HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Fla-Ana

Old
07-29-2011, 09:48 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

vCash: 500
Fla-Ana

To ANA: David Booth, 4th Rounder

To FLA: Kyle Palmieri

Anaheim gets a LW PWF to play along Getzlaf and Perry, Bobby drops down to 2nd line with Koivu and Selanne. Improves their top 9.

Florida gets a young two-way scorer with high upside. (Scored 29 goals as a 19 y/o in the AHL). Likely 2nd line player with potential for 1st line player. Should be NHL ready by next year if not this year.

Threw in draft pick because Palmieri has a high ceiling, and Booth has scored 40 points twice and only 60 points once, and the rest is blah.

First proposal of mine. good? bad? ?

ShadowDuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:54 AM
JabbaJabba

As a Duck fan I would just rather keep Palmieri.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:57 AM
jonnybullit4390

It a bad proposal for Florida !! Booth is a proven player that play with heart ... Is value is lower since is contract is big but it doesnt affect Florida they have big time money to spend !! Booth is worth a 1 round + 2 round so I would say Palmieri + something will give you booth

jonnybullit4390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:59 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Rather keep Palmieri personally, Booth is a good player but he's a big injury risk with his head no?

We'd probably have to add another higher end prospect minimum to get Florida to even think about it, probably something like Palmieri + Holland + 1st round pick I guess. Either way we'll have to give a pretty decent overpayment

mightyquack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:02 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDuck View Post
To ANA: David Booth, 4th Rounder

To FLA: Kyle Palmieri

Anaheim gets a LW PWF to play along Getzlaf and Perry, Bobby drops down to 2nd line with Koivu and Selanne.
No money for Booth plus Selanne. Not an option.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:04 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
No money for Booth plus Selanne. Not an option.
Well the Ducks have room for both, just not with the internal cap though.

Palmieri + Holland + 1st rounder is way too much, we could get a top player in the league for that package.

Old
07-29-2011, 10:06 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Palmieri + Holland + 1st rounder is way too much, we could get a top player in the league for that package.
I could be a bit off, but I'm pretty sure I've seen previous threads about Booth and he is much more valuable to Florida then he would be to other teams, you'd have to overpay to get Booth. From what I saw of what Florida fans said anyway.

Old
07-29-2011, 10:08 AM
Vipers31
Advanced Stagnostic

Quote:
Well the Ducks have room for both, just not with the internal cap though.
Which is kind of reality, and the bottom line for these kinds of thoughts.

Vipers31 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:24 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightyquack View Post
I could be a bit off, but I'm pretty sure I've seen previous threads about Booth and he is much more valuable to Florida then he would be to other teams, you'd have to overpay to get Booth. From what I saw of what Florida fans said anyway.
He is overrated by the fans. If we were to trade off Booth, him being the main package, I think many Florida fans would be disappointed with the return. He has hit 30 goals, but, he isn't the most accurate shooter and his defensive awarness is average.

We do have a fair amount of wingers now, but, I think Tallon is in no rush right now to trade off anyone young and still productive. Plus, with a limited NTC, who knows what his teams of choice are if Tallon wanted to move him.

As for the original offer, I would probably want a higher pick; do not know too much about west coast team prospects in general though. So, do not know too much about Palmieri. Impressive goal totals last year though.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:30 AM
mightyquack
Rekordtorschütze!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
He is overrated by the fans. If we were to trade off Booth, him being the main package, I think many Florida fans would be disappointed with the return. He has hit 30 goals, but, he isn't the most accurate shooter and his defensive awarness is average.

We do have a fair amount of wingers now, but, I think Tallon is in no rush right now to trade off anyone young and still productive. Plus, with a limited NTC, who knows what his teams of choice are if Tallon wanted to move him.

As for the original offer, I would probably want a higher pick; do not know too much about west coast team prospects in general though. So, do not know too much about Palmieri. Impressive goal totals last year though.
Yeah I don't really watch much of the East Coast, only going off what I've seen by the majority of Florida fans. Just seemed the general consensus that you'd have to overpay to get him

Old
07-29-2011, 10:52 AM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipers31 View Post
Which is kind of reality, and the bottom line for these kinds of thoughts.
But HFBoards is FantasyLand!

