HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

BOS/WAS - Deadline (Semin)

Old
07-29-2011, 06:41 AM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by YoRkShIrE View Post
oilers give hemsky and omark for semin
I'm sure the would. The Caps on the other hand... well let's just say GMGM would die of suffocation due to laughing too hard.

DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:00 AM
FearTheBear
6-15-11

Boston respectfully declines.

FearTheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:33 AM
Devil Dancer

How about a modification:

To Washington:
Krejci

To Boston:
Semin
Washington's 1st round pick in 2012 (not Colorado's pick)
A mid-level prospect (Galiev)

Devil Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:42 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DohDog View Post
Semin for 25 games and then he signs somewhere else... no way

The ever popular "Semin will bolt" BS....

CapitalsCupFantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:46 AM
PlayMakers
Hockey's Future Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Dancer View Post

To Washington:
Krejci

To Boston:
Semin
Nyet.

You could include the COL 1st instead and I still don't think the B's would do it. It's not about value, it's about Krejci being a player the Bruins are building around.

07-29-2011, 09:47 AM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

This makes little sense for Washington. Semin can carry the 2nd line alone most nights, not sure the same would be said of Krejci...

Unless we've got someone skilled to insert at wing, this creates a bigger hole than it fills.

Old
07-29-2011, 09:48 AM
Shaun

Don't want Semin. Only player from the Capitals I want is untouchable.

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:52 AM
Fallschirmyager

Quote:

To Washington:
Krejci

To Boston:
Semin
That ensures both sides say no. As others have stated, the bruins won't tinker anymore than they have to and there is no way the CAPS are giving up that much for that player.

Fallschirmyager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Quote:

To Washington:
Krejci

To Boston:
Semin
If anything, the Bruins would have to add.

Dellstrom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 12:02 PM
AlvintheChoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruffalex View Post
If anything, the Bruins would have to add.
In terms of value, yes, but I get the feeling Bruins fans will like to keep Krejci, barring an overpayment?

AlvintheChoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
Hivemind
We're Touched

Both teams would like Krejci and Semin playing together. The general framework of this trade does not allow for that. At best, this ends up as a lateral move for either team.

Hivemind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 12:52 PM
txpd

first of all neither of these teams takes a major roster player OFF the roster at the trade deadline. wont happen.

second. the ONLY caps player you would want is untouchable? ONLY? the caps are 8 and 22 junk players? after a while the caps bash just is laughable.

txpd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 02:23 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by txpd View Post
first of all neither of these teams takes a major roster player OFF the roster at the trade deadline. wont happen.

second. the ONLY caps player you would want is untouchable? ONLY? the caps are 8 and 22 junk players? after a while the caps bash just is laughable.
Only player I'd want too is AO. Maybe Alzner or Carlson. Maaaaybbeee Wideman back, but that's highly doubtful

The end.

And yeah... no. Krejci as a RFA > Semin as a UFA in my mind. And yes, I definitely think Semin wouldn't return to the Bruins the next season anyways. So then Krejci for 25 games + playoffs of Semin; no thanks, not a chance.

PatriceBergeronFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:10 PM
CapitalsCupFantasy
HFBoards Sponsor

It's funny how one Cup makes fans believe their team can't be made better....

Old
07-29-2011, 04:23 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalsCup2012 View Post
No one has been saying that, at least not me. Krejci lead the league in playoff scoring and I know Semin is a good goal scorer but there really isn't a need for him with Seguin possibly breaking out this year and I'd rather have Krejci for his nice cap hit.

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Random Bruins Fan
Certified Poster

Quote:
There is always room for improvement, and the Bruins are no exception. But if teams are looking for a value deal Boston is not a good candidate as they are in a postion of strength having just won the stanley cup Boston isn't motivated to change it's core and it has capspace and highend prospects.

Random Bruins Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:42 PM
DJENTLEMAN
INTJ

Quote:

I'd add Carlson, Alzner, Laich, and Knuble (for veteran reasons, he'd fit nicely on the 3rd line - replacing Recchi) to that list, but beyond that, I don't think there is anyone else on the Caps that would fit the Bruins style of play (physical, grinding, and overall two-way play), or plan going forward in the future (as in age, contract length / cap hit, and organizational depth all play a factor). The Bruins are stacked at the Junior & AHL level with guys that could be on the roster of many NHL teams this upcoming season, however, the Bruins depth chart is full and there is no room for them. I wouldn't take the poster you quoted as a "Caps bash," more of a whole situational approach and credit to Harvard for the team he has built at all levels of the organization.

