HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Isles trade Trent Hunter for Brian Rolston (Post 203 Hunter on Waivers)

Old
02-25-2012, 03:44 PM
Law

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2750 View Post
Saying Hunter is better than Rolston is like saying a pile of rancid puke smells better than a pile of fresh ****. Im just glad we never have to see either of them again in an Isles jersey.
Nah, just allowed us to get to the cap floor in one move instead of two.

Law is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 03:56 PM
JJmcD
The Power Of Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Islanders1932 View Post
Lmao I love everyone bashing Botta when he was the only one who called this correctly.
Yeah, but who would have though someone in the NHL, the best of the best, would be as bad as Rolston has been.

I'm tired of the Islanders (and Mets) picking up 36-40 year olds in the off season who used to be good. Those players rarely help for the present, and certainly don't help for the future of a team. I mean, get some more ******* young players who have a bright future!

JJmcD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Steve55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang2750 View Post
Saying Hunter is better than Rolston is like saying a pile of rancid puke smells better than a pile of fresh ****. Im just glad we never have to see either of them again in an Isles jersey.
How do you know Trent won't be back? He has certainly done better than Reasoner and Nino for sure this season. One can argue he has done better than Pandolfo as well. Also he plays better defense than Rolston. My philosophy is that just because one is younger doesn't he can get a free pass. Example: IF Trent beats Ullstrom at the camp next September, it will be best if the Isles sign him and send Ullstrom to Bridgeport.

Steve55 is offline   Reply With Quote