HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Doughty to Florida

Old
07-29-2011, 12:25 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP Mick View Post
That's what I'm talking about, It's all about the care-bears.
care-bear swag

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 12:25 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamal007 View Post
How exactly is this too much from Florida? If Tallon got this offer, he should take it and run. Its ONE roster player that is given up, the rest are middle prospects and the only risk I see from the original deal is that 2012 pick but even if you give them Yakupov, its still EASILY worth it.
I have seen you post in so many questionable trade proposals. How old are you, just out of curiosity? Do you understand what you are saying fully?

Quote:
How exactly is this too much from Florida? If Tallon got this offer, he should take it and run.
Suggestion, do some research.

JP Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 12:28 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phion Keneuf View Post
care-bear swag
My favorite!

Old
07-29-2011, 12:50 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiedBacon View Post
The value to LA of the Doughboy is far more than his actual value.

To pry him from LA the package would have to look like this:

Booth
Gudbranson
Huberdeau
Howden
Shore
2012 1st

and quite frankly I still think LA doesn't touch that. Sorry Panther fans but you don't move a 20 year old Franchise defenseman for anything short of a King's Ransom
Wow that's an insulting offer. Seriously what is it with Florida fans overhyping their players/undervaluing Kings' franchise superstars with zero conditioning, motivation or contract issues? Try

Booth
Weiss
Kulikov
Huberdeau
Gudbranson
Bjugstad
Howden
Shore
Petrovic
Markstrom
Dadonov
Ellerby
Robak
Repik
MacFarland
Grimaldi
2012 1st
2013 1st
2013 6th

That may keep LA bursting out laughing for 20 seconds, but only because that's how long it would take them to read that list.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Kamal007
A$VP

Quote:
You Leaf fans crack me up, do you really understand hockey outside of your TO fantasy-land? I know you trust in Burke, but we are actually doing a proper re-build. I don't expect you to understand.
Lol, I see I upset you so much you had to quote my post twice, I am honoured. I will try defending my statements instead of throwing insults at you, since you clearly seem enraged.

Anyways, proper rebuild you say? A 20 year old perennial Norris nominee would not fit that how? Two good not great prospects (7.0B and 7.5B), a draft pick and Kulikov is far out of Doughty's value. I understand each team overrates their prospects but those are prospects teams easily give up to get a talent the likes of Drew Doughty, a potential 70 point (dare I say, 80 point potential) D man.

Quote:
I have seen you post in so many questionable trade proposals. How old are you, just out of curiosity? Do you understand what you are saying fully?

Suggestion, do some research.
Seen me in many questionable trade proposals have you? Lol, find me a few examples, brah. My age? What does it matter, Brian Boyle is one of the most knowledgeable posters and hes 12 or something. How old are you, though? Since the way you have thrown that hissy fit about my post, it seems like you are young.

Kamal007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:27 AM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Let's agree to disagree, and not make a deal. Deal?
Agree. Do we have a handshake smiley?

kingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:28 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Lol, I see I upset you so much you had to quote my post twice, I am honoured. I will try defending my statements instead of throwing insults at you, since you clearly seem enraged.

Anyways, proper rebuild you say? A 20 year old perennial Norris nominee would not fit that how? Two good not great prospects (7.0B and 7.5B), a draft pick and Kulikov is far out of Doughty's value. I understand each team overrates their prospects but those are prospects teams easily give up to get a talent the likes of Drew Doughty, a potential 70 point (dare I say, 80 point potential) D man.

Seen me in many questionable trade proposals have you? Lol, find me a few examples, brah. My age? What does it matter, Brian Boyle is one of the most knowledgeable posters and hes 12 or something. How old are you, though? Since the way you have thrown that hissy fit about my post, it seems like you are young.
theres no way hes 12

Old
07-29-2011, 01:32 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Don't people realize that a proven Kulikov is much more valuable than a high-potential prospect who may boom or bust? And even if Gudbranson does become an NHLer, Kulkov is a special player that I'd take over him still.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:35 AM
Brendan Shanahan
I suspend people

Quote:
theres no way hes 12
He's like 15, but he's still an arrogant little *****. Most of what he says are rehashed ideas that usually take a sentence to express, but in his case take paragraphs. I guess people become enamored by long posts that sound right, but only because you've heard it only a hundred times before.

Brendan Shanahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:39 AM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Brolov View Post
Don't people realize that a proven Kulikov is much more valuable than a high-potential prospect who may boom or bust? And even if Gudbranson does become an NHLer, Kulkov is a special player that I'd take over him still.
this

Quote:
He's like 15, but he's still an arrogant little *****. Most of what he says are rehashed ideas that usually take a sentence to express, but in his case take paragraphs. I guess people become enamored by long posts that sound right, but only because you've heard it only a hundred times before.
im 15 well im a 95er just got a late bday... but at 6 feet, 200 pounds i can pass for 18ish

and i find him pretty knowledgeable ... but maybe that's what 20 000ish posts can do to someone

Old
07-29-2011, 01:50 AM
Kamal007
A$VP

Quote:
lol I don't know about arrogant but he seems to have watched A LOT of Leaf games, so his opinion of the Leafs is pretty accurate. I don't know about other teams.

