HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Sj-nyi

Old
07-29-2011, 01:46 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

vCash: 500
Sj-nyi

get
Josh Bailey
Blake Comeau

get
Marc Eduard Vlasic
Justin Braun
Benn Feriero
2nd 2013

The Sharks then go out and sign Scott Hannan or someone similar to replace Vlasic.

The Sharks add two young forwards, both of whom would immediately go onto the 3rd line. Bailey, a former 1st rounder, likely needs a change of scenery to get going. But the talent and potential is there. Comeau is also a young forward who struggles with inconsistancy, much like Setoguchi did.

Our lines then look like
Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Mitchell-Bailey-Comeau
McGinn-Zeus-Murray
Desjardin

Hannan-Burns
Murray-Boyle
Vandy-Demers
Moore

The Islanders recieve two young defenceman with top 4 potential. Vlasic is already a top 4 and would fill the void in the Isles top 4 very well. Braun is a young puck moving defenceman, that has a wicked point shot. Very easily could be a #5 or 6 on the Isles with the ability to do spot duty on the 2nd pairing. Ferriero is a depth forward who can play on any line at all. The 2nd is well, a 2nd.

I think this makes the Sharks, legit cup contenders, and the Isles a contender for the #8 or higher seed. A trade that works well for both teams.

CommanderShepard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:48 PM
sweHockeypunk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by CloweForbidzYou View Post
get
Josh Bailey
Blake Comeau

get
Marc Eduard Vlasic
Justin Braun
Benn Feriero
2nd 2013

The Sharks then go out and sign Scott Hannan or someone similar to replace Vlasic.

The Sharks add two young forwards, both of whom would immediately go onto the 3rd line. Bailey, a former 1st rounder, likely needs a change of scenery to get going. But the talent and potential is there. Comeau is also a young forward who struggles with inconsistancy, much like Setoguchi did.

Our lines then look like
Marleau-Thornton-Pavelski
Clowe-Couture-Havlat
Mitchell-Bailey-Comeau
McGinn-Zeus-Murray
Desjardin

Hannan-Burns
Murray-Boyle
Vandy-Demers
Moore

The Islanders recieve two young defenceman with top 4 potential. Vlasic is already a top 4 and would fill the void in the Isles top 4 very well. Braun is a young puck moving defenceman, that has a wicked point shot. Very easily could be a #5 or 6 on the Isles with the ability to do spot duty on the 2nd pairing. Ferriero is a depth forward who can play on any line at all. The 2nd is well, a 2nd.

I think this makes the Sharks, legit cup contenders, and the Isles a contender for the #8 or higher seed. A trade that works well for both teams.
Our defense would be very thin after this trade. Braun and Vlasic are both part of our future. Though we would have more young forwards, I think it would cost too much. New York will probably say the same about it thinning their forward depth out.

sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:48 PM
mcphllp
Dion @ 6.5=Discount

Vlasic isn't worth that much

mcphllp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:50 PM
sweHockeypunk21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcphllp View Post
Vlasic isn't worth that much
Ferriero and Braun are two of the closest NHL ready young players the Sharks have along with a 2nd. Vlasic is worth Comeau, and the others are probably worth Bailey (don't know anything about him).

sweHockeypunk21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:57 PM
MattyW

From NYI fan: DEAL! (and I love Comeau)

MattyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 01:58 PM
hockeyball

We can't trade Vlasic and Braun, one or the other.

hockeyball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 02:00 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweHockeypunk21 View Post
Our defense would be very thin after this trade. Braun and Vlasic are both part of our future. Though we would have more young forwards, I think it would cost too much. New York will probably say the same about it thinning their forward depth out.
Braun likely wont play up here this year anyway, unless its for injury replacement.

Next year, im hoping Petrecki is good to join the Sharks. He takes Hannens spot next year, and possibly this year (although unlikely)

The defence doesnt lose that much as Hannen is likely more effective then Vlasic anyway. Neither can do anything on offence, but Hannen isnt a pillow. We might lose a bit of defenceive depth, but we gain an enourmous amount of forward depth.

Old
07-29-2011, 02:01 PM
BacklundtoBartschi*

NYI takes it and runs.

BacklundtoBartschi* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 02:09 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Yes. It would be sad to see Comeau gone but I would do this. Can Braun be sent to the AHL?

