Given the fact that we're only about 60% through how long the playoffs could possibly be, this discussion is coming up way too early.
The Roenick overtime goal is obviously the best moment so far. There have been lots of impressive goals (Primeau's man-handling of the NJ defensemen and Kapanen's shorthanded goal), but none so significant or dramatic as Roenick's goal.
The most fun I had watching a game this year was that 4-0 comeback by the Flames against the 'Nucks to force OT, but the most memorable moment would be the whole amount of time from when Kapanen got leveled to Roenick's OT winner, because I felt both anxious about whether Kapanen was ok (and then seeing he was) and jubilated over the beauty of a goal JR shot.
Here's my revamped list of favorite goals I have viewed live:
13. Mark Howe Game 1 1985 vs. NYR (OT)
12. Murray Craven Game 5 1988 vs. Washington (OT)
11. Rick Tocchet Game 5 1987 at Edmonton
10. Dave Poulin Game 5 1989 at Montreal (OT)
9. Ron Hextall Regular Season vs. Boston
8. Ilkka Sinisalo Game 1 1987 vs. Montreal (OT)
7. Ron Hextall Game 5 1989 at Washington
6. Dave Poulin Game 6 1985 vs. Quebec
5. Keith Primeau Game 4 2000 at Pittsburgh (5OT) 4. Jeremy Roenick Game 6 2004 at Toronto
3. Rick MacLeish Game 6 1974 vs. Boston
2. Bobby Clarke Game 2 1974 at Boston (OT)
1. J.J. Daigneault Game 6 1987 vs. Edmonton
Seeing that AGraveOne lists his location as Raleigh, NC, his hatred for Primeau/Flyers would all seem to fit. Just a hunch.....
'Canes fans are still burning about the circumstances of Primeau's departure.
(he he - i posted this as you were posting that last one...all good...and thanks)
Not bad assumptions, just wrong.
I'm a ranger fan (which shouldn't float too well in Flyer land) but i like the Flyers too. Since i have been watching hockey (mid 80s) the Rangers and Flyers haven't really been good at the same times...so i can't hate them. I despise the Devils more than any other team - which increases my 'affection' for the Flyers...especially this year when they finally ousted them! (no Stevens and NJ is no match)
The Canes losing to the Flyers didn't bother me at all...and i'd rather have Brind'Amour than Primeau any day. Primeau annoys me because he has always been lauded as a great player...when in truth, he is a clod that can be very effective if he throws his big body around, but otherwise is a clod. (need we look any further than that 3 on none...oops i juked myself out...oops i'm falling...interference play the other night)