HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Time Warner Cable Customers - Please read

Closed Thread

Old
08-01-2004, 01:08 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Time Warner Cable Customers - Please read

MSG Networks offered the following statement Saturday regarding Time Warner Cable’s rejection of its extension proposal and their threat to halt transmission of its services:

Time Warner Cable has threatened to remove our two regional sports networks and to deny its customers some of New York’s most popular sports programming including more than 400 live professional games from seven New York pro teams and 200 live college games.

In the best interests of our viewers, we have continued to make fair and reasonable offers to Time Warner Cable that are significantly below the price that they have agreed to pay the other regional sports network in the market and they have rejected them all. It would be a shame if Time Warner Cable pulled the plug and denied its customers access to all the games on our two regional sports networks.

Im so mad right now, its not funny. Cablevision sux. :mad: :mad:
If Time Warner decides to put back the stations, I hope they dont charge the customers extra. :mad:

Old
08-01-2004, 01:15 AM
Chief

Just get Direct TV and avoid all of this crap.

Old
08-01-2004, 01:23 AM
NYRGoalieGlut*

Wait, I'm kinda tired right now but I might've misread something, but that makes it sound that Time Warner wants to pull the plug, so how is this cablevision's fault other than it being owned by that b/astard Dolan (had to get that in there)?

Old
08-01-2004, 01:25 AM
Skroob*

CableVision wants more money, i think.

Old
08-01-2004, 01:37 AM
BDubinskyNYR17*

Send a message via AIM to BDubinskyNYR17*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief
Just get Direct TV and avoid all of this crap.
some people cant afford Direct TV, at least not at this moment.

Old
08-01-2004, 07:13 AM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

Can't afford Direct TV? Hell you can find the setup for next to nothing most places and the packages are as cheap if not cheaper then cable. I haven't had cable in about 8 years and I haven't missed it for a second. Direct TV rocks.

Old
08-01-2004, 07:47 AM
Fletch

NYRgoalie...

you're reading Cablevision's side of the story. Of course they're going to say we've made reasonable offers. Fact is the programming on MSG has diminished and FSN loses the Mets after '05 (or Nets or Devils, I forget, but that's not the point). Most likely Cablevision's trying to make as much money as possible with this since it lost the Yankees. Additionally, I do not believe Cablevision's doing as well as other cable operators and needs to make up on some profits. On the other hand, Time Warner may be playing hardball as a result of what I stated above. And who knows, perhaps they're trying to keep a sal price down for themselves to potentially bid for Cablevision, if antitrust laws kick in. Cablevision's too small a franchise to survive on its own.

Old
08-01-2004, 09:51 AM
DarthSather99

as of this morning I no longer have MSG or FSNY .... I have Time Warner cable .... :mad: Dolan ....

Old
08-01-2004, 11:32 AM
xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRGoalieGlut
Wait, I'm kinda tired right now but I might've misread something, but that makes it sound that Time Warner wants to pull the plug, so how is this cablevision's fault other than it being owned by that b/astard Dolan (had to get that in there)?
Experience has taught us that whenever Dolan's involved, it's most likly his fault.

Old
08-01-2004, 02:54 PM
Brooklyn Ranger

I know who exactly is at fault here and they already get enough money from me. In any case, unless there is a hockey season, I rarely, if ever, watch any of these channels. It's not like any of their programming is "must see" TV, especially with Fran (I never could hit, but that doesn't stop me from running my mouth off) Healy "calling" the games.

Old
08-02-2004, 09:09 AM
BiLLY

I blame Time Warner for this, they did the same thing with the YES station recently. TWC would like to make MSG/FoxSports a PREMIUM channel so you would have to pay extra for it each month. This is really TWC squeezing Cablevision, not the other way around.

Old
08-02-2004, 12:22 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
In the best interests of our viewers, we have continued to make fair and reasonable offers to Time Warner Cable that are significantly below the price that they have agreed to pay the other regional sports network in the market and they have rejected them all.
Yah, but think about the quality and volume of programming that FSNY offers compared to MSG. As Brook pointed, MSG is 100% unwatchable unless you're tuning in for a game. Other than "Inside Out", what other program have you even been able to sit through on that channel. Im my opinion, comparing MSG to other regional sports networks is laughable.

You know who else knows this? MSG advertisers, and when they know that they're now being exposed to "X" fewer households in the area, they'll move their marketing dollars elsewhere. TWC is playing hardball to try and keep subscription rates affordable for most consumers. I'll tell you, I'm paying as much for digital service as I can and will pay right now and if a new MSG contract means upping my monthly charge again, I may have no choice but to cancel.

