HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mtl-Nyr proposal

Closed Thread

Old
08-09-2004, 07:45 PM
Maxpac

vCash: 500
Mtl-Nyr proposal

Hugh Jessiman for Ribs, Bulis and a 2nd. thougths? too much, not enough
remember this is a proposal so i could be way off. And for those who's wondering, i'd give Thomas Pleckanek or Chris Higgins or Radek Bonk(logical choice) a chance to center the 2nd line.

Old
08-09-2004, 07:51 PM
Classic Devil
Moderator Emeritus

Awards:
?
Jessiman doesn't have nearly that value.

Old
08-09-2004, 07:54 PM
x-bob

who is Jessiman....Never heard of this guy. You think we're gonna give you our best scorer, a good 2 way forward and a second pick for this guy.

Old
08-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Trottier
Very Random

Habs are on the verge of becoming a perennial contender out of the East...and you want to give up a young 70-point pivot, a key player (albeit one who is smallish and made an @$$ out of himself with his immature antics in the playoffs)....for a prospect? And hand the #2 center spot to another unproven player? (Bonk was acquired to add depth and size; that would be immediately diminished should you move Robeiro.)

That's called: looking a great opportunity to win near-term in the eye...and deconstructing it in a heartbeat.

Last edited by Trottier: 08-09-2004 at 10:52 PM.
Old
08-09-2004, 08:14 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel the great!
remember this is a proposal so i could be way off. And for those who's wondering, i'd give Thomas Pleckanek or Chris Higgins or Radek Bonk(logical choice) a chance to center the 2nd line.
Jessiman wasn't even able to get a ppg this past season in the NCAA. Just a horrible proposal. I'd be hardpressed to give up much more than the 2nd for him, let alone add the other two guys.

Old
08-09-2004, 09:00 PM
Traitor8

I wouldn't even trade Ribeiro for him. A 65 pts guy who is still young(24) while Jessiman didn't do anything yet.

And then, logical reasons this trade doesn't make sense:

1-We don't need anymore prospect
2-Bonk was acquired to centre 3rd line according to Gainey and Julien
3-Why Plekanec,Higgins?!? You gonna leave urself with them ..what if they start sucking? then making the playoffs is the only goal for the Habs.
4-Ribeiro isn't old so we don't need to trade him
5-Ribeiro isn't taking a lot of money so we don't need to trade him
6-Bulis is a solid 2 way player, not a lot of money, still in his prime.

Old
08-09-2004, 09:58 PM
Synergy27

Call me a homer if you must, but everyone underrates Jessiman because he is a Ranger prospect. That being said, he is definitely not worth Ribiero, Bulis and a 2nd, but he is definitely worth more than a second alone. The kid is practically by himself at Dartmouth so opposing defenses simply key on him with double and triple teams. He still managed to be a ppg player in spite of all of that this past season, and he has been working like an animal all summer in anticipation of turning pro this year. It is going to be awesome watching Hugh prove all the naysayers wrong.

Old
08-09-2004, 10:17 PM
eddy

For once it's a proposal really lopsided on the habs side, it makes no sence for the habs, Ribs has just broken out as a good 60-70 point guy, Bulis is a good young 3rd liner, plus a 2nd, jessimen is a good prospect but you can't give up somthing like that for a guy who hasn't played a game in the nhl yet.

Old
08-09-2004, 10:19 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by synergy27
The kid is practically by himself at Dartmouth so opposing defenses simply key on him with double and triple teams.
If he's so alone, why was he not even his team's leading scorer? You talk as if he's in death valley for hockey players, when in fact he's on a decent team that finished above 500.

Old
08-09-2004, 10:25 PM
montreal
Go Habs Go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
If he's so alone, why was he not even his team's leading scorer? You talk as if he's in death valley for hockey players, when in fact he's on a decent team that finished above 500.

They stand a very good chance of winning the ECAC if Jessiman returns. Lee Stempinack and Grant Lewis both had big seasons. Plus they added some impressive Freshman talent in J T Wyman and Nick Johnson.

Old
08-09-2004, 11:32 PM
El Wama

Hum.. What about.. No?...

Fisrt of all... Let's say that Gainey will NEVER trade Mike Ribeiro.. He's the most popular player in Montreal (Remeber Saku vs Ribs, 80% wanted to trade Saku before Ribs.. if so..) And he reach the 65 pts plateau.. He has a goos chemestry with Ryder.. So NO, he will not trade Ribs..