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 02:13 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Yes. It would be sad to see Comeau gone but I would do this. Can Braun be sent to the AHL?
Yes.

he even has a 2 way, so if hes in the AHL, its easier on Wangs pocket.

Old
07-29-2011, 04:32 PM
88th Precinct
'Charro Unchained'

Yes please?

88th Precinct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:38 PM
SLAPSHOT723
Johnny Rockets

Quote:
Yes.

he even has a 2 way, so if hes in the AHL, its easier on Wangs pocket.
Then yes, I would do this.

After that trade our lines would be...

Moulson-Tavares-Parenteau
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Rolston-Reasoner-Niederreiter
Martin-Ullstrom-Haley

Streit-Vlasic
MacDonald-Hamonic
Eaton-Jurcina

Montoya
DP/Poulin

Would the Sharks take Mottau back? We need to get rid of him to make Braun/Wishart the first call up.

SLAPSHOT723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:38 PM
Confound
-Vindicated-

NYI says yes!

Confound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 04:48 PM
CodeE

I'd pull the trigger on this deal. Vlasic is the top-4 guy we need now, Feriero, Braun, and the 2nd make up for losing Bailey and Comeau.

CodeE is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:26 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweHockeypunk21 View Post
Ferriero and Braun are two of the closest NHL ready young players the Sharks have along with a 2nd. Vlasic is worth Comeau, and the others are probably worth Bailey (don't know anything about him).
How can you say they're probably worth someone you don't know anything about?

I actually like Comeau and Bailey as potential acquisitions but this overloads the forward group and thins out the defensemen. Scott Hannan isn't going to come back to San Jose. There isn't any other free agent out there that would compliment Burns as well as Vlasic potentially can. The OP's lineup is silly. Michal Handzus and Doug Wilson didn't agree to a contract with an NMC at 2.5 mil per to play on the 4th line.

One of the two would be a good acquisition but not both. Vlasic is also unavailable at this point. If he blows it this year, he's probably gone but not right now.

Pinkfloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:49 PM
BigDmitriy

Send a message via AIM to BigDmitriy Send a message via MSN to BigDmitriy Send a message via Yahoo to BigDmitriy
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPSHOT723 View Post
Then yes, I would do this.

After that trade our lines would be...

Moulson-Tavares-Parenteau
Grabner-Nielsen-Okposo
Rolston-Reasoner-Niederreiter
Martin-Ullstrom-Haley

Streit-Vlasic
MacDonald-Hamonic
Eaton-Jurcina

Montoya
DP/Poulin

Would the Sharks take Mottau back? We need to get rid of him to make Braun/Wishart the first call up.
I guess we would...would look something like this...

CAPGEEK.COM CAP CALCULATOR

FORWARDS
Patrick Marleau ($6.900m) / Joe Thornton ($7.000m) / Joe Pavelski ($4.000m)
Ryane Clowe ($3.625m) / Logan Couture ($1.241m) / Martin Havlat ($5.000m)
Joshua Bailey ($1.725m) / Michal Handzus ($2.500m) / Blake Comeau ($0.650m)
Jamie McGinn ($0.680m) / Torrey Mitchell ($1.366m) / Andrew Murray ($0.575m)
Andrew Desjardins ($0.540m) / John McCarthy ($0.525m)

DEFENSEMEN
Jason Demers ($1.250m) / Brent Burns ($3.550m)
Douglas Murray ($2.500m) / Dan Boyle ($6.666m)
Mike Mottau ($0.800m) / Jim Vandermeer ($1.000m)
/ Mike Moore ($0.512m)

GOALTENDERS
Antti Niemi ($3.800m) / Antero Niittymaki ($2.000m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $58,407,501; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $5,892,499

Not as nice as w/ Braun and Vlasic, but...the forward lines look nice (you could replace McCarthy with a PKing vet like Sjostrom for ~700K) :-)

BigDmitriy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 05:50 PM
Banana Sandwiches

I guess it's fair since a Sharks' fan proposed this.

I like this trade more for the Islanders.

Banana Sandwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 06:24 PM
CommanderShepard15
Eberle=Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
How can you say they're probably worth someone you don't know anything about?