Old
08-02-2004, 12:45 PM
Bird Law
Daisy's back.

Send a message via AIM to Bird Law
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOrtmeyer41
some people cant afford Direct TV, at least not at this moment.
Dude. DirecTV is cheaper than cable in most areas. I was paying $49.95 a month for cable and I am paying $39.99 or whatever for DirecTV. And that includes MSG in it and such. Add the NHL Center Ice package, though, and it obviously goes up a bit. But it is cheaper. And we got free installation, free dish, free boxes. Besides the High Def. box, that is.

Old
08-02-2004, 12:46 PM
Davisian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr.
TWC is playing hardball to try and keep subscription rates affordable for most consumers. I'll tell you, I'm paying as much for digital service as I can and will pay right now and if a new MSG contract means upping my monthly charge again, I may have no choice but to cancel.

Sorry MJ, but for simliar reasons as your first paragraph, I'd rather see MSG be a premium channel.

There's little reason to have FSNY, or MSG unless you're a fan of the teams they show. Therefore, I'd like to have the choice of being able to see the Rangers (or mets) and would be willing to pay a bit more for it.

I'm ticked off at both companies and tired of their ********, but I just want them to tell me what needs to be done to watch the teams I like, and I'll decide if I'm willing to pay it.

Here in the Southern Tier, we have other "blackout restrictions" because its considered a "Buffalo" market. Many Ranger games were blacked out and I'm tired of it. They would make a ton more money if they gave consumers the choice, with more flexible cable packages.

Old
08-02-2004, 12:54 PM
Fletch

I've tuned to MSG...

about 3 times since the Rangers' last game, which was, of course, in early-ish April - all to watch the 'Pack. Without the Yankees, there's not much there...

Old
08-02-2004, 12:55 PM
Mr. Lack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Blue
Can't afford Direct TV? Hell you can find the setup for next to nothing most places and the packages are as cheap if not cheaper then cable. I haven't had cable in about 8 years and I haven't missed it for a second. Direct TV rocks.

My Condo Assoc does not allow "dishes".

Question: If I bought the HOCKEY TICKET on Digital Cable...would the Rangers be "blacked out"?

Old
08-02-2004, 01:02 PM
Melrose_Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davisian
Sorry MJ, but for simliar reasons as your first paragraph, I'd rather see MSG be a premium channel.
If by "premium" you mean I get it when I order HBO, then I agree. The questions that raises is, does that mean that blackout restrictions on the game no longer apply? If so, a DirecTV system and a center ice subscription is definitely a better choice for someone who only cares about hockey, auto racing and "Chappelle's Show".

Old
08-02-2004, 01:13 PM
Mr. Lack

Quote:
If by "premium" you mean I get it when I order HBO, then I agree. The questions that raises is, does that mean that blackout restrictions on the game no longer apply? If so, a DirecTV system and a center ice subscription is definitely a better choice for someone who only cares about hockey, auto racing and "Chappelle's Show".
I'm not sure if there anything more important than hockey and "Chapelle's Show".

"I'M RICK JAMES B#TCH!"

Old
08-02-2004, 01:24 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

I'd get Direct TV, but Time Warner has the DVR, once you've experienced that, it's almost impossible to go back

Old
08-02-2004, 01:53 PM
Davisian

Quote:
That is what I mean, but I would take it further if I were them. That's what I meant by more flexible packages. there's many people who might want just the sports, others who just want the movies etc. Let people pick and choose and they will spend more in the long run..

Old
08-02-2004, 02:10 PM
Fletch

The DVR is key...

can record games, Simpsons and Seinfeld. Now, between 10 and 11 when I get home, I can watch the only shows I still view. The DVR is key.

Old
08-02-2004, 02:31 PM
Bluenote13
Believe In Henke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fletch
can record games, Simpsons and Seinfeld. Now, between 10 and 11 when I get home, I can watch the only shows I still view. The DVR is key.
I constantly have to erase because i tape so much....plus you can't beat fast forwarding thru commercials

Old
08-03-2004, 06:27 AM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluenote13
I'd get Direct TV, but Time Warner has the DVR, once you've experienced that, it's almost impossible to go back
DirectTV has TIVO which basically does the same thing.

Old
08-03-2004, 06:28 AM
Ranger Blue
Awaiting Moderation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Lack
My Condo Assoc does not allow "dishes".

Question: If I bought the HOCKEY TICKET on Digital Cable...would the Rangers be "blacked out"?

If you live within the broadcast area, yes.

Old
08-03-2004, 07:02 AM
Fletch

Don't you have to 'buy'...

the TiVO box? TWC actually gives it for free and charges $8.95 per month.

Closed Thread