HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Mike Danton signs with Swe-3 team

Old
07-29-2011, 09:58 AM
X8oD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codith View Post
Danton never tried to kill Frost, he tried to kill his dad, the whole situation is pretty twisted but Mike actually thinks of Frost as his dad, and Frost thinks of him as a son. I met Mike in Halifax, cool guy, he did awesome at SMU in combination with his 3.9 GPA and how well the team did. Prison was the best thing to ever happen to him, might be weird to say but that actually got him on the right track.
Thats what he says now

the people who he hired to kill Frost had a picture of Frost, and were looking for "his dad."

X8oD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 09:58 AM
TOML

Where's the Fleury-esque NHL tryout and book tour?

TOML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:02 AM
TOG26

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
From TSN.ca:

His stats with the Huskies are pretty surprising, given he's a former NHL player.
http://www.metronews.ca/halifax/spor...play-in-europe

TSN's numbers are incorrect I think.

He had 3G 1 A in 7 regular season games, and 6G and 3A in 9 playoff games. And then also must of played a bunch of exhibition games. 14 goals and six assists for 20 points in 49 games in total.

He was also a very well liked member of the team and put the team over his own number. Also had an outstanding GPA.

Last edited by TOG26: 07-29-2011 at 10:08 AM.
TOG26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:26 AM
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by X8oD View Post
Thats what he says now

the people who he hired to kill Frost had a picture of Frost, and were looking for "his dad."
It was reported that it was really his father years ago when it was all happening. At this point, no one really knows the complete truth.

On a side note, the "girlfriend" who hired the hitman went to my high school.

bleedblue1223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:33 AM
coldsteelonice84

vCash: 1948
Quote:
The prosecution in the case in the U.S. said the target of the murder plot was David Frost, Danton's agent at the time. However, Danton, in a convoluted exchange at the National Parole Board last year, suggested the intended victim was his father.

The target of the plot was not identified in the agreed-to facts that were part of the court record when Danton pleaded guilty.
-THN

coldsteelonice84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Franck
Insolent Upstart

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalan2 View Post
What's the pay like in the third division in Sweden?
Third division is mostly semi-pro, as far as I know. A "marquee" player like Danton would probably be getting himself a pretty decent salary. It would be far from SEL-type money though.

Edit: It has been confirmed that IFK Ore from a small village in Dalarna is the team that has signed Danton.

According to their GM, the main reason behind Danton signing with them was his desire to get away from North America.

Link.

Last edited by Franck: 07-29-2011 at 11:15 AM.
Franck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Lux Aurumque*

Good for Danton. Hope he can have a decent hockey career in Europe without Frost messing with his head.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 02:30 PM
Claimed Off Waivers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMapleLaughs View Post
Where's the Fleury-esque NHL tryout and book tour?
Hopefully it happens some day if he does well in Sweden, I think he deserves a 2nd chance.

Claimed Off Waivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 03:11 PM
davebenj

Kind of an odd question but did he shave his head or did they do that since he was in jail? its bugging me (lol)

Edit- Nevermind he must have shaved it. Turns out they don't shave your head unless you are being put to death. Don't I look like a moron. Whoops, carry on.

davebenj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Hugh Mann*
Hey! Hey! You! You!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottyG 91 View Post
From TSN.ca:

His stats with the Huskies are pretty surprising, given he's a former NHL player.
He was never much of an NHL player.

Hugh Mann* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 08:53 PM
tfriede2

Quote:
Danton never tried to kill Frost, he tried to kill his dad, the whole situation is pretty twisted but Mike actually thinks of Frost as his dad, and Frost thinks of him as a son. I met Mike in Halifax, cool guy, he did awesome at SMU in combination with his 3.9 GPA and how well the team did. Prison was the best thing to ever happen to him, might be weird to say but that actually got him on the right track.
Yikes - huge misinformation here. Danton may say that his dad was his intended target, but that's simply not true. The undercover hitman was told to kill Frost, and that's the FBI's take on it as well. It appears obvious (to me) that Frost was/is inside Danton's head and has been for years.

tfriede2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 10:14 PM
sh724

Part of him being on the Halifax team was that Frost was never around. The coach said if he(the coach) ever sees frost around the team of campus then Danton was off the team. Also Danton's teammates said all he ever did was play hockey and study. Danton's parents the Jefferson's are suppose to be having a book come out soon to tell their side of the story that Frost has/had Danton brainwashed and that Danton said/did whatever Frost told him to do.

sh724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 11:43 PM
Motown Beatdown
Need a slump buster

vCash: 450
watching the E60 piece tells me Frost still has a stranglehold over Danton.

