Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 09:12 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
Best part about Moose games!!!... Besides Kokanee on Tap!!
I was once in Seattle for the day with a friend from Northern BC. He’s of mixed Irish / Metis heritage. Anyway, we popped into a pub for a pint, and asked the waitress if they had any imports. She said “Well, we’ve got Kokanee, but it’s real strong.” You could probably hear us laughing all the way in Vancouver.

Winnipeg Jet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Le Golie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdoe42 View Post
Here is a pic I took when i was at the MTS Center last week

This is the upper Deck they are putting these stations by every isle
So this is where they are putting small concessions and beer/snack stands I assume? The upper deck might be pretty decent if the washrooms are sufficient.

Le Golie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 09:53 PM
Le Oranje

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
What are they putting in that space? Beer/snack stands?
The only way they could make that work comfortably is if they hired Verne Troyer as the cashier.

Le Oranje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-31-2011, 09:56 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Oranje View Post
The only way they could make that work comfortably is if they hired Verne Troyer as the cashier.
Well, he does have a background in cloning.

Old
07-31-2011, 11:32 PM
broinwhyteridge

As long as he fits, we should be good for storage for the Cup someday.

broinwhyteridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Tdoe42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Golie View Post
So this is where they are putting small concessions and beer/snack stands I assume? The upper deck might be pretty decent if the washrooms are sufficient.
The washrooms are 3x the size as the ones in the main concourse

Tdoe42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 09:17 AM
mzappa
Jets fans in space

vCash: 50
awesome doesn't even begin to describe that idea! they need a jet in there somewhere. they could do it like the Oilers lower the oil rig down. but it definitely needs flames from the engines.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodybreak View Post
That would be awesome... Just trying to rack my brain figuring out how they would do that without obstructing any view of the scoreboard. I guess as long as the jet was hung in a similar way to how the (Moose) banners are hung right now, that would work. Maybe it will be something that lowers to the ground for player entrances? Or maybe TNSE has remodeled the "flaming birds" from Philips Arena?

mzappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 09:57 AM
SCP Guy

Anyone remember the blimp that would fly around the old barn and drop prizes down on the crowd? I dont remember who sponsored it but it was good times watching that thing fly around as a kid

Last edited by SCP Guy: 08-01-2011 at 12:24 PM.
SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 10:22 AM
ATHF
Go Jets Go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP Guy View Post
Anyone remember the blimp that would fly around the old barn and drop prizes down on the crowd? I dont remember who sponsored it buy it was good times watching that thing fly around as a kid
I remember that one very well....they've got one of them in Anaheim now....an inflatible sheep that drops matress coupons out of its...uh......trap door...shall we say. Always brings back memories of the blimp and of the old barn.

By the way, the discussion of the hot dogs is awesome to see because I always thought I was the only one that salivated over those things when I got them. Always sat in the uppers at the old arena so I would get them from the little cart that sat in the corner of the aisleway. I recreate them at home once a month or so and they are outstanding and probably the best hot dogs I've ever had...

ATHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 12:54 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1

Quote:
Anyone remember the blimp that would fly around the old barn and drop prizes down on the crowd? I dont remember who sponsored it but it was good times watching that thing fly around as a kid

I hated that frickin' thing. Hope we don't have to put up with that again.

I thought we were getting back to the big leagues. Nothing says bush league like flying blimps, shooting hot dogs out of cannons and goofy hijinks on the ice during intermissions.

Okay, flame away.

AndersUlfBobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 01:29 PM
BrianL*

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndersUlfBobby View Post

I thought we were getting back to the big leagues. Nothing says bush league like flying blimps, shooting hot dogs out of cannons and goofy hijinks on the ice during intermissions.

Okay, flame away.
Come on, we gotta bring back the 5 year olds stumbling toward our backup goalie on a break away drill.

BrianL* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 01:37 PM
SCP Guy

Quote:

Okay, flame away.
Not gonna flame you

But allot of $$$$$$$$ is spent at games by dads who take their kids as a right of passage....so little things like this do add value to the experience for our younger fans who will be keeping this team going when we are no longer able to do so

SCP Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 01:46 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Come on, we gotta bring back the 5 year olds stumbling toward our backup goalie on a break away drill.
That, I think most people would be okay with.

It saddens me to say that one of the reasons that the Moose didn't attract some of the old Jets fans was the marketing gimmicks that took place during their games. For instance, having people throwing t-shirts and beef jerky into the stands and fans scrambling for their free swag while others were trying to watch the game down on the ice was a real turn off. I just hope TNSE understands that they don't have to do these types of things anymore.

