HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Shea Weber for an elite scorer

Old
07-28-2011, 06:00 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 500
Interest in Gaborik? Maybe Stepan, Del Zotto and a pacakge of 2012 and 2013 1st Rounders?

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions

Eric Staal? That was a random thought when I was thinking of high caliber players. He has put up some big numbers in the past. He would be a good fit in Nashville as Weber would be in Carolina. Anybody think value is there?

Dragon Priest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 06:09 PM
White Goodman
smell that fitness?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsnRosesPenguins91 View Post
Eric Staal? That was a random thought when I was thinking of high caliber players. He has put up some big numbers in the past. He would be a good fit in Nashville as Weber would be in Carolina. Anybody think value is there?
With the exception of Skinner, Staal carries the offense in Carolina. Trading Staal would open a HUGE hole!

White Goodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 06:10 PM
PromNite
Armed Android

Send a message via AIM to PromNite
I am the number one Gaborik fan on the Rangers board. I doubt anyone is more of a fan of his game than me.

That being said:

Gaborik

for

Weber

What do you think?

edit: just read the whole thread... seems like the asking price is a little high.

Maybe Gaborik and Anisimov

for

Weber

I really wouldn't even want to do that deal, but in the interest of conversation... what do you guys think?

Adam Tensta's from the 163
PromNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 06:21 PM
Firestorm

Quote:
Originally Posted by PromNite View Post
I am the number one Gaborik fan on the Rangers board. I doubt anyone is more of a fan of his game than me.

That being said:

Gaborik

for

Weber

What do you think?

edit: just read the whole thread... seems like the asking price is a little high.

Maybe Gaborik and Anisimov

for

Weber

I really wouldn't even want to do that deal, but in the interest of conversation... what do you guys think?
We would want someone to show up in the playoffs though.

Oh snap!

Firestorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:24 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

How about something based around:

Semin + Green

for

Weber + Hornqvist?

NobodyBeatsTheWiz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 07:41 PM
Beesfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NobodyBeatsTheWiz View Post
How about something based around:

Semin + Green

for

Weber + Hornqvist?
That would never fly for Nashville. I think Backstrom for Weber straight up makes sense.

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Beesfan

Here are some forwards, or groups of forwards, that I can think of being traded for Weber. I've bolded the ones that I find the most likely.

Tampa Bay: Lecavalier

Vancouver: Kesler

San Jose: Couture + one of their top prospects

Carolina: E. Staal

Pittsburgh: J. Staal + Orpik

Colorado: Stastny

Buffalo: Vanek

New York Islanders: Nediettier + Bailey

Beesfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:05 PM
NFITO
hockeyinsanity*****

Quote:
Originally Posted by transcend View Post
Suter & b-level prospect for Kesler & some random d-man?
No thanks. Kesler is not going to be available in a trade and certainly not for a potential contract headache.

He's signed for 5 more years at $5mill/yr. You don't deal contracts like that for players hitting FA in a year or two.

You aren't going to get players like Kesler on longterm contracts at great value for assets like Weber or Suter - great dmen with contract concerns moving forward.

NFITO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:09 PM
Brozak
i scoreded a goal

Corey Perry and a 2nd rounder

for

Shea Weber + Ryan Ellis

:O

Brozak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:14 PM
Aquiace
The Goggles!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
That would never fly for Nashville. I think Backstrom for Weber straight up makes sense.
I don't think Backstrom would fit well in Nashville. He's too soft and Trotz would not be happy with his perimeter play.

He'd be interested in guys like Toews, Malkin, E. Staal, Nash, Perry, Kesler, Datsyuk, etc.

And before anyone says "No way, so-and-so would get traded, even for Weber. He's the heart-and-soul of the team". So is Weber. And he's their captain.

Aquiace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Mizral

I've had this conversation with my cousin who is a hardcore Canuck fan from the early 90's and we both agree. Kesler for Weber is a trade you have to make if you're Vancouver simply because it solidifies the defense for many many years. Kesler is ultimately not what makes this team tick (Sedin's). Not saying the guy is expendable - he's certainly not. But for a player like Weber who could be the best D-man in the league right now ... it's just too good to pass up.

Mizral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:05 PM
CalleJAMkrok
Weber/Jones/Josi

Quote:
Originally Posted by KONOHA View Post
Corey Perry and a 2nd rounder

for

Shea Weber + Ryan Ellis

:O
If shea wants out, this is what id like to see. but without the pick and Ellis

CalleJAMkrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:33 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFITO View Post
No thanks. Kesler is not going to be available in a trade and certainly not for a potential contract headache.

He's signed for 5 more years at $5mill/yr. You don't deal contracts like that for players hitting FA in a year or two.

You aren't going to get players like Kesler on longterm contracts at great value for assets like Weber or Suter - great dmen with contract concerns moving forward.
This.

