HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Free Agent Frenzy
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Free Agent Frenzy Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Doughty to Florida

Old
07-28-2011, 04:56 PM
FinlandPanther

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sawyer View Post
There's like who? You and Jim from down the street? I'm sure we can come up with a compromise with the two of you.
Theres always a funny guy, unfortunately those 2 people that are fans are much more knowledgable than you. We have no need for Doughty as amazing as he is.

FinlandPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 05:15 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Wow. Holy overpayment batman. If Florida management makes this deal then guranteed Tallon would get fired on the exact spot he is standing in a second. Doughty is a franchise dman but that is way too much of an overpayment for even Doughty. Not to mention if that pick is indeed a lottery pick then Kings could very well draft a defensemen of Doughty's calibre.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 05:20 PM
one2gamble

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1988 View Post
Booth, Gudbranson, Kulikov, Howden/1sts.

That's what it would take. Seriously. Not because that's what Doughty's worth is objectively, but rather what his subjective worth is to LA.
LA would take that and run because it would make them better on the ice

one2gamble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 05:29 PM
Fearless Leaf*
Playiffs 2013!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TML1988 View Post
Booth, Gudbranson, Kulikov, Howden/1sts.

That's what it would take. Seriously. Not because that's what Doughty's worth is objectively, but rather what his subjective worth is to LA.
Then Dustin Brown better be coming other way along with Doughty.

Fearless Leaf* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 05:53 PM
DrSutton*
Given Up

Only an overpayment is going to get Doughty, even if they can't get over their impasse in contract negotiations.

DrSutton* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 06:35 PM
Skip2myBordyloo
Maybe next year

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
Theres always a funny guy, unfortunately those 2 people that are fans are much more knowledgable than you. We have no need for Doughty as amazing as he is.
maybe not, but you put him on any squad and the team gets better, no question. so if the price was right you bet tallon would move the pieces to get him

Skip2myBordyloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:07 PM
Laus723
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Sawyer View Post
There's like who? You and Jim from down the street? I'm sure we can come up with a compromise with the two of you.
Uhm, since when do fans have any say on any trade in any sport period? As if your post wasn't stupid enough, you lost any type of wittiness based on the previous alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Proof View Post
Wow. Holy overpayment batman. If Florida management makes this deal then guranteed Tallon would get fired on the exact spot he is standing in a second. Doughty is a franchise dman but that is way too much of an overpayment for even Doughty. Not to mention if that pick is indeed a lottery pick then Kings could very well draft a defensemen of Doughty's calibre.
Yep. Doughty won't get close to that. Name me one player who has, especially lately. Do people just not pay attention to trades that actually happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrSutton View Post
Only an overpayment is going to get Doughty, even if they can't get over their impasse in contract negotiations.
Not likely. A couple firsts will be involved, no doubt, but not close to the OP.

07-28-2011, 07:12 PM
gtwyc
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:
There is not one team in the league that has no need for a player like doughty. he's too good And full of too much potential to have no need for him.

gtwyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:18 PM
gtwyc
L.A. Kings Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
And Doughty's not? Hate to say it, but LA is likely even more of a hockey purgatory than Florida since theya re on the west coast. I agree Subban might be overrated and I'll leave Myers for Sabres fans to defend or not, but when Kulikov makes the Olympic team or gets a Norris nomination, then we can discuss who is on whose level.
Doughty >>>> Kulikov.
La is not hockey purgatory. There is only one hockey purgatory and that's Florida.

gtwyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:22 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by butteryslugz View Post
There is not one team in the league that has no need for a player like doughty. he's too good And full of too much potential to have no need for him.
Philly and Nashville laugh in your face.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:27 PM
CNS
A World Alone

If Doughty had to be traded, Florida would be nice to me. Gets him out of the west but they'd have to be willing to give up Kuli and Gudbranson.

CNS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:34 PM
Ronk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
Riiight, cause they couldn't make use of another #1 dman/ PP QB. Thats like NJ saying we have no need for Kovalchuk because we have Parise.

Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:35 PM
R0bert0 Lu0ng0

I enjoy how the OP has Los Angeles trading their best player in order to replenish their prospect pool. Hello, you have prospects so they can eventually make your team better.. not so you can brag about a bunch of non-NHLers on HFBoards

R0bert0 Lu0ng0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:36 PM
SteenMachine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronk View Post
Riiight, cause they couldn't make use of another #1 dman/ PP QB. Thats like NJ saying we have no need for Kovalchuk because we have Parise.
Considering the contract he's about to get... no they couldn't. Get over it.