Old
07-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Laus723
Future Now

Booth isn't an injury risk any more than any other player is that's had a head injury. Right now, Crosby's more at risk than he is. Booth completed a full 82 game season last year and scored 23 goals and had 17 assists. Pretty good after missing most of the previous season due to head injuries.

Do we overrate him? Yeah, probably, but Tallon saw him as good enough to keep around even though his NTC was about to kick in, which it did.

Now he has better teammates, and the confidence of being able to play a full season, many of us think he'll improve on last season.

07-29-2011, 11:22 AM
ShootIt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laus723 View Post
Booth isn't an injury risk any more than any other player is that's had a head injury. Right now, Crosby's more at risk than he is. Booth completed a full 82 game season last year and scored 23 goals and had 17 assists. Pretty good after missing most of the previous season due to head injuries.

Do we overrate him? Yeah, probably, but Tallon saw him as good enough to keep around even though his NTC was about to kick in, which it did.

Now he has better teammates, and the confidence of being able to play a full season, many of us think he'll improve on last season.
Not to mention it took him a while to get back to his old self. He looked rusty and out of place in the beginning of the season, and by the second half he played like he never got two concussions the previous season.

I'm excited to see him play next year, think with the added pieces, he should be around 55-65 pts from here on out.

ShootIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 11:35 AM
Coolburn

Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
This actually seems like it has some basis of possibility. If the Ducks included a 2nd rounder in 2012, I think Florida might do that deal. Palmieri is nice but probably wont be better than Booth long term anyway and the Panthers need to get some else of real value to trade away a player who many of the fans identify with (marketability of a player can change his value in a trade).

It also makes sense for FL to move Booth now with one eye on the future that guys like Howden are coming along soon enough and a spot will need to be cleared and the guys they just signed/traded for probably arent getting moved.

Definitely makes sense for the Ducks as they get a top 6 winger who can score between 20-30 goals consistently and not that expensive price to pay for that kinda scoring while signed long term.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 02:16 PM
ShadowDuck
Captain Anaheim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolburn View Post
This actually seems like it has some basis of possibility. If the Ducks included a 2nd rounder in 2012, I think Florida might do that deal. Palmieri is nice but probably wont be better than Booth long term anyway and the Panthers need to get some else of real value to trade away a player who many of the fans identify with (marketability of a player can change his value in a trade).

It also makes sense for FL to move Booth now with one eye on the future that guys like Howden are coming along soon enough and a spot will need to be cleared and the guys they just signed/traded for probably arent getting moved.

Definitely makes sense for the Ducks as they get a top 6 winger who can score between 20-30 goals consistently and not that expensive price to pay for that kinda scoring while signed long term.
Yeah I believe the two players are a good fit both ways, just not sure what draft picks to add to even it out

Old
07-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

this won't work for Florida

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 03:15 PM
justheducks

Send a message via AIM to justheducks
Florida can't even do this deal financially.
Ducks would probably do this deal
To Ducks:
David Booth
2011 3rd round pick

To Florida:
Jason Blake
Kyle Palmieri
Nic Deschamps
2011 4th round pick

justheducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 03:31 PM
JabbaJabba

Quote:
Originally Posted by justheducks View Post
Florida can't even do this deal financially.
Ducks would probably do this deal
To Ducks:
David Booth
2011 3rd round pick

To Florida:
Jason Blake
Kyle Palmieri
Nic Deschamps
2011 4th round pick
Take Palmieri out and this looks good . But it's not going to happen.

JabbaJabba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 03:34 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JabbaJabba View Post
Take Palmieri out and this looks good . But it's not going to happen.
of course it would look good to a ducks fan.... Florida get ******

Phion Keneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 03:48 PM
Hampe
The Hampster

I'd rather hang on to Palmieri as well.

Hampe is offline   Reply With Quote