07-28-2011, 09:39 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

I think in terms of mutual team interests, IF Nashville is shopping Weber, they should target the following guys:

Bobby Ryan (+)
Eric Staal
Evgeni Malkin (for Weber+)
Zach Parise

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 09:59 PM
Sasso09

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voodoo Child View Post
I think in terms of mutual team interests, IF Nashville is shopping Weber, they should target the following guys:

Bobby Ryan (+)
Eric Staal
Zach Parise
It'll need to be Eric Staal plus as well. I rate Bobby over Eric by a large margin given age and contract.

Sasso09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:

Bobby Ryan (+)
Eric Staal
Zach Parise
The thing is, if they were taking any of these contracts back they might as well just sign their Norris Trophy finalist. Makes no sense to trade him to just take a similar contract back. They also aren't rebuilding so they don't want just prospects, which is why he won't be traded.

Csonked Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:16 PM
SomeoneGreat

Henrik Sedin for Weber

SomeoneGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:17 PM
Ernie

It's funny that Leafs fans think Phaneuf would return anything of value.

or Kessel, for that matter. Talk about trying to polish a turd. Kessel might not have negative value like Phaneuf, but he certainly wouldn't bring back an impact player.

Ernie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Voodoo Child
Lǎobǎn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasso09 View Post
It'll need to be Eric Staal plus as well. I rate Bobby over Eric by a large margin given age and contract.
What really?

Staal has a cup, a 100-point season and he and Shea should be getting roughly similar deals (I think Shea gets 7.25, Eric makes 8.25), and of course he's that so-elusive 6'4 200+ #1 center that teams covet but is so so rare. That + is something very small, like a 3rd or Oskar Osala, unless Weber is signed to a sweetheart (6.5 or less) deal, then that + becomes a 1st or Zac Dalpe.

Bobby Ryan better than Eric Staal? At goal scoring and nothing else, 2.5 years age difference. Surely you jest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingbooya View Post
The thing is, if they were taking any of these contracts back they might as well just sign their Norris Trophy finalist. Makes no sense to trade him to just take a similar contract back. They also aren't rebuilding so they don't want just prospects, which is why he won't be traded.
I hear you, but the reason Nashville never has, and never will ever be a serious threat; they don't have that elite, gamebreaking forward. They have never had one, and if they want to keep afloat, they need one.

I'd feel much more comfortable with a nucleus of E. Staal, Wilson, Hornqvist, Suter, Blum and Rinne than I would of Wilson, Hornqvist, Weber, Suter, Blum and Rinne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post

or Kessel, for that matter. Talk about trying to polish a turd. Kessel might not have negative value like Phaneuf, but he certainly wouldn't bring back an impact player.
Let's trade two impact players for two impact players. Retard.

Voodoo Child is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:19 PM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Parise and Urbom

for

Weber and Lindback

Zajacs Bowl Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-28-2011, 10:20 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernie View Post

Neither player has negative value, there are many teams who wouldn't mind Phaneuf either, he just won't return anyone near an elite talent. I am by no means a Leafs fan, but let's not be oblivious to both player's talents.

Old
07-28-2011, 10:22 PM
Csonked Out

Quote:
What really?

Staal has a cup, a 100-point season and he and Shea should be getting roughly similar deals (I think Shea gets 7.25, Eric makes 8.25), and of course he's that so-elusive 6'4 200+ #1 center that teams covet but is so so rare. That + is something very small, like a 3rd or Oskar Osala, unless Weber is signed to a sweetheart (6.5 or less) deal, then that + becomes a 1st or Zac Dalpe.

Bobby Ryan better than Eric Staal? At goal scoring and nothing else, 2.5 years age difference. Surely you jest!

I hear you, but the reason Nashville never has, and never will ever be a serious threat; they don't have that elite, gamebreaking forward. They have never had one, and if they want to keep afloat, they need one.

I'd feel much more comfortable with a nucleus of E. Staal, Wilson, Hornqvist, Suter, Blum and Rinne than I would of Wilson, Hornqvist, Weber, Suter, Blum and Rinne.

That would go against the entire teams philosophy. They are a team that plays suffocating defense with strong goaltending. They build from the net out and they draft from the net out. I could see Suter being traded if they have a replacement for him long before I could ever see Weber being traded.

Old
07-28-2011, 10:25 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beesfan View Post
Certainly not for Washington.

Old
07-28-2011, 10:27 PM
NobodyBeatsTheWiz
Happy now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquiace View Post
I don't think Backstrom would fit well in Nashville. He's too soft and Trotz would not be happy with his perimeter play.

He'd be interested in guys like Toews, Malkin, E. Staal, Nash, Perry, Kesler, Datsyuk, etc.

And before anyone says "No way, so-and-so would get traded, even for Weber. He's the heart-and-soul of the team". So is Weber. And he's their captain.
Wait, what? Backstrom would fit well with any team in the league. Soft, perimeter play doesn't even begin to describe his game.