Kamal007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 02:19 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Kulikov and Voynov are about dead even.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAAH!!!!:la ugh:

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 02:24 AM
flapanthersfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandiedBacon View Post
The value to LA of the Doughboy is far more than his actual value.

To pry him from LA the package would have to look like this:

Booth
Gudbranson
Huberdeau
Howden
Shore
2012 1st

and quite frankly I still think LA doesn't touch that. Sorry Panther fans but you don't move a 20 year old Franchise defenseman for anything short of a King's Ransom
are people seriously this stupid?

doughty is great - but he's one player. last i checked - hockey is a team sport - and the only chance florida (or any team) has to win a stanley cup is to develop several good players, not trade them all for one guy.

that deal is 4-5 years worth of top draft picks. shore, howden, gudbranson and huberdeau are all top-50 prospects in the world right now and the 1st will be another.

as great as doughty is - if you seriously think any team is going to cough up that type of package - you're an idiot.

flapanthersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 02:29 AM
The Hockey Life
HF Boards Partner

According to Eklund the all knowing, (being sarcastic by the way) He said that Pitts was really in on Doughty. They said that speculation of Malkin for Doughty was going on. I dont know if they do it, but If i was a Kings fan....damn that sure doesnt make me feel bad about losing Doughty.

Last edited by The Hockey Life: 07-29-2011 at 03:53 AM.
The Hockey Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:29 AM
Mogo
(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

vCash: 814
People are seriously underrating Panthers players/prospects here. It's clear they know little about them. This thread is idiotic to start with. Panthers would never trade for Doughty because the price would be too high and because we have enough d depth as it is. We need scoring not D. Even then we won't pay kings ransom to get a scorer now we're gonna do this right this time and grow our own talent and nut rush them like we always have.

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:52 AM
Vic Vinegar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Kulikov and Voynov are about dead even.
Come on man, I'm a Kings fan and this is ridiculous.

Vic Vinegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:09 AM
JT8888

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDankness View Post
Come on man, I'm a Kings fan and this is ridiculous.
seriously, i am a kings fan and Kulikov is badazz. Voynov (from what i have seen in camp and rookie camp) is good but Kulikov is not that far off from being an elite young dman. I havent seen all the panther games but any that i caught he was very impressive

JT8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:34 AM
Gudbranson44

florida would never do this... it would be giving up the rebuild any relying on that doughty alone can make this team into a contender, which he cant. shore, howden, kulikov, gudbranson and those picks are all very valuable to us. we have no need for a doughty now until we find out how good gudbranson will be.

no

Gudbranson44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:50 AM
ricky0034

Quote:
Florida laughs so hard .... Gudbranson + Kulikov > Doughty (yes i said it)

Booth > Penner (penner sucks)

Howden + lottery pick in possibly the best draft in a looooong time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> > nothing
not when you factor in the salary cap

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandPanther View Post
Theres always a funny guy, unfortunately those 2 people that are fans are much more knowledgable than you. We have no need for Doughty as amazing as he is.
Milbury didn't even get fired until 2006(and even that is speculation) just saying

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteenMachine View Post
Philly and Nashville laugh in your face.
Pronger and Timonen are 15 years older than Doughty and won't be around much longer..

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 07:44 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
People are seriously underrating Panthers players/prospects here. It's clear they know little about them. This thread is idiotic to start with. Panthers would never trade for Doughty because the price would be too high and because we have enough d depth as it is. We need scoring not D. Even then we won't pay kings ransom to get a scorer now we're gonna do this right this time and grow our own talent and nut rush them like we always have.
This. The price will be too much to pay for Doughty. I rather keep our prospects and picks and continue on Tallon's rebuild. No need to get impatient and trade off prospects that can play top 6 roles/ top 4 pairings when this team is far off from competing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Wow that's an insulting offer. Seriously what is it with Florida fans overhyping their players/undervaluing Kings' franchise superstars with zero conditioning, motivation or contract issues? Try

That may keep LA bursting out laughing for 20 seconds, but only because that's how long it would take them to read that list.
Right...

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:55 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:

I apologize for the personal jab last night, I had one too many jagermeisters at the bar. It sucks when I am friends with the bartender and get them fed to me, it's all her fault. (not really)

I still disagree with you though.

Old
07-29-2011, 08:58 AM
Drake1588
UNATCO

The Panthers are giving up futures. The Kings are trying to win now.

Now, I'm not suggesting that the Panthers have the assets in mature NHL talent to land Doughty, just that futures won't entice the Kings to trade him. That Florida's best assets to land a budding superstar are futures is immaterial to Los Angeles.

Drake1588 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:01 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
Agree. Do we have a handshake smiley?
Damn straight bredren. A high-five will have to do.

Old
07-29-2011, 09:06 AM
JP Mick
Two Gallants

Quote:
This shouldn't even be a question. He was a man among boys last year and will be our version of Subban this year. He will turn heads this season and knock a few off as well.

Old
07-29-2011, 09:30 AM
ricky0034

Quote:
This shouldn't even be a question. He was a man among boys last year and will be our version of Subban this year. He will turn heads this season and knock a few off as well.
literally

ricky0034 is online now   Reply With Quote