Quote:
Not gonna flame you

But allot of $$$$$$$$ is spent at games by dads who take their kids as a right of passage....so little things like this do add value to the experience for our younger fans who will be keeping this team going when we are no longer able to do so
Hopefully dad spending $100+ a ticket in the lower bowl to see the likes of Crosby, Stamkos, Toews, etc is enough for the kiddies to appreciate the experience.

Last edited by AndersUlfBobby: 08-01-2011 at 01:55 PM.
Old
08-01-2011, 01:48 PM
Winnipeg Jet
Phoenix Coyote

Quote:

Okay, flame away.
It seems to work for the Vancouver Canucks.

Old
08-01-2011, 01:59 PM
AndersUlfBobby
Sec 6A Row 29 Seat 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
It seems to work for the Vancouver Canucks.
I've been to games in St. Paul, Tampa, Chicago, Meadowlands, Nassau County, MSG, Boston, Washington, Philadelphia, Detroit and Toronto, and I don't recall any of them having to resort to this type of activity.

Old
08-01-2011, 02:01 PM
King Woodballs
**** HFJets

vCash: 375
Man I remember that blimp
I got the envelope one time
It was a gift cert to a restaurant or something

King Woodballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-01-2011, 08:32 PM
mondo3

I wonder if they could make the blimp look like one of those british jets that can hover

mondo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 03:02 AM
CH3NO2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnipeg Jet View Post
How many will Mile One Centre have?
dont know for sure,but looks like you be able to get an Ice Cap!

CH3NO2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 11:02 AM
NODLR
The Dog House

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
I wonder if they could make the blimp look like one of those british jets that can hover
Why would we want a British jet

Something like this though...

NODLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-02-2011, 01:20 PM
LTZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL View Post
Funny. I actually did that as a youngster. Good times.

LTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 10:13 AM
shtinky

Quote:
It saddens me to say that one of the reasons that the Moose didn't attract some of the old Jets fans was the marketing gimmicks that took place during their games. For instance, having people throwing t-shirts and beef jerky into the stands and fans scrambling for their free swag while others were trying to watch the game down on the ice was a real turn off. I just hope TNSE understands that they don't have to do these types of things anymore.
I'm sure they do.

The Moose really toned it down with that stuff by the later years. The first couple seasons were over the top with all the gimmicky crap, but by the time they moved to the MTSC, it was at a minimum - probably no worse than what you would have seen at any Canadian NHL rink.

shtinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 01:09 PM
KingSalamon

Ok... went to my seat selection event today and asked a couple of questions and received somewhat expected answers.

Regarding Wi-fi, the rep said that the ultimate answer would come from someone in customer service but from his understanding, there may be a lock on the wi-fi during non-event times but he expects that during games there would be no lock/password to access the wi-fi. (I think I will email customer service to get some clarification)

Cameras... it seems to be a pretty simple rule. If the camera is in a camera bag (like mine was) and 'looks' expensive, it will not be allowed in. I suppose a crappy old camera from the 80's may not be allowed if it is large and in it's own bag. The only cameras they allow are small ones and of course the cellphone types. The people who make the call will base their decision when they see it. If it looks remotely fancy, they won't allow it (never mind the professional looking kinds). When I asked this question to the rep, he didn't even ask to see the camera, he saw the bag and said nope.

When do we get tickets? I figured I would get an update on this burning question and it seems that we will get an email in the future with the details but it sounds like there will be an 'event' to pick up the tickets at the MTS Centre.

Another note was the upper bowl concourse is under full construction at this point. So much so that the rep had to take me to my seat in the south end by going through the seating area, rather than the concourse area. I didn't mind but it would have been cool to see the progress of the construction.

As for anything else, I didn't ask much else... it was a fast and fun process! I was so nervous before being called in... kinda like a kid on Christmas eve! lol Can't wait to get the tickets now!

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 02:10 PM
shtinky

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingSalamon View Post
Cameras... it seems to be a pretty simple rule. If the camera is in a camera bag (like mine was) and 'looks' expensive, it will not be allowed in. I suppose a crappy old camera from the 80's may not be allowed if it is large and in it's own bag. The only cameras they allow are small ones and of course the cellphone types. The people who make the call will base their decision when they see it. If it looks remotely fancy, they won't allow it (never mind the professional looking kinds). When I asked this question to the rep, he didn't even ask to see the camera, he saw the bag and said nope.
So basically anything with an interchangeable lens is out, from the sounds of it.

Kind of funny when you think about it, given that iPhone 4 already has a HD motion camera and a 5 MP lens with zoom - who knows where that technology will be in another two years. Basically every kid with a phone is going to have a nearly pro-quality camera in their pocket before too long.

shtinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-03-2011, 02:20 PM
KingSalamon

Yup... pretty much sums it up.

Time to go out and get an IPhone maybe!? lol I've been toying with the idea of an IPhone but so far I haven't bothered with it.

KingSalamon is offline   Reply With Quote