing. Consider the fact that DJ has far, and I mean FAR exceeded expectations every single year since being drafted and you will perhaps understand why he is easily my favorite (though not top) prospect/young player.
And 3) and perhaps most important... What the hell is a GunsnrosesPenguin??? Haha (before you ask what a stardog is, ill tell you... Sadly its a middle name... My parents were hippies, soooo what can I say?
1. You are overvaluing Jeffery IMO. I don't think he is a blue chip prospect, but he has potential.

2. Well....Guns N' Roses is my favorite band and the Pittsburgh Penguins are my favorite hockey team. And its Penguins. Not Penguin. So you are looking at as a object instead of a simple username. I combined something that I like. I see a lot of people on here with weird *** usernames. So if you have a problem......( you can finish the sentence). Man, I didn't think I would have to answer this question on here.

3. I think you might actually be Dustin Jeffery himself, as you talk him up so much.

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 11:36 AM
SiriusBizinuez
Jakub might kill you

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsnRosesPenguins91 View Post
2. Well....Guns N' Roses is my favorite band and the Pittsburgh Penguins are my favorite hockey team. And its Penguins. Not Penguin. So you are looking at as a object instead of a simple username. I combined something that I like. I see a lot of people on here with weird *** usernames. So if you have a problem......( you can finish the sentence). Man, I didn't think I would have to answer this question on here.
You might have to chill a bit dude, you are making Keanu sad. Look:

Old
07-29-2011, 11:36 AM
Beauner
Bye Bye Bylsma

Quote:
What makes you think he'll be on the first line this year?

Beauner is offline   Reply With Quote