Bulis is the most underatted player in Montreal.. He's the top guy in PK, and he brings a lot of speed... If only he could score in 50% of his scoring opportunities.. he can reach the 20g/50pts... This year with Bonk maybe

I don't think Gainey would trade Bulis and a 2rd for him...

What "established" player in the Nhl would you give for Bulis..? Korolyuk? Nilson?

Old
08-09-2004, 11:50 PM
not quite yoda

How about Chipchura for a 2nd, Poti and Jagr?

Old
08-09-2004, 11:59 PM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
How about Chipchura for a 2nd, Poti and Jagr?

Is Jagr supposed to be Ribeiro or Bulis?

Old
08-10-2004, 12:02 AM
not quite yoda

Jagr is your team's leading point getter last year. Poti is a good avg aged guy who isn't quite supposed to be one of your top players.

Jagr mighta been a bad equivalent to Ribeiro but I didn't have many "current established NHL Rags who had a good season" to play with here... sorry.

Old
08-10-2004, 12:44 AM
Onion Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by espion
Jagr mighta been a bad equivalent to Ribeiro but I didn't have many "current established NHL Rags who had a good season" to play with here... sorry.
You're right. That's precisely why the Rangers make poor trading partners in just about EVERY proposal. At the moment, I couldn't be happier to be honest.

Old
08-10-2004, 01:05 AM
KLu

Send a message via MSN to KLu
Quote:

I got one thing to say....

were you on drugs when you wrote that? :bonk:

Old
08-10-2004, 02:25 AM
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLu

I got one thing to say....

were you on drugs when you wrote that? :bonk:
Shaggy: Like, zoinks Scoob! I think someone broke into our mystery van and took my special supplies!
Scooby: Ruh-roh!

Old
08-10-2004, 04:16 AM
Poikilitic

Riberio still plays? I saw him on broadway the other day...
ZING!!!
oh snap

im going to sleep

Old
08-10-2004, 05:16 PM
AG9NK35DT8*

Quote:
as a nyr fan i would do it, i think jessiman will be a flop anyway

Old
08-10-2004, 06:03 PM
ECL
Very slippery slope

Send a message via AIM to ECL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho Joe
He wasn't the leading scorer because he was being tripple teamed for most of the games.

Thats another reason they were good - the fact that it took so much man power to stop Hugh.

Old
08-11-2004, 05:36 PM
Maxpac

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy
For once it's a proposal really lopsided on the habs side, it makes no sence for the habs, Ribs has just broken out as a good 60-70 point guy, Bulis is a good young 3rd liner, plus a 2nd, jessimen is a good prospect but you can't give up somthing like that for a guy who hasn't played a game in the nhl yet.
i know i give too much but do i really have a choice here on hfboards, if it's a little on the habs side we're called the worst fans ever! I just want a big center prospect with offensive potential, we have Chipchura but he aint gonna have more than 35-40 points a year, how about you guys give me proposals for a big center prospect

Old
08-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Psycho Papa Joe
Porkchop Hoser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reveille
He wasn't the leading scorer because he was being tripple teamed for most of the games.

Thats another reason they were good - the fact that it took so much man power to stop Hugh.
Interesting theory. I've seen alot of players who are the main focus of the other team and they have produced a hell of alot more than Jessiman and have led their team's in scoring. I'll grant you, he's a nice prospect, with great size, but I wouldn't give up much more than a 2nd for him. A second and a mid level prospect or a 3rd rounder would be it.

Old
08-12-2004, 12:22 AM
PanthersFan5Mezei

Send a message via AIM to PanthersFan5Mezei Send a message via Yahoo to PanthersFan5Mezei
Quote:
Originally Posted by x-bob
who is Jessiman....Never heard of this guy. You think we're gonna give you our best scorer, a good 2 way forward and a second pick for this guy.
12th Overall Draft Pick in 2003, and you've never heard of him? Come on, we're not naming a guy picked in the middle of the 1st round in 1961 that never made a name for himself...come on.

Old
08-12-2004, 12:23 AM
PanthersFan5Mezei

Send a message via AIM to PanthersFan5Mezei Send a message via Yahoo to PanthersFan5Mezei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulcrum
Riberio still plays? I saw him on broadway the other day...
ZING!!!
oh snap

im going to sleep

lol

Closed Thread