HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Nashville Predators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Why no love for Klein?

Closed Thread

Old
08-02-2004, 03:50 PM
theo6060

vCash: 500
Why no love for Klein?

Have the Preds ratings been re-done? If so, how come Kevin Klein remains a 6? I thought last year he was deserving of atleast a 6.5 and this year a 7...

Old
08-02-2004, 04:22 PM
Joe T Choker
Roll Wide Roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
Have the Preds ratings been re-done? If so, how come Kevin Klein remains a 6? I thought last year he was deserving of atleast a 6.5 and this year a 7...
That's what I would have pencilled him in as...I thought he was our best Dman at the Preds-rookie camp, bar none...but thank god Slats432 *George Bachul* is doing them right now

Old
08-02-2004, 04:27 PM
crossxcheck

Send a message via AIM to crossxcheck Send a message via MSN to crossxcheck Send a message via Yahoo to crossxcheck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven_Nation_Army
That's what I would have pencilled him in as...I thought he was our best Dman at the Preds-rookie camp, bar none...but thank god Slats432 *George Bachul* is doing them right now
I agree klein looked the best by far at rookie camp. I'd probably put him and weber at a 7, niskala at a 6.5, and suter at a 7.5. But regardless George is doing an excellent job and is much appreciated here!!

Old
08-02-2004, 05:43 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossxcheck
I agree klein looked the best by far at rookie camp. I'd probably put him and weber at a 7, niskala at a 6.5, and suter at a 7.5. But regardless George is doing an excellent job and is much appreciated here!!
I would put both weber and klein in the 7 - 7.5 range, and Suter as an 8, pushing 8.5. I have no idea on Niskala......

08-02-2004, 06:28 PM
Basher
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to Basher Send a message via MSN to Basher Send a message via Skype™ to Basher
It doesn't hurt me one bit to have them ranked low...does it really matter? At least it gives them a better chance of reaching their goal, instead of being rated a 7.5 and only coming out to a 6.5....either way, as long as they play the way the are capable I'll be happy.

Old
08-03-2004, 03:07 AM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basher
It doesn't hurt me one bit to have them ranked low...does it really matter? At least it gives them a better chance of reaching their goal, instead of being rated a 7.5 and only coming out to a 6.5....either way, as long as they play the way the are capable I'll be happy.
Why not give them the rating they deserve? If they overachieve then great, if they underachieve then fine - but why not give them what they are warranted?

Old
08-03-2004, 07:58 AM
triggrman
HFBoards Sponsor

I don't think George has redone the rankings when he does, I'm sure Klien and Weber will both be 7.5 or around that anyway.

Old
08-03-2004, 08:14 AM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by triggrman
I don't think George has redone the rankings when he does, I'm sure Klien and Weber will both be 7.5 or around that anyway.
Agreed.

And to answer the initial question of "why does Klein get no love?", I think it is two fold. A: He just doesn't do anything that stands out. He doesn't have a blazing shot; he doesn't have great size; he isn't an incredible skater; he isn't an otherwordly passer; he isn't overly physical. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well. He just does every thing very well. He's just not flashy.

And B: playing for Nashville can make you obscure. We are not exactly a high profile team and our prospects don't always get the hype you see with some other teams. It's probably not bad for them at all as they don't get too much pressure thrusted on their shoulders at such a young age.

Old
08-03-2004, 11:06 AM
tulsytrid1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Agreed.

And to answer the initial question of "why does Klein get no love?", I think it is two fold. A: He just doesn't do anything that stands out. He doesn't have a blazing shot; he doesn't have great size; he isn't an incredible skater; he isn't an otherwordly passer; he isn't overly physical. He doesn't do anything exceptionally well. He just does every thing very well. He's just not flashy.

And B: playing for Nashville can make you obscure. We are not exactly a high profile team and our prospects don't always get the hype you see with some other teams. It's probably not bad for them at all as they don't get too much pressure thrusted on their shoulders at such a young age.
I agree. Had Klein or Weber for that matter been selected by the Leafs or Habs, I think they would be getting a little more hype on these boards.

Old
08-03-2004, 01:40 PM
Enoch
This is my boomstick

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulsytrid1
I agree. Had Klein or Weber for that matter been selected by the Leafs or Habs, I think they would be getting a little more hype on these boards.
Understatement of the year

Old
08-04-2004, 02:27 PM
theo6060

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Agreed.

I know Klein isn't a flashy player, but he is the type of player that can bring a team to a championship. By doing everything very well and not getting noticed for doing it, he is truly one of the future unsung players. The reason why I ask why there's no love for him is because I saw him many times over the last two years and this kid is an absolute gem. He should have been a first round pick...

Old
08-04-2004, 03:53 PM
SmokeyClause

Send a message via AIM to SmokeyClause
Quote:
Originally Posted by theo6060
He should have been a first round pick...
In most drafts, he would have been. But he had the misfortunate of being in a draft considered incredibly deep. He would have been a top 25 selection in this years draft.

Old
08-05-2004, 01:02 PM
Upchuck19

Every team needs at least two good stay at home defenseman, you can't have all rushing defenseman. Klein will be a good d-man for the Preds in a year or two.

Closed Thread