Motown Beatdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 12:09 AM
Celtic Note
Chi Town Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motown Beatdown View Post
watching the E60 piece tells me Frost still has a stranglehold over Danton.
Watching that tells me they are all messed up and picking sides make no sense whatsoever.

Celtic Note is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 12:39 AM
El Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
It was reported that it was really his father years ago when it was all happening. At this point, no one really knows the complete truth.

On a side note, the "girlfriend" who hired the hitman went to my high school.

She was from Florissant wasn't she?

Anyhow I'm happy for Mike. I liked him when he played for the Blues and He really seems like a likeable guy who's been through some really horrible ****. I don't think he should have even gone to prison, but it turned out to help him. Best of luck Mike I'll always be rooting for u

El Cohiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 12:40 AM
KovalSNIPE

Who?

KovalSNIPE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 12:45 AM
El Cohiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by KovalSNIPE View Post
Who?
The guy who called out your team's GM and potentially tried to kill that dbag David Frost that's who

El Cohiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 01:02 AM
biturbo19

So that's it for the 'college thing' then eh? lol.

biturbo19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 01:20 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck View Post
Third division is mostly semi-pro, as far as I know. A "marquee" player like Danton would probably be getting himself a pretty decent salary. It would be far from SEL-type money though.

Edit: It has been confirmed that IFK Ore from a small village in Dalarna is the team that has signed Danton.

According to their GM, the main reason behind Danton signing with them was his desire to get away from North America.

Link.
I can see him maybe getting an apartment to live in and $4-5k/month. Basically playing hockey while drawing your everyday salary. Or in other words a standard journeyman player in SEL-2 deal, but in SEL-3.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 01:59 AM
Richards to Gaborik

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShootIt View Post
This. Danton said it was his father who he tried to have killed.
You guys actually believe this? After watching the 360 episode I couldn't believe anything further from this. I believe the assassination attempt was Danton's last opportunity to try and take over his life/have control of it, rather than have frost dictate it. But that didn't work, and while prison may have been "good for him' the damage has been permanent. He seems to truly feel that Frost controls his life, hence why there was so much hesitance towards telling the reporter the truth regarding the whole controversy/who he actually tried to kill.

Anyhow, I suppose this thread is about the signing, so I am glad for him. Hopefully things can work out better for Danton. I never watched him play, but he seemed like he had quality talent that would have produced well at the NHL level.

Richards to Gaborik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 03:06 AM
The Face Pincher*

Bro Fist
............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸post This Ten Times
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\if Ur A Bro
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

The Face Pincher* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-30-2011, 05:58 AM
NJDEVIL

good luck to him. people can go through some mind altering...better yet life altering experiences for the better or worse. This appears to be heading in the right direction for him. nice story thus far.

NJDEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 01:16 AM
metalan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
I can see him maybe getting an apartment to live in and $4-5k/month. Basically playing hockey while drawing your everyday salary. Or in other words a standard journeyman player in SEL-2 deal, but in SEL-3.
Wow. That isn't a bad deal at all, and he can try to prove himself to move up in the league.

metalan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 01:20 AM
WalterSobchak
Blues Trololol

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
Well he did try to you know kill someone.
no, he didn't he was arranging to have someone kill another person. God is in the details and in this case details is important

WalterSobchak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
08-04-2011, 01:49 AM
Hennessy
Blank Space

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterSobchak View Post
no, he didn't he was arranging to have someone kill another person. God is in the details and in this case details is important
I'm not sure what you're getting at here. If I hire someone to pull the trigger or if I do it myself, the decision to kill the person would still be mine, regardless. The blood would be on my hands literally or figuratively. I don't see a difference in those details.

Hennessy is online now   Reply With Quote