I actually like Comeau and Bailey as potential acquisitions but this overloads the forward group and thins out the defensemen. Scott Hannan isn't going to come back to San Jose. There isn't any other free agent out there that would compliment Burns as well as Vlasic potentially can. The OP's lineup is silly. Michal Handzus and Doug Wilson didn't agree to a contract with an NMC at 2.5 mil per to play on the 4th line.

One of the two would be a good acquisition but not both. Vlasic is also unavailable at this point. If he blows it this year, he's probably gone but not right now.
can i remind you this same GM gave Niklas Wallin 2.65m NMC last year. worse comes to worse, handzeus can either center bailey and comeau or play a wing, if ur that concerned with him playing line 3.

personally i think its a trade that helps both teams. we have plenty d prospects and few forwards. bailey and comeau should both be around for a while. we improve now and in the future. id also like to see how bailey would improve with a vet like jumbo to show him the ropes.

Old
07-29-2011, 06:29 PM
CupfortheSharks

We finally get a top notch D and some of you want to trade away a key piece to fill in the 3rd line. Wow.

I'm with PF, I can't imagine that Vlasic is available right now.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 06:31 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
can i remind you this same GM gave Niklas Wallin 2.65m NMC last year. worse comes to worse, handzeus can either center bailey and comeau or play a wing, if ur that concerned with him playing line 3.

personally i think its a trade that helps both teams. we have plenty d prospects and few forwards. bailey and comeau should both be around for a while. we improve now and in the future. id also like to see how bailey would improve with a vet like jumbo to show him the ropes.
Yeah and what happened when he gave him that contract? They put him on the 2nd pairing to start the season. DW doesn't pay money out like that without the intention of giving that player the initial chance in a pivotal role.

The trade would help both teams if there was an ample replacement available for Vlasic. The assumption that Hannan would be that is false. He is NOT coming back to the Sharks. That bridge is burned. And if you don't have a replacement available for next season for Vlasic, your premise for the trade is simply not in line with the direction of this team.

Old
07-29-2011, 06:32 PM
malPHONEY

Has Vlasic's value gone way down, or something?

I thought Sharks fans were a lot higher on him.

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 06:36 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
Has Vlasic's value gone way down, or something?

I thought Sharks fans were a lot higher on him.
Vlasic has become a whipping boy among a lot of Sharks fans. His value isn't down. People just see him as expendable when in reality, he isn't yet. He would be the easiest of the top five d-men to replace but his position on the team is vital whether fans see it or not.

There is no replacement for Vlasic right now. Him and Burns give the Sharks top shutdown potential and offensive production potential. Boyle and Murray can provide offense but cannot shut down top guys. Burns by himself w/o a quality defensive d-man cannot shut down top competition and be an offensive force.

The entire reason why people are souring on Vlasic is because he isn't physical and he has very little offensive talent. He doesn't do anything that fans like in a hockey player, especially a defenseman.

Old
07-29-2011, 06:44 PM
malPHONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
Vlasic has become a whipping boy among a lot of Sharks fans. His value isn't down. People just see him as expendable when in reality, he isn't yet. He would be the easiest of the top five d-men to replace but his position on the team is vital whether fans see it or not.

There is no replacement for Vlasic right now. Him and Burns give the Sharks top shutdown potential and offensive production potential. Boyle and Murray can provide offense but cannot shut down top guys. Burns by himself w/o a quality defensive d-man cannot shut down top competition and be an offensive force.

The entire reason why people are souring on Vlasic is because he isn't physical and he has very little offensive talent. He doesn't do anything that fans like in a hockey player, especially a defenseman.
Sounds like a rich man's Martinek, but he can actually stay on the ice. At least in terms of physicality (or lack thereof), speed, and shot-blocking. Heck, they're about the same size.

malPHONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
CupfortheSharks

Vlasic has become a whipping boy because he did not have the right kind of partner last year. This year, he will be paired with Burns and become a fan favorite agian.

CupfortheSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
Pinkfloyd

Quote:
Originally Posted by malPHONEY View Post
Sounds like a rich man's Martinek, but he can actually stay on the ice. At least in terms of physicality (or lack thereof), speed, and shot-blocking. Heck, they're about the same size.
Vlasic is a little more durable than Martinek but it's a pretty good comparison right now.