Yeah adding Kovalchuk really did wonders for their season... hell subtracting roster players made them a better team than he did.

SteenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:49 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
not if you sacrifice everything for him....

Old
07-28-2011, 07:51 PM
rajuabju
The One & Only

Yea, sorry, no. LA's just not interested in that type of proposal.

rajuabju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:59 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
ummm... isn't Kulikov in his offer? I'd give up Gudbranson a hell of alot easier than I would Kulikov.

no thanks from this florida fan. Doughty isn't going to put us over the top. I'd rather keep our youngsters and continue to build this team the right way.
And I'd rather have Gudbrandson personally. Kulikov is going to be a good player, and definate top four guy (whih he is already) but Gudbrandson has a higher ceiling and likely will be a better all around defenseman.

kingsfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:03 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
And I'd rather have Gudbrandson personally. Kulikov is going to be a good player, and definate top four guy (whih he is already) but Gudbrandson has a higher ceiling and likely will be a better all around defenseman.
I'd have to disagree with that. I love both of them and they are going to compliment each other for the next decade on our blueline, but Kulikov can be an elite #1 D-man. He is actually good defensively, while being a huge offensive threat. Gudbranson will be the defensive stalwart, while Kulikov will be the offensive one. I see Gudbranson as more of a 1B or #2 defenseman. They both have extremely high ceilings though.

Old
07-28-2011, 08:10 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
La is not hockey purgatory. There is only one hockey purgatory and that's Florida.
Incorrect, but I'll leave you with dilussional thought and move on.

Old
07-28-2011, 08:11 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

Edit*

I must've re-typed a 1000 variations of G-T-F-O...

Simply put, lock this thread until anyone from the Kings side watches A Panthers game.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:13 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
Why? Like they couldn't use Doughty? Philly's defense is so deep, they can't use Doughty? I'm sure Nashville's isn't either.

Bottom line every team would be improved by having Doughty on it. There isn't one team out there with two defenseman better than Drew Doughty, never mind six, so every team could use and need a guy of that skill level. Whether they want to pay the price is the real question, and only a set amount of teams have the cap space and assets to get Doughty if he did become available.

Which he won't, 99% likely anyways, so in the end of these dicussions/arguments are moot.

Old
07-28-2011, 08:15 PM
CHGoalie27
GWAAARRRRRRR

...and no, one night of 'NHL On The Fly' doesn't count.

CHGoalie27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:20 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
I'd have to disagree with that. I love both of them and they are going to compliment each other for the next decade on our blueline, but Kulikov can be an elite #1 D-man. He is actually good defensively, while being a huge offensive threat. Gudbranson will be the defensive stalwart, while Kulikov will be the offensive one. I see Gudbranson as more of a 1B or #2 defenseman. They both have extremely high ceilings though.
Likely just a matter of opinion. My opinion differs from yours, but you could be completely correct in the end. For now though, I'll stick to Gudbrandson > Kulikov

Old
07-28-2011, 08:28 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHGoalie72 View Post
Edit*

I must've re-typed a 1000 variations of G-T-F-O...

Simply put, lock this thread until anyone from the Kings side watches A Panthers game.
LMAO.

The classic 'your teams' fans have never seen my team play' line. Right, because we never seen the Panthers play, ever.

Those lines might have had merit a few decades back, but now most fans have access to multiple games a week. I have the Centre Ice package which shows almost every game played each season and I happen to prefer to watch Florida because they are one of the teams which aren't featured on Canadian TV, even when they come to Canada (outside of a visit to Toronto of course). I likely have watched the Panthers play 20-40 times per season since 2003. Have you watched Doughty and the Kings as much?

Old
07-28-2011, 08:33 PM
FinlandPanther

Quote:
Likely just a matter of opinion. My opinion differs from yours, but you could be completely correct in the end. For now though, I'll stick to Gudbrandson > Kulikov
Agreed. It depends on what you want in your defenseman. I think Kulikov will get more recognition because he will put up more points and be very good defensively, but Gudbranson will be just as valuable for what he brings to the table.