Quote:
No one here, in this thread, has said this. Anyone with half a brain and knowledge of the sport knows a lot of luck played a critical role in the Bruins' Cup run. One bad bounce in OT of game 7 against the Canadiens, or if Crosby & Malkin were both healthy for the entire season, I have a feeling there would be a whole other situation going on in Boston (who's the new coach?, Peverley & Kelly still suck and they need to be traded, Thomas can't steal a game in the playoffs to save his life, good job trading off your mid-round 1st round pick & potential future 2nd-3rd line power forward center to the Leafs for Kaberle - you're fired etc).

Krejci is a player the Bruins are building around, is a RFA at the end of the year, is the central pivot on the Bruins first line (which if he were dealt, would leave a glaring hole on that line), is overall a very good two-way player who will hit when he needs to, and was the playoffs leading scorer. Semin on the other hand holds a $6 million cap hit, is UFA at the end of the year, is known to float which completely goes against the Bruins team philosophy and system (Phil Kessel comes to mind - Semin is much better than him though), and has been known to not show up for big games. Add all that to a possible KHL / Russian factor with Semin if he doesn't get paid (as reports have documented over the past 3 years during contract talks) and you have no reason to make this deal, and better yet for your sake, you better not make this deal (and right before the playoffs too?). I'm not saying Semin isn't a good player, he's an offensive dynamo that is stuck behind AO on the depth chart, and would be the #1 left winger and point getter on most teams in the NHL. I would love to have a skilled player of Semin's caliber on the Bruins, he would undoubtedly make the Bruins a better team (without subtracting Krejci or any of the other Bruins' core - and no, I'm not saying that he could be had for scraps or without any of the Bruins core, I'm simply trying to say he would make the Bruins better), but absolutely not at the cost of Krejci.

Furthermore, this whole deal hinges upon Seguin turning into the Bruins #1 or #2 center, most likely #1 because of Bergeron's chemistry with Marchand (you wouldn't want to break up a good thing, and you would be doing just that by putting him between Lucic & Horton instead of Marchand) & his Selke-caliber play (which of course makes him the ideal second line center). To me, Seguin needs a lot more of development time to turn into that #1 center that his potential has him targeted as (potential, not guaranteed, Leafs fans ). He needs to continue to work on and improve his defensive play (which has grown leaps and bounds since his arrival in Boston), he needs to learn to slow the game down in the offensive zone while also playing at the NHL speed, and lastly he needs to learn how and demonstrate that he is consistently capable of playing against another team's top line and defenders. Most of which, he needs to continue to grow, improve, mature into, and get more seasoning in the NHL to learn & attain.

Last edited by DJENTLEMAN: 07-29-2011 at 05:52 PM.
DJENTLEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:49 PM
txpd

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Only player I'd want too is AO. Maybe Alzner or Carlson. Maaaaybbeee Wideman back, but that's highly doubtful.
really...this is ridiculous. maybe alzner or carlson...maybe, backstrom...no? really?
lets just start there.

its not about how the b's are perfect as much as it is about how the caps suck compared to them at every position. thats a hoot.

Old
07-29-2011, 08:20 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

Quote:
really...this is ridiculous. maybe alzner or carlson...maybe, backstrom...no? really?
lets just start there.

its not about how the b's are perfect as much as it is about how the caps suck compared to them at every position. thats a hoot.
Huh? It's the truth... the players I mentioned are the only Caps I'd want on the Bruins. Add Laich and Knuble as another poster mentioned too for vet depth.

PatriceBergeronFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:43 PM
Brave Sir Robin

How about Green for Bergeron?

Brave Sir Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:44 PM
Shaun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
Good joke

Shaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:25 PM
txpd

how about green for thornton?

Old
07-29-2011, 09:47 PM
NeilYoung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Sir Robin View Post
No Thanks

NeilYoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 11:18 PM
QuadrupleDeke
33% more deke

ITT: Bruins fans looking like idiots by repeatedly saying they wouldn't want Backstrom on their team.

QuadrupleDeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 03:18 AM
EroCaps

Quote:

To Washington:
Krejci

To Boston:
Semin
Umm, no?

The idea of trading Semin a month before the playoffs for anyone is ridiculous. I don't care who it's for. The idea of throwing in a very valuable pick and good prospect is just .

Semin isn't going anywhere. I vented by frustration the week between the Draft and FA bc I figured that's when it'd happen.

EroCaps is offline   Reply With Quote